Forums

Topic: The PlayStation 4 Fan Thread

Posts 12,301 to 12,320 of 12,470

Dezzy

A PC built for $500 is almost definitely going to be less powerful than the PS5, I would guess.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

linq

Dezzy wrote:

A PC built for $500 is almost definitely going to be less powerful than the PS5, I would guess.

More powerful but a PC can do much more than play games. But yeah $500 is better than $1500 for a high end gaming PC.

For me, games sell consoles. I didn't get a Switch just to have something more powerful than the 3DS. I got it because of all the great exclusives and ports. Same with the PS4. In a couple years the PS5 will have a price drop and there will be a larger selection of games by then.

linq

Dezzy

@linq

Sure, but that's partly a power issue.

Breath of the Wild wouldn't run on a 3DS. So you needed a more powerful console to play such an advanced game.

RR529

Recently started up Batman: Return to Arkham City.

Not too deep into it yet, but I will say it is fun zipping across the city via the grapple gun & gliding (much more freeing than Asylum was), though the atmosphere has noticeably taken a hit as a tradeoff (the area is obviously run down, but it's not nearly as oppressive/horrorish as Asylum).

Not sure which upgrades to obtain first though, as there's more on offer than Asylum, especially given you have to upgrade Catwoman as well.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

linq

So the free monthly games via PlayStation Plus; you get to download and keep them indefinitely, right?

linq

PikPi

Only for as long as you're a subscriber

PikPi

RR529

@linq, just to add, if you unsubscribe you lose access to your "free" games, but get that access back if you re-subscribe later.

So, if you let your subscription lapse or take a break, you don't have to worry about them being gone when you get it back up.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

linq

@RR529
That's good to know. I was actually wondering about that. It looks like they put some good games out for free. I don't play a lot of online multiplayer games but the service might be worth it for the freebies.

linq

NotTelevision

Anyone play Shenmue 3 yet? I did really like the first two games way back when, but I’m debating whether or not it’s worth the 60 bucks when there are so many games out there to play. I was hoping the new game expanded on the storyline more, but I heard it doesn’t move it forward at all.

It’s a shame Yu Suzuki couldn’t have wrapped the story up with 3. Seeing the conclusion to the series after 2’s awesome endgame cliffhanger, was my gaming pipe dream for so long. The fact that 3 sounds like it does little to satiate that desire has me disappointed.

NotTelevision

Anti-Matter

I'm waiting for PSN only games goes physical.
Interesting games should deserve for physical release.

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4 (96)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (95)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (91)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Dezzy

Weird to have it so close to the Game Awards. Do Sony not work with them at all?

redd214

@Octane that's sucks man, it's right in the morning for me @ 9AM, just as I'm getting to the office. Will be a nice way to start a workday

@Dezzy is a bit strange but Sony has definitely had a presence at the VGA before. Also remember they used to do PSX in December too so they've had events/presentations right near the vgas in the past.

Edited on by redd214

redd214

Grumblevolcano

@Dezzy Not much different from PSX and Game Awards being so close together in the past.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Octane

@redd214 Wait. In that case it's 3pm over here (that's why you use a 24-hour clock ). Doesn't really make a difference, but I can watch it after work.

Octane

linq

There's a lot of buzz about a new Crash Bandicoot game being announced. That would be awesome, if they can maintain the same high standards set by Naughty Dog in the original series.

For anyone else like me who is building up their Soulsborne collection; Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin is on sale for $9.99 and The Old Hunters DLC for Bloodborne is $7.99. Both deals are at the end of year sale in the playstation store. Praise the Sun!

linq

Sadist

Resident Evil 3 remake here we go!

Sadist

redd214

So that Bayonetta/Vanquish bundle rumor ended up being true. Coming out in February!

redd214

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic