Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Posts 2,921 to 2,940 of 3,574

EvilLucario

@AlternateButtons Man, those were dark times.

I still loved my Wii U, but never forget.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

JTMnM

【 Notice 】 "Wonder Festival 2018" (on Sunday, February 18 http://wf.kaiyodo.net/ ) (), "Xenoblade 2" appeared in [Hikari] figure and [sirens] has been announced. The release date and the price are undecided, but please wait for the information in the future.

Untitled

Edited on by JTMnM

JTMnM

Switch Friend Code: SW-4706-4065-3902

AlternateButtons

@JTMnM Me whenever I look at Pyra/Mythra/Waifu Sword

Untitled

Edited on by AlternateButtons

Want an awesome Let's Play show to watch when you're bored? Check out my new show, Alternate Buttons where we play games for your viewing pleasure! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG0IbzMJDa9hZJFTGOB8Vug/feed

3DS Friend Code: 4983-5439-2641 | Nintendo Network ID: Guitardude7

EvilLucario

Dude, the figurines look so phenomenal. I wish I had the spare cash for them.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Ryu_Niiyama

That Siren figure looks cool. Got KOS MOS...and she totally fits in with the narrative.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul. Let the drums fill you with FIRE! Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Switch FC: SW-2230-0265-0353
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14 I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.
Please tag me before you sent a Friend Request. Thanks!

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

EvilLucario

People might be interested in this: datamined Rare Blade odds.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/204208-xenoblade-chronic...

One thing that caught my eye: your best chances of getting KOS-MOS is 0.714% with a Legendary Core. That's roughly 140 Legendary Cores, with 999 Luck and level 15 Justice.

Matthew010

I NEED HELP: I have recently been enjoying open world RPGs, such as Zelda: BotW, so would I enjoy Xenoblade? I love the look of the art style, but haven't played any Xenoblade game before. Should I purchase it or wait for a sale?

Matthew010

darkfenrir

@Matthew010 I would say it's very enjoyable- I never played a single Xenoblade games before, and I love it! It's my GOTY for 2017 for sure (no matter I finish it around end of January)

It has lengthy storyline, the sidequests are meaty (with stories and lores sprinkled in- I really enjoy that part of why Nopon speaks they way they are now! really neat), the combat can be iffy for some (but imo, the combat is really good especially once you really know what you are doing), the field skills can be iffy if you are unlucky or don't really want to train commons if you are unlucky (I'm kinda lucky so I can't say too much)

But overall I think that you should plunge into it now while you are still in the mood for Open World RPG, just be reminded that in this one, you can't dodge

darkfenrir

Switch Friend Code: SW-0242-3593-1338

Matthew010

@darkfenrir Another question, in games such as Monster Hunter it seems that you are almost always fighting monsters that take a few minutes to defeat, unlike the easy-to-defeat Bokoblins. Does Xenoblade have these longer monsters or just quicker Bokoblin-like enemies?

Sorry for all the questions, but also, do the Titans act as Zelda-like dungeons or what? I'm sorry but I know next to nothing about this game.

Matthew010

darkfenrir

@Matthew010 I would say that it leans more on longer monsters, however, as you level up and do more combos, you'll be able to defeat them quicker (example is that there's even one person managing to solo a super boss that is lv130 on very respectable time- 5 minutes if it's not edited, I forgot. And the normal time I think is 20-30 minutes with full team but not optimized)

But yeah, fights are all depending on what you do, doing the cancel attacks, moving Rex slightly after every attack because he just attacks faster for his first hit of combo... Knowing what combos to pull off, there's just so many things to do.

Sorry if this sounds really overwhelming though >_<)

And Titans are like an "Area", so when you are on a Titan, that's actually the map for the whole area and you might not think of it but it's BIG. Like reallllly big.

And it's alright to ask haha

darkfenrir

darkfenrir

@Matthew010 The whole map (other than city) is the dungeon I guess? There's not much puzzles since it leans more to JRPG fare than Adventure fare

darkfenrir

Matthew010

@darkfenrir Final question (sorry) but how fleshed out is the storyline and what would you give the game out of 10?

Matthew010

Late

@EvilLucario I think you need even more cores if I understood the thing correctly. From what I gather you multiplied 0.00714 with 140 and got 0,9996 = ~100%. Unfortunately, it isn't that easy. After all, flipping a coin twice doesn't give you 100% chance of getting heads. I am not very good when it comes to probabilities and since the probability is never actually 100%, I'm fine with 99%. It would be a lim x->0 function but I don't remember how they work at the moment. Anyway, after ~650 cores, you should have received KOS-MOS, unless you're part of that 1% who are still searching. Anyone can feel free to point out my mistake if I made one, there's a good chance I did. Here's how I calculated it. 1-(1-0,00714)^650 = 0.990511.

I programmed a simple tool that copies all Switch screenshots from an SD card and places them to folders according to the game:
Link

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

darkfenrir

@Matthew010 The story starts low, but as you go further, it goes higher and higher- and the comedy struck gold too (The numerous Hearts-to-Hearts are really awesome, and doing the sidequest, and Blade's personal quest make it even better). For me personally, the story really start its stride around after Chapter 3 if I remember right, but it hooked me hard since the beginning since I really enjoyed the exploration and the world.

For the marks... for subjective, it's 9.5/10 (some slight negligible things I feel should be fixed, but oh well, some of it is fixed from the patch, and future patch), for slightly more objective I would say it's a solid 8 or 9, it's just the matter of giving the game a chance, methinks.

Although be warned that some people seems to dislike it a lot, while some loves it a lot- so in the end it all fell down to preference, but for me, it's pretty much a full-on recommended for me.

darkfenrir

darkfenrir

@Matthew010 No problem, I hope I didn't bore or confuse you haha ^^

But yeah, for this game, you kind of need to bear the first few hours as you forged forward in story, once you get 3 party members, the battle feels much, much better imo.

I hope that this won't turn you off from the game, but yeah, the first few hours are harder, but as you play along you can feel the game growing on you XD

(MFw I keep rambling about the game, I apologize)

darkfenrir

EvilLucario

@Late I forgot about binomial distribution. But yeah, you're right.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic