Topic: iPhone/ iPad gaming thread

Posts 441 to 460 of 1,099

SuperMarioFan96

Synching my new iTouch as we speak.
813 songs tends to take a while....

"Oooh, yes I said it! I said it! I said it 'cause I caaan!"
My Backloggery

ASDFGHJKL

Downloaded Real Racing 2: this game is awesome. It blows away the first one in almost every way. Its smoother, bigger, more difficulty options, more challenging, and just better in general. The career mode is absolutely complete with vehicle purchasing and upgrading, reputation, a variety of event, more challenge, more rewarding. Its a really good complete game. The AI is a very strong point and never feels like its just following a line. Now there are up to 16 cars on track which makes the races more interesting. The graphics are (Infinity Blade aside) the best ive seen on iOS with bright colors, sharp textures, great looking vehicles, richer and duller enviornments, and even lighting on the track. Saving is done through your gamecenter account. I havent tried online yet though.

I also downloaded Spider: Secret of Bryce Manor as its on sale. Very fun little indie game. Original gameplay, great art direction, and the added background mystery is a neat bonus. Fun game.

Im stuck in NOVA 2 I cant get past this one mission in which you defend the generators from the baddies. No matter what I do at some point the wave keeps destroying my last two generators. At least the online is still fun. I think Ill go online in a little bit in case anyone wants to play.

ASDFGHJKL

retired_account

Yeah it's basically tower defense. It took me a good number of tries before I beat it. Basically place the towers so that they're near where the next wave comes in, and if there are two waves then place two towers on one wave and hold off the other one. You'll get it eventually. :3

And I really really hope RR2 will be Universal. It does look pretty awesome. By the way, fun matches Gabe. I'm so sick of Sky City though, hahaha.

Oh, and I got Chaos Rings and Mirror's Edge. Having fun with both of them. :3

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

ASDFGHJKL

Haha, yeah. Ill give it another try. Nice matches, I love sniping . I think I killed you from the complete opposite side of Sky City at least three times. Now that was fun

Have fun with Chaos Rings. What story are you beginning with? And yeah, RR2 is pretty awesome. Although in Firemint;s record, I wouldn't be suprised if they made an HD version

ASDFGHJKL

SuperMarioFan96

Angry Birds
Cut the Rope
Fruit Ninja
Tilt To Live
Doodle Jump
Plants VS. Zombies
Infinity Blade
Rolando and Rolando 2
Chopper 2
Osmos

All highly worthy of your purchase.

Edited on by SuperMarioFan96

My Backloggery

ASDFGHJKL

Real Racing 2
NOVA 2
Modern Combat 2
Spider: Secret of Bryce Manor
Chaos Rings
Zenonia
Infinity Blade
Fruit Ninja

ASDFGHJKL

SSBbrawler08

i recently bought a game called oven break. it's actually a very challenging game which requires extreme skill (so of course i beat it) but it's definitely worth checking out.

Photobucket | Backloggery
SSBB Friend Code: 0774 - 3945 - 4471
See you in anotha life, brotha.

SuperMarioFan96

Does anyone else here have Chopper 2? It's a lot of fun and has pretty nice graphics for an iPhone game (not Infinity Blade good or anything, but still quite good). Basically you control a helicopter which you move by using tilt controls, and you have to fight off various enemies, and you're given certain missions to do. Presumably there's a Chopper 1 as well but I just saw Chopper 2 in the top 25 when it first came out and just bought that.

My Backloggery

Magi

My wife and I both got Win7 Phones for ourselves for Christmas. ilomilo was a free download and it even has Xbox Live achievements built in. It's actually a pretty amazing puzzle game. I've already downloaded Facebook, XBox Live Essentials, IMDb, Netflix, Shazam, The Weather Channel, and Youtube apps. I'd like to get The Harvest (game) but it seems pretty pricey.

Can anyone suggest any additional apps/games?

Magi

retired_account

@Gabe: The one with the white-haired ass****. And lol, I suck at sniping.

retired_account

ASDFGHJKL

Finally got that Nova 2 mission out of the way
Real Racing 2 keeps getting better. Once you get better cars you really start to see the game speeding up. The online works great but could be updated. All of the cars are on the very high end and I don't seem to see any friend matching options but its still fun.
Osmos is amazing, btw. Very awesome puzzle game for only a buck. I'm really digging Spider as well.

ASDFGHJKL

retired_account

Sorry I missed all your requests yesterday, Gabe. I was out all day, haha. I've got Osmos but it hasn't blown me away at all like it has a lot of other people.

retired_account

Moco_Loco

@Magi: I don't own a Windows Phone 7, but I hear Bejeweled Live is great. I strongly recommend visiting Pocket Gamer (www.pocketgamer.co.uk) for solid game reviews and good coverage of ALL handheld platforms, not just iOS. At a quick glance through their WP7 reviews I also thought The Harvest looked interesting.

Moco Loco
If you find yourself spiritually drifting (as I was for far too many years), remember that Jesus can and will walk across the water to reach you and bring you back to shore.

ASDFGHJKL

Haha, it's ok. I just tend to invite a bunch of people every time I go online.

Age of Zombies is the gunnery game I've played in a long time. If only it were longer still worth getting for the extra survival stages but the story stages are the most fun. Btw, Super Ramen Ninja is the best boss ever, even if he offers little to no nutritional value

ASDFGHJKL

Magi

Thanks for the site recommendation Moco Loco. It's based across the pond from me (like Nintendolife) but good info is good info no matter where it is (again like Nintendolife).

Magi

Moco_Loco

Pocket Gamer is across the pond for me, too, but like Nintendolife I've found it to be an excellent source of news and information. You might also run across some Windows Phone 7 fan sites that do game reviews; I've found a couple good sites for Android gaming. I know IGN did a lot of WIndows Phone 7 reviews right when it launched, but soon after the launch they returned to their iOS lust. While I agree with them that iOS is the strongest mobile gaming platform, it would be nice if they also covered other mobile platforms as well.

On the other hand, we all know IGN's reputation around these parts...

Moco Loco
If you find yourself spiritually drifting (as I was for far too many years), remember that Jesus can and will walk across the water to reach you and bring you back to shore.

SSBbrawler08

i think you guys would like a game called solipskier. it's a pretty interesting game and dangerously addicting. it's on sale for $0.99 right now, so if you don't already have the game, i think you should get it.

Photobucket | Backloggery
SSBB Friend Code: 0774 - 3945 - 4471
See you in anotha life, brotha.

CanisWolfred

^Slipskier is a skiing game isn't it? I don't quite care for those but I'll at least give it a look.

Moco Loco wrote:

On the other hand, we all know IGN's reputation around these parts...

I happen to like IGN.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Moco_Loco

Mickeymac wrote:

I happen to like IGN.

That's actually why I put the smiley. IGN gets a pretty bad rap on these forums. While they have their ups and downs and their share of poor reviewers, I can at least say that their site hasn't gone downhill the way that Gamespot did. I don't even recognize Gamespot from the days when I frequented it regularly. Despite what many say about IGN's Nintendo hate, even Daemon Hatfield has given positive reviews to WiiWare titles he happened to like. While he's got nothing on most of Nintendolife's reviewers, he still calls them as he sees them just like anybody else.

I just wish they would hire another editor for their mobile gaming section. Levi Buchanan is a solid reviewer, but I suspect he has a great deal of freedom to choose which games he reviews and he tends to stay in his iOS comfort zone. A second reviewer could provide the site with WP7 reviews, Android reviews, and more.

Moco Loco

retired_account

Hoooly. Team Deathmatch on the Ship map is my new favorite thing ever. I got first place too.

I wish you didn't move quite so fast online though. It makes using shotguns almost unbearably difficult, haha. The automatic shotgun does rock though. Right now my best weapon is the rocket launcher, which I suck at in MC2, lol. :3

retired_account

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.