Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Posts 221 to 240 of 3,602

Dezzy

I'm looking forward to the customary "lets compare the size of the world to Skyrim" point in the next few months as we learn more about the game. I wonder if it'll be as big as the previous? I'm guessing something like the first game. Probably smaller than the second.

@Snaplocket

True, although I think people probably confuse opinions/values/facts quite a lot in the real world too. The internet just makes people more comfortable being mean because you don't have to deal with any social pushback.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Dezzy

@Tsurii

Yeah, like when they tried to introduce metric into the UK and old people just ignored it and kept measuring things in imperial.

CrazedCavalier

@Dezzy I'd say probably twice the size of the first game. It's more linear and X was designed around the Skells.

"There's a very fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day of my life." -Leonard Church Jr.

Nintendo Network ID: thedanman88

Dezzy

@CrazedCavalier
You'd say based on what? The first game was insanely big. We haven't really seen many massive open areas yet.

CrazedCavalier

@Dezzy They'd want to outdo the first game but have no reason to be as big as X.

"There's a very fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day of my life." -Leonard Church Jr.

Nintendo Network ID: thedanman88

TuVictus

I wouldn't mind a world similar to the first in size. In fact, maybe they can keep the X series for ridiculously huge worlds and the regular series for still decent sized worlds but more linear / focused in terms of story telling

TuVictus

Luna_110

I don't think it will be as big as X if they want to focus a bit more on the story. X's World was so hide because it's main point was exploration, just like Zelda.
A smaller, but tighter World would be great for a story focused game like this one.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

Joeynator3000

@ZeldaKart Please do not multipost, you have an edit button if you want to say more.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

TuVictus

I mean, he copied my post word for word, I thought he was copy pasting everyone's posts

TuVictus

TheXReturns

Being a huge fan of the original, and most parts of X (Except it limiting levels at 60 and the mainstory being too damn short, even if the sidemissions had a lot of bulk to them), I thought I'd weigh in with my own two cents.

I'm really pleased they look like they've gone back to the original style of a single, long story supplanted by sidequests, and what looks to be a less irritating party system than X, and I like that they've streamlined some aspects of the combat, whilst changing others. I'm a fan of the concept of more customisable art selections, but I just know there's going to be a controversy over censorship. If there is, people will moan about suppression of freedoms, if there isn't, people will moan about things not being censored.

It took about 5 times watching the trailer to get used to Rex's VA, and whilst he's no Adam Howden (Shulk), Jenna-Louise Coleman (Melia), or even Jay Taylor (It's Reyn Time!), who I have a fondness for, despite him getting on other people's nerves, he seems ok.

...Even if "Take thiiiiiis!" is still one of the worst things I've heard since Darth Vader's "Nooooooo!"

I'm optimistic they'll make the December date, though. Should be a nice treat before the year is out.

Edited on by TheXReturns

A puzzle solved is its own reward.

My Nintendo: TheXReturns | Nintendo Network ID: TheXReturns

MikeTS

I never played the first Xenoblade Chronicles game but the trailer for this one looks really good. I'll definitely keep my eye out for more news.

MikeTS

Dezzy

TheXReturns wrote:

I'm optimistic they'll make the December date, though. Should be a nice treat before the year is out.

If they don't, it at least looks like it'd only be a few months delay. Rather than a Breath of the Wild type thing where they were just vaguely guessing when it'd be released.

@MikeTS

Go and play the first one! It's brilliant and available on 3 platforms. For good prices on 2 of them.

Edited on by Dezzy

Dezzy

Well I guess the hype for this died. I wonder when we'll get more footage? If it's really a 2017 game, which I still doubt, surely we'll see more quite soon.
We need to see more of the world!

nf_2

@Dezzy This is a strong candidate for a focused Direct later in the year. It may need one to win over some more fans.

nf_2

3DS Friend Code: 0774-4745-0158 | Nintendo Network ID: Sajak19

Anti-Matter

Rex was paired with Pyra, right ?
Can I replace Pyra with someone else ?
Don't really like with Pyra's outfit due to
a bit sensual looking (minimalist outfits, sexy butt, big boobs).
I'm not a fan of sexy girls. I'm a fan of Six pack guys.
Wanna see if Rex can be paired with that Big guy or someone else.

Anti-Matter

Dezzy

@Anti-Matter

You can swap the supporting character that acts as his weapon in combat. I think Pyra is the permanent ally for story's sake though.

RR529

@Anti-Matter, as @Dezzy said, each weapon has a different character assossiated with it. Just watched the Treehouse footage, and every time they switched weapons, the character linked to Rex changes too (Pyra when they were using the sword, some big blue dude when they were using the axe).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Tyranexx

RR529 wrote:

some big blue dude when they were using the axe.

For some reason, that brought to mind Hector from FE7. I still need to catch up on some of the Treehouse footage, and this is one of the segments I haven't seen yet.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

SKTTR

We had hours of new live footage at E3 Treehouse a couple of weeks ago.

Obviously there will come another blowout of information shortly before release for those still not convinced that this will be the next epic openworld RPG masterpiece!

I can easily do without any more spoilers and will get the game as soon as it's available.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Pho

I'm really excited for this, I like the first one, and really enjoyed X, although I am sort of evading news and forums mostly to keep the surprise.

Poyo! <3

3DS Friend Code: 1950-8691-6279 | Nintendo Network ID: xPH03N1Xx86

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic