Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 45,881 to 45,900 of 46,233

Anti-Matter

@StableInvadeel
"Players of the Japanese and Chinese versions of Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town have been able to confirm that the game does indeed feature same-sex relationships for both males and females."

Wow....! 😮😛
I will play as Boy character and looking for Handsome looking Husbando. 😂
Btw, i saw all the characters in game have NO mouth, just like Hello Kitty. 😆

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

StableInvadeel

It would seem that the way it works is the following:

At first only the regular opposite sex marriage options will appear to be available, as represented by the little hearts next to their name when you talk o them, and in the villager list.

You can see up to a certain amount of friendship events with all the marriage options, and then you need to give them a special item to lock them in as your romantic interest. This will make them be the only character with the aforementioned hearts. Characters that didn’t display them before will now have them.

After that you can continue watching their events and eventually marry/become “best friends” with them. (For the time being it seems the Asian versions of the game refer to same sex relationships as being “best friends”, it’s not clear if localizations will treat it differently).

Edited on by StableInvadeel

Invading your ranch, taking your cows.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Anti-Matter

@StableInvadeel
"For the time being it seems the Asian versions of the game refer to same sex relationships"
And that's why the Chinese Asian version was rated 12+ due to same sex marriage.
Untitled

My Top 6 games :

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

NEStalgia

@JaxonH I don't believe that machine is real. We all know Playstation doesn't cross-play!

Yeah, HDMI is a menace for this, I have that problem too. I have a fancy matrix switcher with a custom remote setup (I got a commercial remote with teh commercial not for consumer software but it's XP software long in the tooth, doesn't work so well on modern machines, and there's zero support or updates if you're not an authorized dealer/installer.) And it's still a menace. PS is the worst though. It outputs low voltage over HDMI (all Sony devices do) and Switches tend not to lock onto it and lose the signal at handshake. Switch and XB are fine. PS....not so fine and I end up having to reboot the switch all the time.

NEStalgia

Grumblevolcano

I find HDMI switches good for Nintendo systems and bad for everything else. For some reason it causes input lag on Xbox. So my TV which has 2 HDMI ports has 1 for the XB1 and 1 for a HDMI switch which is for Switch and Wii U.

Wii U ain't going into storage until Switch gets enough Wii U ports, Wii HD remasters as well as retro games via collections and NSO. Which will probably be never, Switch 2 will probably launch when Switch starts to get a decent retro library and start from scratch (i.e. NES only).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Octane

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Switch 2 will probably launch when Switch starts to get a decent retro library and start from scratch (i.e. NES only).

That reminds me, I'd love to play the gen 1 and 2 Pokemon games on Switch. Took them years to release them on 3DS, I wonder how long it will take them to release them on Switch...

Octane

IceClimbers

Give me the Gen 3 Pokemon games please.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

link3710

@IceClimbers Nah, they'd cut into Let's Go sales by releasing a superior version of the Kanto games if they brought in Gen 3.

Edited on by link3710

link3710

Grumblevolcano

With every system update that breaks the XB1, I'm ever thankful that Switch's OS is very basic.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Grumblevolcano

@link3710 Since the latest system update, everything except Halo 5 is sluggish to load. For example MCC takes so long to load that I get kicked from online matches for being idle. Plenty of other system updates since November 2015 have done similar things.

Grumblevolcano

NintendoByNature

Can't decide what to get next....
Yooka Laylee and the Impossible Lair or..
A hat in Time Bundle
I've heard almost nothing on either other than NL's review of YL. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

NintendoByNature

Anti-Matter

NintendoByNature wrote:

Can't decide what to get next....
Yooka Laylee and the Impossible Lair or..
A hat in Time Bundle
I've heard almost nothing on either other than NL's review of YL. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Which one do you prefer from platformer games ?
Running around with a Chameleon and Bat or with a human girl ?
You can tell which game you will choose based on which character you want to play first.

My Top 6 games :

NintendoByNature

@Anti-Matter either one really doesn't have a preference for me. I'm open to either just kinda wanted to see what's the better one to go with.

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

Just beat the first world of Ring Fit Adventure on Intense difficulty.

Sorry, I’m out of breath...

I haven’t sweated that much in a long time. Dear goodness that was, well... it was intense! (As advertised by the difficulty I suppose). It felt great. Burned 79 calories, heart rate up to 144bpm, and did 15 min of pure excercise during the hour I played. Which may not sound like a lot. But I assure you. It is. At least for someone like me who doesn’t excercise. Especially on Intense Difficulty. I can only imagine Exteme. Stay away unless you want to die with a ringcon laid on your tombstone.This game is dead serious about working out.

I was nearly dripping sweat off my face. Not quite, but almost.

Jax’s End-Of-Week Amazon Sales Update
The Witcher 3 on Switch has officially now sold out on Amazon. Which is great news for performance relative to expectations of shipped copies. And it’s still #13 in the Best Sellers list, though I expect that to drop now until it’s restocked.

In other news, Ring Fit Adventure has shot up to the #1 best selling video game on Amazon and #4 overall in the category, where it has remained for several days now. Coincidentally (or not) the Nintendo Switch v2 model also shot up at the same time to the #5 spot, where previously it had been hovering in the #30-40 range. It seems Ring Fit Adventure is having a significant impact on hardware sales, though I’m sure The Witcher 3 and Overwatch are at least somewhat supporting that dramatic rise.

@NintendoByNature
Yooka Laylee.

It’s not as good as DKC Tropical Freeze and Returns, but it comes reasonably close. Which is to say, it’s probably in the top 5 of best modern 2D platformers ever released.

A Hat In Time is decent from what I hear, but not the masterpiece some make it out to be. And I hear it’s a little rough around the edges on Switch. Nothing game breaking but a few frame rate stutters here and there.

Yooka Laylee is 765p docked / 540p handheld and looks excellent on Switch thanks to the graphical style, while Hat In Time is 720p docked / “a bit lower” handheld. But, Yooka is also rock solid 60fps while Hat In Time is 30 with a few hitches.

Both have load times that are a little longer than ideal.

When stacked against Yooka Laylee, IMO, Hat In Time falls a bit short. It’s also 16gb, while Yooka is much less.

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
NS: The Witcher 3, Luigis Mansion 3, Super Monkey Ball, DQXIS, Ori and the Blind Forest

MOST EXCITED FOR
NS: Metroid Prime 4, Zelda BotW 2, Xenoblade, Trials of Mana, Outer Worlds, Bayonetta 3
PS4: FFVII Remake
X1: Cyberpunk 2077

Jesus is Lord.

EvilLucario

I hear A Hat in Time sucks on every console, not just Switch. And even PC has bad optimization problems with DLC.

Which is unfortunate. Oh well. It IS very difficult to optimize 3D games though.

Edited on by EvilLucario

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic