Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 6,041 to 6,060 of 70,011

JaxonH

Nicolai wrote:

Cuz the world isn't black and white; just like there are lots of Republicans, and there are lots of Democrats, and there are lots of different kinds of Republicans and Democrats, and lots of inbetweens, independents, and undecideds, there are hardcores that aren't all about specs, casuals who aren't afraid of trying a little more as long as it's convenient and cheap, kids interested in the colorful characters who aren't concerned with price and specifics, and people who aren't afraid of owning multiple gaming devices.

The only reason the the Wii U didn't succeed in doing this is that it definitely wasn't convenient, it wasn't sleek and professional, and it didn't have the 3rd party games. It wasn't even that cheap. It was just kinda goofy all around, really.

Gosh dang that was refreshing to read. You don't know how great it makes me feel to read an intelligent opinion carefully articulated that's dead on the money. This site is so full of bullet point arguments lacking any depth of thought or critical analysis. The human mind is capable of a fair bit of logic and understanding and it just amazes me that so few people can think critically and understand that the world is not black and white. Had a guy yesterday here tell me that "zero PS4 and X1 gamers who don't own a 3DS will buy Switch, because if they didn't buy 3DS then they don't want a portable". I almost didn't even know how to respond to something like that. 70 million people and not a single one of them are interested if they don't own a 3DS already.... right.

Anyways, great post.

@BLPs
So, not to stir the pot or anything but I really have to say something because of how... well, let's just put it politely and say how adamant you were that the rumors about Tegra chip were false, almost to the point of insulting anyone who would be dumb enough to buy into it.

Just wondering what your thoughts are about that whole thing because I remember when the article was written and you were just ripping people a new one for thinking it would run Tegra. Said the investors would have mentioned it if that were the case, and there was no possible way they would keep it a secret until the NX announcement.

And just to be clear, I'm not upset about it or anything, but I do remember when that article dropped and I was reading those comments and I thought to myself, if this thing turns out true I'm absolutely going to bring it up.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

-Green-

So what's the general consensus on the NS? From what I can tell, the majority is positive. My older sister fell in love with it, so I'll buy it for her B-Day since it'll come out around then.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Nicolai

@-Blue- I feel like most Nintendo fans are positive with it, yet analysts and shareholders aren't. I've met a few people who wish it was just a competitively powerful traditional box.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Laice

Luna_110 wrote:

@BLPs
Yeah, I read that column yesterday, and while its a fair and respectable opinion to be a bit negative or uncertain.... That column is an utter piece of trash.
It says innovation is bad.... If that were true, we would still be playing with NES style controllers.
They slam the console as being underpowered when we only have rumors, and they speak about the release slate, when the idea of unifying the dev teams was to avoid that....
If they had said they don't like Nintendo and want another PS4-/XONE it would have been more honest.

And he seems to suggest that a monopol is what we need, which plain stupid..... A monopol is the least we need. If it where only sony and or MS the consoles would die out rafther fast since they would just always repeat with there HW updated anually. Which is something that wont work much longer.

Laice

Bluefiregamer

The Switch official reveal video now has over 17 million views and still climbing.

Its dangerous to go alone take this.

Laice

-Blue- wrote:

So what's the general consensus on the NS? From what I can tell, the majority is positive. My older sister fell in love with it, so I'll buy it for her B-Day since it'll come out around then.

most bigger YT and streamer reacted positive, even angry joe wasnt outright against it. Which is much better then any articel any mianstream site puts out.

Laice

martinskrtel37

man i love Nintendo!!

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1906-5039 | Nintendo Network ID: martinskrtel37

skywake

-Blue- wrote:

Here's probably one of the more objective takes on it (audio is pretty bad in this ep)

If you don't want to watch it here's a summary

Positives:
1. The controls when in portable mode. The Wii U GamePad was suprisingly comfortable
2. The Pro Controller
3. NVidia is involved which is a great move for both Nintendo and NVidia
4. Previous controllers will probably work so the JoyCon Grip thing doesn't matter
5. They're not shoving crappy implementations of VR down our throats (this was a jab at Samsung)
6. With one platform? Nintendo could effectively double their software output
7. Optical media is dead, about time

Negatives:
1. The detachable controller for two player looks pretty bad
2. The JoyCon grip
3. Probably not enough storage
4. Nintendo's account system
5. Terrible name, NX was better, but it's Nintendo

Other thoughts
1. They look like they're moving away from the Wii U
2. Controller weight might be an issue but it does have a kickstand
3. The dock is probably nothing more than video pass-through
4. It's basically a Shield Tablet with actual developer support

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Grumblevolcano

skywake wrote:

I think that's a huge concern for all of us to be honest. Another case of everything being attached to the console (including save data) rather than easily recoverable via account system is pretty unacceptable in 2017 (it was somewhat unacceptable in 2012).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Laice

Grumblevolcano wrote:

skywake wrote:

I think that's a huge concern for all of us to be honest. Another case of everything being attached to the console (including save data) rather than easily recoverable via account system is pretty unacceptable in 2017 (it was somewhat unacceptable in 2012).

Well if i remember right they Teams up with Dena a few years ago, so i guess there could be a huge improvement

Laice

skywake

The thing I think is interesting about the reaction is the number of people who don't like the name. Because they don't seem to realise that it has the same name globally. In Japanese there isn't a sound for "X". We'd call it the "en-eks" in english but they'd have to say something like "en-ekisu". Probably part of the reason why the XBox does so poorly in Japan. It's a tongue twister in Japanese

But Switch? Not much of an issue. Actually less characters than NX would have been.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Nin10dad

@JaxonH Fair!
I filled up 265 GB on my 2TB Wii U external hard drive , that was buying everything up to the point that the amiibo craze kicked off, then I went physical as I had to have all the little monkies!
I suppose I was just lost in nostalgia, mentioning numerous SD cards, I completely ignored the fact that 512GB SD cards were a thing......

nintendad.co.uk

Twitter @nintendad

Switch - SW-5274-3655-0708

Haruki_NLI

@JaxonH Regarding whats inside the thing quite frankly I dont care. Again my argument back then was the fact that if Nvidia was involved, lying to investors publicly probably wasnt wise. Just saying they had plans wouldve been enough but they gave no indication of any confidence or sales.

As you say people need to be able to think logically, and regarding that a lot of people were running with Tegra when the horse said otherwise, so whats the logical response? If you want to rip me a new one then by all means, but it doesnt change what was said and the reasons why I made that conclusion. Could it have been put better? Yes. But remember that what I say, do or think is irrelevant. Ive worked enough jobs with no care from coworkers, enough people at uni who just want a slave, and enough kids who just want someone to bully, to know what I think is ultimately irrelevant, and that im just a very lonely number who cant get something right a good 90% of the time.

Ignore rhe rant. tl:dr I took a logical step, mishabdled it and was wrong. Nothing new.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Grumblevolcano

@Laice Well the meeting in March 2015 made it sound like Nintendo helps DeNA with mobile via allowing use of their IPs meanwhile DeNA helps Nintendo with infrastructure but we'll see in early 2017 what has come of that partnership.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

ianl579

@JaxonH 😮 Thanks for the info!

"You feel it? Fawful is also feeling it! I am needing to feel it even more, though!" - The magnificent Fawful

iKhan

I don't get why people are so ignorant of the need for a console to offer differentiated gameplay experiences.

You might like the Wii U and think it has enough power, but if the switch is Wii U powered, how can Nintendo make the system sound like a worthwhile purchase to anyone not interested in the mobile aspect? Maybe the could add a gameplay gimmick, but they have to push gameplay forward some way

I will say that Nintendo has done a good job of convincing us why the feature has to be mandatory. It's seemless and marketable because of that.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Laice

they need fifa day one, even if i dont like the game but:

"Why stop playing FIFA when you leave your house? Just keep the ball rolling with the Nintendo Switch"
or something like this.

Laice

Luna_110

@iKhan
Because some people want to have the "in" thing, which at this moment is graphics and power. People like those in the article published like, two pages ago, show that they only want more graphics and don't care about anything else.... Hence, we get abominations like The Order in PS4.
Are they a majority? At this point, I don't know, but they are certainly loud.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

veeflames

@Nicolai @JaxonH The Wii U wasn't "goofy all around" the games, that's for one thing.
But anyways, I agree. The fact that the Wii U is still around its launch price after 4 years is... definitely weird. The Wii U may be convenient for us, but only because we're Nintendo fans. The average Joe doesn't know squat about it, and Nintendo should have done more to spread the word. Where's that Wii U Pokemon game?

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic