Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Posts 201 to 220 of 3,602

Dezzy

rallydefault wrote:

Sorry if this was asked earlier in the thread, but if I want to start at the "beginning" of the series, what game would that be? The 3DS remake/port/whatever that came out recently?

The first Xenoblade Chronicles is where to start. If this game ends up being connected to anything, it'll be that.
So if you have either a Wii, Wii U or New 3DS, it's available on all of those.
I'd recommend Wii U with the gamepad.
The 2nd game, Xenoblade X, wasn't connected to the first, and I'm 99.9% certain it won't be connected to this either, as this setting and style is far closer to the first game.

@kkslider5552000
I would guess that connection to the first game is highly likely. Why would they have reverted to the original naming convention if not? It would've made sense to just go with some other random suffix like with X. The world and ideas being used are so similar to the first too.
Seems very likely that the "architect" he mentions at the beginning of the trailer is Shulk.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Monado_X

Have any of you guys heard all four soundtrack samples from the Japanese site? I'll link a vid with all four of them. I have to say, if the rest of the soundtrack is this good, we're in for a treat.

Edited on by Monado_X

Monado_X

Dezzy

@Monado_X

Sounds very good. Although it'd be great if there was someone screaming "Take THIIISSSSSSSSSSSS" over the music.

Monado_X

@Dezzy I think people are being a little tough on the dub based on what we've heard so far. I mean, there's plenty of lines from the original that are bad. Who knows what'll be like. I'm hopeful. I personally like how they're expanding the voice actors, in terms of where they're from. Thought I heard an Australian, and one of the females sounded like that had a Celtic lilt. Granted, this is coming from an American, so I might be wrong, but that's what it sounded like to me.

Monado_X

Dezzy

@Monado_X

What do you mean by Celtic?

Monado_X

@Dezzy Irish or Scottish. Maybe Celtic wasn't the best word, but it didn't sound like a typical British accent.

Monado_X

Dezzy

@Monado_X

I couldn't hear Irish or Scottish anywhere. The voice for Rex is from Manchester, or some nearby area.
There was Australian at the end of the trailer.

Monado_X

@Dezzy Around 2:25 or so, with the big dog-fight in the sky. "This Blade he calls Pyra" is the line. Just sounds Irish or Scottish to me.

Monado_X

Dezzy

@Monado_X

I think that's just the emphasis the actress placed on that particular line, not an accent.
These audio dubbing people need to get a bit more adventurous and just go all out:

Monado_X

@Dezzy Who knows. We'll just have to wait and see. However, the dub does seem more varied from the original and X.

@Tsurii Eh, I dunno. Sounds too high to me. Granted, the actor might have quite a range, or was put on a more regal voice for Berkut.

Edited on by Monado_X

Monado_X

nf_2

@Monado_X The music sounds so insanely similar to XC 1, as well as the Wii game Fragile. In other words, it's fantastic.

nf_2

3DS Friend Code: 0774-4745-0158 | Nintendo Network ID: Sajak19

Monado_X

@nf_2 I was definitely picking up on some audio cues in the themes. Some parts were very similar to the original. I remember freaking out when I heard one of the sound effects from the final boss's theme in Action Battle.

Monado_X

Monado_X

@Tsurii I love Berkut's VA in Echoes. One of my favorites. I just started Act 4 earlier this week, but I've been sidetracked with E3 and starting Superstar Saga again on the original GBA cartridge. lol

As to the trailer clip, I just listened to it a second time, and yeah, it sort of sounds like him. I hope the emotion runs high in this game, especially with the voice acting...X only had a few kick-ass moments with the dub. The original's dub could pack a punch in a lot of scenes.

Monado_X

nf_2

@Tsurii I don't remember ACE being in on XC, but either way I'm more impressed with the score so far than what I was with XCX. Not to say it was bad by any stretch, but I think we've all heard the complaints about some of the music from Chronicles .

nf_2

3DS Friend Code: 0774-4745-0158 | Nintendo Network ID: Sajak19

Dezzy

Whatttttt? Xenoblade Chronicles has like the best soundtrack of any game ever. I don't know if I can think of a better one. Maybe one of the Final Fantasies or Zeldas.

Monado_X

It's by far my favorite soundtrack. Not many come close to it. Bravely Default's pretty good. SMT IV's good too, but it's a much different style.

Monado_X

Monado_X

Also, is anyone else glad they're bringing back enemies from the original? The enemy design in X was pretty forgettable, in my opinion.

Monado_X

Ryu_Niiyama

I don't know why but I have a soft spot for living weapon storylines. perhaps it is the synergy of warrior and weapon.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Dezzy

Snaplocket wrote:

Opinions people. I don't agree with yours. You guys don't agree with mine. I don't think Xenoblade's soundtrack is anywhere near "greatest ever" and I think Sonic 06 has a better soundtrack then both games released so far.

Yeah that's what the police said when I reported it.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic