Forums

Topic: Nintendo Life Playstation 3 Fan Thread

Posts 3,701 to 3,720 of 9,896

y2josh

@Stuff: Lame. I'm glad i wasnt far in the games I had started recently. Trophies are saved to the profile aint they?

y2josh

Slapshot

@waltz... I downloaded mubi myself, but I didnt notice a fee to use. Twenty a month is really high considering all the movies are on Netflix at half the price. Unless Im missing something and the movies in fact arent available there. I know looking through them tonight there are several movies I adore on there as Im a fan of the original Psycho, The Rear Window, Blade Runner etc.

Edited on by Slapshot

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Bankai

slapshot82 wrote:

@waltz... I downloaded mubi myself, but I didnt notice a fee to use. Twenty a month is really high considering all the movies are on Netflix at half the price. Unless Im missing something and the movies in fact arent available there. I know looking through them tonight there are several movies I adore on there as Im a fan of the original Psycho, The Rear Window, Blade Runner etc.

You can buy individual films on Mubi for $7/ watch. $20 is unlimited films per month.

Firstly, we don't have Netflix here. But more importantly, I stuggle to imagine Netflicks has the 1903 version of Alice in Wonderland on its service. Mubi is not there for mainstream films, it's there for the really obscure stuff. For $20/ month, that's a pretty good deal imo.

There's a couple of Iranian films on Mubi... I'm betting Netflix doesn't have those?

The local Mubi service doesn't have things like Psycho, Blade Runner etc etc.

What it does have though is the Killing Fields... one of the most impactful movies I've ever seen. I need to watch that again

Edited on by Bankai

Slapshot

@Waltz.... we don't have Mubi here in the states I downloaded it off of my European account, but I saw the original Psycho Hitchcock film on there. Seven Samurai is also on there and that is an amazing film as well. The ability to purchase is great and Im guessing the films have had some sort of digital upgrade as well as it looks fantastic. Netflix does indeed offer some very obscure foreign films from about any region as well as you and can rent dang near any film you can think up, its a fantastic service as well. Maybe one day your area will acquire it as I highly recommend it myself.

Mubi though is something special I can see, as from what I tell from the movies I sorted through. I'm not willing to pay for the service as Ive already gotten Netflix but access to it, even if limited seems to be pretty great. I'll find a movie on there to watch this weekend for sure. Most likely I'm going to have to check out Killing Fields as I'm thinking Ive never seen it. Any more recommendations? I'm hoping a remastered version of Casablanca is on there, such a great classic, but it's American, don't know if it will be on there.

The more services available through PSN the better the service of PSN itself becomes.

Edited on by Slapshot

Kid_A

A: A new trailer for L.A. Noir! It's Rockstar's latest title and one of my most anticipated games:

B: I bought Red Dead Redemption today. So far, so incredible. Riding around the huge world is mezmorising, even if the voice acting is a tad crappy.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Stuffgamer1

@josh: Yes, provided you sync your Trophies regularly. Anything that's been properly synced is safe, but anything you earned without syncing before the system died is gone.

I was going to chime in about exchange rates between Australian and American dollars, but then I double-checked and found out that $20 AU now equals $19.93 US. YEOUCH! That makes the cost of games in Australia look far worse than I'd previously thought.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

Slapshot

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

@josh: Yes, provided you sync your Trophies regularly. Anything that's been properly synced is safe, but anything you earned without syncing before the system died is gone.

Not true apparently, because Anarchy: Rush Hour, I played it on my gaming PS3 that I sold where it was all originally synced up. I downloaded it to my second PS3 for play whenever I'm in the living room and got a few trophies there and of course as always synced up. Then when I got my new PS3 and downloaded Anarchy again.... BAM no trophies! It took syncing back up the old PS3 to regain my trophies again.

Oh, my wife got me Black Ops today FREE because she bought Christmas presents and got a $50 gift card and also picked up The Fight as well.

Edited on by Slapshot

Kid_A

WaltzElf wrote:

A: A new trailer for L.A. Noir! It's Rockstar's latest title and one of my most anticipated games:

It's not Rockstar's. It's Team Bondi's. Rockstar is just publishing.

Let's not minimalize the awesomeness of this game.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Supermarioman

Well considering I just bought Fallout 3: GOTY Edition and I'm still playing New Vegas, I don't think that anyone is going to see me for a while, goodbye life, HELLO APOCALYPSE!

Supermarioman

Stuffgamer1

@Slappy: I can't speak for your unusual problems...I just know I didn't lose any Trophies from my YLOD, which is what josh is dealing with here, in case you hadn't noticed. And I did notice that the phenomenon got a lot more attention when it happened to me a couple of weeks ago than to josh just now...very strange.

Got Plat on Sly 1 already tonight...it's absurdly straightforward. Matter of fact, my save file's still only at 83%, because the time trials aren't necessary for any Trophies at all. Which is just fine with me, 'cause those time trials are pure evil. I pulled them off on the PS2 years ago, but they're absurdly hard, and I don't really plan to bother again. On to Sly 2!

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

y2josh

I'm cool with people looking over my posts I'm used to it actually, lol

I will be PS3less for at least a month and a half. But I'll still be popping my head in here to see whats going down PS3 wise.

Edited on by y2josh

y2josh

CanisWolfred

y2josh wrote:

I will be PS3less for at least a month and a half. But I'll still be popping my head in here to see whats going down PS3 wise.

I read his posts, I just rarely have anything to say about them. Plus the point was already pretty much covered, and you already seem to have a plan of action. There really just isn't anything left to say.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

y2josh

I wasn't talking about you, MickeyMac. I was talking to stuff. I guess I should have @stuffed him.

y2josh

odd69

y2josh wrote:

when you come back Ill help you level up in resistance . What about your borderlands stuff?

my wii number: 8754-9981-5119-6538
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles number: 1290-4359-9435
PlayStationNetworkID: odd69

y2josh

@odd69: CRAP. I guess it's all lost. I didnt save anything to a flash drive. Stupid me.

y2josh

SwerdMurd

Did anyone else get Crescent Pale Mist? I played it on PC a couple years ago a little bit and found it pretty cool but not great...

Got it on PSN yesterday and put a bit more time into it...it's tough but quite cool. I'd say both the biggest attractor and detractor is how complicated the system is--I put about an hour into it and I finally was able to 100% the tutorial stage and not get man-handled on the first level. It's definitely got some production-value issues...cutscenes, and just the text-boxes in general seem very low-budget and PC-freeware, but it's quite a cool shoot-em-up-with-a-sword concept. I have a feeling it'll be one of those games that just plain looks cool once you get good with the systems.

Being able to three-hit combo bobble someone in the air, materialize phantasm-blades out of mid air to further juggle the enemy, then throwing a teleport-dagger at him, teleporting to his position, then jumping off of his stunned soon-to-be-corpse to reach high up items.....it's just cool. $5.99 pretty well spent for anyone who's interested...just understand that it's pretty hard and pretty cumbersome (and understand that the tutorial has intentionally bad graphics--level 1 looks much cleaner )

MY ELECTRONIC DRUMSET SHOWED UP TODAY!!!! Enslaved just got here as well Should be a good weekend!

@y2 - just read about the yellow-light fever....sucks man. My DS-Lite turned off suddenly the other day using my Korg DS-10 and nixed my save file on it....11 tracks I'll never be able to see/edit again . All I have are the mp3 captures I made of a few of them...losing intellectual property/created works FTL. Of course it had to zap my DS-10 copy (I have 3) with the most stuff on it....grumble

-Swerd Murd

(check my tunes out at www.soundcloud.com/swerdmurd)

Bones00

Would anyone recommend a slim PS3 as refurbished over new? Plus does anyone know of another place that fixes PS3 systems other than Gophermods? Thanks.

3DS FC: 3136 6642 8964.
Twitter, PSN, Steam, Game Center IDs: Bones00

Twitter:

Stuffgamer1

@josh: On the plus side, I got the Borderlands GOTY edition and want to play with low-level people starting up, so we can play together when you get your replacement system! Okay, so that's really more of a plus for me than for you...sorry.

@Roopa: It's hard for me to recommend games when I don't even know what's available on the European PSN. I know a lot of games we have in America aren't available over there as of yet...

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.