Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 11,021 to 11,040 of 16,083

Octane

@Zuljaras PS1 > PS2 > PS3 > PS4
MIPS > MIPS > Cell > x86

Early PS3 models included a MIPS III CPU which allowed for BC in the PS3. I don't see any reason why they would go with anything other than x86, so it's safe to assume it will be BC with the PS4.

Octane

CanisWolfred

COD: Black-Ops IIII* has a free trial for their Battle Royale mode, Blackout. Considering I was tempted to play a Free-to-Play COD clone recently, their timing is perfect for me. Plus, the only Battle Royale game I've tried was PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds. Considering how popular the genre is at the moment (and how quickly it could fizzle out once something outcompetes the top 3 in popularity), I owe it to myself to see if something more polished could peak my interest.

Plus, it gives me something to do between KH sessions while I wait for Ace Combat 7 to arrive.

(*I still hate that they couldn't even do Roman numerals right. And don't tell me it's for "stylistic reasons" - there's a reason Roman numerals do the whole "subtract one from the prior instead of doing 4 slashes" thing - it's much easier to count at a glance, and I swear, I go cross-eyed every time I look at BLOP's new logo)

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

EvilLucario

@CanisWolfred Eh, I looked at it as deviating from Roman numerals to just using tally marks, which do have it like IIII for 4, with a diagonal slash through it for 5. It still looks stupid and terrible, but it's not incorrect at least.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

RR529

Continuing to work my way through DQXI. Looks like I'm about through the "Battleground" dungeon, where I'll hopefully obtain some holy ore.

Got paid this week so I might grab a couple things in the flash sale, but haven't decided yet. If I do I'll probably get Tearaway Unfolded, but I'm not sure about anything else (I've heard the LEGO games are pretty decent, and there's a lot of them on sale, so maybe one of those but I'm not sure).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Octane

@CanisWolfred @EvilLucario Like it or not, but ''IIII'' isn't as controversial as you may think it is, nor is it necessarily ''wrong''. The original Roman system used ''IIII'', as it was basically a tallying system; 5 was V, and 6 was VI, up to 9, which was actually VIIII, 10 is X and repeat. The subtractive notation is a later invention, because it's a bit easier to read (it can be a bit hard to tell III and IIII apart on the fly for example). However, the subtractive notation didn't completely replace the original system either. Some clock towers still prefer IIII, because it's supposedly more symmetrical with VIII, 8. If you've ever been to Rome for example, you can see some of the old architecture use IIII in favour of IV; for example, the gates on the Colosseum used IIII as well.

Octane

CanisWolfred

@Octane I'm well aware it was a later innovation, thanks to a handful of substitute teachers who spouted more wisdom in a day than entire textbooks. Didn't know there were clocktowers in Rome that didn't use the subtractive method, though. I know that's just stylistic and it's impossible to mistake 3 for 4 when you really only need to pay attention to the clock hands, it's still a bit odd.

Although, from what I've played of the trial, I think I can safely say I won't be giving the game a second look regardless. Blackout just does not feel like something I could ever get into casually, and with a free alternative to the standard multiplayer modes, and no singleplayer mode...I have zero reason to ever touch CoD again.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

RR529

Think I may be in the final dungeon in DQXI (There are a couple locations I don't have access to yet, but they could be post game). Worked partway through it, then I went back to the save spot at the beggining and called it a session (I'd opened up a few shortcuts along the way, so I assume they'll still be open).

I've been enjoying it, but as I've been at it for about a month now I'm looking forward to the prospect of jumping into something else, preferably shorter in length, soon.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Octane

The Dreams beta feels like an out of season April Fool's joke. I signed up in January, but I didn't get one during the initial waves. Then they told us they were going to extend the beta and everyone would get in. No code on Friday, but I would get it on Monday, right? Guess what, still no code. And going by the replies on their Twitter, I'm not alone.

Octane

redd214

Been playing a lot of Ace Combat 7 last couple days and man is it awesome! Great return to form for the series, very well designed game and getting AC5 for free was a great bonus as well. The VR missions made my extremely nauseous but the experience is pretty cool. Sprung for the bundle with the flight stick and it totally changes the game. Highly recommend if anyone is interested in flight sims!

redd214

RR529

Finished up the main story in Dragon Quest XI this morning. While I will poke around in post game, in the meantime I started up Unravel just for something a bit different (I don't play too many puzzle platformers, but so far it's giving me the same kind of vibes as Night Sky, a game I used to play annually on 3DS, so it's definitely off to a great first impression). It's absolutely gorgeous to boot.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

EvilLucario

Capcom's on a roll lately. Barring MvC Infinite, they're putting out consistent quality since 2017.

I probably won't get REmake 2 (if I do, it'll be on PC), but good on Capcom.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Dezzy

I'll take the opportunity to reiterate that Revelations 2 is also excellent, a lot of people seemed to miss that one. It was massively underrated imo.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

TuVictus

The co op of Revelations 2 was my favorite part about it

TuVictus

Ralizah

I still blows my mind that Revelations 1 was a 3DS game.

I've had Revelations 2 in my PS4 backlog for years and never gotten around to it. Now, with REmake 2 on the way, it'll likely be even longer before I get into it.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

redd214

Hopefully we can get a Dino Crisis remaster eventually, always loved those games!

redd214

Octane

RE2 surely looks good. Too bad it's not for me!

Octane

TuVictus

Went on Youtube and saw the KH3 version of Dearly Beloved. After so many years of fans making up their own videos of what they thought the theme would be like while waiting for the third game, I had to spend a minute making sure it was the official OST and not a fan-made piece, lol

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic