Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 11,001 to 11,020 of 16,083

Ralizah

So, this game looks and plays AWESOME. I was so impressed with the demo (on PC, but I can't imagine it's too much different on PS4 other than a bit less visual detail and maybe a lower framerate on the base model). The in-game map is really useful. The limited inventory space is a bit jarring, but this is a survival horror game, which means knowing which supplies to prioritize is essential. This plays a lot like RE4, but the more action-y combat is balanced out by some incredibly aggressive enemies, so it's still feels scary and intense and less like I'm shooting fish in a barrel. It seems like Capcom has finally found out how to harmonize the action-gameplay of later entries with the atmosphere, puzzles, and sense of vulnerability in earlier entries. The incredible lighting and sound design go a long way toward establishing the really horrifying atmosphere of the game.

If the entire game is this good, it'll be an easy GOTY contender for me.

Oh, and the gore effects are incredible, both in the cutscenes and in terms of how your weapons damage the enemies. At one point, I shot at an enemy, and his arm fell off. A close range shotgun blast also blew off the top half of a zombie's head. It's gruesome, and I love it for that.

@EvilLucario I mean, it's a TPS. I'd only ever play this with a controller. I synced up my DS4 with the PC and it controlled beautifully, but you should have similarly good results from Xbone or Switch Pro controllers.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Dezzy

Ralizah wrote:

The limited inventory space is a bit jarring, but this is a survival horror game, which means knowing which supplies to prioritize is essential.

As with most RE games, you can expand it. You can find an expansion for it during the demo if you get far enough.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

EvilLucario

@Ralizah I'm more referring to menu and inventory management where it doesn't quite feel right. With shooting, I much prefer mouse + keyboard or gyro (which I know you can setup with the DS4 and Switch Pro Controller, just haven't set it up yet) over sticks so I tried it on PC first.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Ralizah

@EvilLucario If the demo wasn't only a half hour long, I would have set up gyro aiming on the DS4. Also, I'll need to tweak some settings to eliminate screen-tearing.

Overall, this seems like a pretty solid PC port so far. I was able to boost my framerate to 60fps by dialing down or turning off some of the visual effects. Their impact on the game as a visual experience is far less dramatic than an increase in framerate.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

EvilLucario

@Ralizah Damn, I didn't check my framerate during the demo. I turned it up pretty high at 1080p so I'm not sure if I was hitting 144fps. Most likely I was at ~70-90fps, but still it does look beautiful.

Speaking of screen tearing, I so can't wait for the 15th so Nvidia can support my Freesync monitor with G-sync so I can completely destroy screen tearing lol.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Dezzy

I wonder what the PS4/Xbox difference is on RE2. I played it on Xbox. It looked good but seemed a bit fuzzy. I think maybe it was less than 1080p.

RR529

Decided to plonk down another $25 PSN code in before the sale ends, and got:

• Tales of Zestiria for $14.99
  • Knack for $3.99
  • Journey Collectors Edition (also has Flower & Flow) for $4.99

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

CanisWolfred

I wasn't sure whether or not to post about War Tech here or on the Switch sub-forum, but then I thought about how I'd feel spewing hot plasma all over my enemies from my oversized mecha's cannon while in cockpit view, and I realized it probably would be inappropriate for me to play this game in a public setting. Needless to say, I'll be getting the PS4 version so I can enjoy it from the comfort and privacy of my own home.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

WebHead

Is PS5 ain't coming till fall 2020 I would be down for a PS4 Pro Slim revision.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

WebHead

@CanisWolfred I am not expecitng it because I expect 5 to release in March and for pro to be discontinued next year.

Edited on by WebHead

WebHead

Dezzy

WebHead wrote:

Is PS5 ain't coming till fall 2020 I would be down for a PS4 Pro Slim revision.

Why would anyone spend money buying a new console iteration a year before the next console?
That makes no financial sense at all. Especially given that we've repeatedly heard claims that the next consoles will both be backcompat (which I'm inclined to believe is true).
Bear in mind that for market reasons, the new consoles won't cost that much more than the new PS4/Xbox iterations (because they wouldn't sell enough to get the necessary early install base momentum)

Edited on by Dezzy

FragRed

@WebHead Why would Sony discontinue the PS4 Pro just because a new console is released?

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

WebHead

@Dezzy not everyone buys new systems day 1?

WebHead

WebHead

@FragRed if 5 ends up being $400 what purpose does the pro serve?

WebHead

Zuljaras

@WebHead Well it will be at least 4 years after the release of the pro. The Pro released in 2016 and IF PS5 release in 2020 it will be ok. The Pro will probably be around 250$ after the release of PS5 and will not be manufactured anymore. The lower price will help for the remaining Pros to be sold faster.

WebHead

@Zuljaras thats my point. If PS5 is $400 with BC than the Pro is no longer needed. Its served its purpose.

WebHead

Zuljaras

@WebHead Yes. But I doubt that the PS5 will be BC and still cost 400$. Sony does not care about BC anymore not since the first (AND BEST) model of the PS3 that had the chip of PS2 in it.

They prefer to port remasters of the best selling games on the new system for profit.

We can see that with God of War 3, The Last of Us, Uncharted etc.

Dezzy

@WebHead

Of course. But a fairly small number will buy a new 8th gen console after the 9th gen one is released, especially if the new one is backwards compatible.

WebHead

@Zuljaras they will care if they dont wanna lose ps plus subscribers. Plus the reason there wasnt bc is because of vastly different architecture and the jaguar CPU isnt strong enough to force emulate. There is zero reason PS5 cannot have BC. And I am confident it will.

WebHead

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic