Topic: Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain

Posts 201 to 220 of 221

6ch6ris6

@Haru17: omfg the last one...my eyes are bleeding

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Haru17

Yeah... the first two guys pull it off pretty well, though. I love the middle-aged normie woman trying desperatley to avert her eyes in the second picture

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Peek-a-boo

Oh man, mission twelve - 'Hellbound' - is the best one yet!

I managed to slowly sneak my way through whole power plant, sneaked and knocked out soldiers at the enemy camp further along and finally the escape from that dinobot-like Metal Gear Rex. It was unnervingly tense in places and the whole helicopter minigun battle against the dinobot was pretty rewarding, if somewhat brief after a long mission.

The contrast - and gulf in quality - between the Quiet mission and this one is dizzying!

One minute I am not so keen on this game, then I love it all over again.

Peek-a-boo

6ch6ris6

yes hellbound was a pretty cool mission. still a little bit upset that i had to do it twice though

how do i do spoilers here??? whats the command?

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Peek-a-boo

@6ch6ris6: I can imagine that the mission would lose its lustre if you had to do it twice, but it is a real standout mission in its own right.

As for spoiler tags, simply place at the beginning of sentence or passage, then plonk a '/' slash between '[' and 's' at the end, like so!

That was no help as the spoiler spoiler'ed the spoiler tags, ha ha.

[ spoiler ] [ /spoiler ]

Just close the space gaps together into one entity. All good now?

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

6ch6ris6

58 hours playtime
26% completed

today i did 3 side-ops in africa. all in a row in one sitting. fultoned quite a lot of people, material and vehicles. even a tank

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

DanMan82

Peek-a-boo wrote:

I bumped into Quiet yesterday, just by stumbling through an archway that opens up to a view of a wide open ruins.

Well, that was easy.

I marked her position by using the binoculars and peeked out from behind the cover before having a 'lightbulb' moment; I called for ammo supplies to be dropped onto her current (marked) position. The first time knocked her backwards, the second time knocked her out altogether!

Cue the brilliant cutscene with the Big Boss and Quiet on the helicopter.

Not a fan of the overbearing sexualisation though. Why show a controller prompt (to move the camera around or zoom in) during the cutscenes with Quiet? It's a bit creepy and pervy all at once, and not tastefully so.

lmao! Never even thought of doing that!

"If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you never will change the outcome."- Michael Jordan
“I am thankful for all of those who said NO to me. Its because of them I’m doing it myself.” – ?????

6ch6ris6

73 hours played and 34% completed

i'm around mission 25 now i think. only half way through? omfg...

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

6ch6ris6

holy moly. mission 30 is hard as hell. i had to blast my way through the last part. no idea how to do that stealthy. though i didn't have much time to finish the mission as i wanted to watch live football^^

Edited on by 6ch6ris6

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Peek-a-boo

I have really, REALLY gone off this game now.

For someone who only has about two or three hours to play games on a non-busy week, all the helicopter to-ing and fro-ing from the Motherbase to the next mission, as well as keeping your soldiers morals/spirits high and flaffing about with the R&D development and popping back to the Motherbase as Ocelot or Kaz wants to you ... it takes away a hefty chunk of your time and replaying a failed mission can become an exercise in tedium.

With Tearaway Unfolded and SOMA gripping me far more, I am unlikely to return to this until I see those two (enjoyable) games through to the very end.

As much as I like the gameplay in MGSV, I do wish we had a 'classic' Metal Gear Solid structure. At least I would have completed this game by now!

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

6ch6ris6

i havent played for a week. just didn't have any time to play. finished chapter 1 now though^^

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Haru17

Peek-a-boo wrote:

As much as I like the gameplay in MGSV, I do wish we had a 'classic' Metal Gear Solid structure. At least I would have completed this game by now!

/agree

/petition

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

6ch6ris6

so i am still playing mgs5 (106 hours in) and i am currently in chapter 2.

today i had a mission unlike any other. where the story and the mission itself really made me feel with the characters in the game. like never before. every action i took meant something to me. i never had this in a game before. it was breathtaking. after the first chapter and the next few missions i was slightly disappointed by the story. not the gameplay. gameplay is still freaking amazing and top notch. but the story was just lacking so much that i thought it would had watching all the trailers before a bazillion times.
anyway this mission today changed my perspective of this game. i am amazed by the storytelling in this mission. if you wanna read more beware i will spoil a lot now!

i am talking about the mission on the quarantane platform when the infection spreads the second time. holy stuff. you basically wander around rooms with your soldiers suffocating from the infection up to a point where you have to shoot everyone who is infected. i hesitated before every single shot i fired. literally before EVERY SINGLE SHOT! you see in the faces of your men. you realize that many of these people have been brought to diamond dogs by you, the player. i remembered a lot of faces. when they spoke to me it actually felt like they were really talking to me.
at the end you come into a room with like 5 soldiers and they know what will happen. they know you need to kill them so the infection won't spread. then they say it's okay and they know you have to do it and they would only want you to do it. and then they salute you. you have to shoot your soldiers saluting to you. it's incredible. the main theme is playing in the background. i was so close to crying. pulling the trigger on my 360 controller never felt this real and stuff. it felt bad. it wasn't fun like in every other game where pointing and shooting is a fun action.
this mission was insane. everything about this was so well designed and thought out. like everything you did earlier in the game was only building up and preparing you for this mission.

now i cant wait for the next story mission. but i still dont understahnd how these unlock in the second chapter. do i have to do specific side-ops first? or the recycled main ops?

Edited on by Eel

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

6ch6ris6

finished the game.
i can understand why people dont like the ending but i actually love it. i expected something different from the entire story of phantom pain but overall the story was okay and the ending is just a very big thank you to all mgs fans IMO

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

6ch6ris6

am i the only person on this forum interested in this game? i mean this is a serious contender for GOTY.

136 hours played. doing the last side-ops and doing FOB missions and building. damn this game is still fun.

Edited on by 6ch6ris6

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

GrizzlyArctos

@6ch6ris6: Nope, I was addicted to this game for a few weeks after it came out. I intended to 100% it, and I managed to finish all the Side-ops and was starting to S-rank some of the story missions. Then I started to get overwhelmed with some of the requirements, such as upgrading all the facilities, which just seemed to involve too much grinding for resources, and I had to put it down because I was neglecting other games I wanted to play. I'll probably try chipping away at it now and then.

I love Phantom Pain. The gameplay is amazing, and while the story isn't the best, I still liked what was there, and it did have some really powerful moments, one of which I'd consider to be one of my favourite moments in gaming (the one you talked about earlier). It just seems like it's too big at some points though.

Yes, I like bears.

Peek-a-boo

Finished mission 46 yesterday evening, a shy over two and a half months since the game first came out!

Chapter 1 was better, with Eli, Man on Fire, Quiet, Skull Face as part of the ensemble along with their stories.

The second chapter was fine, but those 'subsistence' and 'extreme' copy-and-paste missions should have been in another submenu altogether; all in all, there were only seven missions in chapter 2 compared to thirty three in the first.

Do I like the ending? Yes and no.

As we all know, the mission that Chris describes above is not just the best mission in this game, it is probably one of the highlights of the entire series. Felt like I was doing something 'wrong', especially with Huey screaming 'murderer! You are just the same as everybody else!' in the background .

And yet, knowing that you were a phantom Big Boss - or a medic in previous life - makes that mission seems so flat. It wasn't the real Big Boss who killed his own men and women, it was just the phantom one. The one that was just there to fill his boots. Ironically, the phantom Big Boss ended up being more of a legend than (the real) Big Boss himself.

Not the best way to end the series, with Kojima now gone too, but I still enjoyed the majority of my time with it, sixty two hours in all.

I aim to do all the side-op missions as I have now done two-thirds of them and enjoy them enough to tidy them up. I am surprised that I haven't even captured half of the wildlife! I may look at a guide to help me find my way to some of the rarer animals.

The first and third Metal Gear Solid will remain my favourites, but playing this one will make going back to the others very difficult due to the fantastic gameplay and the brilliant animations that goes along with it. Not many games offers gameplay quite as polished this.

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

andreoni79

Totally forgot about this game after November 10th... Must find the time to beat chapter 2 story missions at least...

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

6ch6ris6

i actually wanted to finish all side missions too, but then i needed to finish skyrim's story and now i am too busy with the elder scrolls online.

btw anybody getting just cause 3 on december 1st?
i hope the retail version contains an actual disk with the game on it without having to enter a code on steam. unlike MGS5...

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

6ch6ris6

finally Metal Gear Online has been released on the PC! at least the beta.
i never played any mgo so im kinda hyped

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic