Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 12,841 to 12,860 of 16,083

gcunit

@Anti-Matter Yup, that sounds like 3 strikes for that game. Get it outta there!

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Magician

The hot news of the day, an Amazon listing suggesting a PS5 msrp of $600.

Get your wallets ready, folks.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Grumblevolcano

@Magician Probably just a placeholder price, I doubt Sony would make exactly the same mistake they made in the PS3 era.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

redd214

@Magician obvious placeholders bud, no point in putting much weight to those. But if it does come in at that it wouldn't turn me off personally.

redd214

BruceCM

Yeah, they apparently had a 2TB one, which should ring warning bells.... Wait for official announcements

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Magician

@Grumblevolcano @redd214 @BruceCM

Oh I know it's only a placeholder. But listings like this always make online discussions spicy.

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

TuVictus

Only way I could imagine a $600 price is if they launch a pro version at launch, too, but I don't think so. Can't wait to see the event later today

TuVictus

Dezzy

Dunno what we're getting today, but I hope for something in the Soulsborne series. Either Elden Ring or Bloodborne 2.

There's been a rumour FFXVI is gonna be announced too, although dunno if I buy that. Not while they're right in the middle of FF7 Remake.

Magician wrote:

The hot news of the day, an Amazon listing suggesting a PS5 msrp of $600.

Get your wallets ready, folks.

During a period of economic uncertainty and recession? Lol, that would hardly sell if that's the price.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Magician

Only a couple hours to go until showtime.

P.S. - Keep in mind that the CPU inside the PS4 was considered underwhelming when it launched. So I'm excited to see the 10+ year-old tech inside the PS4 finally being replaced and upgraded with the launch of PS5.

@Dezzy - I assume we won't get a price today. That'll saved for a different event down the road or won't be known until global preorders officially open in September or October.

Edited on by Magician

BruceCM

Yawn, GTA V .... That's not really a next gen game!

SW-4357-9287-0699

Grumblevolcano

@BruceCM I think it's safe to say PS5 doesn't have smart delivery.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

BruceCM

Heh, they certainly got through a few more games now.... There's 2 I'd really like, so far

SW-4357-9287-0699

kkslider5552000

good news: it has games other than CINEMATICS!!111!!! and GUNS!11!!!111! The fact that more than one game reminded me of Zelda is as objectively a good thing as things get.

bad news: the console's look lmao what, future tech made as a joke in a tv show for what consoles will look like in the year 2200. ok sony

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Dezzy

Not bad.

Horizon 2 was the only thing that was like "Wowwww, the future is here".

But Demon's Souls I'm most happy about. The only game in the series I haven't played to death (or at all). Pretty much guarantees I'll get a PS5 at some point anyway. Probably still not at launch though.

Honestly though, I think Xbox could easily win the launch lineup competition. If they launch with Halo Infinite and Fable 4, I think that could look more appealing than the Sony lineup.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Artonide

Good presentation, fun to watch. Console design was pretty. For me, i didnt see any new games that looked fun to play. I just saw gameplay that i wished was a movie or i want to watch others play. Alot of pretty graphics etc, but looks dull to play. So far i see myself playing nintendo games in 2021, and maybe buying a switch pro if that pops up.

SW-4796-1687-6967
Play mostly everything. 😊

Ralizah

Really good format. Not digging the new console design, but whatever.

HZD2 looks excellent, unsurprisingly. That's a "for sure" purchase at some point.

Wasn't blown away by anything I saw, though.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Magonigal

Horizon Zero Dawn & Spiderman (Miles) looked great, although not much gameplay shown and a few of the smaller games were interesting like Stray and Little Devil Inside. Ratchet and Clank looked good and Deathloop but apart from that there wasn't too much else i'm particularly interested in and I'm not sure about the console design although the digital edition looked nicer without the bulge of the drive

Edited on by Magonigal

Magonigal

link3710

Spiderman: Miles Morales actually has me considering getting the system. HZD2 (in like 3 years), R&C, Project Athia (in ~5 years given SE's track record), Demon's Souls (2022 perhaps), and Kena (is this an exclusive), Stray (also questionably an exclusive),

Hitman III, Ghostwire: Tokyo, Deathloop, Little Devil Inside and Oddworld looked good too, albeit as non-exclusives.

I was a lot more hyped before I looked back and realized most of these games aren't coming for years. Only two exclusives for the first two years of the system's life as of now. Guess I'll hold off on getting a PS5 for the foreseeable future, even if I'm super hyped for Spider-Man: Miles Morales.

link3710

Octane

HZD2 looks awesome. Can't wait to see more. R&C was also an impressive showcase. I can see myself getting R&C and GT7 at launch. And it comes with a free Astrobot game, so that's great. That surely means Astrobot 2 is in development as well.

I was also glad that Little Devil Inside made an appearance. I've been awaiting that game for ages.

Octane

BenRK

Anything shown that a PS4 couldn't run? I'll admit up front I'm a bit jaded and see this as unnecessary. If you're excited, great! Don't let this grumpy old man get you down. I just haven't seen anything that screams unable to run on the PS4.

BenRK

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic