Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Posts 2,921 to 2,940 of 3,602

Grumblevolcano

It's crazy, I'm still finding unique monsters I haven't faced before. Was just randomly walking through the Mor Ardain factory and found Antecedent Xiaxia.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

LzWinky

Well nothing is better than a random lvl 99 unique monster dropping on top of my party. Happened in XB1 and XB2

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

EvilLucario

@TheLZdragon Xenoblade X too. X was probably the "worst" of it. For example, in Chapter 5 of Xenoblade X, the targets you want to destroy are surrounded by more powerful enemies (even though they're around the same level, do remember that size also contributes to danger in Xenoblade) that will aggro you and kill you fairly easily.

1 and 2 though, they're extremely easy to avoid honestly. Just watch their patterns and move out of the way.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

hirokun

Well, finally finished the story for XBC2 finally. Got to say, I wasn't too shocked in terms of story, but liked how they made it work out in the end. So just wondering what NG+ does for the game. I never play them in games. But just curious if I'll get anything interesting out of it.

In any event, I'm now geared up and ready for Torna the golden country. Seems like the combat is slightly different, so I'm excited for mixing it up and of course some more good story telling.

I sexually identify as a Pommelo

EvilLucario

@hirokun You just get the ability to roll 7 new Blades, the ability to level down, and some new merchants will appear letting you trade XP for sweet things like Ether Crystals, a third accessory slot for Drivers, the ability to send story Blades to Merc Missions, and some added combat stuff like the level 4 Special for Coffee with Milk. It's pretty fun stuff, especially if you have the DLC for Bringer of Chaos mode and Challenge Mode.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

hirokun

@EvilLucario hmmm considering I treated Tora and Poppi like the plague due to tiger tiger, I may do it, but it doesn't seem too compelling otherwise. I did know you could get the extra blades, but I barely rolled rare blades in the first place, so I just gave up after opening roughly 300 crystals and got bored. Still salty about how that feature works, but I made it work in the end. Super glad I got electra on morag as she was a pretty good tank blade.

Do all your items, blades affinity charts and merc mission points carry over to NG+?

Grumblevolcano

@hirokun This transfers over to NG+:

• Drivers' levels
  • Equipment and advancement of Drivers and Blades
  • Bonded Blades
  • Obtained gold and items
  • Area Dev Levels and Merc Group Rank
  • Events Theater and Unique Monster defeat status
  • Play time

Merc missions, quests, Heart-to-Hearts and Skip Travel points are reset. Also the 3 story Blades you obtain via core crystals are missing until their appearance in the story. Note that there's a glitch present (judging by a recent different thread on this forum) with the recent update in which NG+ won't give you the Unnamed Core Crystal at the point in the story you normally obtain it so I'd recommend not doing NG+ until after Torna.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Grumblevolcano

@Tsurii I'm just going by the NG+ warnings screen, if you do start at level 1 rank in NG+ then that's a mistake on the warning screen.

Grumblevolcano

hirokun

meh, Roc isn't really good for anything but smash anyhow, so and I hated merc missions anyhow, so that isn't an issue for me. I just don't want to spend time on that crap fluff even though they seemed exciting at first. I just used them to unlock shop keys. So maybe I'll leave NG+ as I said, its usually never worth it for me in any games really, but I like story, so if there was more secret sub-plots or something I'd have done it...Still a shame I never got to use Tora and Poppi. But I am still excited for Torna. Should be awesome.

EvilLucario

@Tsurii You kept Merc Level in NG+.

Also Coffee with Milk is an infinitely better name than Pneuma. Fight me nerd. :^]

hirokun

@EvilLucario Why the name change at all? Either way, it is either you are a degenerate who likes the kuh-Y-EEE while the other makes you a self-important psuedo-intellectual. Pick your poison. Personally I'd have just gone with something like Emilia.

EvilLucario

@hirokun Well, Coffee with Milk is a reference to what Rex says in Chapter 8. Either way I love that nickname so much, it makes it the perfect name to call the minty Blade you get.

hirokun

EvilLucario wrote:

@hirokun Well, Coffee with Milk is a reference to what Rex says in Chapter 8. Either way I love that nickname so much, it makes it the perfect name to call the minty Blade you get.

you calling her minty blade made me realize that she is basically just aquafresh toothpaste. Red for pyra, white for mythra, blue for uber form.

I also forgot the quote, makes more sense now, but true. Should have also made Zeke's new name "One Eye Willy" in that case.

Grumblevolcano

Not long left to wait until Torna, I've reached the point where I've only got 2 challenges left with the base game (This Year's Heropon, Poisoned Paradise).

Grumblevolcano

EvilLucario

Ugh, the night after Torna releases is going to suck, because work is going to blow since I'll be thinking about nothing but Torna........

Trajan

I night be done with octopath, but I'm just grinding right now to beat the final boss.

I'd drop this in an instant for Torna. Hell I've been playing Mario Sunshine and Animal Crossing this weekend too.

Sakurai: Which is why I think we should forget about console wars and focus on what’s really important: enjoying the games themselves.

"If we did this (mobile games), Nintendo would cease to be Nintendo." - Iwata

Grumblevolcano

It seems Torna for expansion pass owners may be a separate download rather than you access it via the main game (look at the image):

Grumblevolcano

EvilLucario

UPDATE IS NOW LIVE! DOWNLOADING IT RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

EvilLucario

DUDE THE GAME IS SO GOOD

Literally one hour in and it's so damn great. I liked the base game's early combat, but the DLC's early combat is a lot quicker.

There's a lot of QoL updates, like revisitable tutorials (THANK GOD!!!!!), quicker harvesting from resource points, quicker transitions between Specials, and AUTO-SAVING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This game is already getting a bajillion recommendations from me and I don't think it has even fully kicked off yet!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic