Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 44,481 to 44,500 of 70,008

EvilLucario

Gyro aiming is too good. If Microsoft includes gyroscopes in the Scarlett controller, gyro aiming NEEDS to be a standard across all consoles.

To be fair it should have been a standard since 2013, but whatever.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

SuperSpaghetti

I love the fact that older games get ported to the Switch, especially more underrated ones.

Future games collector

Toy_Link

Luigi's Mansion 3 is the fastest selling Nintendo game in the UK in 2019.

Not the top selling game in the UK this week, COD MW gets that honor.

Edited on by Toy_Link

Legal threats that have gone nowhere: 1

JaxonH

That’s quite the accomplishment given Mario Maker 2, Fire Emblem and Zelda are all pretty big sellers. Would say Astral Chain but, ya...

And it deserves it. Luigi’s Mansion 3 is a gem of a game. Fun through and through. It managed to pull me away from The Witcher 3 for like, 2-3 full days (and I’ll probably continue bouncing back and forth between them). And The Witcher 3 is now one of my favorite games I’ve ever played. Won’t say the best, but it’s up there. I’ll sort out where it ultimately lands once I beat it.

Gyro aiming really should be a standard at this point. It is on Switch. Just look how many games include it now. More include it than not (for games where it can offer an advantage, because obviously not every game is suited for gyro). Where else can you play Sniper Elite v2 and 3, Saints Row 3 (once the update drops), Skyrim, Resident Evil Revelations 1 and 2, Resident Evil 5 and 6, DOOM and DOOM Eternal, Wolfenstein 2 and Youngblood, GRID Autosport, Hellblade, LA Noire, Overwatch, Fortnite, Paladins, etc with gyro aiming (and that’s just 3rd party multiplats- there’s far more accounting for all the 1st party titles and 3rd party exclusives). Aside from PC, but that’s more due to allowing the user to map it rather than including it by default.

During the Wii U/3DS era, I played multiplats on PS/X1. Partly because most of them didn’t release on Nintendo systems, but also because there just wasn’t really any advantage even when they did. Switch offers the hybrid advantage. But even if it didn’t, gyro would be enough to sell me on any Switch version that included it. It really does make that much of a difference in the user experience.

One thing I would like to see more of though, from 3rd parties, is gyro used in intelligent ways beyond just third or first person shooters. Like Luigi’s Mansion 3. Gyro can offer so much if you’re smart about how it’s used.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

link3710

@JaxonH Honestly, I really don't get why PS4 games don't have it. The DS4 has excellent Gyro (I use it for PC gaming for that reason), but it seems like no one wants to put it in a major title on that system. I wonder if Sony discourages it? Cause the same companies put it in Switch titles. Or at least, the porting groups they contract out to do, but still.

link3710

Ralizah

@link3710 The Playstation crowd turns its nose up in disdain at any control scheme that's not pure dual analog, unfortunately. Whereas the Switch crowd actively asks for gyro aiming to be enabled in-game.

But, yes, this is why I play almost any non-exclusive game with a large aiming component on Steam.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

EvilLucario

@Ralizah Well **** them really. Make a bigger stink about it and actively press for it. Once it starts cropping up in multiplayer games, the salt would be even bigger and I would actually love to see it.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

link3710

Ugh, well I'm a PS4 gamer as well, I'd love it. If it's purely optional, then really who cares. And yes, I know about people complaining it makes multiplayer unfair.

In slightly more on topic news... anyone have any guesses for what Nintendo is going to do next year? As of now, we only know
1. Xenoblade Remake
2. TMS #FE Port

That still leaves us with probably another 6-10 1st party games over the course of the year. I'm going to assume Metroid Prime 4 and the new Xenoblade Chronicles are out given development cycles. That leaves of the stuff we know about that's potentially landing next year:

1. Bayonetta 3
2. Pikmin 4 (ha)
3. LoZ BotW 2

We can also assume that if Camelot's making Mario Golf, it'll be out next year, given those games always have two year development cycles (for better or for worse). Kirby also likely will get... some sort of release, HAL doesn't go a year without something. I have a feeling the next main game is 2021 though. Skip, Kuju and AlphaDream are gone now, IS probably won't have a release until 2021 (save maybe Pushmo/Pushblox), IndiesZero is unlikely, Jupiter only does Picross these days, Vanpool is probably not ready, NLG is out for 2-3 years, same with GoodFeel. On the other hand, we do know some developers who have a game due that may be be 1st party.

1. Monolith Soft New IP (ARPG)
2. NDCube (likely a Party game)
3. Genius Sonority (Probably an eshop game)
4. MercurySteam (potentially another Metroid?)

So... either we're going to have a pretty slow year next year, or expect a lot of collaborations with 3rd parties and stuff from Nintendo proper. I dunno, am I missing something here?

link3710

Grumblevolcano

@link3710 Animal Crossing on the games front while on the post launch support front there's the Fire Emblem story DLC, more Smash Ultimate DLC, Luigi's Mansion 3 DLC, Super Mario Maker 2 updates and maybe MUA3 DLC (I don't remember whether the expansion pass is finished by the end of this year). So probably a 2018 type year but with more 3rd party support.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Anti-Matter

@link3710
I don't really care or completely don't care with bigger title that peoples keep waiting for. (Metroid Prime 4, BOTW2, Pikmin 4, next Monster Hunter, etc)
I oftenly waiting for unusual / unexpected smaller games from indie or Nintendo.
So, games like Evoland 2, Pretty Princess Magical Coordinate, Override Mech City Brawl, Re:Legend, Race with Ryan, Ring Fit Adventures, etc will definitely in my radar.

Peoples keep defining AAA games should a lot of actions, more tensions, more serious looking, etc. But i don't even define my AAA games like that. My AAA games are completely different with typical gamers like that. If peoples keep looking the games like BOTW or Monster Hunter with giant monsters and Open World exploration, i'm looking the unusual or very odd games that quickly gain my attention without all the beefy specs. Show me Goose games or Ring Fit Adventures (for example), i will get attention.

And you said pretty slow year for next year, but i don't think so. I keep waiting more unexpected games with very unique ideas rather than beefy AAA games all the time.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Suicune

You can also count on a Pokémon release, I think.

Suicune

JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

link3710

Oh shoot how did I forget Animal Crossing? I mean, regardless, I could go a whole year without new games at this point, yeah, I'm just always curious to try and see if I can predict Nintendo's next moves.

link3710

NintendoByNature

@JaxonH good deal..i think I'm going to hold out to see whats in store for black Friday

NintendoByNature

Tangerine

Anyone else receive a nintendo catalogue in the post (UK) 10% coupon off anything from the uk Nintendo official store. Its making a switch lite all the more tempting!

Edited on by Tangerine

Tangerine

JaxonH

That super dope JP exclusive magnetic flip case for Switch Lite arrived today, and it's even better than I imagined. This thing is PERFECT!

Switch Lite now slips into my back jeans pocket and I dont have to worry about crushing it. Worth every penny for this thing. It transforms Switch Lite into a 3DS.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

edit
Resident Evil 5 and Resident Evil 6 are glorious on Switch. Just tried RE5 out, and the gyro is done better than any practically game I’ve ever played with gyro. Seriously, they nailed it. It’s even better than the gyro in RE Revelations 1 and 2. So incredibly smooth and no jitter. Perfect response. You don’t even have to adjust the sensitivity of the settings because they already have it dialed in perfectly. Vertical a little less sensitive than horizontal (as it should be).

Not only that the game looks really good on switch and it seems to run great from what I’ve experienced so far. Either the dips are brief enough that they just aren’t really an issue or the main release is in a better state than the demo. All I know is it appears to be near flawless from what I’ve played. But the Gyro, oh my gosh, the freaking gyro. That’s another 2 Resident Evil games with gyro added to the “must play” list. I love me some RE with gyro.

Also, as for 2020, I think it’ll be a slower year for sure. No way it matches 2017 or 2019. But that’s ok. 3rd party support has increased enough to pick up the slack. And I have so many games backlogged from 2019 I don’t need a single release from 2020 all year. But I do expect

• Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore
  • Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition
  • Animal Crossing
  • Zelda Breath of the Wild 2
  • Bayonetta 3
  • Pikmin 3
  • New Kirby
  • Mario Golf
  • Surprise Nobody Will Guess

Actually, 2020 could shape up to be quite a banger. Maybe not as much as 2019 but, I wouldn’t be complaining if that was what we saw from the 1st party side, knowing we’re gonna get Trials of Mana. Knowing we’re gonna get The Outer Worlds. Persona 5 Scramble. Pillars of Eternity 2. DOOM Eternal. Darksiders Genesis.

Edited on by JaxonH

Magician

Interesting. Play-Asia has added "random Switch game" as a cart item for $20. Which is a pretty slick way to dump old inventory that isn't moving. I assume anyone who gives it a try is going is probably going to be disappointed, just like any gacha system.
https://www.play-asia.com/random-nintendo-switch-game/13/70d495

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

TheFrenchiestFry

So supposing that leaked pic of a Mii Fighter Cacodemon hat is real

I may have just pulled a RelaxAlax Joker tier prediction considering I put forward DOOM Slayer as specifically the closing fighter for the pass over a year in advance

I'm proud of myself

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic