Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter: World

Posts 1,321 to 1,340 of 1,570

Haru17

In hindsight, it's kind of bizarre that the hunters got more realistic, the Palicos got more realistic, the monsters and wildlife got more realistic, but the Kinsects stayed exactly the same save for texture stuff. They look out of place — I guess they've always looked out of place, but now they do in HD — and like statues rather than creatures. Maybe an idle animation where they crawl around on your hunter's arm would have made them feel more alive and less like giant robot bugs.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Octane

@Haru17 Are they supposed to be alive? I though they were like the beetle from Skyward Sword.

Octane

SuperWeird

All I know is that this game is freakin awesome. I've poured 60 hours into it over the past week. For me that is insane! All I want to do is play Monster Hunter.

SuperWeird

JaxonH

"All I want to do is play Monster Hunter"

That's exactly what my Xbox loving coworker told me back in 2013. He literally went out a bought a Wii U to do just that. In fact, that's how I got into the series. And a week later, sure enough, that became my motto too: all I wanna do is play some Monster Hunter.

Been saying that ever since.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

@Tsurii
Sound like you're farther than me. I just farmed my Legiana armor. Should be wrapping up low rank soon, but I'm doing every single optional quest I get as I get them, and that's why it's taking me a while. But my next set will be in high rank when I find something substantially better than what I have.

But I would like to make it all the way to Legiana High Rank before I make a new set. He's got that evasion and increased quest rewards which are two absolute musts. Having Evasion Lv. 2 is enough that I'm successfully dodge rolling through attacks now, and I don't want to give that up just for better defense.

But ya, from now til Sunday night I'm free. Called in today. I stayed up too late playing MH last night, so I used a vacation day... so I could stay home and play even more MH 😂 Cause that's how we roll, ammirite

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

-Green-

So does High Rank basically revert you back to the bottom of the food chain? If so that leaves a bad taste in my mouth, and it’s getting really grindy.

I’m gonna see if I can progress through the story a bit more, but so far it feels really rushed.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Haru17

@-Green- There are new unlocks, monsters, and story bits. But yes, you'll need a couple new armor sets — all the other monsters get more difficult as well.

-Green-

So far I like Legiana the best of the new monsters I've fought. It just seems so simple and pleasing. The ice aesthetic and the way it attacks is very nice. It sits well with me.

JaxonH

I gotta say, they stuck much more closely to the formula than they led on- that's kind of been a running theme for this game. And the more I play the more I realize how little they've deviated from the formula (a good thing, I should add). One of my biggest complaint has been the changed skill system, but now that I am 100 hours into the game, and I'm seeing the full system in place... it's not that bad. It's really not.

I still like activating skills and the strategy involved with negative skills and all that. But this is way closer to the original system than I thought at first. And I can definitely work with it. I can still run my Evasion sets, earplugs are still a thing (because roars are still a thing, thank you el Capicom), it's just a little more forgiving in this game. And it's not even that I dislike the system, because if I'm being completely honest I think it's a good system. I just like activating skills more because it felt more strategic. But I was under the impression there were no slots, no talismans, no gems, etc... and that's kind of true but it's also kind of not true, because charms fill that spot. And there are slots, even if not made available to you for half the game.

I don't think it would be the worst thing in the world if they kept this system. That's not something I'm going to worry about.

@-Green-
Ya, that's just how the game is. You start back at the first monster when you change rank. Will have to do it again if G rank comes.

It's never bothered me because... I enjoy fighting the monsters, and it adds playtime. Low rank is when I get accustomed to the monsters, high rank is where you have to step it up and show that you can fight the real deal. G rank is where they crank it up to 11 and test your Ultimate skills.

But I'm sure you knew all that because you sound like you've played the series before.

Edited on by JaxonH

JaxonH

@Tsurii
Wish they'd kept transmog. I really do. That was such a great step forward for the series in MHXX. Idk why they'd just leave it behind.

It would be more tolerable if there were other aesthetic armor sets to choose from besides one bonus Samurai set, which I don't really like the looks of.

JaxonH

@Tsurii
My mixed set from MH4U was rad, the best mixed set I've ever made. Had Evasion +3, HG Earplugs, Handicraft +2, Windproof, and Status Attack Up (oh, and 906 defense after the +50 def from my glaive and the armor charm buff)

Untitled

Edited on by JaxonH

-Green-

@JaxonH I played 4U and Generations, but I quit 4U shortly after the desert area because it got too grindy and I quit generations because I got burned out.

I've enjoyed Worlds a lot and while I love the monsters, world and battles, I could do without the cycles of grinding. The HR so far feels like a repeat of the earlier parts. The new area's monsters also look like near reskins of previous monsters in the New World. I think this is what generally turns me off from MH games, in that things just become tedious near the later parts.

Splat

I'm 60 hours in and very much still and enjoying it. I just hunted my first Pink Rathian and it was pretty intense by myself.

Edited on by Splat

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

JaxonH

SOS is nice, I just wish they didn't remove lobbies. I miss having a lobby with hunters where you would set out together and come back together. Now, it doesn't even take you back to the gathering hall after a quest. And as a result nobody bothers to go up there, which results and you never seeing anyone except when you're on a quest. Typically it's a one and done thing. No hunting with a group over and over like before. Not that you can't but, just the way the game is set up has resulted in most people not doing that.

There is a 10 min timer though. If you join after 10 minutes you get no rewards aside from carves and break rewards. Which, is fair enough I suppose.

Edited on by JaxonH

JaxonH

Good grief...

Freaking Kirin. I hate that little electric unicorn with a fierce passion.

Thunderblight! And lightning! Here, have some more lightning! Now have some lightning that leaves only a sliver of health even after drinking a max potion! Oh you're stunned? Here, let me pony prance right over you and kick you to the kitty cart...

Idk how I survived that thing. That was an ugly, ugly reckoning on my behalf

Edited on by JaxonH

Haru17

Kirin was the most noticeable difficulty spike for me, I had to resort to low rank and join an SOS in high rank. Oh, also follow the optional capture quests with dialogue bubble icons next to them or you'll miss LR Kirin and a mantle.

I dig the fight now though. It actually feels majestic in a way the PS2 version didn't. Thew new hair physics, lightning effects, and scale textures definitely help; but the redone animations are definitely the set piece. It doesn't feel so... crunchy... to fight anymore.

Haru17

@Tsurii I haven't done any egg quests, I said capture quests.

JaxonH

I can tell it's all coming back to me.

When I first tried fighting the Rathalos at the beginning of the game I got wrecked, hard. But now that I finally got the quest for him... I smashed. Granted, I have better armor and weapons now but I wasn't getting hit left and right like I was the first time. The skills always come back like riding a bicycle.

I actually used the Dragon Charge Blade to test it out. It only has 396 damage (110 true dmg) instead of 504 (140 true dmg) that my normal one has, but it has 300 Dragon (30 true) and he's weakest to Dragon with 3 stars. Idk, maybe it wouldn't really have made a difference either way. In fact, the higher raw dmg might have actually been better because it also had ice, and despite the fact he is weakest to ice it still does a little extra damage, which would tip the scales in favor of that weapon.

This weapon has Elderseal though, so it's probably better to use on elder dragons. In fact I probably should have tried it on Kirin. But I don't think it was that weak to Dragon so I decided not to (which is odd since most elder dragons are weak to dragon).

Edited on by JaxonH

OutCold

Been having a blast with the game, just haven’t had much time to play blahhh. Really missing a pause button but maybe I’m just overlooking something.

I’m always checking this thread and the one on pushsquare throughout the day, wish I was better at English (and have the time) to join in on the discussions! Happy hunting!

the unattainable is unknown at zombo com
MH4U/MHG/MHW: Guts
~ close eyes, perceive with mind ~

JaxonH

No pause button, unfortunately. You have to hit Home then start Netflix or some other app to suspend the game. Major oversight. Probably not even an oversight, but intentional, and I hate it. Every single game on this planet should have a pause button. Systems build a pause feature into the game by letting you hit the home button so when developers go out of their way to prevent you from using that it pisses me off to no end.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic