Forums

Topic: Nintendo Life Playstation 3 Fan Thread

Posts 3,701 to 3,720 of 9,907

Slapshot

@Stuff... Yeah Rapala was indeed my third review, I think I just got a bit lucky maybe I do have a few more reviews to come on the books and hopefully Ill get more soon after, I absolutely love to write and of course its no surprise to anyone here that I'm a fan of Sony or gaming in general and writing these last few reviews has been a blast. My wife is actually getting the first one of MAG framed lol.

@Cheapo.... thanks man and don't feel bad, we like having you guys around here that don't own PS3s. I'm at Kinectaku everyday and I no longer have a 360 (which kinda sucks as Kinect looks like fun.

@Waltz... thanks for the clarification on that one. I haven't really followed Tecmo or Koei at all as for Team Ninja Ive loved Ninja Gaiden since the NES all the way up to Sigma and then Sigma 2 just isn't as great for some reason to me and I haven't really followed them lately, especially with the last game being Dead or Alive Paradise lol. I was just thinking that the merger would downgrade the next Ninja Gaiden series possibly.

Picked up my copy of the Sly Cooper Collection and about to play it FINALLY! I'm NOT looking at a trophy list of any of it either until Ive beaten all three games and the Move game. I missed these games on the PS2, because it was pretty easy to miss games on that system as they released like crazy weekly and getting a remastered HD version to play through finally is AWESOME!

@MickeyMac.... I think you would like it. Its a lot of fun and hard as nails as well. The game you linked to looks great as well. Now on my radar officially

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Slapshot

NHL Gamecenter on PSN FOR THE FLIPPIN WIN!

Objection

My roommmate recently bought and started playing Demon's Souls. A lot. I was just wondering what any of you thought of the online exp., or is it pretty much best as a single player quest? And of course your general thoughts on the game, I've heard its tough as (insert comparison and/or swear) but it also seemed like some classes/weapon decisions made things much easier.

[21:14] pixelman: I blame fheblackdragon
[21:15] pixelman: That's not an f by the way, it's a fancy t.
[21:15] Objection: Tales of Graces "fancy t"
[21:15] Objection: Tinal Tantasy
[21:15] theblackdragon: lol OB
[21:15] pixelman: OB knows what he's asking about.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-0835-3789

y2josh

DAMNIT YELLOW LIGHT!!!!

y2josh

SwerdMurd

lol blackfight or w/e that awful fps was wouldn't even load a game when i tried it...I'm assuming due to everyone immediately deleting the demo the second they got it and thus, no games being available. That's what I did after 8 minutes of load screen.

I actually bought Enslaved last night (25 dollar gold box deal on amazon) and I'm looking forward to it...I watched some youtube videos and the setting looks awesome (and the cutscene was really entertaining--good writing, pretty solid voice-actors)

I'm excited. I'll let you guys know what I think.

Guwange is actually pretty easy. Only game I can 1cc, mostly because of the health meter (just did it about a month ago finally ) They're pretty forgiving with shot patterns/enemy locations due to the limited movement though, and the hold-button bullet-suspension shot makes life a lot easier. Good, albeit bizarre game. Sadly since it's being distributed on a Microsoft (read gaming-industry-cancer) console, I cannot support it any further.

-Swerd Murd

(check my tunes out at www.soundcloud.com/swerdmurd)

Stuffgamer1

@Slappy: I think the head of Team Ninja leaving would be more likely to affect their output quality than the merger, which as I understand it are two completely unrelated events (i.e. he didn't leave because of the merger).

@O_B: It's really mostly a single-player quest. I've never played multiplayer, and I don't feel that I'm missing much from what I understand of it. I DEFINITELY agree that class/weapon selections have a MASSIVE impact on game difficulty. Pretty much everyone I've talked to who was having trouble with the game chose a more magic-focused character. I went with the Knight and use primarily spears from behind a huge shield. Works great.

@josh: Aww, man! My sympathies, especially since that only just happened to me less than a month ago.

Edited on by Stuffgamer1

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

Bankai

Objection_Blaster wrote:

My roommmate recently bought and started playing Demon's Souls. A lot. I was just wondering what any of you thought of the online exp., or is it pretty much best as a single player quest? And of course your general thoughts on the game, I've heard its tough as (insert comparison and/or swear) but it also seemed like some classes/weapon decisions made things much easier.

Yeah, it's a balls-hard RPG. The online experience is nothing special, really, and not a huge part of the game - you're not losing much if you just play it offline.

Slapshot

Oh let you guys know if you care. NHL Gamecenter on PSN is expensive to watch every game live. BUT you can watch highlights of EVERY game played this season for Free as well as udated stats on every team and player in the NHL updated on the fly. Its a awesome addition to the Playstation Network.

Stuffgamer1

@josh: You don't. Not if you're referring to save data, at any rate. There's simply no way to recover any of that.

Any downloaded content can be re-downloaded on a new system by signing in using your PSN ID...everything that ID owns comes along with it. If you want to access video content on your new PS3, you'll have to e-mail Sony to have them deactivate your old system, as only one can have access to video content from PSN at a time.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Bankai

For Europeans/ Australians

I signed up for the Mubi service - $20/ month for unlimited access to the movies.

There's some 500 movies available so far, and typically they're the kind of old, arthouse or foreign films. I love these kinds of films, so this is a brilliant addition to the PS3 for me.

The quality of the footage is good, and smooth assuming you have a decent connection. The social networking elements are great as well.

All up, a great service, and I look forward to seeing it develop further!

y2josh

@Stuff: Lame. I'm glad i wasnt far in the games I had started recently. Trophies are saved to the profile aint they?

y2josh

Slapshot

@waltz... I downloaded mubi myself, but I didnt notice a fee to use. Twenty a month is really high considering all the movies are on Netflix at half the price. Unless Im missing something and the movies in fact arent available there. I know looking through them tonight there are several movies I adore on there as Im a fan of the original Psycho, The Rear Window, Blade Runner etc.

Edited on by Slapshot

Bankai

slapshot82 wrote:

@waltz... I downloaded mubi myself, but I didnt notice a fee to use. Twenty a month is really high considering all the movies are on Netflix at half the price. Unless Im missing something and the movies in fact arent available there. I know looking through them tonight there are several movies I adore on there as Im a fan of the original Psycho, The Rear Window, Blade Runner etc.

You can buy individual films on Mubi for $7/ watch. $20 is unlimited films per month.

Firstly, we don't have Netflix here. But more importantly, I stuggle to imagine Netflicks has the 1903 version of Alice in Wonderland on its service. Mubi is not there for mainstream films, it's there for the really obscure stuff. For $20/ month, that's a pretty good deal imo.

There's a couple of Iranian films on Mubi... I'm betting Netflix doesn't have those?

The local Mubi service doesn't have things like Psycho, Blade Runner etc etc.

What it does have though is the Killing Fields... one of the most impactful movies I've ever seen. I need to watch that again

Edited on by Bankai

Slapshot

@Waltz.... we don't have Mubi here in the states I downloaded it off of my European account, but I saw the original Psycho Hitchcock film on there. Seven Samurai is also on there and that is an amazing film as well. The ability to purchase is great and Im guessing the films have had some sort of digital upgrade as well as it looks fantastic. Netflix does indeed offer some very obscure foreign films from about any region as well as you and can rent dang near any film you can think up, its a fantastic service as well. Maybe one day your area will acquire it as I highly recommend it myself.

Mubi though is something special I can see, as from what I tell from the movies I sorted through. I'm not willing to pay for the service as Ive already gotten Netflix but access to it, even if limited seems to be pretty great. I'll find a movie on there to watch this weekend for sure. Most likely I'm going to have to check out Killing Fields as I'm thinking Ive never seen it. Any more recommendations? I'm hoping a remastered version of Casablanca is on there, such a great classic, but it's American, don't know if it will be on there.

The more services available through PSN the better the service of PSN itself becomes.

Edited on by Slapshot

Kid_A

A: A new trailer for L.A. Noir! It's Rockstar's latest title and one of my most anticipated games:

B: I bought Red Dead Redemption today. So far, so incredible. Riding around the huge world is mezmorising, even if the voice acting is a tad crappy.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Stuffgamer1

@josh: Yes, provided you sync your Trophies regularly. Anything that's been properly synced is safe, but anything you earned without syncing before the system died is gone.

I was going to chime in about exchange rates between Australian and American dollars, but then I double-checked and found out that $20 AU now equals $19.93 US. YEOUCH! That makes the cost of games in Australia look far worse than I'd previously thought.

Slapshot

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

@josh: Yes, provided you sync your Trophies regularly. Anything that's been properly synced is safe, but anything you earned without syncing before the system died is gone.

Not true apparently, because Anarchy: Rush Hour, I played it on my gaming PS3 that I sold where it was all originally synced up. I downloaded it to my second PS3 for play whenever I'm in the living room and got a few trophies there and of course as always synced up. Then when I got my new PS3 and downloaded Anarchy again.... BAM no trophies! It took syncing back up the old PS3 to regain my trophies again.

Oh, my wife got me Black Ops today FREE because she bought Christmas presents and got a $50 gift card and also picked up The Fight as well.

Edited on by Slapshot

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.