Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 10,161 to 10,180 of 16,083

diwdiws

@Dezzy from DFs analysis:

“There are no such differences that we could spot with the sequel. Environments are equally as lush on all platforms, rendering effects are almost a complete match, while draw distances and pop-in are just as solid regardless of the machine you play it on.”

“there's platform parity in terms of the vast majority of the rendering features, with no noticeable omissions on the base machines, which are divided only by resolution.”

diwdiws

diwdiws

@Dezzy regarding textures:

“there's texture quality too. Install sizes are identical between standard and 4K machines (106GB on Xbox One, 98GB on PS4) but the more powerful consoles deploy higher resolution textures, mostly noticeable in characters and clothing. Curiously though, there isn't a dramatic improvement in general quality terms - on both base and enhanced systems, the art sits well within the intended resolution 'canvas' of each system.”

diwdiws

Peach64

RDR2 keeps on blowing my mind. It feels more like a living world than anything I've played before. There's so much great stuff going on that you'll only ever discover from wandering off an exploring. I'm not a particularly big fan of the Wild West genre but I'm completely hooked.

Peach64

Cobalt

@Matthew010

Yep, this is Red Dead 2 !

@Anti-Matter

I thought that you liked when the testosterone trickles everywhere on a screen... LOL

@Dezzy

PS4 Pro for me but it looks gorgeous on standard PS4 too...

Cobalt

redd214

Finally revealed all 20 games for the ps1 classic!

Grand theft auto
Battle Arena Toshinden
Ridge racer type 4
Mr Driller
Metal Gear Solid
Twisted Metal
Oddworld Abes Odyssey
Syphon Filter
Rayman
Tekken 3
Rainbow Six
Wild Arms
Jumping Flash
Cool Boarders 2
FF7
Destruction Derby
Revelations Persona
Super Puzzle Fighter 2 turbo
Intelligent Qube
Resident Evil

Decent list, tons missing obviously but a couple surprises in there

Edited on by redd214

redd214

TuVictus

Is Monster Hunter known for making so many of its mechanics so obtuse? Because Monster Hunter World has frustrated me with some of the more weird design decisions, like only being able to swap out items from the chest if you're in the tent, but you can take out items from a chest out in the world, or how you can't invite a friend directly into your expedition game, you need to first complete a random side quest so you can pick the "return to camp" option at the end.

Oh and how they tell you over and over to play with friends and other people and then the story missions are gated from multiplayer because of a cutscene that plays halfway though the mission. Which you can then restart with your friends, if you want to go through it again.

But other than that, it's pretty fun. I still have almost 0 clue how to properly fight/control my character, and there's sooooo much info and pop ups and dialogue popping up all over your screen at all times, it can be a bit overwhelming for a typically more Western-oriented type of gamer (I'm a dumb dumb that finds the multi tasking intimidating), especially with all the different currencies and item management.

That said, it's very satisfying to take down even the small monsters, so I can only imagine it'll just get more and more epic as I progress through the story.

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

Octane

@redd214 Seems like all the PS4 remasters didn't make the cut; Spyro, Crash, Parappa, etc. No Chrono Cross, Silent Hill or GT. Oh well, with a list of only 20 games, you kinda have to exclude a couple of good games.

@PikPi Imagine playing any of the previous installments

And people are saying World is the ''dumbed down'' westernised version of MH. I've played Tri on the Wii and the Wii U, and although World makes things a little easier, it can still be incredibly convoluted. I'm not sure why, as I'm certain the menus can be displayed in a more logical way. There has to be a way to make it more manageable without altering the gameplay itself. I can manage the gameplay itself, but the mechanics and menus can be very overwhelming indeed. I recently tried getting into it again after a long break, it was pretty difficult.

Octane

TuVictus

@Octane Haha, it's really sad because I had similar issues with the more convoluted nature of the games when I tried it on Wii and like 3 times on 3DS. I figured World being the "dumbed down" version, it'd be perfect for me I guess it's part of the charm that people fall in love with, but I just can't help but think of how easy it would be to streamline so many of the things. Though I could just be a below average dumb dumb

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

Dezzy

Only 20 games for a PS1 is silly. You can condense NES and SNES into 20 great games. But the PS1 just had so many more games. It needed to be 40 games.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Anti-Matter

I don't even need PlayStation Classic at all.
Because these are my Top 22 PS1 games in no particular order :
1. Dance Dance Revolution 3rd Mix
2. Dance Dance Revolution 4th Mix
3. Dance Dance Revolution 5th Mix
4. Dance Dance Revolution Extra Mix
5. Dance Dance Revolution Konamix
6. Dance Dance Revolution Disney Mix
7. Dance Dance Revolution Best Hits
8. Final Fantasy VIII
9. Final Fantasy IX
10. Final Fantasy Tactics
11. Punky Skunk
12. Hello Kitty Cube Frenzy
13. Magical Drop III
14. Magical Tetris feat. Disney
15. Pocket Fighter
16. X-Men vs Street Fighter
17. Bishi Bashi Special 2
18. Wheel of Fortune
19. Chocobo Racing
20. Chocobo Mystery Dungeon 2
21. Puzzle Bobble 3DX
22. Saiyuki: Journey to the West

And i just need my PS2 Slim to play those games (Of course i need TWO PS2 Slim. One is Japan version, one is USA version)

Anti-Matter

GrailUK

I'm cancelling my pre-order. Don't get me wrong, that list has some great games, but they are not iconic PS1 games. I appreciate their strategy of licensing to appeal to the mass market kinda bites them in the ass for retro, so no Tony Hawks, or Gran Turismo, but even so, this list is way off. If Sony really omitted games like Crash and Spyro because it might eat sales of the current gen versions, then why bother making a retro console. Nintendo made their classics as separate ways to play (hence not anticipating demand). Castlevania should have been on, but they release it for PS4. It's just not on point. Gah, frustrated, I was so looking forward to this.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Anti-Matter

@diwdiws
Those are my TOP 22 PS1 games, both in Japan & USA.
Maybe you still unfamiliar with some titles i played but they are really PS1 games.

Anti-Matter

Ralizah

That's kind of a weird, random list of games.

Oh well. Maybe this will get more people to experience Intelligent Qube, which is very much a hidden gem of the library.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

1UP_MARIO

It’s a PlayStation classic. No one would be happy with 20 games, it has a massive great library that it needs 50.

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

GrailUK

@1UP_MARIO It was doomed from the start without Tomb Raider, Tony Hawks, Fifa and Call of Duty.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Cobalt

@redd214

I'm gonna buy it because :

Ridge racer type 4
Mr Driller
Metal Gear Solid
Syphon Filter
Rayman
Tekken 3
Wild Arms
Cool Boarders 2
FF7
Revelations Persona
Super Puzzle Fighter 2 turbo
Intelligent Qube

That's more than enough for me to buy it !

Cobalt

NEStalgia

@CanisWolfred On one hand I'd prod you saying RDR is just such a great "travel to the past" experience. OTOH I envy you not having to put up with the terrible controls.

@PikPi Yeah, Monster Hunter is its own thing. Knowledge from other games (except maybe Dark Souls) doesn't really apply. It does its own thing its own way, it's obtuse, yet you can fall into a groove once you understand how their mindset of systems work. The multiplayer is just weird. IIRC it forces you online unless you specifically tell it not, to, but messes up the actual playing online. But yeah, it's....it's like a fighting game with tons of combos and chains, but with all kinds of convoluted systems atop it. It's not a game as much as a lifestyle. It's cool though once you get the swing of it.

NEStalgia

Octane

@NEStalgia I just watched a video of a horse's balls shrinking in RDR2 as it entered a colder area... I've seen everything I think...

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic