Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 5,161 to 5,180 of 70,076

Moshugan

@Nintenbomba128 @skywake What makes a remaster of a past 3D Mario a bit more likely is the fact that the "new kind of" 3D Mario isn't coming out any time soon.

"We're always challenging ourselves to create something new, so hopefully you'll see a new kind of Mario in about a year or two. Maybe next E3 we'll be able to share something." - Miyamoto

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/06/16/e3-2016-nintendo-a-new...

But there's always demand for a 3D Mario and it would move systems, so it's not that unlikely that they'd do a remaster to fill the gap.

My Super Mario Maker 2's Maker ID: R7B-M93-5GF

Nintendo Network ID: Moshugan

rallydefault

Vinny wrote:

rallydefault wrote:

dtjive wrote:

Octane wrote:

@dtjive Why not? Supporting 4K isn't difficult. HDR support would actually be nice, regardless of resolution.

Because historically Nintendo haven't chased graphical fidelity, seem to generally want to cater to mass market thus slapping on 4k sends a mixed message, have explicitly stated that for them it isn't about power and graphics. Finally almost all rumours seem to point to it being an underpowered machine with 1080p resolution at best.

See, I never get this. It just isn't true. Nintendo, for the majority of its lifetime, HAS pursued "graphical fidelity."

-NES: Against Atari and a few others to create games with enough graphics that the player could actually distinguish the story and what was happening
-SNES: The classic war against SEGA, each system striving to tout more "bits" and processing power. The FX chip for certain SNES games was a HUGE deal. I remember getting an entire VHS in the mail from Nintendo Power detailing the development of Donkey Kong Country and the lengths they went to for the graphics.
-N64: Nintendo's push into 3D gaming. Sure, they stayed with the cartridge, but they were pushing their games into the 3rd dimension right along with Sony.
-GameCube: As we know, the most powerful console of its generation.

The ONLY TWO that haven't followed that trend are the Wii and Wii U. So I'll never understand where you people come off with the "Nintendo has never been about graphics/power/etc." line. It's just factually incorrect. You're either willfully ignoring the past or you didn't live through it.

That's the Xbox. Of course, not denying the GC was powerful.

Sorry. As someone else said, it was the N64 that was the most powerful for its gen. So just switch the two, I guess. But yea, GC was wicked powerful as well.

rallydefault

skywake

@Moshugan
Well a remake/remaster of any classic Nintendo game is always on the cards. Especially if they want to pad out a launch lineup. I just wouldn't be making any assumptions. We know almost nothing of the games for the NX in the first year so it could get anything.

@rallydefault
To play the devil's advocate. Nintendo's portable line has been almost comically under powered. The Gameboy in particular but it was also true of the GBA, DS and 3DS. Also most of the consoles you mentioned were advanced in some respects but underwhelming in others.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
An opinion is only respectable if it can be defended. Respect people, not opinions

Moshugan

@skywake Yeaah, anything is possible. Maybe the NX will release with Luigi's Mansion and Waverace as it's first party offerings. ;D

skywake

@Moshugan
Well the 3DS launched with Pilotwings and Nintendogs. And at it's unveiling the big release they highlighted was Kid Icarus Uprising. So yeah. The NX could launch with Luigi's Mansion and Waverace. I don't know if you were joking or not but really, think that's at all a crazy suggestion.

I think a remake of a 3D Mario/Zelda/Metroid would be better. A new entry entirely would be better again. But I wouldn't rule out the possibility of getting a whole pile of unexpected content. We might even get a new IP entirely for all we know.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
An opinion is only respectable if it can be defended. Respect people, not opinions

-SD-

I wouldn't be surprised to see Luigi's Mansion 3 as a launch title.... we're certainly not getting a 3D Mario game on release day. And if Waverace and/or 1080° were to make a triumphant return I'd be very happy.

SNK - The Future is Now

SLIGEACH_EIRE

@-SD- Luigi's Mansion 3 is definitely something I think we could see at launch. Surprised it wasn't on Wii U but then that console died so that's why. I could see it using a dual control setup.

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

gcunit

@-SD- @Moshugan Why so certain about no new 3D Mario at launch? Miyamoto could have just been trying to throw us off the scent for maximum effect when announced.

Luigi's Mansion 3? I dunno. Admittedly, I've only played a few minutes of the original and none of the second, but have a feeling the concept is too limited to warrant another title so soon, unless they mix it up somehow.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

gcunit

@SLIGEACH_EIRE That'll be one of those 'tell them what they want to hear' rumours, me thinks. Although, I personally wouldn't want to hear it as I don't think I've made 10 eshop purchases since My Nintendo Account launched.

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

dtjive

90% discount? Yeah...right.

This is getting silly now, just announce the damn thing!

dtjive

Octane

@SLIGEACH_EIRE Wait how does that even work? I'm assuming it's fake, but for the sake of playing along; Do the games have to be bought after the introduction of MyNintendo, or during the entire Wii U's lifespan. Cause if the latter is the case, then every Wii U owner on this forum gets an NX for free..

Octane

TuVictus

That is one of the silliest rumors yet. If they had said something more reasonable, like the return of a program similar to digital deluxe, I'd be more receptive. But lol at 90% discount on the console and games.

TuVictus

Moshugan

skywake wrote:

MarcelRguez wrote:

@skywake Don't forget Steel Diver.

Why not? Everyone else did

SICK BURRRNNN ! ! !

@-SD- @SLIGEACH_EIRE I could totes see a Luigi's Mansion with a greater multiplayer focus. You would run your own office similar to the Ghostbusters and answer house calls, manage funds and resources and research ghosts and equipment.

@gcunit I dunno, but the evidence points to the new kinda Mario being in too early in development - aside from rumors of there being one at launch.

Moshugan

@SLIGEACH_EIRE Ehh.. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a some kind of a loyalty program, but the specifics of that rumor sound total bunk.

Oubie

Hey guys, I had a little bit of spare time and made my own list of games for the NX, and some whishful thinking. What do you guys think? I'm going to stick to the March 2017 launch date of the NX.

Launch game: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Spring: Super Smash Bros. for NX (Wii U Remaster/Complete Edition, bundle with the last 3 amiibo)
Summer: WarioWare, Super Mario Maker NX (With new additions, to keep the online community alive)
Fall: Final Fantasy VII Remake (With Cloud amiibo functionality), Sonic (uhm...fingers crossed for this one)
Winter: Super Mario NX (New 3D platformer), Animal Crossing NX (New real follow up to New Leaf)

2018:

Spring: Mario Kart 9, Monster Hunter 5, Bravely 3
Summer: Splatoon 2, Kirby, Beyond Good and Evil 2
Fall: Dragon Quest XI, Bayonetta 3, Darksiders III, Kingdom Hearts 3
Winter: Pokémon, Metroid Prime IV, Mario Party 11

2019:

Spring: Fire Emblem, Mario & Luigi 6, Star Fox
Summer: Yoshi, Pikmin 4
Fall: Donkey Kong Country, Luigi's Mansion 3
Winter: Xenoblade 3

2020: Paper Mario 6, Lady Layton 2, The Legend of Zelda (New installment in the series)

Oubie

3DS Friend Code: 5000-2596-8451 | Nintendo Network ID: Oubie88

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic