Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Posts 2,961 to 2,980 of 3,602

EvilLucario

@Trajan I meant the latter. Honestly though, if we had more awesome-looking guys like Zeke, Addam, and Perceval to round out the ratio (I like Rex a lot but he doesn't give off the "awesome-looking" vibe at all), that would have been a bit better for everyone.

@Tsurii At the same time, it IS a standalone release so I don't mind. New Super Luigi U was $30 when that launched as a physical copy and it was $20 as DLC.

It is pretty much its own game anyway, so I find it perfectly fine.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Trajan

@EvilLucario Yeah I'm with you on Rex. His pants are silly. I remember getting his outfit in BOTW and thinking wtf?

Someone with Jin's style would have been better perhaps. Jin's my favorite guy in this game.

Sakurai: Which is why I think we should forget about console wars and focus on what’s really important: enjoying the games themselves.

"If we did this (mobile games), Nintendo would cease to be Nintendo." - Iwata

JaxonH

Wow, Torna is fantastic!

The graphics look better and it looks considerably better in handheld mode. I love the new battle system and how quick they are to just teach you how it works and let you at it.

This will surely stand toe to toe with the three main line releases as it's own entity. And stand tall and proud at that. This is just what I needed. Another game to try to pull me away from Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate. Final Fantasy XV Pocket was doing a perfectly good job of that on its own.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

EvilLucario

Just beat Torna in 15 hours! Damn that was good. There are a bit of problems, but overall it's a damn good worth. Very much a more condensed version of the base game, which is pretty great honestly.

Also comes with extra difficulty and NG+ after you beat it, so if you wish you can get your money's worth. There's also superbosses I haven't even tried to fight yet, so there's a lot more to do across the game for me.

I think by the time I 100% Torna, it'll be 30-40 hours, which is pretty dang awesome for a DLC.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

EvilLucario

@Tsurii Yes, it comes with Bringer of Chaos and Custom difficulty.

EvilLucario

@Tsurii Torna is super easy, I'd say even easier than 1 and 2 which were both also ridiculously easy games. Addam is literally one of the most OP things ever. Once you get Break off an enemy, you effectively win because he can just EXTEND DRIVER COMBOS WITH HIS TALENT ART ALMOST INFINITELY. This means you can have a super long Topple into a super long Launch. Absolutely ridiculous.

Also since Blade Combos and orbs are literally simplified even further, you can just spam switches, Arts, Specials, then swap again, then just do more damage without a care in the world. The balance is way in your own favor.

EvilLucario

@Tsurii True. Then again, most JRPGs are extremely easy when you know what you're doing, and I tend to blow through a lot of games fairly easily. Even Dark Souls and Hollow Knight I got through fairly comfortably and didn't find all that 'hard'.

jtmnm

Anyone figure out how to do a long rest in Torna? I need to change the tide.

jtmnm

Switch Friend Code: SW-4706-4065-3902 | Twitter:

EvilLucario

@jtmnm There's no tide changes as far as I'm aware. The only actual inn in Torna only gives you short rests.

jtmnm

@EvilLucario Disregard my concerns! Figured it out. Thanks anyway, boss!

Edited on by jtmnm

jtmnm

EvilLucario

@jtmnm Just fall in, there's an underpass that'll lead you to vines. In the base game that was the same deal too, you didn't need to change tide then.

Nvm. Still though, good luck for the rest.

Edited on by EvilLucario

jtmnm

Just beat it. That was an incredible ride. It grips you from beginning to end. A weekend well spent!

jtmnm

doomzelboy

just wondering what people think of all the fan service and, er, tiddies in this game

doomzelboy

Switch Friend Code: SW-4720-2478-4703 | My Nintendo: doomzelboy

EvilLucario

@doomzelboy Non-issue in the same way breakable weapons in BotW are a non-issue, overblown to death and a pretty lazy criticism of the game.

doomzelboy

I’m not criticising it, I don’t mind, but I can’t play it in front of my parents and people at colledge criticise me for it. Well hey are all sony ponies @EvilLucario

doomzelboy

Switch Friend Code: SW-4720-2478-4703 | My Nintendo: doomzelboy

EvilLucario

@doomzelboy Ah. Well Idk your situation but I play it at my own university and at home just fine. I've even managed to convince some people into picking up the game.

Still though, a lot of the complaints regarding it tends to be overblown pretty hard so I get a knee-jerk reaction against most of those complaints admittedly.

Ryu_Niiyama

Just got the expansion pass. I will need the battle theme to listen to at work. I got really nervous about addam (I literally groaned and started “please don’t tell me he is zeke 2.0) but he seems less annoying than prince wannabe badarse shonnen is. I swear this series is such a mixed bag because I don’t like half the characters... but the ones I do like I adore so there is that. I am hoping torna has a better story.

I can see the difference with the new engine though. Here is hoping that means plans for some new game are in place. MS tends to make a great game and then fall off the map for the rest of the gen. I am hoping for another RPG from them this gen.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

EvilLucario

Daddam :^]

Trajan

I like Zeke.... Addam is cool too, but I like Zeke more.

Jin is still GOAT.

20 hours in. Just did the quests after the meeting in the capitol.

This game has really blown me away for an expansion.

Sakurai: Which is why I think we should forget about console wars and focus on what’s really important: enjoying the games themselves.

"If we did this (mobile games), Nintendo would cease to be Nintendo." - Iwata

Grumblevolcano

@AlternateButtons Switching out Lora for Haze is the way to do it but it can be tricky because your teammates are clever so Addam switching with Mythra may activate the Smash before you do which doesn't count towards the total. You can't just remove Addam from your party either because he has the art with Launch.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic