Forums

Topic: Your 2024 gaming resolution plans?

Posts 21 to 40 of 46

CaleBoi25

Resolutions:
Play a greater variety of games
Beat at least one game 100%
Beat TotK (I haven't even gone to the Regional Phenomena, because, yes, I do need to make a hot air balloon for Mattison, thank you very much [i.e. I love side quests too much])
Play more games with people in person (so not Splatoon lol)
Play more board/card games, not just electronic

Edited on by CaleBoi25

SplatComp

Don't tell the me moon is shining;
show me the glint of light on broken glass.
-Anton Chekhov

Sorry, I can't stop changing my PFP!

Switch Friend Code: SW-3225-4369-7994 | My Nintendo: CaleBoi25

LinkxPeach

I’m looking forward to playing Octopath Traveler, Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth Complete Edition, and Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

Nintendo 3DS’s friend code:
4012-5835-9928

Nintendo Switch’s friend code:
SW-0178-5632-1227

https://lxpgaming.blog/

skywake

I finally have a PC under my TV that's both decent enough and, more importantly, comfortable enough (i.e. not loud or hot) that I feel I'll start to get more into PC gaming again. And not just Civ/Cities Skylines/Beat Sabre. Also the Switch is starting to wind down so I'm on-top of the games I have on there with not many more titles on the horizon. So I expect I'll dive a bit more into my PC backlog this year

If course if/when Nintendo drops the Switch 2 all those plans go in the bin

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Riku3456

Besides if a switch 2 comes out with games in 2024(which I believe it will) i still have 2023 games on switch to get through 😂 .

I just got fire emblem engage, bayonetta origins, and Mario wonder. So those are first. Then I will get star ocean 2 and likely octopath traveler 2. Will also get paper Mario ttyd as well.

As for other games in my backlog besides switch online retro games, I still have to play some of the games in the Megaman battle network collection. Think I will do part 4 red sun on it since I beat blue moon on gba a long time ago.

As for other games on other systems, I got to still beat bravely default 1 on 3ds(not liking the game much but I should finish it. Also why I didn’t buy other bravely default games as they are worse to me) and I also got to finish zero time dilemma as I should have done it this year. Lol. Play blazblue 3(I have part 4 on switch as well) on PS3 and drakengard 3 on it as well. Maybe if I am lucky then I can finish tokyo mirage sessions on the Wii U and Xenoblade x but I am holding off on those since tokyo mirage is on switch and I would rather wait for a remaster of Xenoblade x in a switch 2 since monolith says a remaster or port of it is unlikely on switch 1. Whew 😅. Got a lot cut out for me but it doesn’t look like a lot of games that are a must buy for me is coming out in 2024. But it’s still early 🤷‍♀️. I guess a potential February direct can change my plans. Lol

Riku3456

imadeanaccount

I really want to get into the Trails series. I want to start with Trails from Zero (people have warned me not to start with this game, but I'm doing it anyway), play Azure, and then if I liked them I might play the Sky games.

From an outsider's perspective Trails' biggest fans are the same people who tell me not to play the games, "Oh you need to play the entire Sky trilogy to enjoy this one game!!"

imadeanaccount

SwitchForce

@Link-Hero
Nothing wrong it's just how life throws a curve balls for the rest of us whom just like to just have fun gaming. And backlogs just makes the stress of keeping up with games and I find out how do I do those moves again when going back to backlogs gameplay. That's the part the frustrates me the most forgetting the buttons game plays.

SwitchForce

OldManHermit

I am certainly resolute in my plans to continue to play games in 2024

Edited on by OldManHermit

OldManHermit

FishyS

For some reason I barely played RPGs in 2023 (I started a couple but only at the very end of the year) so I plan to get a few of those off my backlog. Besides that and playing the Peach game, I have no real plans.

I bought more games near-full-price in 2023 than I usually do, so I'd like to avoid that and save a bit of money, but of course if Switch 2 comes out It's probably a lost cause.

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

Nintoz

Apart from just general backlog stuff I would like to start getting into some indie games!
In fact I started this morning with Cuphead and I'm really enjoying it so far. I would also like to try Undertale, Hollow Knight and Celeste at some points in the new year!

Nintoz

gcunit

No real intention to make any particular commitments, just keep playing whatever I feel like playing. But it would be nice to spend less on hardware this year; I've bought too many OLED Switches - I now have the Splatoon 3, Pokémon SV, White, TotK (x2) and Mario Red (Nintendo, please don't release a Metroid Prime 4 Edition OLED, but if you do, make it a really cool one).

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

rallydefault

The usual: beat my backlog before buying new stuff.

And so far, I'm doing pretty darn well with it. Used my holiday break to finally go back and put another 30ish hours into Bravely Default II to beat it (really awesome JRPG, though far from my favorite).

I've tamed my backlog down to just three games in my collection that I haven't finished:

• Dark Souls (I just hate the sluggish movement...ugh... can't get over it, especially after playing Bayonetta 3)
  • Disgaea 5 (got it at launch...thought it was gonna be like FF Tactics... it's not, really...don't love it)
  • Xenoblade 2 (so massive... overwhelming...but I'm gonna do it! might just give it a fresh start at this point)

And when I pay off a house project that's almost finished, I've promised myself that I'm finally going to buy myself a themed Switch to kind of squirrel away/have as a backup. I've never been someone to own more than one of a console, but this console has been my favorite of all time, and as a Nintendo fan my whole life, I want to make sure I have a nice one for the future.

rallydefault

FishyS

gcunit wrote:

But it would be nice to spend less on hardware this year

rip spending less on hardware if a new console comes out.

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

gcunit

@FishyS I must have spent £1000+ in 2023 buying OLED Switches. One new console won't be half that, so I've got some headroom to play with.

But there'll need to be at least one killer app to make me buy a new platform in 2024 (that's what I'm telling myself currently anyway).

Switch 03/03/2017 was a special moment because it was the first hybrid, launching with Breath of the Wild. I am not expecting Nintendo to be able to top that or even get close next gen, so with an existing library to sustain me for 10-20 years, I feel I can resist the lure of new shiny for a little while. I'll be more interested in completing my Switch collection.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

TheBigBlue

Spend more money on video games

Wait, why do we need a signature? Eh, I don’t know. Here’s your signature.

CANOEberry

Happy Gregorian New Year to all!

As a lapsed gamer who returned to the hobby fairly recently, I've been trying (for years now) simply to appreciate all that has come since the Atari days, and all that we have as a community, which often sends me looking back toward the roots of gaming.

In that vein, I have a serious question. Which of the following two outcomes is likely to happen first?:

• I, a motivated person and student of languages, learn enough Japanese to play Shin Megami Tensei 1 and 2 via the SFC originals.
  • Atlus finally releases an English-language localization of these damned games.

I'm aware of option #3 (existing fan translations), but I'd rather not go that route.

I think my New Year's Resolution is mainly to be grateful for the breadth of fun and experiences that gaming offers... you know, when it actually is offered to us...

CANOEberry

CANOEberry

Fizza wrote:

Last year was a pretty great one in terms of me trying out stuff I had never given a chance before [...] I'm going to try (emphasis on 'try') and make my way through (almost) EVERY SINGLE ENTRY in each of the following series:

• Metroid (both 2D and 3D)
  • Classic Mega Man (i.e. 7-11 as I just beat 1-6 this year)
  • No More Heroes
  • Paper Mario

[...]

Fellow gamer, I like where you're generally headed with all this, and I'm hoping to try new things myself, but I'm wondering why you are determined to complete entire series in this linear, compressed way.

When I first played through some of the games you're listing, they rather... made an impression. Some of them hit like bombs - I was dazzled and even stunned, both in terms of being impressed, and in needing time to "recover". I find that good games really, really "live" with me; they kind of "grow" in the brain/memory and develop as I do. I would not have been ready to play - to appreciate - Dragon Quest III within a year of DQ 1 or 2. I needed some time to recover from my Samus' time underground on SR388. (... and I always found that Lego gets stuck in my mangy fur.)

I'm not trying to tell you how to enjoy this hobby; if it works for you, then it works. I'm just saying that I get a lot of "mileage" in letting things "sit" for a while, and I find that my attachment to and enjoyment of these series grows with a bit of time. That being said, I'm really fascinated by your experience of playing through MM 1-6 in so short a time - how did you find that?

CANOEberry

Artonide

Just playing on the nintendo system. Have a huge backlog, but want to finish alot of them. Right now im getting into splatoon 3, and want to finish mario Wonder.

SW-4796-1687-6967
Play mostly everything. 😊

Ryu_Niiyama

I’m going to try to work down my wishlist. I’m tired of it yelling at me. Other than that focus on closing out my xbox one and ps4 libraries.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Sammy_Belmont

We love katamari Reroll, Alan wake 2, and Final fantasy 16 will be the start of the year. After that work down the backlog, I still have GOW Ragnarok, Star ocean, Spider-Man 2, and Super Mario RPG to check out.

Sammy_Belmont

Fizza

@CANOEberry It's mainly because they're series I've had my eye on for many, MANY years at this point (i.e. am already well familiar with) and, being a pretty analytical person by heart, I find it immensely fun to compare and contrast different entries in the same series as I go through them. Maybe it's just because I grew up watching game review channels but I find it to be deeply relaxing and a great distraction from the everyday going-ons of life. It also helps that I tend to have quite a bit of free time to do it XD

Also my stretch through MM1-6 wasn't as lightning fast as you'd think; I played through the first 3 in January alone, left the series alone for the until around about July and then played each of the remaining entries featured in Legacy Collection 1 every other month. Mega Man games are very short too so they're nice ones to get out of the way in between larger games (as a matter of fact, I'm just about to start MM7 today XD).

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Mega Man 11 (Switch)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic