Forums

Topic: GoldenEye 007 (Wii) Match-ups

Posts 5,641 to 5,660 of 10,277

Chris720

It's actually felt quite nice to rant my face off. Now for more, because I really am ticked off with this games controls/camera:

The disgraceful lag, the horrendous leveling system, the down right awful controls and the deathly camera ruin this otherwise perfect game. I don't want to rant this whole post off, but I need to know what Eurocom were playing at when they made this turd of an online experience. Now for the nail in the coffin, its probably worse than... SSBB, oh yeah, I went there.

Edited on by Chris720

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

RDB

RDB wrote:

xDemon720x wrote:

I'm not moaning about GE anymore...

HA!!! That'll be the day!

Well, it certainly didn't take long to prove this... Demon!

[RDB]
Console Code - 3252 3655 0847 4313
Goldeneye FC 2497 8891 1365
skype - ryan.buckenmeyer
YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/ryanbuckenmeyer
[Wii] Clan - http://gerwiiclan.webs.com/

romulux

i will not rest until i've outcomplained you, demon!

xDemon720x wrote:

Omg, this lag really does take the biscuit... and if its not the lag, its the controls, bloody camera does NOT move...

to be fair i was hosting with my crappy connection... again. the cursor is so sluggish when hosting that it was hard to aim, i don't know how it was running for you and matt. i had a few camera freezes too, one really bad one where even halfway across the screen it wouldn't turn.

i think the controls are excellent aside from that, do you really hate the controls or just hate the glitches? the only thing i'd change is making the minimum dead zones smaller. the thing that's bugging me most lately is the stupid lack of collision detection on enemies. i don't know how many times i died today because a guy ran right through me and i couldn't find where he went.

no spawners all day too. i took it as free license to proxy spam and use the masterton again and i don't like that gun one bit, people have to really get on my nerves to make me use it! it sucked how often they won but it was satisfying just tracking them down and destroying them for the whole match, it almost felt like farming at times... that no-spawn strategy really backfired on them.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

ForeverWar

have any of you played against/ with me before?

F.C. 3910-5085-3847

Chris720

romulux wrote:

i will not rest until i've outcomplained you, demon!

xDemon720x wrote:

Omg, this lag really does take the biscuit... and if its not the lag, its the controls, bloody camera does NOT move...

to be fair i was hosting with my crappy connection... again. the cursor is so sluggish when hosting that it was hard to aim, i don't know how it was running for you and matt. i had a few camera freezes too, one really bad one where even halfway across the screen it wouldn't turn.

i think the controls are excellent aside from that, do you really hate the controls or just hate the glitches? the only thing i'd change is making the minimum dead zones smaller. the thing that's bugging me most lately is the stupid lack of collision detection on enemies. i don't know how many times i died today because a guy ran right through me and i couldn't find where he went.

no spawners all day too. i took it as free license to proxy spam and use the masterton again and i don't like that gun one bit, people have to really get on my nerves to make me use it! it sucked how often they won but it was satisfying just tracking them down and destroying them for the whole match, it almost felt like farming at times... that no-spawn strategy really backfired on them.

Get some better host quality fool! I think mine was a little better than yours, by how you explained it, but the amount of camera freezes, cursor freezes and whacked up control stick was insane! I'm going left, it glitches and I suddenly turn around and go back down the hallway, I get back into control and I walk into some dudes little gun. I then shoot this dude he goes around a corner, I go around the corner, camera freezes, bing, dead.

What peeved me off the most was I ran around a corner to get away from the fire and when I'm half way around the corner, I die. I mean wtf? I can't shoot you through the wall, but you can?! BS!

The amount of swearing I did at my controller because my cursor/camera would not bloody well move, its like taking control of a half tonne lorry and the controls are just non-existent. And the amount of times it froze in the middle of a battle was ridiculous, it was like playing with a handicap.

Just why couldn't they not have made it as smooth as Conduit 2's? C2's is as smooth as melted butter, this is smooth then jolts into jaggid steel, it's either one or the other Eurocom. I just wish they tested this more extensively to be honest, the amount of glitches, poor map design (Docks and it's bloody boat room) and freezing controls is just unbelievable.

Edited on by Chris720

YouTube

NiteWingX

NLForeverWar wrote:

Yes i have your lvl like 54 or something? i added you

Goldeneye FC: 178244536237. NiteWing[SD] Level:56!.

romulux

xDemon720x wrote:

the amount of camera freezes, cursor freezes and whacked up control stick was insane!

i've noticed that the better the connection is the less those spasms happen. i also see that the game keeps picking me to host which means your connection must be worse than mine, which probably explains why you're having so much trouble. i can barely get it to run with what i've got! does your connection have any room for improvement? getting the router closer, finding the best wireless channel or raising the MTU value to 1500 can help a good amount.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Chris720

I don't know what else I can do to be honest, I've done all of that.

On a brighter note, I unlocked the Strata and got a 32 killstreak with Bondy. Maybe this game ain't so bad after all. Good games Dan Druff, you're a good host, until it loses connection.

YouTube

Dizzy_Boy

@ demon, yeah, that facility one froze on me. which was annoying because we had (well you really) a good win streak going.
also, i`ve never seen anybody keep hold of a hero for quite that long, especially with a 32, damn your good.
lastly, if i`m hosting, i usually stick around until everybody has had enough. my connections pretty good for the most part, so we should be able to get plenty of matches in.

Edited on by Dizzy_Boy

Dizzy_Boy

Twitter:

Chris720

also, i`ve never seen anybody keep hold of a hero for quite that long, especially with a 32, damn your good.
Correction: Damn I'm a camper.
Our opponents were stupid enough to walk into my fire, so I might as well setup shop behind a crate and shoot at any idiots that come my way.

I think I stole a few of your kills too, sorry about that dude. And sorry about leaving after that game in Sewers, I hate that map with a passion, its so dark you can't see for crap! And the Masterton spam was driving me crazy... why must everyone resort to Mastertons and proxies?! D:

Edited on by Chris720

YouTube

Dizzy_Boy

agreed, the sewer one is too dark. i try to keep in the top tier hallways because that`s were most of the light is, and most others seem to go there anyway.
and nothing wrong with camping on the docks, most of my kills initialy came snipering from the boat room anyway.
besides, you shouldn`t feel the need to apologize for stealing kills, as far as i see it, if you can get the kill, go for it.

Edited on by Dizzy_Boy

Dizzy_Boy

Twitter:

Chris720

I try to do that, but even then it's still quite dark. The guns seem to just blend in with the map and enemies are almost impossible to distinguish from the background since they both blend in so well. If it had more lights then Sewer would be better, but as it stands, it's one of the worst maps to play on. And to be honest, I can't even call Sewers a map, it's too horrendous to play on and the layout is all over the show.

Also, has anyone noticed that on the darker maps, there's a whole lot more stuff for you to walk into, I swear I got stuck on something in Memorial, junk just litters the whole joint.

YouTube

Matthias

Ey demon sry it didnt work i was playing with two clan members abd so i coulnt join u

Wii friendcodes
Monster hunter tri: 78L7K3
clan: http://mh3kingdom.wiiforumzone.com/forum
Goldeneye: 1215-8451-1729 If you are dutch then join this clan
http://n-agents.forumactief.com/
Mario kart: 2794-1914-3399

Chris720

Oh, okay, no prob.

So I've been playin' around with the Strata, and my conclusion is... this rocks everybody's ass! But the Terralite owns me like crazy, it's either I die or we both die. Also, I seem to be targeted a LOT more now I have the Strata, thankfully with my new baby I can get a some what good streak going without worrying too much about death's.

Found Arcanine again... this dude is worse than an unlucky coin. Thankfully I spawned on his team, unfortunately for Dan Druff, he had to deal with the crap load of wape from both me and Arcanine, lol.

He has a weird strategy too... camp, throw proxy, run, camp, throw proxy, run around like a nutter until he dies, rinse and repeat. Pretty pathetic to be honest, especially since he goes to all the same locations to camp and throw his proxies. He also never spawned as the hero, not even once. And at one point, I was killing this dude, I had to reload, he punches me in the back and steals my kill... well fudge you, sir!

YouTube

-HD-

NLForeverWar wrote:

yep last week or so in heroes.... you were winning EVERY face-off with me til I picked up bond's strata off the floor, lol

plus i added your FC weeks ago

Edited on by -HD-

GoldenEye: 0045 4022 5167 [N] HD [L]
"I will kill you, commit suicide, and kill you again"
<Youtube> -- <Dope16.com Rap/Beat Battles> --

Matt96

-HD- wrote:

NLForeverWar wrote:

yep last week or so in heroes.... you were winning EVERY face-off with me til I picked up bond's strata off the floor, lol

Bond doesn't have a strata, he has an anova with acog scope and a silenced p99

New Goldeneye wii code:4885 9182 2486
3DS friend code (let me know if you add me): 1246-8768-4585

Chris720

Randomness is so awesome:
Bond+ has an Ivana and a Hawksman.
Ouromov+ has Kallos and a P99
Janus+ has an Strata and a Kunara V
Zukovsky+ has... oh, he's the exact same, he has the strongest weapons in his class. :3

Which reminds me, there is no Hero with a Sniper... I really wish there was though. Pavlova + Hero abilities + Remote Trigger Mines. :3

I might head on for a bit too, I want to play with this Strata. :3

Edited on by Chris720

YouTube

-HD-

Matt96 wrote:

-HD- wrote:

NLForeverWar wrote:

Bond doesn't have a strata, he has an anova with acog scope and a silenced p99

opps....i know that... and actually meant to type that. I've just shamed my family

btw.. screw you demonic, lol

Edited on by -HD-

GoldenEye: 0045 4022 5167 [N] HD [L]
"I will kill you, commit suicide, and kill you again"
<Youtube> -- <Dope16.com Rap/Beat Battles> --

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.