Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Posts 2,921 to 2,940 of 3,329

Ryu_Niiyama

Got to chapter 8 and I'm pulling back to do sidequests and try to get rare blades (I'm not going to New Game plus anytime soon so this will be my only play through aside from the DLC). So far I: Feel sorry for the blade life cycle, am confused by the "The power that was granted to Mythra since birth", am confused about the land of the dead (why does it exist?), feel Malos has become more flat of a character while Mythra has grown, have the worst luck about getting rare blades, Laughed about the xenosaga references and yet been interested in how it all influences this series. Also not gonna lie, I squee'ed at the sight of Morag with no hat on. (I mean Melph-sama, I'm playing in Japanese and laughing about a few translation differences -Sheeba/Rinne gives me life. I mean she is a horrible stereotype but she is so over the top I just smile.)

I think that was vague enough not to need spoiler tags. If anybody wants to explain the land of the dead and what core crystals are (organic machines/nanomachines on steroids?) given what the aegis core crystals are (that makes sense to me...mostly), by all means please chime in.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul. Let the drums fill you with FIRE! Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Switch FC: SW-2230-0265-0353
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14 I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

NinjaAceTrainer

@Ryu_Niiyama Core Crystals are organic, think about the blade life cycle. They are pretty much just just magic rocks, think the gems from Steven Universe if you follow that. As for the land of the dead, you'll see why it exists soon enough. Good luck with your rare blade hunting by the way.

Edited on by NinjaAceTrainer

NinjaAceTrainer

Tsurii

@NinjaAceTrainer nah, @Ryu_Niiyama is a lot closer with her comparison to nanomachines. I'm not entirely sure what is and what isn't revealed up to chapter 8 but I think pretty much all of those questions will get answered by the end of the story.

And..I really like Malos as a villain actually. I like his background and I like how it's not 100% black and white with him and Torna.

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221
3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Twitter, not like there's anything interesting on there

NinjaAceTrainer

@Tsurii Really? How so? It's been a while since I played Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

NinjaAceTrainer

Ryu_Niiyama

@NinjaAceTrainer I think that I'm thrown more by what the aegis (all three of them) actually are (and why blades lose their memories or at least what they send to the aegis) that I feel like there is a line being blurred. That is why I keep thinking organic machines (like nanoprobes from star trek but if they used primarily organic components somehow...that explains regen powers and the guldo kinda sorta. Which if the "ether" allows for matter composition that would make everything click as then that would explain how core crystals...grow/have a life cycle.)

Xenogames are always magical science on steroids so there is always a semi logical explanation, but I'm getting a little tripped up because of the two classes of core crystals (I'm also not done with the game so that may have something to do with it lolol). I've always liked the Xeno mythos (and it makes more sense to me than most mythology/religion) so I like to puzzle through the new pieces.

@Tsurii good to know I'm at least on the right path. I likely will pad this out for another 2 weeks to see how far I can get on the side quests and named enemies (saw a level 100 dude and I was like "NOPE") and then barrel through to the end. Aside from a few issues that I always have with monosoft games (and some of the character designs) I've enjoyed this romp.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul. Let the drums fill you with FIRE! Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Switch FC: SW-2230-0265-0353
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14 I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Tsurii

@NinjaAceTrainer are you asking about Malos or the nature of Alrest?

If Malos, I like him as character in general with how he's this semi-happy-go-lucky villain and how he's stealing the spotlight in damn near every scene he's in. On top of his background being pretty interesting. Like, the Aegis are all AIs, and as such they're heavily influenced by their "driver" since they can't act 100% independently. Malos is beyond redemption within the story, but he only got there because of Amalthus and his twisted ambitions. I also like how Malos himself realizes that the history of Alrest could've taken a very different direction was it not for him being "awoken" by someone inherently evil by the end of the story. Oh, and that "sibling" dynamic he almost-sorta has with Pneuma is neat

If it's the nanomachines,that's much easier. Klaus himself explains that he pretty much just reprogrammed literal nanomachines that were originally created to heal people to become sort of like little "brains" that can build structures and living beings via the earth's people's collective memory with those resident evil like monsters in Moritha being humans of the old world who got taken over by those things
It's all really sci-fi-y, which I love, but it's more of a side note towards the end since it doesn't directly relate to the story as a whole.

Edited on by Tsurii

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221
3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Twitter, not like there's anything interesting on there

AlternateButtons

Has the 1.3.0 update hit yet? I'm holding off on playing the game until then. I've been trying to give it a break so that I don't burn out on it.

Want an awesome Let's Play show to watch when you're bored? Check out my new show, Alternate Buttons where we play games for your viewing pleasure! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG0IbzMJDa9hZJFTGOB8Vug/feed

3DS Friend Code: 4983-5439-2641 | Nintendo Network ID: Guitardude7

cambotero

Just reached the credits.

WHAT A GAME

cambotero

EvilLucario

1.3.0 delayed due to a bug discovered. It will now release on March 2.

RIP

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

The delay will give me more time with other games, maybe Bayonetta 1+2 won't be buried this time.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JTMnM

A mortal blow! It struck me . . . right to my very heart!

JTMnM

Switch Friend Code: SW-4706-4065-3902

NinjaAceTrainer

That’ll give me more time to finish FFXII then. Just got to disc three!

NinjaAceTrainer

AlternateButtons

A bit bummed but I just bought Celeste so maybe this is a blessing in disguise for me.

God, remember when we used to loathe delays during the Wii U era because it meant a longer drought? Now it's more like "Oh that got delayed? Thank God!"

Edited on by AlternateButtons

Want an awesome Let's Play show to watch when you're bored? Check out my new show, Alternate Buttons where we play games for your viewing pleasure! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG0IbzMJDa9hZJFTGOB8Vug/feed

EvilLucario

@AlternateButtons Man, those were dark times.

I still loved my Wii U, but never forget.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

JTMnM

【 Notice 】 "Wonder Festival 2018" (on Sunday, February 18 http://wf.kaiyodo.net/ ) (), "Xenoblade 2" appeared in [Hikari] figure and [sirens] has been announced. The release date and the price are undecided, but please wait for the information in the future.

Untitled

Edited on by JTMnM

JTMnM

Switch Friend Code: SW-4706-4065-3902

AlternateButtons

@JTMnM Me whenever I look at Pyra/Mythra/Waifu Sword

Untitled

Edited on by AlternateButtons

EvilLucario

Dude, the figurines look so phenomenal. I wish I had the spare cash for them.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic