Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 10,181 to 10,200 of 16,083

redd214

@Cobalt yeah definitely some good games in there but some have aged really really bad. Syphon Filter was great back then but man looks ROUGH! Going to keep my preorder but nothing on there is an absolute must play again for me. Probably end up selling it.

redd214

NEStalgia

@Tsurii Hmm....I think I would have taken chess more seriously as a kid if it involved large poisonous dragons and 7 foot long swords.

I've always been content with low rank in MH. That alone is a challenge. That said I haven't gone too far into World, so my baseline is on Tri/3HU/and 4. World does feel a little....action-y which isn't a bad thing. World also got me into playing with and enjoying the ranged weapons. I never touched a gunlance, bow, or gunbow before, but I like the bows and gunbows in World, and gunlance is becoming a fav of mine. I was all Switch axe, charge blade, and dual blade before.

@Octane You mean to tell me that in 7 years Rockstar spent the time and resources to accurately animate the tiny details of a horse's testicles in changing temperatures, but they could not figure out how to make a working dialog/interaction system that doesn't tell me a hanging victim and a sheriff's deputy are cats, or have me pulling guns on random pedestrians when I try to talk to them, because "aim to talk/interact" and "aim gun" are the same button and interacting apparently has x-ray vision through wood, and they couldn't figure out that pressing triangle to pick up your hat, but holding square to pick up your gun makes no sense. But they can spend time and resources on proper animations for equine genitalia.

And i was amazed when my horse pooped....

AAA gaming in 2018, ladies and gents.

NEStalgia

redd214

@Cobalt haha, zero chance of me doing that but that's pretty neat!

redd214

NintendoPete

Just watched the reveal trailer and immediately canceled the pre-order. Never been a Playstation guy but if it had Megaman Legends or CastleVania I probably would have gotten it

NintendoPete

Cobalt

Wow, I totally forgot this one...

2018/2019 on PS4, it's just incredible... Games, games, games, games...

Cobalt

NEStalgia

I'm convinced they don't want the Mini interfering with sales of remastered/rereleased games on PS4 which is most of the good ones. Really poor proposition though.

NEStalgia

GrailUK

Imagine if they sold memory cards with extra games on them!

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Octane

@NEStalgia Yeah, no Crash, Spyro, Parappa, etc. Still, no WipeOut, Chrono Cross or Tomb Raider is a bit weird. Silent Hill. Realistically they need at least 30 games to satisfy everyone. Is 30 old games for $100 too unthinkable? Or is it a bare minimum these mini systems are aiming for?

@GrailUK At Vita prices

Octane

GrailUK

@Octane Ker-ching!

Grumblevolcano

@Octane It would be cool if a Tomb Raider collection happened for PS4/XB1/PC (Square said no to Tomb Raider on Switch sadly). Tomb Raider Collection 1 having 1, 2 and 3 while Collection 2 has The Last Revelation, Chronicles and Angel of Darkness (Angel of Darkness isn't particularly good but it's better than Mega Man X7 at least ).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

FragRed

@Octane The way the games were revealed with only 5 initially and then the remaining 15 all in one go makes me wonder if a lot of the planned games fell through and they went for plan B which is why some of the games you would have expected didn't make the cut.

However, saying that there are a lot of first party games that are oddly missing and I don't mean games with licensed music or that required dual shock controls. I do think that the problem with many developers and publishers of the time having disappeared in the years since the PS1 may well of coursed problems too.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Malcrash

I’ll probably buy the Playstation Classic the same as the SNES Mini: Although you can get the games at a lower price on their storefronts, the authenticity is what gets me

Malcrash

Twitter:

Cobalt

Rockstar Games is proud to announce that the critically acclaimed Red Dead Redemption II has achieved
the most important launch weekend in the history of entertainment. With more than 725 million
dollars in retail sales worldwide during its first three days.

Red Dead Redemption II is the second most important entertainment launch of all
time, after the previous title of Rockstar Games, Grand Theft Auto V, which reminds
had generated over a billion in retail sales in three days.

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181030005459/en/

Edited on by Cobalt

Cobalt

Dezzy

Octane wrote:

@NEStalgia Yeah, no Crash, Spyro, Parappa, etc. Still, no WipeOut, Chrono Cross or Tomb Raider is a bit weird.

Crash and Spyro are obviously because they want people to buy the remakes.
Chrono Cross was never even released in Europe, so would have a reduced appeal.
A more likely candidate would surely be Legend of Dragoon. That was released worldwide AND was published by Sony.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Octane

@Dezzy Yeah, I figured. Still, it's weird to see a ''PS1 Classic'' without the classic games because they decided to make some remasters. FF7 is on there and Square is making FF7 remake, well, just kidding of course, I'm not sure what they are doing, but you get my point.

Octane

Malcrash

@ReaderRagfish I felt Rayman is a well deserved Playstation classic. To this day, as a launch title for the thing, it still holds up very well and felt it deserved it's spot. I can understand some omissions on the list but for others that are filler (Destruction Derby) to leaving out sequels that are superior to the originals (Resident Evil, Twisted Metal) and also adding in Intelligent Qube as the wildcard of the bunch is getting a whole lot of mixed opinions. At least the obvious, which are Tekken 3, Final Fantasy VII and Metal Gear Solid, are on there but I'm 50/50 on the console and it's $100 price tag.

Malcrash

Twitter:

GrailUK

@ReaderRagfish Now THAT has classic nostalgia written all over it. Well done. You did a better job than Sony (albeit you didn't have licensing hoops to jump through and remakes to compete against)

GrailUK

Whoa Rayman is on the classic!?! THE Rayman? The iconic Atari Jaguar Rayman? Lol. Seriously I don't think Sony know how to retro.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic