Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter: World

Posts 401 to 420 of 1,570

JaxonH

@CrazedCavalier
I think I accidentally had you on ignore. Fixed that now.

I wouldn't say I'm at 0. I'm still very much looking forward to the game. But I am definitely ticked off about all these changes. Don't mistake that for me hating the game. But it is a hype killer.

I'd say I started at 0 based on preconceptions and the poor trailer which was a shock to the system, then shot up to 100 after being assured it was the real deal and noticed things in the gameplay which indicated it wasn't being changed or compromised, and now took a sudden jolt to around 70 after learning that assurance was premature. And I think 70 is where I'll stay for some time, until further information is released which could potentially take me back up to an 80 or 85 (doubtful I'll ever top an 85 just based on the changes already shown), or take me down further.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

CrazedCavalier

@JaxonH I just don't like people overreacting, is all. Bit didactic of me, I know.

@Joeynator3000 End-game was all about killing Rajangs to get OP relics. That and the poorly thought out Apex mechanic (did you know you using wystones actually makes it harder to knock a monster out of Apex/frenzy status?).

Edited on by CrazedCavalier

"There's a very fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day of my life." -Leonard Church Jr.

Nintendo Network ID: thedanman88

Joeynator3000

I never bothered with relics and stuff, not worth my time...Apex wouldn't be as annoying to me if it weren't for the constant bouncing. So i don't bother with those monsters as much either. (aside from Seregios and Gravios, since they're easy)

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

JaxonH

@CrazedCavalier
I don't think I've overreacted about these changes. Not at all. I don't like the changes and I've stated as much. And it's been an emotional kick in the nads to say the least. If anything, I've shared a muted reaction, because how I really feel about it is %#%*$$&@!!!!

Or something along those lines. But I should have cautioned myself against getting so excited. It was an invitation for disappointment and the emotional rollercoaster that comes along with it (kind of hard to restrain one's hype when dealing with one's fave game of all time, and they coincidentally dangle the juiciest carrot you've ever seen with big words and bold assurances). But fear not, I won't be making that mistake twice. I know full well what sort of curve balls to expect going forward.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Haru17

Tsurii wrote:

Joeynator3000 wrote:

...and 4U will continue to be the best game.

hysterical laughter

CrazedCavalier wrote:

You mean Rajang Hunter 2015?

Well, there's one thing we can agree on. I was disappointed by Monster Hunter 4. Not like end of the world disappointed, but I thought the mounting mechanics would be better — seamless like they are now. I also could never get to grips with the really fast-animating insect glaive and super slow when shifted into axe form charge blade. I hope they feel like they have less of a disconnect between button presses and attack animations in World.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Mansa

Well, I'm mainly hoping for the gunlance to be better.

Mansa

Nintendo Network ID: Bronze

CrazedCavalier

@Bronze The heat gauge would've been a good idea if they didn't nerf the MVs. That way you get up to a 20% melee damage buff for using it correctly and no penalty to not using it, instead of spending extra time managing it for maybe 5%.

"There's a very fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day of my life." -Leonard Church Jr.

Mansa

I am quite annoyed at the added tiny feature that gives a barely noticeable reward for managing it and a horrible penalty for messing up on an already difficult to use weapon.

But it's the Gunlance move set in general that I have my problems with. I don't see a point on using it if optimal play suggests poking only for the main part. Yes, blasting has its uses here and there, but at neutral, it's hard to get in some punches and get out, while finding some reason to blast.

I'm praying for more defensive options that is available directly out of shelling. That way there can at least be more reason to do so. Imagine just having your fun, poking at the monster and as he turns to you, BOOM, shell attack that leads to an immediate block/guardpoint!

I'd be more excited to face monsters head on when using Gunlance.

Mansa

Haru17

It's Monster Hunter: don't play optimally, just hit the monster.

I'm definitely excited to see what World does with the hunting horn and gunlance after they changed so much in the Cross games and how revamped the heavy bowgun was. At the very least I think wyvern fire aiming will be improved, as well as just looking amazing like the HBG shells.

Did the gunlance share animations with the lance in 4 or did it just feel that way?

Joeynator3000

I'm a gunlance user...(well, I use the Glaive more often now, but still, lol) Never really had any issues with the weapon, even in Gen.
As for aiming Wyvern's Fire, aiming it is very easy.......................unless you're underwater. lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Haru17

Tsurii wrote:

And I don't think it did. The only real similarity between the lances is the poking and the backhops. Apart from that the movesets are fairly different.

Well that's like 90% of the lance moveset, haha. They just always felt identical to me. Surely less distinct than other weapons are from each other.

I didn't say the wyvern fire aiming is bad, I just said it will probably be improved. Waddling like in the new siege mode, or both up and down and side to side aiming like with the wyvern fire HBG shells.

Hell, maybe they'll even add some ranged shots to the gunlance.

Haru17

@Tsurii It's an exaggeration. Don't take things so seriously.

By the way, we already know the lance has a new forward hop if I'm remembering correctly. I would imagine it's just governed by a directional input along with the button press and the gunlance will get it too.

Edited on by Haru17

Haru17

@Tsurii The post I saw specifically mentioned a forward hop, but maybe it's wrong. The lance looked much the same from the Japanese multiple screen gameplay besides that.

CrazedCavalier

@Tsurii The lance does indeed have a new forward slide/hop, shown off in the leaked E3 demo.

Mansa

Aiming a Wyvern's fire up and down might be neat. I personally would just never have the balls to do so against a hovering Rathian.

But after seeing the cool stuff they did with a Great Sword, I'm feeling optimistic about the other weapons.

Like seriously, a tackle that cancels the charge?? I feel as though that was not even a necessary addition! xD

Still awesome though.

Mansa

CrazedCavalier

Bronze wrote:

Aiming a Wyvern's fire up and down might be neat. I personally would just never have the balls to do so against a hovering Rathian.

But after seeing the cool stuff they did with a Great Sword, I'm feeling optimistic about the other weapons.

Like seriously, a tackle that cancels the charge?? I feel as though that was not even a necessary addition! xD

Still awesome though.

It wasn't. The GS is about reading monsters and getting powerful hits in-- when you charge up, you're dedicated to that. Being able to quickly cancel out of it just lessens the risk and dedication needed (which seems to be an overall trend).

meleebrawler

@CrazedCavalier By ramming yourself face-first into the attacking monster? And while that might actually work to dodge because hitboxes, it doesn't exactly strike me as making the weapon safer. Just a bit easier to reposition and approach, which might very well be more important than ever since gaijinhunter noticed an uncharged hit landed on the tip dealing a pathetic 9 damage on Anjanath's nose. They might be trying to emphasize the GS's middle sweet spot.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

CrazedCavalier

@meleebrawler Anjanath's nose may just naturally be a very durable point, though your point about the sweetspot is fair.
There's just been an on going pattern to most changes and I'm starting to jump to conclusions.

meleebrawler

@CrazedCavalier Nothing about the nose makes it seem especially hard like Barroth or Uragaan, even if it is one of the monster's key features. It may not be a weak point either, but if a blow is so weak as to deal 9 damage due to part defense, you'd expect a bounce. And sharpness seems to work the same as always.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic