Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter: World

Posts 1,301 to 1,320 of 1,570

Octane

@JaxonH I wonder if a portable version of World is possible... That could potentially come to the Switch after they're done with the PC release, late 2018, or early 2019.

Octane

SLIGEACH_EIRE

I read a headline this morning that said 60% of MHW's sales were outside of Japan and that 30% of its sales were digital. So when the Media Create sales come out soon, it's possible to guesstimate its overall sales.

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

JaxonH

@Octane
I don't expect World to come to Switch, simply because it wasn't an original platform and it's alot weaker of a system.

But, they're gonna have to build ground up for Switch anyways. Might as well be a portable version of World. Like, Freedom on PSP was a portable version of the PS2 game, right?

I don't think it'll be a straight port of World, but rather a portable 5th gen entry which would in fact be based on World, similar to the PSP versions of PS2 entries.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Octane

@JaxonH I could see that happening. That also means it's easier to double dip if it offers different and/or exclusive content.

Octane

JaxonH

@Tsurii
When you're at your item box, under manage items, read the bottom, it says press Options for loadouts. Same for when managing equipment.

Thing is, when you save a loadout it saves EVERYTHING. So if you change an item loadout but switched mantles, every time you use that loadout it'll change your mantle too.

Now... where the heck can I rearrange the HUD icons? I didn't know you could do that. Only saw an option to hide the HUD.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Octane

Is it possible to have your health bar on screen at all times? The HUD is cluttered anyway, so the extra bar on screen doesn't bother me too much.

Octane

Grumblevolcano

Digital Foundry has done a PS4 Pro vs. XB1X (vs. the standard versions) comparison for this game:

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

Finally.

So it seems the PS4 versions were optimized better, which helped close the gap between X1X and Pro more than you'd normally expect, to the point one of the modes actually runs ever so slightly better on Pro. Nevertheless the other two modes are better on X1X, with up to 10fps advantage in one mode.

Both versions run around 24-26fps on base models though. The base X1 is like 864p as well. Which, if it was a Switch game I'd say that's acceptable but for a dedicated power console... that's rough.

Edited on by JaxonH

Luna_110

I honestly don't see World coming to Switch with how much it pushes on the graphical side. It wouldn't run well at all, at least without several downgrades and then it kind of loses its point.

The best alterative is for Capcom to resurrect the portable subseries for the Switch, with maybe an HD version of the Generations engine, and keep World as the main series for PS4 and Xbox. Because after the good reception World has had, they will have to keep that as the minimum base for its sequel.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

JaxonH

I think a 5th generation Switch MH game would be a massive success, moreso now that World has released. By holiday 2019 it would have an install base that could do 3-4 million in Japan. Maybe closer to the 3 side mid-life, and 4 and beyond later in its life when it has a super massive install base. But even going with 3, it would also do at least 2 million in the west instead of the 1 mil MH4U and Generations did. That's accounting for just one million of the new players who joined with World to buy it, not counting the new Nintendo players it would also drawn in, similar to what World just did on the other consoles.

So you are potentially looking at a game that could match the total sales of World on a single platform. If they simply opted to make the next one multiplat across the board, it would be less Switch sales just because some people would buy it for another platform instead, but it might arguably be their best option because it would require far less resources if they are already making the game anyways, as opposed to a separate portable entry for Switch and new one for PS4/X1.

So I'm not sure what they're going to do in that respect, but I know there's way too much money to be had to not bring the series (I don't think they ever had any intentions of abandoning portable entries anyways). But whether it's a multiplatform version of the next game, or it's own Portable 5th, either way they've now raised the bar and expectations, so there's no going back. They are going to have to sink some serious money and resources into it either way.

Imerzion

Wait, there’s a Volcano area. When does that open up? I’ve just reached the high rank content and tracking down the ??? Rathalos. Presuming it’s a Pink Rathalos(?). But I’m taking my time with it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5926-6203-0027

Haru17

@Tsurii Press start/options on the item box inventory screen.

@Imerzion Just keep progressing the main quest and you'll unlock all the areas. i.e. Those tracks available in optional quests, expeditions, and (?) investigations.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

JoyBoy

Bowgun has never been this easy to get into. No more unnecessary hurdles to overcome. Not to mention the damage numbers, which I’m visually not a fan of, do infact help me a lot by providing actual feedback.

The diehard pro bowgunners probably don’t like the change but I very much appreciate it. An NPC actually breaks the fourth wall and refers to this change as a necessary one. Which is kinda funny.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Octane

Question!

My Palico asks if I want to leave him behind so he can chat with some Jagras. What's the point of this, and should I do this? No cat should be alone in a forest.

Octane

Ernest_The_Crab

Looks like numbers are up. World has sold about 1.25 mil (fairly close to the estimates). Pretty good for a console MH game. It still has some ways to go in Japan before it outsells any of the flagship titles there though (and a number of spinoffs).

Looks like most of the sales were redistributed between regions (with Japan's portable preference showing heavily).

It also managed to sell a large number of PS4s (110k).

My Backlog | http://www.backloggery.com/thesolarknight

Friend Safari: Espurr, Munna, Duosion

3DS Friend Code: 3909-7515-3526 | Nintendo Network ID: ThePillowGolem

JaxonH

Legiana is definitelt my next target.

I saw that armor set and was like OOOH, evasion! I need that. OOOH, more Divine Protection! I really need that. OOOOOH, tons of other useful skills! Gimme now!

Then I see my beloved evasion charm added to the list, and lo and behold... it requires Legiana parts.

So yep. Legiana it is. This Anja armor is at 130 but Id rather not sink any more armor spheres into it. Start out at 130 with Legiana and bump it up to 160 or 170. That'll get me through to high rank and enough to survive making my first high rank armor set

4stringsteve

Love the game so far but man... so much talking lol, I'm so used to starting in my underwear and jumping in the game lol

3DS Friend Code: 3780-9139-9364

Nintendo Network ID: Defian

erv

Contemplating getting a base ps4 for this game. I'm not so sure a new monster Hunter is going to show on switch between now and a year.

And it looks like the best one so far.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

JaxonH

Woot woot.

Gimme that plate. Yessir... The plate nazi at his finest. Munchin saucers for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Shredded Legi into a thousand pieces and fed him to the girros and hornetaurs. Tossing limbs, tails, claws and scales from the highlands down to the vale below.

But not before I snatched my plate.

JaxonH

Someone want to run a few Legiana quests with me? Just wrapping up about 5-6 more claws to finish the final armor piece and weapon upgrade. Easy mats if someone wants to join.

@Tsurii perhaps?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic