Forums

Topic: The PlayStation 4 Fan Thread

Posts 11,021 to 11,040 of 12,100

Dezzy

Octane wrote:

@Dezzy I'd try it for that price. I believe they're done with the DLC, at least, didn't they cancel everything? You never know, but I hope this is it for FFXV.

There was a big update yesterday, which was the final update for the Comrades DLC, and also added the FFXIV crossover DLC (which is just a short mission that's a trivial bit of fun with some cool bonuses).
Then the final update is the Ardyn DLC in March. As far as we know, that will be it. Nothing else after that.
The Royal Edition (PS4/Xbone) which is identical to the PC version of the game is probably the final retail version of the game though. That contains everything except for the Ardyn DLC, so they probably won't release a new retail version just for 1 added DLC.

It should also be pointed out for anyone who hasn't played the game at all, the Ardyn DLC will be intended to be played at the end of the main game, because it relies on spoilers that you only learn in the final chapter. So if you want to play FFXV for the first time, you don't need to wait til March to start. You can start in Jan/Feb and then just play the Ardyn DLC after you've finished.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Cobalt

The PS4 still a beast in the States... NPD results for November :

PS4 : 1470K
Switch : 1356K
XBONE : 1338K

Untitled

Cobalt

Anti-Matter

Cobalt wrote:

Untitled

Don't be too proud.
Switch will be on the TOP on year 2019.
Just matter of time.

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

CanisWolfred

@Octane Thronebreaker has been tempting me for a while now. $30 doesn't seem too bad for it, either, but I wound up spending the money on...physical card games.

@Ralizah Wait, since when did the webstore have a wishlist?! I'm gonna have to check it out, I'm getting getting eyestrain from sorting through these massive sales...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Octane

@CanisWolfred It's only like €23, at least over here. So that's even better. Have you played Gwent/The Witcher before?

Octane

Zuljaras

Anti-Matter wrote:

Cobalt wrote:

Untitled

Don't be too proud.
Switch will be on the TOP on year 2019.
Just matter of time.

I had hope that you will stop giving your worthless opinion where it is NOT needed after you returned from being banned.

Now I hope you continue the same way and get banned again but this time … permanently.

Zuljaras

diwdiws

@Zuljaras from where im standing whoever your commenting on said nothing objectionable. You mad brah?

diwdiws

Zuljaras

@diwdiws Every time someone posts statistics about other consoles and the Switch is not on top he states "how proud are people", "stupid r rated games" , "not enough girlie games" etc. And yes I am mad at this sick clown.

Zuljaras

PikPi

Just saw gameplay for a game called ChaosBane set in the 40k universe. That whole franchise has always seemed like something I would love and every game I see of it looks like it'd be tons of fun.

Vermintide and ChaosBane in particular are ones I have my eyes on.

PikPi

diwdiws

@PikPi not to be that kind of nerd but its from Warhammer: Age of Sigmar and not 40k hehehe peace

diwdiws

PikPi

@diwdiws That's my mistake, I should have just said Warhammer

PikPi

Ralizah

@CanisWolfred It's had a wishlist... basically forever. Navigating PSN is just so much nicer on a PC/phone.

@Cobalt I'd expect PS4 to be selling well, considering how many popular games released this year. What really surprises me is how close all three of them are. Especially Xbox. Sales really seem to be picking up for Microsoft.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

CanisWolfred

Octane wrote:

@CanisWolfred It's only like €23, at least over here. So that's even better. Have you played Gwent/The Witcher before?

No, I usually avoid mini-games in RPGs. Also, 20% off isn't enough when I just spent $40 on other games during the holiday sale, and $50 on Keyforge. I don't have any money left to spend on myself, so it's gonna be a while until I get around to it.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Octane

@CanisWolfred If you're interested. Gwent: The Witcher Card Game is free, and it comes with a short single player tutorial campaign. The cards and gameplay is the same as Thronebreaker, minus the story, RPG elements, overworld, etc.

Octane

Dezzy

How does Gwent even work as a standalone game? The main thing about it in Witcher 3 was that it was about building your deck throughout the game.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

CanisWolfred

Octane wrote:

@CanisWolfred If you're interested. Gwent: The Witcher Card Game is free, and it comes with a short single player tutorial campaign. The cards and gameplay is the same as Thronebreaker, minus the story, RPG elements, overworld, etc.

I'd only be interested in the singleplayer campaign. I'm done with competitive CCGs for the most part, but I've had a soft spot for video game adaptions with substantial singleplayer content ever since I was a kid. I grew up with Yu-Gi-Oh!, where card games were high-stakes games of survival, full of larger-than-life characters and enough cheese to dwarf the moon. Not to mention all the extensive lore in games like Might & Magic that really make it feel like every deck is giving you some insight into an entire magical world. Getting to take part in all that is a childhood fantasy come true.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

NEStalgia

@Ralizah @redd214 @Octane So, I did it, I ordered my replacement Pro! Not happy about spending the money. At all, but there it is. I did some testing last night and realized when the beeping starts: I was navigating the store to brows the week 1 sale, and it didn't beep once. I was there for half an hour or so. Then I started up a game (happens to be Knack 2 but it doesn't matter what game, it beeps with Deus Ex, Yakuza, Dark Cloud 2...doesn't really matter.) and after about a minute I could hear the plastic expanding from rising temperature....and about 3 minutes later, "beepbeeepbeeeep.......beebeebeebeebep....." It's either overheating and that's an undocumented warning, or it's not overheating and the thermal sensor for the overheating beeper is faulty and beeps at normal operating temps. But the room ain't going to get much colder than it is now..... So it's either just going to be annoying forever due to a faulty sensor, or it's going to burn itself out.

So, when I first asked you guys, I asked about if you think there will be a cooler running Slim Pro, or looking for good sales, or at least a limited edition KH3 model. I couldn't find a sale, and maybe there will be a Slim or not.....but I happened to check all the stores today as I do every day, and what came up on Gamestop was a KH3 limited edition! Boom. Snagged one! Not even sure they should be taking preorders. The page was there, then stopped showing up in search results. At first it wouldn't let me add to cart...and then it did. According to PR statements it wasn't supposed to be up for order until tomorrow. It's black, a plain, understated screen print. Perfect for me.

I didn't save any money, and, unfortunately, I already paid for the game digitally with the "Complete" edition in August, so the $60 savings of getting the game disc with it doesn't save me anything (and I'd have preferred it on X1 technically, now I have 2 copies for PS4 ), but I also didn't pay over MSRP for the console, and I get a game disc I can sell (I have the GameStop rewards pro now (really just got 1 year for the print magazine....a treat to myself since I used to enjoy it years ago...while print still exists...) so I get points for the console purchase, and double points for tradeins so I supose I can trade in the game as well.)

On the up-side ,these limited edition consoles can have absurd resale value. The GoW ones have gone for as high as $800 on Amazon for some unknown reason....I suppose worst case, I can sell it and buy two vanilla pros on a sale some other time

It's a preorder for the 1/29 of course...so I'll get it early Feb. I'm sure my Pro will endure the next 6-7 weeks....especially since Smash and LGPikachu will dominate my play for the next month....and I'm still working on TES:O and Nier on X1. At least for KH3 I'll have a working Pro (down side is I have to cram the consoles in the corner for next week so when I do get it I have to climb through furniture like a gymnast to get to it.)

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

Edit: Split out the new console and reply posts since it was just too solid a text wall otherwise

@Cobalt For 8th gen overall, I'd say 3DS has the best exclusives. WiiU was fun, but 3DS just kept the amazing games coming one after another to the point that both my WiiU and PS4 were often ignored for the first 4-5 years in favor of games I wanted to play that were on 3DS. And the thing is still getting them almost 8 years later! That little thing is a beast! But.....Switch easily won me over the same way PS4 won a lot of people early: It announced/hinted at games in the future that would be great. If we look at the fact that it has a lot of the "types" of games 3DS got on it or that are coming, plus some Western 3rd party, plus over half the WiiU's excellent library plus the catalog coming in 2019.....and that's just the first 2.5 years of the system(!).....it's pretty clear Switch is going to by the end of it's life be one of the most classic of classic systems, easily breezing past even 3DS. While I think this generation will end up mostly remembered for God of War (and RDR2) (even HZD gets ignored now ), sometimes those few "big" games get more attention than the dozen "almost as big" games on a Nintendo console.

I do disagree with a few WiiU/Switch points though:
"NEVER a new system had that flow of ports from the previous generation."
As a launch day PS4 owner.....I disagree....at least Switch gave me a bunch of great exclusives, and a year 2 timeline for a ton of other exclusives before the port dump. Year 1 PS4 didn't even have that courtesy. KZ: Shadowfall was.....not a reason to turn the system on....

"The price of everyhing related to the Switch :"
As a launch day Vita owner......I disagree..... I'm used to obscenely priced accessories. Ever try to buy a cable for the Vita? Heck the official stand for PS4 is like $55 in the US (because like with licensed controllers, Sony for some reason never licenses it's accessories for sale in the US, so it's all gray market....) It's a flat piece of plastic and a screw. You can get a cheaper screw in Vegas. Other vendors sell clones for $9.

Seriously though, Nintendo overpricing accessories is nothing new. When you compared the PS3 with it's obscene launch price, the X360 with it's obscene HDD prices, and Wii that was "cheap", by the time you add the controllers, Motion +'s accessories, etc to build a "complete" Wii as it was meant to be played, it was actually the most expensive 7th gen console. Overpriced accessories as a profit engine has been Nintendo's shtick for a long time now. They're very Apple-like with their pricing and business model.

OK, the $55 Pokeball is obscene, it's $5 less than a whole Pro controller for a one button Joycon, but TPC does what TPC does. Even by Nintendo standards they're thieves.

Still, you're looking at year 1.5 of a console. At year 1.5 my PS4 had like 30 run-hours on it and my Switch is probably going to start pushing the battery wear from over-use...120h on XC2 alone, and I dare not look at my Splatoon log..... By year 5 that Switch library is, IMO going to rival or surpass the PS4 library. When I look at my PS4 library, new 8th gen games, including remasters, but excluding "Classics" that are just emulators, I have probably 30 titles of the actual exclusives. I fully expect Switch will surpass that easily, just as 3DS did. Just looking at 2019....and that's just year year 1.5-2.5.....that's an impressive library (assuming no delays to 2020.)

@Octane The wishlist limits the games in the list though. I always find that annoying.

@CanisWolfred Err, it's been there a long time?

Also, at least someone else isn't into RPG mini-games. I died inside a little when the producer's responses to FFXIII backlash was "we heard that people expected more traditional RPG elements like side-quests and minigames so we are considering how to introduce those things in XIII-2." Minigames. Yes...that's what defines an RPG that was missing in XIII......

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic