Forums

Topic: Nintendo Life Playstation 3 Fan Thread

Posts 3,721 to 3,740 of 9,907

Kid_A

WaltzElf wrote:

A: A new trailer for L.A. Noir! It's Rockstar's latest title and one of my most anticipated games:

It's not Rockstar's. It's Team Bondi's. Rockstar is just publishing.

Let's not minimalize the awesomeness of this game.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Supermarioman

Well considering I just bought Fallout 3: GOTY Edition and I'm still playing New Vegas, I don't think that anyone is going to see me for a while, goodbye life, HELLO APOCALYPSE!

Supermarioman

Stuffgamer1

@Slappy: I can't speak for your unusual problems...I just know I didn't lose any Trophies from my YLOD, which is what josh is dealing with here, in case you hadn't noticed. And I did notice that the phenomenon got a lot more attention when it happened to me a couple of weeks ago than to josh just now...very strange.

Got Plat on Sly 1 already tonight...it's absurdly straightforward. Matter of fact, my save file's still only at 83%, because the time trials aren't necessary for any Trophies at all. Which is just fine with me, 'cause those time trials are pure evil. I pulled them off on the PS2 years ago, but they're absurdly hard, and I don't really plan to bother again. On to Sly 2!

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

y2josh

I'm cool with people looking over my posts I'm used to it actually, lol

I will be PS3less for at least a month and a half. But I'll still be popping my head in here to see whats going down PS3 wise.

Edited on by y2josh

y2josh

CanisWolfred

y2josh wrote:

I will be PS3less for at least a month and a half. But I'll still be popping my head in here to see whats going down PS3 wise.

I read his posts, I just rarely have anything to say about them. Plus the point was already pretty much covered, and you already seem to have a plan of action. There really just isn't anything left to say.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

y2josh

I wasn't talking about you, MickeyMac. I was talking to stuff. I guess I should have @stuffed him.

y2josh

odd69

y2josh wrote:

when you come back Ill help you level up in resistance . What about your borderlands stuff?

my wii number: 8754-9981-5119-6538
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles number: 1290-4359-9435
PlayStationNetworkID: odd69

y2josh

@odd69: CRAP. I guess it's all lost. I didnt save anything to a flash drive. Stupid me.

y2josh

SwerdMurd

Did anyone else get Crescent Pale Mist? I played it on PC a couple years ago a little bit and found it pretty cool but not great...

Got it on PSN yesterday and put a bit more time into it...it's tough but quite cool. I'd say both the biggest attractor and detractor is how complicated the system is--I put about an hour into it and I finally was able to 100% the tutorial stage and not get man-handled on the first level. It's definitely got some production-value issues...cutscenes, and just the text-boxes in general seem very low-budget and PC-freeware, but it's quite a cool shoot-em-up-with-a-sword concept. I have a feeling it'll be one of those games that just plain looks cool once you get good with the systems.

Being able to three-hit combo bobble someone in the air, materialize phantasm-blades out of mid air to further juggle the enemy, then throwing a teleport-dagger at him, teleporting to his position, then jumping off of his stunned soon-to-be-corpse to reach high up items.....it's just cool. $5.99 pretty well spent for anyone who's interested...just understand that it's pretty hard and pretty cumbersome (and understand that the tutorial has intentionally bad graphics--level 1 looks much cleaner )

MY ELECTRONIC DRUMSET SHOWED UP TODAY!!!! Enslaved just got here as well Should be a good weekend!

@y2 - just read about the yellow-light fever....sucks man. My DS-Lite turned off suddenly the other day using my Korg DS-10 and nixed my save file on it....11 tracks I'll never be able to see/edit again . All I have are the mp3 captures I made of a few of them...losing intellectual property/created works FTL. Of course it had to zap my DS-10 copy (I have 3) with the most stuff on it....grumble

-Swerd Murd

(check my tunes out at www.soundcloud.com/swerdmurd)

Bones00

Would anyone recommend a slim PS3 as refurbished over new? Plus does anyone know of another place that fixes PS3 systems other than Gophermods? Thanks.

3DS FC: 3136 6642 8964.
Twitter, PSN, Steam, Game Center IDs: Bones00

Twitter:

Stuffgamer1

@josh: On the plus side, I got the Borderlands GOTY edition and want to play with low-level people starting up, so we can play together when you get your replacement system! Okay, so that's really more of a plus for me than for you...sorry.

@Roopa: It's hard for me to recommend games when I don't even know what's available on the European PSN. I know a lot of games we have in America aren't available over there as of yet...

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Slapshot

@Josh... I didnt catch you initial post because I do a lot of post here from the ship on my breaks and the amount of steel out there screws with internet signals so I usually have a hard time connecting to the internet and my post get bounced around sometimes. Ill get to my laptop realize I miss post a good bit. Sorry to hear about the YLOD situation I was just giving a bit of insight into my crazy trophy losses to add to your situation. As for save files, I havent preached the USB Flash Drive is a MUST lately but it is.

@Stofan... well after the 30min tutorial and 2 fights later I was laying on the floor covered in sweat tired as crap The game has issues to boot, but its still awesome when things work. When you do finally land some punches it feel so real as the opponents head rocks back and his face opens up and bleeds. Im sure Patrick will have his review up pretty soon over at movemodo. I think a few patches are imminent.

@Roopa... can you give us a little insight on the types of games your looking for?

@Stuff... congrats on the Platinum. Ill have that one tonight myself. Im loving the straightforward trophies here, just like in Borderlands.

@Bones.... couple of options. Local computer shops usually repair HD consoles because of the problems they have they can profit easily and the repair is about the same as what it is to mail it to Sony or some other online company usually. You can also sell your PS3 for parts on Ebay and purchase a new PS3 route and I think Gamestop will trade a YLOD PS3 but Im not sure on that, Im sure Stuff would know. As for me, I would recommend buying new and adding the $50 2yr extension from Sony on PSN.

Edited on by Slapshot

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

y2josh

@Stuff: Haha I will play it with you if you are still playing it then dude.

@Slappy: It's all good dude.

y2josh

Bones00

Thank you for your advice slapshot82. My wife will probably buy a new slim PS3 for my christmas present but I'd still like to retain my data from my 60 gb model if at all possible. I could accept starting over if my old console can't be fixed for a couple of days to transfer data.

Twitter:

Bones00

Crash Bandicoot is a great buy at $2.99. The sale might end with the next PS update on Tuesday though. I bought it on my PSP and it's really fun. I don't remember playing much of it 15 years ago. It's a great platformer but has a horrible save system and not much of a story. I hope this helps.

Twitter:

Slapshot

@Roopa... Im taking a look through the PSone Classics on the European store and Metal Gear Solid is a must have its the best on the PSN service. You guys dont have Crash Bandicoot 2 but Crash Bandicoot Warped is fantastic as well and lots of people enjoy it over the second game, second is my personal favorite though lol. Crash Team Racing has got to be the second best on the service if you like cart racers. Jet Rider is one of my favorite PSone games but its also aged pretty badly. Magic Caprpet is a fantastic shooter/strategy game. Oddworlds have a cool story and extremely original gameplay. Medievil has a great story and fantastic gameplay to match it as well as Rayman 2. Vagrant Story is prob the best RPG type game on the service in Europe and its also not available in the US. Those are my personal picks from the European store.

@Bones.... also Black Friday is right around the corner and you could come up with a great deal if your willing to fight for it lol.

Oh.. PS3 is dropping to $199 next year. Don't know a date but its happening.

Edited on by Slapshot

Slapshot

Feast your eyes on the first 10min of Prince of Persia in HD in the upcoming PoP Collection!

Stuffgamer1

@Slappy: Will you PLEASE stop hyping a game that still hasn't even been announced for release outside of Europe? Seriously, I don't want to hear anything about that game at all unless it's an American release date.

Bankai

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

@Slappy: Will you PLEASE stop hyping a game that still hasn't even been announced for release outside of Europe? Seriously, I don't want to hear anything about that game at all unless it's an American release date.

But this is one that will be really easy to import? It's on PlayStation, and a big enough release that every online retailer will have copies.

Picked up Dragon Age: Origins and that alchemy game I can't spell by NIS by trading in some old, crappy games like Fallout 3 that were collecting dust.

Glad I waited for Dragon Age. Love it, and now I won't need to buy the DLC. Atiller whatever, the alchemy game, seems to be an awesome, original take on the JRPG genre so far. See how it pans out.

Slapshot

@Stuff....do you really think it won't make it to America?

@Waltz... Fallout 3 crapy

Black Ops online is pretty dang good. Its not as good as MW2, but its dang close. MW2 may just end up being the pinnacle of online shooters. I don't know if anyone will top it in its genre of the game.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.