Forums

Topic: Nintendo Life Playstation 3 Fan Thread

Posts 3,681 to 3,700 of 9,907

SilentJ

@Stuffgamer
I ended up downloading Tomb Raider Underworld. It's actually my first Tomb Raider game. I've played a bit of the recent Lara Croft Guardian of Light game but it's not the same as an actual Tomb Raider game.

@WolfRamHeart
You ROCK! I just now placed my order for Enslaved! I really want that game but hate paying full price so I just couldn't pass that deal up. I went ahead and added the Move starter bundle, navigation controller, and Goldeneye dvd(free with the Wii game) to my order. I was planning on ordering the Sly Cooper collection but it appears to be back ordered.

Edited on by SilentJ

PSN ID : MrPink78

Stuffgamer1

@SilentJ: Wince Ooh, you'd better be sure to watch the "previously in Tomb Raider" video before you play! I forgot to mention that Underworld is a direct sequel to Legends, and the story won't make very much sense without having played its predecessor. It also brings back the main villain from Tomb Raider 1/Anniversary.

@turtlelink: Yes, yes it is. They released two of them on PSN today; the other one is a happy waving Servebot. My brother bought that one, and I didn't want to copy him, so I went with this one. They are notably called "Mega Man Legends 2" avatars. Maybe we'll FINALLY get the games on PSN soon? On the other hand, Capcom has been releasing an absurd number of avatars lately, including plenty for older games, so it might mean nothing. They sure are cute, though!

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

turtlelink

I hope so too. And yes, Sony has been putting quite a few more avatars. I recently bought a Bass one (from Megaman, ironically enough) a couple of days ago. There where also a few new free ones when I checked last month. It had a sword and shield, Frisbee, bow and arrow, and some other new things.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

Stuffgamer1

Yeah, I got all that, too. One free avatar per event in Sports Champions.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

WolfRamHeart

@Stuff: Yeah, I was surprised to see that the price for Enslaved dropped so fast. I read that the game isn't selling quite as well as Namco Bandai had hoped thus leading to the recently lowered MSRP.

@Silent J: I'm glad to hear that you got in on the deal! I've been wanting to pick this game lately but I just didn't have enough money at the time. I just couldn't pass up this opportunity.

WolfRamHeart

smithers

@WaltzElf Blacklight: Tango Down is crap....I played the beta and it was god awful. Generally i dont highly dislike games, especially FPS's cause i dont play much of them but it was super laggy, took forever to kill people, grenade throws were way off and it was honestly no fun at all....I quit halfway through the game cause i was honestly in pain, maybe its just me but i hated it

PlayStation profile
PSN ID = Smithers434

Slapshot

@Wolf...thanks for the heads up man, I couldnt swing it right now as the we are looking at getting a temporary lay-off at work for while possibly, cant over do it at the moment. Sly Cooper Collection is out tomorrow as well, and Im ready to finally play these game myself

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

CanisWolfred

I'm not really surprised Enslaved isn't doing well, actually. I haven't heard much about it, and I can't say I've seen much that has convinced me to buy it, even at its reduced price. Not that I'm saying it's a bad game or that I know I won't like it, I'm just saying I think I know as much as your average customer, and if that's true, I could understand from that perspective why it's selling poorly.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Bankai

smithers wrote:

@WaltzElf Blacklight: Tango Down is crap....I played the beta and it was god awful. Generally i dont highly dislike games, especially FPS's cause i dont play much of them but it was super laggy, took forever to kill people, grenade throws were way off and it was honestly no fun at all....I quit halfway through the game cause i was honestly in pain, maybe its just me but i hated it

I've played it for perhaps 3-4 hours since being given the download code, and as I said, it's not bad for a budget title.

Hardly a brilliant FPSer, but not woeful. I'll probably give it a middling review.

WolfRamHeart

@Slapshot: I'm sorry to hear about the situation at your workplace. I do hope that things turn around for you really soon. I forgot that the Sly Collection is coming out tomorrow. Let us know how it is. I'm thinking about picking it up too.

On the subject of another Namco Bandai game, Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom got it's price slashed from $59.99 to $39.99 on both GameStop and Amazon's websites. I'm not sure if this is some pre-order special or maybe Namco is taking drastic steps to try and increase sales for this title. I thought the demo for it was okay but I'm still not completely sold on it.

WolfRamHeart

odd69

smithers wrote:

Blacklight: Tango Down is crap....I played the beta and it was god awful. Generally i dont highly dislike games, especially FPS's cause i dont play much of them but it was super laggy, took forever to kill people, grenade throws were way off and it was honestly no fun at all....I quit halfway through the game cause i was honestly in pain, maybe its just me but i hated it

your not alone bud, i played it for 3 minutes and deleted it right away, i wanted the 3 minutes of my life back, i could of did something useful like play New Vegas

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

They are notably called "Mega Man Legends 2" avatars. Maybe we'll FINALLY get the games on PSN soon? On the other hand, Capcom has been releasing an absurd number of avatars lately, including plenty for older games, so it might mean nothing. They sure are cute, though!

I really want Mega Man Legends myself i missed out on them and would buy them in a split second if they came to PSN, Speaking of Capcom avatars, i bought Darkstalker's Morrigan avatar because i have fond memories of that game.

Anyone else played Darkstalkers before??

Im buying Crescent Pale Mist in a few minutes I need a diversion from Fallout New Vegas, Im so addicted to this game i cant sleep at night and barely wanna get up and eat. I need video game AA.Also gonna get that scott pilgrim DLC too.

Edited on by odd69

my wii number: 8754-9981-5119-6538
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles number: 1290-4359-9435
PlayStationNetworkID: odd69

CanisWolfred

odd69 wrote:

Anyone else played Darkstalkers before??

One of the best Fighting series ever, man. I played some of Darkstalker 3 way back when and loved it, and I fell in love with the cast and lore before I even started playing them. I should probably watch the old TV show, now that I think about it. I also have Darkstalkers Chronicles for the PSP, and I might buy it again on PSN just to have it in a more convenient package. (it's $10, so why not?) I seriously hope they make a Dalkstalkers 4 someday.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Slapshot

@ wolf.... i work in marine construction and in this line of work its pretty common though still a pain in the butt. I'm starting back college to finally finish up school. All the sprains and broken bones have finally taken its toll on me lol. Dealing with cracked ribs right now and I'd rather have a broken leg over ribs lol

As for Sly Cooper Collection, expect a full review late this weekend or Monday over on movemodo

@ odd... oh i think you will love Cresent Pale Mist. Really deep 2d gameplay. Very Japanese as well.

@ waltz....Tecmo Koei developed the horrible Quantum Theory so I'm really skeptical of this merger.

Edited on by Slapshot

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

cheapogamer4life

Just picked my PS3 move bundle and its go time!

Gee, how I wish the above statement were true.

Kinda feel like a creepy stalker keeping up with this thread but not having much to contribute to the conversation.

@ss82: Sorry to hear about your temp. Layoff, but I'm looking forward to reading your latest Move review.

3DS Friend Code: 4339-2558-1701
http://passid.ca/N4Life
PSN id: cheapO4life
Xbox gamertag: cheapogamer

Stuffgamer1

@Slappy: So how did you go from "one time thing" reviewer to steady staffer, anyway? This is going to be your third review, right? Pretty cool!

@WolfRamHeart: Wow, that's pretty crazy! You don't usually see an upcoming game get a $20 price slash before release like that... Well, I still haven't gotten around to playing the demo (a definite problem of mine in general), but the game IS on my radar. I guess I'll need to hurry up and give it a whirl to see if it's worth the new lower price.

Bankai

@ waltz....Tecmo Koei developed the horrible Quantum Theory so I'm really skeptical of this merger.

Dude, they've been merged for two years now, and produced a mass of games since. It's not like Quantum Theory is a sign that the merger didn't go well.

Beyond that, they didn't develop Quantum Theory. Team Tachyon, a subsidiary of Tecmo, did. And Team Tachyon has a horrible track record.

While I wonder at keeping a developer such as that, having one poor development house is hardly going to start negatively impacting on the better developers that Tecmo Koei maintain, such as Omega Force or Team Ninja.

Just pretend Quantum Theory doesn't exist. That's what I do.

In other news, I just discovered, thanks to Wikipedia, that Koei maintains a subsidiary called Ruby Party, which focuses on Japanese dating games. Excuse me for a minute, I have some shopping to do. <_<

Edited on by Bankai

smithers

SLY COOPER COLLECTION! haha not sure when or if ill get it but damn those games are good...had and beat all of them on the ps2...i beat all of them at least 2-3 times they were sweet

PlayStation profile
PSN ID = Smithers434

Bankai

smithers wrote:

SLY COOPER COLLECTION! haha not sure when or if ill get it but damn those games are good...had and beat all of them on the ps2...i beat all of them at least 2-3 times they were sweet

I enjoyed the games too, generally speaking.

I'm not going to buy any of these collection discs, however, execept for potentially Prince of Persia, and definately Final Fantasy

CanisWolfred

slapshot82 wrote:

@ odd... oh i think you will love Cresent Pale Mist. Really deep 2d gameplay. Very Japanese as well.

Gah! A PSN that actually caught my interest. And a Doujin game, too. (Speaking of Which) Hope it comes to XBLA/Indie somday.

Oh well, Xbla got GuWange today, so I'll be good for a while.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.