Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Posts 2,901 to 2,920 of 3,602

NEStalgia

I can't justify double dipping on it really, no actual reason to, but I still maintain my XC fan cred having the collectors editions of X and 2 and having imported the OST

NEStalgia

Trajan

Same here. Never played X yet though. If it isn't ported in the next year then I'll buy a Wii U.

Sakurai: Which is why I think we should forget about console wars and focus on what’s really important: enjoying the games themselves.

"If we did this (mobile games), Nintendo would cease to be Nintendo." - Iwata

Ralizah

@NEStalgia Tiger! Tiger! is great in handheld mode. Just watch TV and play the game for hours. Do this for a week or two and you'll likely have access to most of Poppi's best equipment.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

EvilLucario

@Trajan X is my favorite in the series. It has the best combat, the best world, and the best sidequests. There's a lot more cryptic nonsense than in 1 or 2, but if you stick by it, it's such an unforgettable experience. Easily one of the best games on the Wii U and is my third-favorite game of all time.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Ralizah

@subpopz Probably, but I wanted to get all of her rare equipment, so it took awhile.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

EvilLucario

You chumps not doing Stage 5 perfect runs??????????????????????????? :^^^^^]

I kid. Tiger Tiger isn't SUPER easy, especially for perfects, so Stage 2 is always good for that.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

I got the special edition of XCX like with most Wii U games I bought (decided against Hyrule Warriors special edition as I wouldn't wear the scarf) but releasing between October 2015 and early 2016 was pretty much the worst possible timing for me. I didn't even get past the character creator back then because of all the fantastic stuff happening on the Xbox One front.

By the time I was determined to return to XCX, Nintendo had announced the Switch and it looked like a Wii U port machine so I didn't progress far. Then we found out the Switch really was getting lots of Wii U ports and many original games eliminated the need for the Wii U equivalents hence I just decided to wait for the inevitable Wii U port on Switch after really liking XC2.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NEStalgia

@Ralizah Bah, millennials and your multi-tasking media consumption

I don't watch TV....I play video games So gameception doesn't work so well playing Tiger Tiger while playing Wolfenstein

@EvilLucario I only ever saw a single level for it.....how do you even get multiple "stages?"

@Grumblevolcano What great stuff was happening on XBox in 2015-2016? Last I looked the machine didn't even get good until holiday 2016

NEStalgia

Grumblevolcano

@NEStalgia While the single player was bad Halo 5's multiplayer was fantastic (especially Warzone and Breakout modes), I played that and some 3rd party games a lot. The OS was the biggest negative of that time period, New Xbox One Experience was complete garbage. People complain about how slow the Wii U OS is and how Switch's OS is "so much better" but NXOE made Wii U's OS look fast.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

EvilLucario

@NEStalgia Just progress through the story and beat Stages if you didn't clear them initially. You unlock Stage 5 right at the start of Chapter 8.

hirokun

Just got a "full burst" in a chain attack. Surprised me didn't know that was a thing.

I sexually identify as a Pommelo

NEStalgia

It's funny, I have all 3 versions of Poppi, and still only level 1 of Tiger Tiger, I think

NEStalgia

JammyTWOsugars

Hey guys, sorry to intrude. Picked this up today after never playing a game in the series before.

Reading through the posts in this thread it sounds like I have alot to look forward to. The only thing that worries me is there is supposedly quite a steep learning curve. Or that it can be quite overwhelming for the first 20 hours.

Any tips you guys could impart on me to get me started would be greatly appreciated!

Consoles: Nintendo Switch and New Nintendo 3ds

EvilLucario

@JammyTWOsugars Not really a big learning curve, the game eases you in with copious amounts of tutorials so while there is a lot to learn, you can get the feel for it. All I can really tell you at this stage is whenever there's a tutorial for combat, try practicing what they want you to do on your own time so you get the feel of it.

Aside from that, there's these things called pouch items that give passive buffs in combat. These are consumables that last for X amount of time, and these are really good. Make sure to have one up at all times. They're very cheap, so don't worry about running out of money too much.

If you still don't understand something, post in here and I or someone else will answer. I patrol this thread like a hawk lol.

JammyTWOsugars

@EvilLucario hey dude!

Thanks for that, that’s very helpful.

Yeah I’d heard of the extensive tutorials, however I’d heard there is alot of information the game kind of just fires at you, so i’ll be sure to practise as you suggested.

I’ve got quite alot of RPG experience so not a total noob, but I understand this series is quite unique.

I’ve held back on pulling the trigger on this game for a while, but I finally gave in and thought I’d give it a go. The game world itself looks beautiful and definitely was a motivating factor!

Thanks fornthe invitation of asking further questions. I have no doubt I’ll be taking you up on that! A quick side note are you adverse to me adding your friendcode? I’m always looking for additional friends for my Switch!

Edited on by JammyTWOsugars

Consoles: Nintendo Switch and New Nintendo 3ds

EvilLucario

@JammyTWOsugars Yeah sure, you can add me.

Matthew010

If I buy the Torna physical, do I need the base game as well or can I just play the expansion story? Thanks in advance.

Matthew010

hirokun

Is there any info on salvaging in terms of which types of salvaging spots provide what rarity of items? I know there are different difficulties on salvaging. It seems each region has one spot that has a really hard spot where the buttons show up fast and they are always different buttons which are the hardest. Of the ones I've tried, I can't really tell. I did oddly once get an enemy that when it died gave me a unique core crystal, so I'm wondering if there are more than one of those.

I sexually identify as a Pommelo

EvilLucario

@hirokun You likely got Kasandra from Mor Ardain yeah. She's the only one that requires salvaging. But it's fairly arbitrary and hard to tell preemptively which ones give which. It's just a bunch of trial and error for the most part.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic