Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 12,761 to 12,780 of 16,083

Dezzy

@CanisWolfred

Nearly all of it was based on techniques they already use on current gen. It's just dialed up to the next level, especially the insane polycounts and texture sizes.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

link3710

@Dezzy Man okay. I might actually consider getting a PS5/XBSX if any games really do look that good. Or at the least, I really want to see a new Tomb Raider now.

Gotta give them props too, the art design on that demo was gorgeous, it wasn't just an attempt to show 'as realistic as possible' like I'd expected. Between the hints of story and gorgeous environments and designs, I might be interested if that was expanded into a real game. Course, we don't have a clue what the gameplay would be...

link3710

Magician

Photorealism just continues to get closer and closer.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

CanisWolfred

Dezzy wrote:

@CanisWolfred

Nearly all of it was based on techniques they already use on current gen. It's just dialed up to the next level, especially the insane polycounts and texture sizes.

I guess that's true, but I'm not gonna lie, this is the first time the weeks I've spent learning this stuff felt like it's amounted to anything lol.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Ralizah

Really dig the character design in that tech demo. Imagine if more Western games opted for stylized designs like that over a slavish focus on photo-realism.

Pretty unimpressed with the FF7R-esque hidden loading screen when she's squeezing through that gap, though. I thought PS5 had some lightning-fast SSD that would totally eliminate the need for that sort of level design? Although if you're going to put something like that anywhere, I guess a cave is the place, eh?

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

link3710

@Ralizah I'm not entirely sure the point of that was to disguise loading. It's the first place that shows off the automated mapping of hands to actually touch the wall. But probably more importantly, it was a demo of how the automated acoustics functionality worked in even cramped spaces.

Or I could be wrong, who knows?

link3710

Ralizah

@link3710 Ah, you're probably right. I'll admit I could only listen to the voice talk ecstatically about triangles for so long before tuning him out and just watching the footage.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Dezzy

Whenever you see overly linear environments like that one, you should always be skeptical. That's usually done to optimize the ability to load things in real time (because you have a basic 1 variable function determining what needs to be loaded), and probably won't be possible in more open games.

Edited on by Dezzy

Magician

Sony's financial report is impressive. 1.2B pieces of PS4 software sold lifetime, 66% of which sold digitally. Just...bananas. That has to be a console record I'd imagine. I think the Wii was the previous record holder with just under 1B pieces of software sold?

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

NotTelevision

Cool Ghost of Tsushima gameplay. The exploration looks interesting and I like how the combat style is very deliberate. At least in that gameplay it looked all about anticipating the attack and quick one hit kills. So looks to nail that aspect. The ninja ghost stuff looked alright, but pretty typical for open world stealth combat.

The black and white film grain mode is a cool addition. I’m not going to go in expecting story and characters on par with a Kurosawa or Kobayashi film, but hopefully there are a lot of interesting questlines.

NotTelevision

TuVictus

Ghost of Tsushima reminds me of Breath of the Wild when they do those big sweeping shots over the landscape, it's absolutely beautiful. It wasn't on my radar before but it definitely is now. Combat looks fun, too, which is great since the exploration can get tedious for me after a while

TuVictus

Tobiaku

Xseed is publishing Kandagawa Jet girls, in America.
Allready getting the Japanese release, but might get the English release too, if its uncensored.

Tobiaku

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355

Dezzy

FF7 Remake apparently set a record launch month for the series:

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/final-fantasy-7-remake-bust...

So it's definitely sold over 5 million so far, possibly 6 million. Although this data might just be US sales, but I assume you can generally extrapolate for the rest.

Edited on by Dezzy

kkslider5552000

That honestly sounds right. I would've been stunned if it didn't do ridiculously well, especially with all the other PS1 remakes doing so well.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

RR529

I have FFVII Remake downloading now, so I should be able to have a go at it tomorrow. Pretty excited.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Magician

Allegedly...on June 3rd Sony is prepared to showcase some PS5 first party stuffs.

We'll see.

Octane

@Magician Read about that as well. You'd think that they would announce something like that a few days in advance, so we should know about it in a day or so if it's true I think.

Octane

TuVictus

Hope it is, would love to know what's going to be releasing at or around launch for them this time around. Can't believe it's almost June already

TuVictus

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic