Forums

Topic: GoldenEye 007 (Wii) Match-ups

Posts 641 to 660 of 10,277

romulux

RDB wrote:

I think I'm level III with the P99 and II with the other stock pistol.

the p99 is really disappointing. am i the only one who has a problem with it shooting way lower than the sights indicate? anyway if i remember right it only takes a few kills to level up with each pistol, so it's worthwhile to try them for the ease of getting a quick 600xp bonus, plus all the smaller ones along the way. just go for headshots.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Mabbit

im playing right now, so if you want me to add you, nows the best time

Heisenberg says "relax!"
The user formerly known as briunj04
PSN=mabbit04/Summoner name(LoL)=briunj04

Xkhaoz

I'll be on ASAP

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

Mabbit

lately, ive really been liking Golden Gun mode, so can we play that, Xkhaoz?

Heisenberg says "relax!"
The user formerly known as briunj04
PSN=mabbit04/Summoner name(LoL)=briunj04

Spoony_Tech

It was fun RDB. Found out I really suck at goldeneye mode but I do like it though. Not to mention we got rolled by the 49 ranker at the end there. Still my game was a little off tonight!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

romulux

at some point tech we're going to have to form a party and try license to kill out. i'm bummed that there's still no one above 25 playing it yet.

i fiddled with my internet connection and found that about half of the host drops i had were on my end. the wii wasn't making good enough contact with the router and it would lose signal occasionally. making sure your own internet is solid can go a long way to making the online a lot less frustrating, even if you still have to deal with other people's connections failing when they're the host.

Edited on by romulux

RDB

Tech101 wrote:

It was fun RDB. Found out I really suck at goldeneye mode but I do like it though. Not to mention we got rolled by the 49 ranker at the end there. Still my game was a little off tonight!

Yep, good times. Not my best night either. I thought you were doing fine at Goldeneye. My philosophy is get as many stations as often as possible. I'm not sold that protection really works all that well. I think it's better to split up and capture all the stations asap. And what was his name, Daisy-Fan I think? He had to be using the light foot att b/c he was crossing the station way too fast to be just normal. I think he killed me 6 times in a row in the back corner. Not fun, I almost jumped off mid round, but I was the host, so I stuck it out for everyone's sake.

After you jumped off I was working on some pistol achievements. Had a great round going with the hawkman, 10 kills or so and lots of xp and, sure enough, lost connection to host. SOB!!! That was the last straw for me tonight.

Edited on by RDB

[RDB]
Console Code - 3252 3655 0847 4313
Goldeneye FC 2497 8891 1365
skype - ryan.buckenmeyer
YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/ryanbuckenmeyer
[Wii] Clan - http://gerwiiclan.webs.com/

Spoony_Tech

romulux wrote:

at some point tech we're going to have to form a party and try license to kill out. i'm bummed that there's still no one above 25 playing it yet.

I played it with 7 of us for the first time last night. It as intense. I joined about mid way though and didn't do another run cus I seen someone hop online so I invited them. I did alright for mid match entering but would like to join from the start.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

RDB

I'm going to jump on in a bit. Warning, tonight is about finishing off my pistol achievements... so the kill ratio is likely going to be ugly!

[RDB]
skype - ryan.buckenmeyer

romulux

those were some tough and even sided rounds, tech and RDB, but we did pretty well. shame we couldn't get license to kill to work. i left sooner than i wanted because i twice lost my connection mid-round and decided it was time to do something serious about my router.

RDB

yea, I was surprised when it let me in to LTK since I'm only lvl21... too bad no one showed up.

man, getting the pistol achievements is not fun. It's hard even with newbs and if there is someone good, I'm toast with any handgun. There were a few times that I snuck up behind someone and had to hit them 12/13 times before it finished the business. Terrible, that would never work face2face. Any advice on finishing them? I'm done with the Hawksman, but have plenty left on the P99 and Torka. After so much frustration with said handguns, I went on to finish the Sigma (basic), also terrible. I think I'm going to wait till lvl 22 and have reactive armor and bio booster to finish all those.

Good times!

Edited on by RDB

[RDB]
skype - ryan.buckenmeyer

grenworthshero

RDB wrote:

yea, I was surprised when it let me in to LTK since I'm only lvl21... too bad no one showed up.

man, getting the pistol achievements is not fun. It's hard even with newbs and if there is someone good, I'm toast with any handgun. There were a few times that I snuck up behind someone and had to hit them 12/13 times before it finished the business. Terrible, that would never work face2face. Any advice on finishing them? I'm done with the Hawksman, but have plenty left on the P99 and Torka. After so much frustration with said handguns, I went on to finish the Sigma (basic), also terrible. I think I'm going to wait till lvl 22 and have reactive armor and bio booster to finish all those.

Good times!

Oh, man, good luck with that. I just finished the Sigmus. It's not as bad as you might think, but the AK-47...UGH! I gave away countless games by using that pos. It has very little power, horrendous accuracy, and a small magazine. It's just all-around horrible. The stupid thing is, it's a great gun in real life, though it is pretty inaccurate at distances. I think I'd rather go with the pistols than the AK in this game.

PSN ID: grenworthshero
Steam: grenworthshero
WiiU: grenworthshero
YouTube--backloggery--tumblr--

Nintendo Network ID: grenworthshero

romulux

they're both terrible, but at least the AK has enough bullets to kill someone. there was something almost fun about the sigmus though, like i said before it's almost like getting stuck with the klobb from the old game, only this one's fast. it was a fun challenge to try to get kills before the clip ran out; there was nothing fun about using the AK, on the other hand. if you want to level the AK up, do it in heroes mode as ourumov. much less painless.

grenworthshero

romulux wrote:

they're both terrible, but at least the AK has enough bullets to kill someone.

Only if you're right up next to them. That's not my playing style. I almost always get the "longest elimination shot" accolade, and I never use the sniper rifle, so the AK is the worst gun ever, for me. HORRIBLE accuracy, and when the bullets do manage to hit their target, it does very little.
Oh, and the Klobb SUCKED. BAD. If you managed to kill someone with the Klobb, you must have been playing your 3-year-old sister. The Sigmus is much more accurate, and can actually kill someone without going through 3 or 4 magazines

PSN ID: grenworthshero
Steam: grenworthshero
WiiU: grenworthshero
YouTube--backloggery--tumblr--

Nintendo Network ID: grenworthshero

romulux

agreed. let's just be glad that they give you the scar and sigmus 9 early on. speaking of guns, i'm about to get the P90... it seems like it would be more fitting as the final machine gun than the vector is, with how it was the best gun in the original game and all, but at least it's still extremely fast and powerful.

Spoony_Tech

Yeah those were some good games Romulux RDB. The players are getting better in this game now. Did better at goldeneye mode tonight then the other night but then the competition might not have been good who knows. I took a different approach this time instead of just guarding one I went between two different ones to protect. We had some good teams that would actually protect you if they seen you hacking the hub. Still its my second favorite mode after team combat.

Yeah it was to bad ltk didn't work. Wanted to at least try that one again.

@RantingTheSpain sorry about just a couple. I wanted to take a break from goldeneye mode just to do a few with you me and RDB before I called it a night. I don't know what time it was where you guys were but it was 2am here and that should be my limit. However I do usually say one more and end up sometimes to 3am.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

SMEXIZELDAMAN

I love goldeneye mode dude. I'm really pro at interrupting the enemies from capturing them. I got my trusty n00b t00b and when more than one enemy is capturing they all get blown to bits!

Check out SUBLIME GAMER, my YouTube Channel
God loves you

Spoony_Tech

Going on for just an hour. Come and join me if you would please. No one else is on.

MERG said:

irken004

SUPERZELDAMAN wrote:

I'm really pro at interrupting the enemies from capturing them. I got my trusty n00b t00b and when more than one enemy is capturing they all get blown to bits!

He's right...

Edited on by irken004

Spoony_Tech

I lost so much experience from host drops tonight it wasn't even funny.

MERG said:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.