Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 10,201 to 10,220 of 16,083

Cobalt

Really interesting deal, 10€ for 7 games or 13€ for 11 games.

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/thq-nordic-playstation-bun...

Pay $1 or More

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams – Director’s Cut (PS4)
Lock’s Quest (PS4)

Pay More than the Average

Black Mirror (PS4)
Destroy All Humans! 2 (PS2 on PS4)
The Dwarves (PS4)
Red Faction II (PS2 on PS4)
This is the Police (PS4)

Pay $15 or More

Battle Chasers: Nightwar (PS4)
Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (PS4)
Sine Mora EX (PS4)
Titan Quest (PS4)

Cobalt

BrainOfGrimlock

Yep, not for me that there classic, not at that price with that selection - it's not covered in delicious nostalgia but you can get a year of game price for less than that and far more of the games will be decent/playable.

The one game I'd have bought it for - and realistically I didn't think it had a cat in hecks chance of making it on - was Chrono Cross, purely because it's such a pain in the bottom to buy legit/without creating extra accounts anywhere that isn't Japan/US.

BrainOfGrimlock

FragRed

@GrailUK Of course they don't. These are the same people who questioned why anyone would want to play old games after seeing people playing Gran Tourismo on an original PlayStation. They just saw big bucks because of the Nintendo Classic Minis and jumped on the bandwagon.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

redd214

@Cobalt looks really good! I remember playing the first level over and over on one of those ps1 demo discs. Can't wait to see more of it!

redd214

Octane

...sooo where's the second game? Yeah, zero credibility

Octane

Octane

@Tsurii Eh, there was a user claiming he had a bunch of leaks, one of them was Medievil being a collection, along with a fake box art of the collection; but also PS5 confirmed for 2019, etc. Now I've got a good reason to doubt all of it!

Octane

Grumblevolcano

@Octane Also to doubt the general November Direct rumour, not that Nintendo needs a Direct this year after tomorrow anyway. The September Direct was good enough for future announcements that Nintendo having an "only Smash" mindset for the rest of the year is ok.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NEStalgia

I tried out The Order 1886 for the first time. I'm not into creepy/horror, but it was like $5 in January. It's actually way better than I thought! The gunplay is kind of The Division/Gears of War good, which I didn't expect after all the criticisms. And it's incredibly pretty. OTOH once they threw me in the dark with the werewolf things, I couldn't see what was going on and the gunplay fell apart with "shoot shadow, X to dodge, shoot shadow again down the same pathing. And since wolves are the main enemy....

@Ralizah I really didn't realize Nier was such a Souls clone, right down to retrieve your corpse or lose everything. That explains the horror of "do the first hour plus boss or restart from the title screen." Does the game maintain Souls level of punishment/difficulty throughout?

I'm otherwise really liking it so far, delving a little more into the real world. I have mixed feelings about the somber, depressing tone of the whole thing, and yet there's an odd relaxing about it as well.

NEStalgia

Ralizah

@NEStalgia It's not a Souls clone. The body retrieval mechanic is pretty much the only thing that's similar.

Also, I didn't find it to be a terribly difficult game, so I can't comment on that. You could always turn down the difficulty. Although once you gain access to more chips, you can pretty much make it where you're always recovering health, so I'd say you should probably hold off on that.

See, while there is a level of somberness to the game, there's also a lot of black humor, which I really appreciated. Too many games take themselves too seriously. The character interactions between 2B and her operator are also very cute.

During the first half of the game, anyway. Calling the second half of the game "depressing" would be a bit of an understatement.

(Not much of a spoiler, but some people can be sensitive to knowing ANYTHING about the rest of a game)

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

NEStalgia

@Ralizah Not that I entirely mind souls clones, I'm starting to really get addicted to DS1 (yet hate Bloodborne and Hollow Knight, oddly.) It was just unexpected.

I haven't found anything difficult yet, but I'm barely into it, except for that first boss. The stupid saw blades butcher me, and that leaves me pretty weak for the boss. I do cheese that guy on easy mode now. I'm not restarting that whole thing again But I put it back to normal right after (I don't do hard mode unless a game really beckons me to replay like Ratchet & Clank, Quake, or Diablo. Maybe Starlink.)

Yeah, I figured that about the eventual tone of the game, and just baked it into my first half estimates I still generally dislike that feel in games, and on paper shouldn't like Nier, but I do

NEStalgia

Ralizah

@NEStalgia Heh. I don't like Souls games, but I quite enjoyed Hollow Knight. Funny how that works.

DS1 > Bloodborne for sure, though.

I generally tend to default to hard mode for most games. Nier: Automata is a bit too hard on hard mode, though, so I went back to normal, and it feels like the ideal difficulty setting for the game.

Have you ever watched Shin Seiki Evangelion? The tonal shift in NieR reminds me a lot of that.

Ralizah

@Dezzy Cool, I didn't know Legolas was in this.

Hopefully they show Geralt soon.

TuVictus

As someone that hasn't played any of the games, I'm eager to see Henry Cavill's work on this

TuVictus

Dezzy

PikPi wrote:

As someone that hasn't played any of the games, I'm eager to see Henry Cavill's work on this

Lol replace "As" at the beginning of that sentence with "Because I'm"

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Ralizah

I haven't even played TW3 and I can tell he's not a good fit. Just on a visual level.

He also doesn't exude the sense of toughness and masculinity that an actor playing Geralt probably needs.

NEStalgia

@Ralizah Yeah, I didn't think I'd like Souls, but I do find DS1 (and 3) addictive in a weird way. Not sure why. It should be frustrating but they seem to put checkpoints at good locations in ways that prevent excess frustration. Especially 3. It has that MH-like addictiveness of "I'll give it one more try, I"m sure I'll get it this time!". Hollow Knight just enrages me to no end. The very first boss turned me off. having to backtrack all that way to get back just to die again. It frustrates me in a way DS doesn't. Backtracking is THE game killer for me. Nothing enrages me more than having to redo things I already did. DS makes me do it but there's seldom much to redo.

Bloodborne OTOH......endless redoing of things, boring as all heck fighting, mob encounters. I like absolutely nothing about that game other than the pretty world detailing.

I have high hopes for Sekiro though. Hopefully not misplaced.

Hah, if normal feels "right" for someone who always plays on hard, that doesn't sound like a good time. So far it doesn't seem that bad, but that's worrying. "Hard" is virtually infuriating and almost never fun on a first play-through to me. I only enjoy hard on subsequent playthroughs of addictive games. Second time through normal seems too easy. I maxed out R&C and it still wasn't hard enough for me, which is rare for me. I ignore "post-game" challenges in almost all games though. "Optional bosses"....why would I do optional versions of things that are miserable the first time? I do hate boss battles in games. Always have. Which is weird that I like MH then.

I'm apprehensive how miserable the tonal shift becomes later though I don't like immersing in misery more than necessary. I'm waiting to play FFXV for the "happy" DLC

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@Ralizah OTOH, it's impossible to get a more depressing game than Torna where even the name tells you just how bleak that turns out if you've as much as seen a trailer for XC2.

NEStalgia

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic