Forums

Topic: GoldenEye 007 (Wii) Match-ups

Posts 3,941 to 3,960 of 10,277

romulux

lifesavedave wrote:

Just got the Gambit! Man does this thing zoom in close. The sound of this gun is also easily my favorite of all the snipers.

congratulations on another level up, your impressions of it sound a lot like mine when i first unlocked it... wait another few days and you'll hate it! the zoom on it sucks so much, even at long range it's hard to keep people in your scope. by the time i finished the xp i couldn't stand it anymore, it's great going back to the toros. word of warning- you can't kill trevelyan in one shot with it unless you go for the head.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Hosenkloft

[quote=Tech101]

Hosenkloft wrote:

Feel free to do so as long as you don't hack!

i hate hackers so much they ruin the game
why cant people just play as it was intended. anywho i am on mi wii right now
i also have black ops at the moment if anyone want to play.
ill play anything hit me up

Edited on by Hosenkloft

Name is billy nice to meet you. :P
Nintendo wii code is:0788-4117-2611-0435
Goldeneye FC:4068-6613-6833
Who wants to play then?

Hosenkloft

Black ops fc is5467-6308-0254
i know this is goldeneye thread.
id rather play that but just wanna play online. oh and i also have 360 but thats out of the question i havnt played it in like a month

Name is billy nice to meet you. :P
Nintendo wii code is:0788-4117-2611-0435
Goldeneye FC:4068-6613-6833
Who wants to play then?

grenworthshero

I didn't play very long today; I got fed up with my horrible playing tonight. I'll probably be back on later.
Holy crap, romulux, that match in the outpost, you killed me 12 of the 14 times I died. The other two were by a noobtuber on your team, who didn't last very long face-to-face. After that match RDB and I had a match in the sewers during which one guy seemed intent to only stay in one spot on the map the entire game. Without fail, he returned to that spot, every time he died. Unfortunately I was sucking and I was using the Toros, so he tore me apart from across the map every time I tried to get to him.

PSN ID: grenworthshero
Steam: grenworthshero
WiiU: grenworthshero
YouTube--backloggery--tumblr--

Nintendo Network ID: grenworthshero

RDB

Wow, ge has been really boring lately... TC was ridiculously easy tonight! Seems like lots of newbs just standing out in the open waiting to get shot... like next to the middle tower in outpost, kind of behind a barrier. How long do you really think you're going to survive in that spot??? C'mon, really. Maybe I lost a bit of my addiction with my 5 days off??? On a side note, I cranked up the speed again on the controls. I figured it was a good time having missed a few days, but now it's fast enough that the screen is actually blurry when I turn quickly... so yea, that sucks. I get shot a lot by peeps I should've seen.

@viper, good to see you back again. It's hilarious that you are running around the sewers with a toros! That takes big balls! But you certainly weren't making it any easier on yourself using that after not playing for a while.

@hosenkloft, I'll get you added the next time I'm on.

It may be a few days before I'm back on. I have my daughter's b-day party on Sunday and I'm making a 15ft cardboard pirate ship between now and then. Good stuff.

Edited on by RDB

[RDB]
Console Code - 3252 3655 0847 4313
Goldeneye FC 2497 8891 1365
skype - ryan.buckenmeyer
YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/ryanbuckenmeyer
[Wii] Clan - http://gerwiiclan.webs.com/

grenworthshero

@RDB
...and yet, I still ended up #1 out of everyone on my team that match... You're right about the people just camping in stupid spots, and just overall not-very-good players on tonight. It was definitely hard coming back after so long using the Toros, especially when I cranked up the speed on my settings the last time I played, so I didn't have quite enough time to get used to it. Even when I switched to the Terralite for some matches I didn't manage to get nearly as many headshots, and, going up against a lot of people level 35 and above, I didn't last very long.

DrewDS

@ NLTech and Ultima... sorry about not responding to your invites my clan has a matchup tomorrow w/ the RS clan so we kind of getting ready for it. I was also in the middle of a match when you sent them. We tried joining some of your games but there was never 4 spots open to fill.

It also sucks cause I can't tell you what I'm doing. You guys should at LEAST get a chat or something. We use skype so we talk real time. You should really look into getting skype for some of your players because it REALLY improves team play. For instance... if we have a sniper I can communicate with him to snipe heros or people... and also he can tell me where people are. You guys can also come in our chat on our site if you want to match up or play together we usually in it if we online.

On another note... I started using the Acog on the Strata and think I prefer it to the reflex (Which is surprising)... I definitely prefer it to the laser. I feel its better for not only long distance shots but even hip fire which I didn't expect. Anyway we'll see you around GG last night.

As a man thinketh so is he...
FC: 3468-3854-4569 [GE]

grenworthshero

We have a tiny chat set up to use, but most of us don't use it anyway. My computer is upstairs and my Wii is downstairs, so it does me no good. I think a lot of us have the same problem.

DSMaxPower

Hello members of the NL clan. I am [DS]MaxPower and have faced off against your clan a few time which usually doesn't end well for me. Anyway, I currently use the CCP and know that your clan is pretty much exclusively Wiimote users. I was wondering if you could perhaps share your settings so I can get some insight. I have a secondary profile which I have been practicing with the Wiimote on to try to get some confortable settings for myself. Thanks for any insight you can give.

DSMaxPower

Spoony_Tech

Rorylee wrote:

I use the nuchuck w/remote. Bought the game with the gold classic controller but have not used it except for virtual console games. I've got the wii on release day and have not had a problem with it except when I play Bond or go on the virtual console it will usually freeze up. I found this site for anyone who needs a good control scheme.
www.gamespot.com/wii/adventure/goldeneye007/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-57031340&pid=997757
Sorry but I don't know how to send links. I tried this today and really like the way it works.

@dsmaxpower It took me a while but I found this link in our backlog. I used thi for a while and believe its a good starting point. Once you get use to this up the setting even more. Some times I would just bump the settings one notch before I go online and really wouldn't notice much of a difference. Ill see if I can find romulux's settings but his are even faster.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

romulux

i can post the settings i'm using now if anyone still wants to experiment, they're a little better.

ultima, those guys in goldeneye were aholes. they didn't really hack any satellites and just camped behind a box or something and killed me every time i went for one, it usually seemed like that one jason guy killed me no matter what satellite i went to. i was kind of mad we lost to them in that first one. and to think, i wasn't using proxies on them at the start as a courtesy.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Spoony_Tech

romulux wrote:

by the way, for you guys wanting to try out different settings i snapped some crappy pictures of my setup-

Untitled
dead zone: 10x10
maximum turn zone: 42 vertical, 55 horizontal

Untitled
dead zone: 10x10
maximum turn zone: 85 vertical, 97 horizontal

all the auto aim/downsight snap type stuff is off and the camera control is manual on both x and y axis. that's the product of a few months of OCD tweaking and i think it's finally perfect, but be warned it is fast.

Here's roms!!

@romulux I don't think he is ready for your new settings yet. I'm not ready for your new settings yet lol.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

RDB

@rom... wow, after seeing those settings again, I'm shocked. I have faster turn rate, but much slower sensitivity. I don't know how you manage with it set so high??? Dead zone the same, but your max turn zone is much smaller on normal view. Why did you make it so small?

@tech, not sure anyone is ready for his crazy fast settings...
edit: what's with the rosy-cheeked baby zelda avatar?

@drewds, almost every time I'm playing I'm on the chat listed in my sig. You're welcome to check it out whenever. Lifesave is in there quite a bit too. Not many others though. I wish more were in there so we could get strategy and all, but some people can't b/c of computer placement/only mobile phone access/wives making drinks and dominating the computer (rory )/etc...

Edited on by RDB

[RDB]
Console Code - 3252 3655 0847 4313
Goldeneye FC 2497 8891 1365
skype - ryan.buckenmeyer
YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/ryanbuckenmeyer
[Wii] Clan - http://gerwiiclan.webs.com/

Spoony_Tech

@rdb Its not zelda its LINK!!

MERG said:

DSMaxPower

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'll be sure to give those settings a shot the next time I play and see if they're comfortable for me. I've always been the type of gamer who adjusts the settings to match those better than me and then adjust as I go rather than just slowly ramping them up.

DSMaxPower

lifesavedave

Hello maxpower. Great first post! I think we're going to get some good information talking about our different setups. I recommend starting on preset 3 and then go to custom and change the deadzone to 10x10 on both ads and cursor. Then slowly start to decrease the max turning point. Play a couple games then decrease it alittle, then a couple more games, and continue. Just jumping into the settings posted are very fast and your going to be very frustrated trying to play with those settings. But if you slowly increase, even just a few clicks every other game, you more than likely will not even notice the changes. All of the other cursors you can then tweek as you get more comfortable and have a feeling for what you want. You'll soon want to be able to turn around faster so you can then give those sliders a few clicks and see how it goes.

My max turning point is 67x67 horizontal. Whats funny is i remember trying those settings and i was like nope and switched them back. Now my cursor settings are very close to those. I will say my ads settings apart from deadzone and max turning point are double what are in roms pictures. I think having wicked fast ads turn speed has helped me with sniping and moving from one person to the next while ads'ing. Like when i'm trying to kill multiple people with the masterton while in ads. Ifeel i can quickly move from one person to the next and rack up those double and triple kills. I'll try to take some pictures for everybody.

Side note i've noticed that i play much better when i'm using a 27" tube tv at work and i feel i play the worst when i use the 60" tv at work. Then my 47 at home is in the middle. Could this have to do with how much i have to move the wii mote? Is it different for the different size tv you play on? Meaning i have to move the wiimote less on the smaller tv which is why i do so well on it and do worse on the big tv because i have to move the wiimote more causing me to be slower overall? Or does the tv size have nothing to do with it and it depends more on how close you are to the sensor. I'm closest to the sensor on the small tv for sure and then further away on the big tv.

edit @ rdb i agree the compitition last night was pretty lame. Especially those level 5 and 7 i think people that we were playing against. On one stage they both had a combined score of 0/19. I remember on sewers i started with the masterton and got a few kills then i switched to the kunara then i just started punching everybody. They weren't even firing back. Thinking back i should have been hip firing the gambit on that stage. By the way did you give the gambit a test run on memorial after i left it for you? What did you think? Your a much better sniper than i am so maybe you did well with it. I can't hit anything with it.

Edited on by lifesavedave

"you NL guys seem to be all for close ranged turkey shoots all moving at max speed doing a graceful dance of death around the enemy."
goldeneye 4770-1803-5463

Chris720

I want to see Rom's "new" settings. Mine are all maxed out and its lovely turning around rather fast, unfortunately, ADsing can be a pain in the backside because it twitches at the slightest movement which can get rather annoying.

Edit: What I've also noticed, compared to other FPS's, you have to increase the bar to increase the speed, where as, in CoD you decrease the bar to increase the speed.

Edited on by Chris720

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

ultima6605

@NL okay where do i begin... i just read the post about me host quitting i thought it was hilarious only because i'm never the host and even if i was i would take a loss just check out my wins and loss record. i dont remember even playing a game with that william person since i play so many freakin matches but i did play some archives today and did quit but only because i had something to do or honestly because it was really boring playing against noobs all time i quit matches to look for high lvl players for the challenge.i did get kinda upset when he wrote that but whatever ill let it go hes a nobody not important so i wanna say thank you to all who defended me tech,lifesaver,nerrel sandlash*and elza i really appreciated just know i would do the same for you ppl.

@rom srry i left after the 2nd match of goldeneye but i was on all this morning so i wanted to take a break its funny i was about to sign off but then you came online so i decided to stay atleast for a couple of games. and is that your control settings? because mines are almost exactly like that except i have ads cursor maxed out and for the other cursor its just a tiny bit less.

Edited on by ultima6605

goldeneye- NEW FC:1978-6954-7606
skype-ultima6605

ultima6605

@lifersaver i definitely have that same problem on my big tv i suck cant seem to hit any targets but on my smaller tv i play awesome because iam so close to the sensor but on my big tv thats downstairs i play further away from the sensor so yea its not the tv its the sensor.

goldeneye- NEW FC:1978-6954-7606
skype-ultima6605

Lun

woooooow, that heros match with Ultima and Matt96 got f-ed up. At 119 someone awnsers the cordless phone between my cisco wireless router and my wii. ffffffffffuuuuuuccckkkk!

Lun

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.