Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 12,281 to 12,300 of 16,083

redd214

@Ninfan that is just a rumor at this point. All we know 100% is that it will support ps4 games.

redd214

Ninfan

@redd214 I suppose your right . There always cancelling stuff.😒

Ninfan

redd214

@Ninfan they aren't canceling anything since they have never actually announced that is would be backwards compatible with ps1 - Ps3 games. Like I said at this point in time it's a RUMOR.

redd214

Dezzy

I doubt it will be backwards compatible with the actual discs. As far as I'm aware, PS1 and PS2 discs were CD and DVD, so require different hardware to read them.

I'm not a hardware person at all though, so maybe I'm missing something. Maybe there's a type of disc reader that does all of them in one?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

EvilLucario

@Dezzy Blu-ray players can read DVDs and I'd assume CDs just fine. I was watching the OT Star Wars a few months ago with my PS4 a few months ago, and those were on DVDs and not Blu-ray.

In terms of BC, it'll be what's inside the actual PS4 hardware, not necessarily the discs if you ask me.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Octane

@Dezzy @EvilLucario Sony patented some kind of emulator a while ago. So maybe it will be able to emulate PS1/2(/3) hardware to run the games off the discs. That would be cool, since that means that you can play all the games from day one. But O haven't read into the details yet.

PS4 games can be run natively of course, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Octane

Dezzy

@EvilLucario

Didn't Sony have a special proprietary type of DVD for PS2 though? I don't think they're just regular DVDs, are they?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

BruceCM

Well, it does depend, @Dezzy .... Not just on the actual hardware, though! Certainly, some Blu-Ray players do play DVDs & CDs but it isn't guaranteed I'm not too sure if they did make 'special' DVDs for their games on PS2 but they certainly could include the ability to read discs from PS1, 2 & 3 easily enough
Hopefully, they can clarify exactly what they are planning before the PS5 comes out, anyway

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Anti-Matter

Btw, is it a tradition we got a leak of developer kit model before we get the official looking of PS machine ?
PS5 developer kit model looked very hideous with V shape and LetsGoDigital logo. 🀨

Anti-Matter

Maaryotyme

@Anti-Matter don’t worry we can put cute stickers all around the ps5 and colour it pink. It will look so beautiful and princessissy πŸ˜€

Edited on by Maaryotyme

Maaryotyme

Ralizah

I dunno. It's not as important, clearly, but it still commands a decent amount of attention. I get Sony not having a huge presence, but a video presentation, ala Nintendo, wouldn't hurt them.

redd214 wrote:

So y

What's up with the alt-right meme?

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Octane

Going to be an interesting year for PlayStation for sure. It's has been a while since we didn't know the games six months in advance.

@Ralizah Maybe they will do one soon after, or just before? Though really, I feel that these days a company can do it at any times. Though I hope it's going to be a little bigger than the current State of Play, but I have no doubt it will.

Octane

Octane

@Zuljaras Neat! I really liked both of those! I haven't gotten around to Shadow yet, but I think I will soon. It's not quite like a modern ''open world'', and it's not linear either. Like a weird combination of Zelda and Uncharted. I really like the formula. God of War did it as well.

Octane

Anti-Matter

My Holy Trinity PS4 games last year. πŸ˜„
Untitled
1. Dragon Quest Builders 2 (96/100)
2. The Sims 4 (95/100)
3. Portal Knights (90/100)

Anti-Matter

Octane

@Zuljaras I prefer it over the modern open world TBH. Just like the classic 3D Zelda. It's open world in the fact that you can go anywhere by the end of the game, but there are clear borders on the map so you're forced through narrow and more linear pathways. It's the best of both really.

Octane

Zuljaras

@Octane Yes from time to time I need such games that are more linear with heavy story elements. But sometimes I need something to get lost into and just explore without thinking about the main goal.

And sometimes I need something like Shovel Knight to get frustrated by my mistakes

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic