Forums

Topic: iPhone/ iPad gaming thread

Posts 461 to 480 of 1,099

ASDFGHJKL

Mainly I use IGN and TouchArcade to decide upon my iOS purchases. Although I always tend to take some reviews lightly, and when im not too sure if I would agree, I do some more research. Controls are always a big deal in reviews, but sometimes they can be a bit exaggerated. Ive played plenty of games that worked perfectly fine which have been critiqued by the controls. But then again, I am known to put too much thought towards any type of purchase. And I mean ANY.

I love solipskier.....on my browser I might get it for my Touch if im in the mood. Right now NOVA 2 and Real Racing 2 are keeping me occupied enough

ASDFGHJKL

retired_account

Is there a way to customize your weapons loadout after you've joined a match? Mine keeps getting reset. :/

Those were some kick matches btw, Gabe. I'm getting good at this game. We were the top 2 in one of them.

Edited on by theblackdragon

retired_account

ASDFGHJKL

Yeah, you can. Pause and go to equipment. It will apply on your next respawn. Oh and I believe I won that match

Playing Galaxy on Fire 2 again. Finally got past the part I was tuck on. This gamefreaking awesome.it starts slow, but gets really fun later on. Tons of depth and things to do. Very fun sim game. A bit slow paced but still very fun. The story is decent and so is the voice acting.

ASDFGHJKL

retired_account

Actually it said you had 13 kills and I had 15, and it said I was in second place. I was super confused, haha. Probably just lag or a glitch. Anyway thanks for the tip, that'll come in really handy for future battles. :3

I should probably get GoF2 at some point. All those 5 star reviews can't be for nothing.

retired_account

ASDFGHJKL

I believe you get extra points if you get high kill streaks, which I did pretty well

and yeah, GoF2 is pretty good.

ASDFGHJKL

retired_account

Ohh, so it goes until someone hits the kill limit, and then ranks everyone by score. Interesting.

Oh and Mickeymac, ReddLionz, you guys haven't accepted my friend requests on Gameloft live yet! I'm curious to see how Mickeymac likes NOVA 2.

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

ASDFGHJKL

Im still in love with Galaxy on Fire 2....One of the best games ive played this year. I do warn its not for everyone. But I just love the open world-ish sandbox kind of gameplay with some story based missions. There is quite a bit to do.

Oh, and good matches yet again pixie. I picked up someone's granade launcher and got a 7-kill streak helping me win a match

Edited on by ASDFGHJKL

ASDFGHJKL

retired_account

Man, shotguns and machine guns are absolutely worthless in NOVA 2. The rocket and grenade launchers are the only ones worth using since they have a huge blast radius and deal crazy damage. Pretty disappointing after being able to string a bunch of headshots with an MN106 in MC2, lol.

retired_account

ASDFGHJKL

I dont know, I suck at using the rocket launcher. I much prefer using the alien weapons, but thats just me.

ASDFGHJKL

retired_account

Well pretty much everyone uses the rocket launcher, haha. Granted, it definitely does takes some getting used to. The alien guns are pretty good though, barring the erratic plasma gun which is only good at point blank range.

retired_account

ASDFGHJKL

Finished GoF. A bit short and the story could be better, but there is still tons to do thanks to he huge sandbox nature to the game. I love it.

Got Canabalt on sale.and it is AMAAAAZING. Sure its very basic ala Doodle Jymo, but oh so.addicting. The presentation is just stunning. The art is awesome and has great atte
ntion to.detail. The soundtrack is truly amazing and makes playing it with some good headphones an amazing experience.

Oh, and Broken Sword is free atm. Awesome classic point and click game with good voice acting, good art and an interesting story. If this is your type of game, its a must get.

ASDFGHJKL

retired_account

Someone was typing on his iPod Touch, lol. And yeah Canabalt is pretty incredible. I should check out Broken Sword. D:

retired_account

CanisWolfred

Canabalt is a terrible game, yet very addicting imo I would try Broken Sword, but...I'm confusing it with something else. I'll just go get it.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

retired_account

Mickeymac wrote:

Canabalt is a terrible game

You are hereby banned from this thread. Forever. FOR. EVER.

retired_account

CanisWolfred

pixelman wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Canabalt is a terrible game

You are hereby banned from this thread. Forever. FOR. EVER.

It's so random! How are you supposed to see that stuff coming before it hits you?! I got hit by a random falling car, and three times I failed to go through a window because I couldn't see the Window coming and jump the right height. It's awful! I don't know why I keep playing it? I guess because I keep hoping I'll get lucky and not have something stupid and rediculous come my way.

/rant

I got Broken Swords. Not bad so far.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

ASDFGHJKL

It's not so bad when you use the obstacles to slow down once in a while. But whatever. The music is amazing.

Broken Sword is pretty fun. I love thes type of games. Speaking of which, anyone know if the first Monkey Island is worth getting, or should I skip to the second with the improved controls?

ASDFGHJKL

retired_account

You can play Canabalt from now till eternity and never miss a jump, if you have perfect timing.

You have to maintain a certain speed by running into crates (and sometimes avoiding them). If you go too fast, then you'll eventually run smack-dab into a wall or fly over a platform into the abyss, and if you go too slow you'll eventually either miss a jump or tumble to your death on a crumbling building. As long as you keep your speed in the middle, you'll be fine. It does take a good amount of time before you get a feel for how fast you should be going. Oh, and the "falling cars" have a kind of a "kick" sound a few seconds before they land, so that you'll have time to prepare to dodge them.

It's perfectly made. As long as you fulfill certain conditions, you will never encounter an impossible situation. It all comes down to your judgement and skill. I've ran over 15,000m before.

Goshdarnit, Canabalt REALLY needs GameCenter. I can't believe it doesn't already have it.

@Gabe: The second Monkey Island is definitely worth your time and money. I haven't played the first one, but I hear it has a bunch of control issues.

retired_account

ASDFGHJKL

I think I might just go ahead and get the second one as it is on sale fr a buck. Ill skip the first one knowing I dont need it to understand the story of the second one. I mean, for a loved classic of one of today's scarcest yet one of my favorite genres, for less than a pack of gum is just too good of a deal.

15,000m? Ive only gotten near 9,000m. I guess I can keep trying. Playing this game with some semi-nice sound canceling headphones is just awesome. The presentation alone is worth the dollar I spent on it.

ASDFGHJKL

retired_account

Yeah, my goal is to reach 20,000. :3 I actually spent 2.99 on it, and I don't regret it at all, even with the sale.

retired_account

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.