Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Posts 2,941 to 2,960 of 3,601

Trajan

This sets the bar for DLC as far as I'm concerned.

MONOLITH did it again.

Sakurai: Which is why I think we should forget about console wars and focus on what’s really important: enjoying the games themselves.

"If we did this (mobile games), Nintendo would cease to be Nintendo." - Iwata

jtmnm

Just got through the first hour (more or less). To me, this expansion is shaping up to be better than the base game. I'm digging the more serious tone, as well as the music. Seems as if Monolith was trying to capture the atmosphere of a more old school JRPG. For anyone on the fence . . . do not miss this one.

jtmnm

Switch Friend Code: SW-4706-4065-3902 | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

Has anyone got their code for the items yet?

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Grumblevolcano

No way, they added named tombstones to the map in Torna, that being missing was annoying with the base game.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

YorkshireNed

So far, very impressed. DLC isn't the right term, it's a whole seperate game. Magnificent

http://www.wasistdas.co.uk

my website for krautrock, experimental, weird music

LzWinky

Maybe they should update the base game with some of these changes

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Trajan

This game is sooo good. I was worried about the new combat, but its so easy to do a driver combo now. I like it.

Sakurai: Which is why I think we should forget about console wars and focus on what’s really important: enjoying the games themselves.

Nehalem

@Trajan I read elsewhere it’s running on a new game engine and they said things should look better (although it’s an early version that probably uses similar assets). My biggest question is if the improvements are noticeable. I thought the xb2 was fine but I would especially hope portable is better. It was plenty of fun on portable but that sharpening filter they added to overcome the low resolution was certainly a step down from docked. Hopefully they improved it.

Nehalem

Trajan

@Nehalem that's the first I have heard of this. Source?

Trajan

@darkfenrir I thought it looked darker... Didn't do a side by side comparison though.

The grass in Gormott is still one dimensional and rotated with your camera. Helps with rendering. I'll check it out more tomorrow.

Now that I've had 10 hours with it, yeah I think I do like the combat more. It feels much faster and you can do more. Hell you can do an entire driver combo after the first "boss".

I have not tried it on handheld yet.

jtmnm

I wondered what XB2 would've looked like if MS dropped the fan service and adopted a more serious approach. This easily surpasses XB2's base game. The combat's flashier and more intuitive, the visuals improved, a smaller cast to focus the story on (over countless filler waifus)—I can go on.

My party's around 35; maybe 10 hours in. I'm going to play as much as I can this weekend. This game is awesome.

To follow Trajan on undocked performance, it's a significant upgrade. The resolution doesn't dip as much, and the FPS seem better. Those are my impressions, anyway.

Edited on by jtmnm

jtmnm

Switch Friend Code: SW-4706-4065-3902 | Twitter:

Trajan

I don't mind fan service, and I actually really like pyra. That being said, this being a smaller game, as well as it being an expansion on chapter 8 cut scenes, which were serious, is the reason for its only tone.

CroRock

I played XC2 a lot when it came out and never finished final boss. Now I’m thinking about purchasing Expansion Pass for Torna DLC..
Can someone confirm if I buy Expansion Pass, would I be able to play Torna without catrige inserted because it’s a stand alone game as I heared? I still have a game but it would be nice to play Torna without removing Monster Hunter GU catrige.

3DS - 2294 - 4578 - 7970
SW - 3371 - 1931 - 2042

EvilLucario

@CroRock The cartridge/digital standalone is the only way you can play it by itself. If you buy the ACTUAL DLC, you access the expansion from the main menu so you'll need the physical copy in your Switch to play it.

However, I believe if you buy the standalone digitally (which will cost you an extra $10) so you don't need the cartridge, you can get a code that will give you the rest of the DLC stuff, like Challenge Mode and the six extra Blades. Don't quote me on that though.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

bluemage1989

@jtmnm I really liked Pyra/Mythra as well in fact I liked almost all the characters with maybe the exception of Nia. Looking forward to some character expansion and hopefully a continuation in Xenoblade 3!!

bluemage1989

EvilLucario

@jtmnm It might have been a bit better since Takahashi is in uncharted territory for him going the direction Xenoblade 2 went and Torna is literally just another attempt at Xenogears Episode IV only much more smaller-scaled. He's well aware that stories like Xenogears and Xenoblade 1 were more popular, he just wanted to do something different with Xenoblade 2. So I don't really care for this game.

Despite that I liked everyone in 2 a lot. But Torna's characters are really good. Might be the best out of all the Xenoblade games and even beat Xenogears's characters.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

CroRock

@EvilLucario
Thanks for explanation. I think I’ll go with Expansion Pass then because it’s cheaper. Not only that but digital stand alone version will be much larger then 3GB dlc size probably.

3DS - 2294 - 4578 - 7970
SW - 3371 - 1931 - 2042

Trajan

@EvilLucario you dont care for xenoblade 2, or you don't care that there were attractive women in it?

Actually the grass in Torna doesn't rotate, but it does in Gormott. Weird. I guess he was saying compare Torna and Gormot in this game, not with the original.

Yeah I really like Jin and Lora. I don't view this expansion as an either or. It really is a game about the cutscenes we saw in the later chapters. People forget that the main game wasn't just Rex and Pyra's relationship. I mean Mythra's still there. I think her chest might be even bigger in this game. Lol

But I'm one of those guys who liked 2 more than 1.

Edited on by Trajan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic