Forums

Topic: The PlayStation 4 Fan Thread

Posts 12,741 to 12,760 of 12,941

JaxonH

@Ralizah
Ya, like I said I’ve got nothing against the touchpad. It’s certainly not hurting anything by being there. But the most I’ve ever used it for is to open a map. It does at least offer one more programmable button on STEAM, and if the controller had extra paddle buttons that’s 3 extra programmable buttons, which I’m all for (speaking of which, does it? Because if it does that’s certainly something worth talking about- makes a better 1:1 with STEAM controller).

@Dezzy
I used it once, to spray paint in Infamous Second Son... and that’s pretty much it. Like, I totally appreciate them adding Gyro because for me, PS controller is my PC controller (although now that I finally got my switch pro controller working, I’ve been bouncing back and forth), but I don’t actually understand it from their point of view because they just don’t use it for anything noteworthy.

If they actually adopted a system level config where you could assign gyro to the right analog, I would buy a system day one, no questions asked. I might even consider switching back over from PC. Same thing for Microsoft, I left a comment on IGN’s interview with Phil Spencer saying, “Decisions based on needs of the gamer huh? Why don’t you add Gyro to your controller and a system level config to map it to right analog, if you did that I dropped PC gaming on the spot and buy a Series X”.

They just don’t seem to have any interest in utilizing it. Certainly not Microsoft. And that’s a shame because otherwise the Series X looks like a killer console. I’m totally on board with the instant suspend, but as long as gyro is out, I struggle to justify buying one. And it kind of feels the same for PS5 because I’m just never going to play a game on that system if it doesn’t have gyro. And that can also be blamed on 3rd parties, but 3rd parties follow the lead of the platform manufacture. As with the Switch- Nintendo introduced gyro, turned gamers on to its potential, made sure all their games utilized it, and then pushed for its inclusion with 3rd parties. And now all the 3rd parties are putting gyro in their Switch games. That needs to happen on the other platforms.

Btw, it really is hard to unsee Mario’s overalls once you picture it 😁

Untitled

And I’m definitely calling this the “Honk” button. I can’t keep up with all these weird symbol buttons that change every generation. What was wrong with Start and Select...

Untitled

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
NS: Xenoblade, Bioshock, Borderlands 2, XCOM 2, Shantae Seven Sirens, Bug Fables
PC: Gears Tactics

MOST EXCITED FOR 2020
NS: Paper Mario Origami King, Trails of Cold Steel 3, Bravely Default II
PC: Cyberpunk 2077

Jesus is Lord.

Grumblevolcano

@TuVictus Fair enough, Nintendo Life should've had an article on this.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

TuVictus

Funny thing is I could have sworn I saw the article here, but I had to google it just to be sure I wasn't misremembering

TuVictus

Ralizah

@JaxonH I might end up paying someone good money for a custom Mario version of that PS5 controller. Looks fantastic.

Edited on by Ralizah

Playing depressing games alone in my cold, dark room <3

Anti-Matter

The real question is can we use PS4 controller to play PS5 games ?

My Top 5 Music genre:
1. Super Eurobeat
2. Cyber Trance
3. Euro Trance
4. Hardcore Techno
5. Bubblegum / Eurodance

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Dezzy

Aha Amazon have now decided my FF7 will arrive tomorrow, after previously saying it'd be delayed.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

TuVictus

I guess Best Buy didn't sell out of special editions since I was able to pre order one earlier this week. Looking forward to the pickup notification tomorrow

TuVictus

Dezzy

This national lockdown is mighty convenient for FF7, since I don't plan to leave my room for about 4 days.

kkslider5552000

I consider everyone who owns a PS4 right now to be incredibly lucky.

Everytime I think of FFVII R, I can't even believe its real. There are games I love and care about more (some of which have also gotten good remakes), but we will basically never see a remake on this scale again. Maybe for the best with how long it will take to complete.

I'll play it someday, I'm sure but y'know...reasonable spending and all that.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Bioshock Infinite Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

Anti-Matter

@kkslider5552000
"I consider everyone who owns a PS4 right now to be incredibly lucky."

Not really.
I will never allowed FF7R touching my PS4 Slim.
My PS4 Slim is only for Cartoonish, Kiddie, Cute games with a few of Teen games.

My Top 5 Music genre:
1. Super Eurobeat
2. Cyber Trance
3. Euro Trance
4. Hardcore Techno
5. Bubblegum / Eurodance

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Spanjard

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I consider everyone who owns a PS4 right now to be incredibly lucky .

It’s never been this easy to be so lucky right now; you can actually buy one.

That said, I think I’ll wait for the inevitable bundle to come out years from now.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Octane

Anti-Matter wrote:

"I consider everyone who owns a PS4 right now to be incredibly lucky."

Not really.
I will never allowed FF7R touching my PS4 Slim.
My PS4 Slim is only for Cartoonish, Kiddie, Cute games with a few of Teen games.

Untitled

Octane

Dezzy

It has arrived!

But it takes over an hour to install. How nice!

kkslider5552000 wrote:

There are games I love and care about more (some of which have also gotten good remakes), but we will basically never see a remake on this scale again.

Yeah that's probably true. Certainly not a remake spread over 4 games (my guess as to the number of installments).

There are very few classics that would really require such a huge scale for a remake. Even if they remade FF6, it never really had that same sense of scale, where you get a realistic sense of how big the locations are, like Midgar. They could probably remake FF6 in a single game, even if it was a 60-80 hour affair.

Edited on by Dezzy

kkslider5552000

Literally the only remakes that would blow me away this much would be if Nintendo either:
1. Remade Majora's Mask as a BOTW style game, but even close to as dense with content as Majora's Mask or
2. Remade Mother 3 with high quality hand drawn 2d art and animation (while also expanding the story in positive ways)

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Bioshock Infinite Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

Ralizah

FF7 was always the Half Life 3 of remakes. Even now that it's officially out (although my copy doesn't arrive until next week; boo!), and even if it's only partial right now, I still can't believe this happened.

Edited on by Ralizah

Playing depressing games alone in my cold, dark room <3

Dezzy

OK, FF7 remake is nearly perfect. This is the best thing Square Enix have made for a long time. Better than both Dragon Quest 11 and Final Fantasy XV.

The only major negative is that the change in quality between the linear story-driven sections VS the open exploration side-quest sections, is insanely noticeable. If you like RPGs for that exploration, looting, character-building stuff (e.g FF12), then this is definitely not the game for you. If however, you like RPGs for the story and character side of things (e.g FF10), then this is pure joy. I haven't smiled, laughed, and cried at a game this much for a long time.

Luckily the story-driven linear stuff is like 70% of the game. The exploration stuff is the remaining 30%, and you can just skip through it if you want, so it doesn't really ruin the game at all.

Edited on by Dezzy

EvilLucario

My copy actually arrived today! The dates were crazy as hell, going from Tuesday to Sunday to just now. Crazy lmao.

Currently installing, 12 minutes left. Hopefully it's a good time.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

redd214

The game is just sublime! This is from someone who's never played a FF game, has no nostalgia for it, doesn't typically like Jrpgs, doesn't watch anime etc etc. I check none of the boxes but damn they made a stellar experience! Very few complaints about it they really did a great job.

Though I will add the game is kicking my ps4 pros ass lol. Haven't heard a fan this loud since the OG ps4. Really glad it's an issue they're apparently addressing on the ps5

Edited on by redd214

redd214

TuVictus

I think the game is causing my PS4 to double as a space heater. I have to crank the AC up a bit extra to balance it out lol. But the visuals are so detailed and stunning, so no surprise.

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic