Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Posts 2,921 to 2,940 of 3,984

JaxonH

@MFD
Was my last blade too. But of course, statistically even with a drastically lower base rate, some people will get her sooner by sheer luck. And that's why some people were like no, she is just as common as any other. But I knew better. 2 or 3 people getting her sooner versus entire threads of people saying she was the last or near the last... the random variation didn't add up

NOW PLAYING
NS: Tales of Vesperia, NSMBU, No More Heroes, Diablo 3, Dark Souls
Wii U: Fire Emblem 7 [GBA]
X1: Red Dead Redemption 2
GPD Win 2: Fire Emblem Path of Radiance
3DS/PS4/PSVR/Vita/PC/Rift: [nothing]

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

EvilLucario

Getting the S+ grind on currently. Got like 7-8 Blades at S+.

Also gonna need to grind out Tyrannotitan for 99999 SP, just to get the jumpstart when NG+ comes out.

Then I need to max out everyone's Idea levels so they can do more damage too. That'll mean opening more cores on everyone else but Zeke (who's level 10 at everything) lol. Oh boy.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

RunninBlue

Man, I was lucky. I got KOS-MOS about halfway/three-quarters through the game, I think. Pretty sure I was using a common core and pretty lowish luck stats too.

RunninBlue

Grumblevolcano

Only 4 days until New Game+.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Late

I was already searching for one couple of weeks ago but only came across other soundtracks I really need to buy at some point as well. Good to know it's coming. I'll take a look at the Deluxe CD first though I'm not a fan of Amazon. If the postage turns out to be too expensive, I'll buy the standard CD instead.

I programmed a simple tool that copies all Switch screenshots from an SD card and places them to folders according to the game:
Link

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

subpopz

@JaxonH I feel pretty good about getting her then. She was 2nd to last rare, pulled her from a rare core, 630ish luck and no boosters.
Just missing one rare now - Agate. Not done the game yet, just started the final chapter.

@AlternateButtons I farmed the unique boss Ravenwing Skull in Temperantia (I'm not sure what considered spoilers). Its easy to do a driver combo on (my party is level 74) and drops ton of rare and legendary cores, but keep in mind I also had gold chips on every blade in my party which helps the drop rate tremendously (gold chips can be farmed via driver combos from the 3 Zeoth Serprond mobs just south of Ravenwing Skull)

Is the season pass worth it? As I said above, I am not done the game yet, but when I looked at the season pass, it doesn't look like it gives $40 worth of content yet - a few quests and a handful of items. Am I missing something substantial? The NG+, new blades and everything in a couple days is a free update as far as I can tell.
Does anyone that have it think its worth it now or should I just wait until the new story part drops this fall?

Edited on by subpopz

Switch - Smash Ultimate, Mario Kart 8D, NES Online (Dr. Mario only)
3DS -
PC - The Witcher 3, Nier: Automata, Mortal Kombat XL

Switch FC : SW-1091-9839-4896

EvilLucario

@subpopz Don't buy the Season Pass until the story DLC comes out. Right now, you get some inconsequential items (except the Auto-Balancer, which is damn broken where you normally won't get one until Chapter 4) and 5 meh to terrible sidequests.

From what I remember, there's another Rare Blade that comes with the Season Pass, separate from the free NG+ Blades.

The challenge mode coming this summer sounds interesting, though. I felt like the superbosses in XC2 were much weaker than those in XC1 and XCX. That said, in both of those games you just needed a ton of preparation because of a ton of grind needed, so it evens out. I wouldn't purchase the Season Pass just for this, though.

That said, it's actually $30, not $40 (unless you live somewhere else like Canada or Australia).

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

subpopz

@EvilLucario Thanks, I just wanted confirm I wasn't missing something substantial as of now, so I'll wait until this fall and put that $40 on a new game instead (I am in Canada )

Switch - Smash Ultimate, Mario Kart 8D, NES Online (Dr. Mario only)
3DS -
PC - The Witcher 3, Nier: Automata, Mortal Kombat XL

Switch FC : SW-1091-9839-4896

Ryu_Niiyama

...I'm getting my panties handed to me me inside the church. Not sure if i should grind or pray (U-DO halp me).

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul. Let the drums fill you with FIRE! Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14 I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

EvilLucario

@Ryu_Niiyama I know the exact spot you're talking about. You don't need to grind, just equip Rex with a Shield Hammer like Electra (second-best block rate in the entire game) or Kasandra (good mix of tanking and DPS, especially with its crit-heal passive) and use pouch items. Accessories that can provide self-healing like Sapphires or Diamonds are also extremely helpful.

Trying to go with three DPS Blades is not going to work out at all.

NinjaAceTrainer

@Ryu_Niiyama What level are you? I had some trouble there too, just take out attackers first and make use of elemental weaknesses.

Edited on by NinjaAceTrainer

Just your everday ninja, who may also be an ace trainer. Link to the NL Inklings here!
https://discord.gg/6bsgt3t

Ryu_Niiyama

@EvilLucario I'll try that, thanks! (although I may have to unlock more of Electra's affinity....Been focused on Bridgid because I play as Morag)

@NinjaAceTrainer Rex is 70. Also not trying to ignore you and Disco about Tora, but usually when I explain why I don't like something it sparks a thread derail. Trying not to do that.

NinjaAceTrainer

@Ryu_Niiyama Ah. If you usually play as Mòrag, then I can see why you are having trouble. Definitely use elemental weaknesses and possibly get some gradual self-healing. At level 70, you should be fine. Also thanks for clearing up the Tora thing! I was quite puzzled as to why you didn't respond. And while I respect your desicion to try not to spark a thread derail this is a thread to discuss things about the game. But if you'd rather not, then that's absolutely fine.

Just your everday ninja, who may also be an ace trainer. Link to the NL Inklings here!

Ryu_Niiyama

@NinjaAceTrainer ...Have you SEEN my walls of text? I can explain quite thoroughly (in a slightly stream of consciousness fashion because I'm at work and I often have to peck on a post throughout the day) why I feel a certain way (pro or con) about something but then it gets nuts and I have to add at least one person to my ignore list. So it's a pick your battle scenario. Tora isn't the hill I want to die on. I don't have to use him and my team is pretty much Morag and Co. and everybody else can play their favorites and it's cool. For what its worth, both he and Zeke live in the wagon. Pretty sure they are playing cards right now.

I'll have to send some of my blades on merc missions and get their affinity's maxed out. Since Morag was my TNK and Kagutsuchi ( I swear I headcannon that she burned Morag's hands upon awakening- The god Kagutsuchi burned his mother Izanami no Mikoto to death in childbirth) is a beast in a weird evening gown I underdeveloped most of my blades.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

NinjaAceTrainer

@Ryu_Niiyama I swear that I'm not trying to start an argument. However... Tora is one thing, but Zeke? I loved his over the top antics (which do get watered down once he joins you), he was probably my favourite character. Personally, I didn't like Nia, as I found her sarky personality to be really annoying. I also dislike how she's the only good dedicated healer driver. Atleast her VA is good.

Ryu_Niiyama

@NinjaAceTrainer zeke is ron stoppable with a BFS. Not a fan of informed badarses and his attempts at depth are annoying at best and miss the mark at worst. I’m playing in Japanese so he sounds like the shounen Cool mccool guy cranked to 11 with a bad duster. Over the top is just that for me: unsolicited and useless.

I get his job is to add levity in a desolate world and to counter the world view of both the villains and god but it’s tacky and trite. He is a terrible nariative foil to the perso who helped him (on my phone too lazy to use spoilers) and aside from that and the very thin role he plays for a mcguffin he has little real bearing on the story. For me. My sense of humor is dry so I found Morag to be more amusing.

Nia’s personality fit her backstory really. I don’t get why she fell for her love interest though. Quite the paper thin triangle imo. However I’m not finished, perhaps Zeke will redeem himself. Tora can fall down a well though.

I like debating, just not when it decends into the abyss of pathos mongering. I don’t care what anyone says: you can’t win an argument by pounding on a table. So I ‘ve no issues with your question.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

AlternateButtons

I think my biggest issue with this game is how long it takes to progress things. The affinity charts, the sidequests being stopped dead in its tracks because you're missing certain items/affinity missions/Field skills and the obscurity of some tasks are so annoying. I find it so hard to make any significant progress in this game because everything I try has a million pre-requisites to it. It makes it discouraging to play through. The side quests in Xenoblade 1 and XCX were single tasks that could be completed based on your level and that's it. That's how it should be. Here, there are so many convoluted walls of progress that I end up being pushed away from it.

I feel like there should be some sort of hint system as to what to do. Everything is too obscure and open ended. I basically need my phone by my side the entire time so I can google a location of something or how to obtain a certain requirement. I don't know how anyone could make significant end-game progress without a guide.

Want an awesome Let's Play show to watch when you're bored? Check out my new show, Alternate Buttons where we play games for your viewing pleasure! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG0IbzMJDa9hZJFTGOB8Vug/feed

3DS Friend Code: 4983-5439-2641 | Nintendo Network ID: Guitardude7

NinjaAceTrainer

@Ryu_Niiyama I certainly appreciate dry humour, but Mòrag and amusing just don't go together. The one time that I can remember finding her funny is in a heart to heart in the Vault of Heroes... which is brought on by Zeke anyway. I agree that Zeke's involvement in the actual plot was quite arbitrary, but in terms of personality, he always makes me smile. It's the same reason why I like Owain in Fire Emblem Awakening. Nia is the exact opposite for me, good plot relevance, character makes sense in terms of plot too, but I just find her to be an annoying little prat who makes snide remarks about Rex, particularly at the start of the game. I'd like to know why you dislike Tora too.

NinjaAceTrainer

Infact, just as an expansion of this topic, what are anyone's least favourite characters and why?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic