Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Posts 2,981 to 3,000 of 3,602

EvilLucario

Well an easy way to do the quest was to control Mythra and right as Lora Breaks an enemy, swap to Addam to initiate Topple. Then spam his Talent Art to extend the Topple to ludicrous lengths, then as you get to swap to Mythra again, use his Launch Art then swap to Mythra for Smash.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Trajan

Yeah I controlled Addam. Had Lora and Jin do. Break and topple, and I did launch and smash.

Same as they do when I'm normally playing.

Lol I didn't know Lora could smash. Must have missed that.

I love how easy driver combos are in this game.

Sakurai: Which is why I think we should forget about console wars and focus on what’s really important: enjoying the games themselves.

"If we did this (mobile games), Nintendo would cease to be Nintendo." - Iwata

AndyD

So I am starting a fresh game run through (yes I deleted my previous save), and I now have all the special download content which includes all the CRYSTALS they gave away since last December because of the season pass. Does anyone know what the best way or when is the best time during the game to try to use the Legendary crystals? I don't want to waste them.

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog
Switch:Minecraft Dungeons,Borderlands 2,ACNH

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

EvilLucario

@scubydo Just use them asap so you get the most Rare Blades possible early. It's easy to farm Legendary Core Crystals later on anyway.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

SKTTR

EvilLucario wrote:

@scubydo Just use them asap so you get the most Rare Blades possible early. It's easy to farm Legendary Core Crystals later on anyway.

I'd use them last. Yeah, the chances are higher for a rare blade but common crystals also give plenty rare blades early on.

So I'd use as many common crystals as possible to unlock as many rare blades as possible. After that I'd use the rare and legendary crystals to bump up chances to get the last rares missing.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Grumblevolcano

@EvilLucario Any tips for the last 2 golden unique monsters? The Blant type enemy keeps using Life Force to heal itself and remove all orbs, the other one I don't have enough money to buy the info for it to appear.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

misanthrope

I just picked up my Torna physical copy on midnight release last night and damn, im so excited to be playing more Xenoblade.

They said they made a new engine for the game and my initial impression is wow. Now, I played the base game docked and thought it was great, though that was last year.. Torna really does just seem to run absolutely flawlessly and the grass in Gormott does seem more impressive like the developers say.

Does anyone have more recent experience with the base game to give their comparisons? I would like to see a DF video on this.

This game is just amazing me all over again that a device so small as the Switch can produce a game like this.

I cant wait to see Monolith Softs new title... and now that Torna is out, I hope they announce XBCX for Switch in the coming months.

Edited on by misanthrope

misanthrope

EvilLucario

@Grumblevolcano Sorry, don't have anything since I started NG+ and I didn't have a lot of time to play Torna.

JaxonH

I don't have anything scientific to offer, but having spent 150 hours in Xenoblade 2, the first thing I thought after starting Torna was "wow, this looks noticeably more realistic".

It's not that big a difference, and still has dynamic res and all that, but it does seem a cut above the base game.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

misanthrope

JaxonH wrote:

I don't have anything scientific to offer, but having spent 150 hours in Xenoblade 2, the first thing I thought after starting Torna was "wow, this looks noticeably more realistic".

It's not that big a difference, and still has dynamic res and all that, but it does seem a cut above the base game.

I wouldnt say more realistic.. but it just seems crisper and smoother... and the grass with the flowers looks awesome... I really can't be bothered to swap cartridges and do a comparison and I cant find any comparison videos online... But as soon as I finish Torna ima finally start my new game+ on the main game and see how it compares.

I am just so excited they are making advancements with their engine though because whatever that new RPG Monolith Soft is working on is, I know its going to blow our minds.

misanthrope

EvilLucario

The grass is better because Torna is using a new rendering engine.

Trajan

I think maybe the grass he was talking about comparing was between both titans in Torna. Even though Gormott in Torna looks more detailed I guess? The colors are different.

Looking at the grass, as in thr base game (and the first game) as you rotate your camera the grass follows your POV. Where as in Torna (the titan) it stays put and is fully 3d.

Sakurai: Which is why I think we should forget about console wars and focus on what’s really important: enjoying the games themselves.

Trajan

Anyone planning on playing again in the perfect order (Torna between chapter 7 and 8)? I still haven't beat Torna. I think I'm at the last stage. I'm level 64 lol.

I think I'll do NG+ then play in the perfect order.

misanthrope

Trajan wrote:

I think maybe the grass he was talking about comparing was between both titans in Torna. Even though Gormott in Torna looks more detailed I guess? The colors are different.

Looking at the grass, as in thr base game (and the first game) as you rotate your camera the grass follows your POV. Where as in Torna (the titan) it stays put and is fully 3d.

Oh wow.. I thought the grass was just more complex- higher density, better animation, more colorful textures... but it is 100% rendered differently.

misanthrope

Trajan

SPOILER question:

So Jin and Gramps end on a good note. So why in the beginning of the base game does Gramps say "Jin..still you persist"?

Trajan

I don't know. Why would Jin be a nffjd to Azurda though? Azurda was their dude.

Bigger question is, why would Jin side with Malos, when his girl was with him to fight Malos? And then yeah the Prætor... Who influenced how Malos was. I assume Jin didn't know this, but still...

I guess I need to play through them in order now...

Edited on by Eel

Cynas

I loved the Torna DLC. I think the cast of characters was better than the base game, the combat was further improved, and the sidequests actually felt like they had meaning. I'm currently doing New Game Plus of the base game, but I already basically 100% the Torna DLC so I'm not sure if I'll do New Game Plus there. The only thing I didn't do was kill the 4 golden monsters.

@Trajan Jin and Azurda definitely did not leave on good terms. At the end of the Torna DLC Jin basically says to him "The next time we meet we'll be enemies." As for why he joined up with Malos, I'm pretty sure it's because he lost faith in humanity after seeing that they were the ones that really destroyed Torna, not Malos. Amalthus sent people to kill any survivors and destroy what was left of the titan, including Lorna, and people didn't object to do it. Although I think specifically it was humans killing Lorna that caused him to go over the edge.

Edited on by Cynas

Cynas

Switch Friend Code: SW-5466-6715-6498

misanthrope

@Cynas I love the Torna expansion too, but I think the combat is a total mess as well as the character progression tied to it.... it completely conflicts with the systems the base game spent 100 hours establishing... can't say I'm surprised though. despite being one of the best RPG's ever, the worst parts about the game have always been systems and ideas too convoluted for its own good.

Like the merc quests, constantly swapping blades out for field tests, vaguely defined upgrades.. man oh man, the game is SO good but so many annoyances... but the combat, really was quite great... then here they go again complicating things til they dont make sense anymore.

misanthrope

Grumblevolcano

Just a warning, there's a bug with Torna where you sometimes don't get aux cores when fully completing Blade affinity charts. I just finished up Haze's affinity chart and didn't get Damage Heal VI.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Cynas

@misanthrope What exactly did you think was a total mess about the combat? Of anything I think it made the existing combat system slightly easier.

• Blade combos don't require a specific element order. You can choose the named specials for increased damage but if the AI refused to switch to the proper character for the combo you can still do a special like "Ice III", for example.
  • Elemental orbs now accumulate for each special and not just the final special of a blade combo. This makes chain attacks much easier to pull off.
  • The option of changing the Driver's weapon to swap elements is a nice touch to add some variety.
  • I think swapping out the driver/blade is a ton of fun. It's honestly not that different than changing blades in the base game but having a separate cooldown timer for switching Blades and the Driver makes for faster switching between characters. Also, having the extra attack when switching characters is a nice touch.
  • This ones more of a personal taste, but I like the tag team system much more. It gives more characters a chance in the spotlight and you get to hear them support each other when they switch out. Makes them feel like a real team and not just a blade standing in the background doing nothing when you fight.
  • The new Talent Arts were interesting, having a skill with a big benefit but also a consequence, but I honestly didn't use it much. The AI loved to use Addam's Talent Art though, which was nice because it extended the duration of a lot of my Driver Combos which made them easier to pull off.

Unless I'm forgetting something, everything else in combat was exactly the same.

As for character progression, how is it any different than before? More characters need to spend WP and there's support skills now but that's about it. The blade skill trees function the exact same way.

Cynas

Switch Friend Code: SW-5466-6715-6498

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic