Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 44,481 to 44,500 of 49,733

Heavyarms55

@NintendoByNature That sounds like a great idea! Why do you think that would be an unpopular opinion? Some people will probably consider it unlikely - I do - but I think it would be a nice bonus to be sure.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55 / SW 4867-2891-2493#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

klingki

My prediction (though most likely wishful thinking), is that there is going to be more to the SNES games coming to NSO. Instead of getting an SNES app just like the NES one, we'll get a full-blown retro subscription service, kind of like an Xbox Game Pass crossed with Virtual Console. You'll have to pay extra to subscribe, but in addition to the free NES games, you'll get at least GB/GBC, SNES, N64, GBA, and DS games as well (maybe not all from the start, but they'll at least start us with some and then dangle the promise of the others for the future). Again, maybe just wishful thinking as I miss Virtual Console, but Nintendo will want to leverage their legacy content eventually.

klingki

JaxonH

I’ll be honest, as nice as SNES would be (and they would be nice) the last thing I’m thinking about going into a Direct is SNES games 😁

Show me the Monster Hunter. Show me the Metroid Prime. Show me the Pikmin. Show me the Halo. Show me the money!!!

Of course MH won’t be revealed until next year after the expansion has had a chance to sell. Metroid Prime Trilogy won’t be revealed until 2021, a year before MP4 drops. Halo isn’t coming, and our new Pikmin 4 announcement will actually be a port of Pikmin 3.

Fine. Maybe SNES is the best thing to look forward to 😤

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
NS: Xenoblade, Bioshock, Borderlands 2, XCOM 2, Shantae Seven Sirens, Bug Fables
PC: Gears Tactics

MOST EXCITED FOR 2020
NS: Paper Mario Origami King, Trails of Cold Steel 3, Bravely Default II
PC: Cyberpunk 2077

Jesus is Lord.

klingki

@JaxonH Haha! For me, while I do want SNES games, they're probably not anywhere near the top of my list of most-wanted announcements either. But, with renewal time for NSO subscriptions coming up, I feel like it's a given that they're going to announce something, so that's the reasoning for my prediction. If the rumors from a while back are true about Nintendo wanting to set up a tiered pricing structure, I can't imagine that just adding SNES games really justifies making a whole separate pricing tier. But Nintendo gonna Nintendo, so we'll see what happens!

klingki

JaxonH

@klingki
Oh I'm sure they will make it 29.99 and you get SNES on top of NES. Which... I'm game. At $8 a pop for Genesis games, the extra cost is basically covered by a single game.

But thats only because I really, really want Super Mario World, Zelda Link to the Past and Super Metroid on my Switch. Normally I'm against the idea of renting. I prefer to own. Buuuut... if I have no other option, I'll do it. Zelda Link's Awakening seems a much more interesting playthrough than Link to the Past though, just by virtue of being a gorgeous remake

PLAYING
NS: Xenoblade, Bioshock, Borderlands 2, XCOM 2, Shantae Seven Sirens, Bug Fables

MOST EXCITED FOR 2020

Jesus is Lord.

Ralizah

I hope one of the third-party reveals is .hack//G.U. Last Recode. That trilogy was a ton of fun on PS2 and, realistically, should have little issue running well on the Switch.

Just... not in September.

Edited on by Ralizah

Playing depressing games alone in my cold, dark room <3

Heavyarms55

@JaxonH As much as I would jump on Halo 1-3 and Reach on Switch, I consider that as likely as Sega making a new console. Master Chief is basically the face of Xbox, I can't imagine MS letting him on any other console. It took them years and years to release PC ports!

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55 / SW 4867-2891-2493#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Grumblevolcano

I get the feeling Banjo will be a shadow drop today, the usual weekly spirit board or tourney event hasn't been announced yet and it's usually announced at 2am UK time on Wednesdays. So maybe Smash has like 5-8 minutes presence in the Direct rather than 2 for fighter 4.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DarkRula

Just as long as it isn't E3 2018 again, I'll be fine with it.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

NintendoByNature

@Heavyarms55 @HobbitGamer I feel like people wouldn't be interested in playing a more bare bones version of a game when they have the updated version in hand. Especially with the 2 button system. I'd personally love it though.

NintendoByNature

J-Plap

You know how we got the Lego Hatty Potter games ported on the switch? Does anyone else want any of the other lego games besides me?

J-Plap#7309 on discord

Snaplocket

JaxonH wrote:

I’ll be honest, as nice as SNES would be (and they would be nice) the last thing I’m thinking about going into a Direct is SNES games 😁

Show me the Monster Hunter. Show me the Metroid Prime. Show me the Pikmin. Show me the Halo. Show me the money!!!

Of course MH won’t be revealed until next year after the expansion has had a chance to sell. Metroid Prime Trilogy won’t be revealed until 2021, a year before MP4 drops. Halo isn’t coming, and our new Pikmin 4 announcement will actually be a port of Pikmin 3.

Fine. Maybe SNES is the best thing to look forward to 😤

@JaxonH Gee, pessimistic much?

Switch FC: SW-0930-5375-7512
3ds FC: 3539-8977-1109

Trajan

I really hope we hear about some stuff from Monolith.

And a N64 mini would make my month.

Edited on by Trajan

Sakurai: Which is why I think we should forget about console wars and focus on what’s really important: enjoying the games themselves.

"If we did this (mobile games), Nintendo would cease to be Nintendo." - Iwata

Anti-Matter

@J-Plap
"Does anyone else want any of the other lego games besides me?"

I have played LEGO CITY Undercover Wii U & Switch version. 😀

My Top 5 Music genre:
1. Super Eurobeat
2. Cyber Trance
3. Euro Trance
4. Hardcore Techno
5. Bubblegum / Eurodance

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

DarkRula

@J-Plap LEGO Jurassic World's getting ported, released this month. No need for the Star Wars games to be ported (except maybe The Clone Wars) with that new one coming sometime next year. I would assume they might port the Batman games, but that wouldn't be for at least another year. I have a feeling - or at least hope - we might be getting a new original game. Whether that's another truly original game like City Undercover was, or just messing around with a new IP.

Indiana Jones is too far irrelevant for a port, and Pirates of the Caribbean would do better with a new game. At a stretch I could see a port for some of the Marvel games as well, but again - a new game would probably be made instead.

Edited on by DarkRula

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

JaxonH

Seems MetaCritic has taken action and purged all the 0's for Astral Chain and Fire Emblem...

After the purge the score jumped up within 3 points of the official score. Which just goes to show, despite all the 10s for everything, statistically speaking the user reviews do actually tend to fall within a margin of error of the actual review in many cases.

@Snaplocket
As much as I'm accused of perpetual optimism I'm surprised to get a reply for the one semi-pessimistic post I've made in recent memory

especially when it was meant as a light-hearted jest

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING

MOST EXCITED FOR 2020

Jesus is Lord.

AndreaF96

@JaxonH kinda off topic but Celeste is the best 2d platformer in my humble opinion.

AndreaF96

Ryu_Niiyama

Ok monolithsoft, give me ports of xenoblade 1 and chronicles please (even though the latter would be a CHORE without the gamepad ).

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic