Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 42,341 to 42,360 of 43,650

Tangerine

ReaderRagfish wrote:

@Tangerine I use the D Pad for Street Fighter, NES Online, Puyo Puyo Tetris, etc

That makes sense. It's been so long since I used NES online, but I don't think I used the D pad even then. I wouldn't even know if my 2 pro controllers had defects, as many others report with their d pads!

A hat in time stealth release would be great That and castle crashers is on my list so either or I'd be happy releasing today.

Tangerine

PikPi

I actually find myself preferring the Switch D-pad in many side scrollers. I guess I probably just got used to it, but I feel like it's so much better for precision jumping/movement

PikPi

Tangerine

@PikPi I believe it probably is more precise. I should make a concerted effort to try using it more. I think solely using the control stick has just became ingrained for me.

I'm 14 hours into Persona Q2 now. I'm liking it lots (I completed the first game)

So far I've seen no new shadow's which is a shame. They are reused assets from the first game. The FOEs are all new at least.

Obviously the lack of English voice acting is another big difference and a shame.

But other than that I think the changes made improve on the original formula. Auto healing when returning to the main hub being a biggie, but there are many more.

Tangerine

AlternateButtons

@Ralizah Why do you think this? Is it being shown off today or something?

Want an awesome Let's Play show to watch when you're bored? Check out my new show, Alternate Buttons where we play games for your viewing pleasure! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG0IbzMJDa9hZJFTGOB8Vug/feed

3DS Friend Code: 4983-5439-2641 | Nintendo Network ID: Guitardude7

Ralizah

@AlternateButtons No idea. They're focusing on "indie games" today, though, and Gears for Breakfast has been silent for months. This seems like the ideal opportunity to announce some sort of news about it.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

Anti-Matter

Meanwhile....

Who have interest with Doraemon and Bokujou Monogatari ?

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

EvilLucario

@Tangerine I've used many D-Pads in my life and the Joy-Con D-Pads are one of my favorites because it is extremely precise with menu navigation (great for RPGs) and platformers. Games like Sonic Mania and Hollow Knight really show that off well.

Top-down games like Blaster Master Zero suffer from it since it doesn't feel good, but in that case I would have used the analog stick anyway, traditional D-Pad or no.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

BruceCM

EvilLucario wrote:

the Joy-Con D-Pads.

Um, buttons? I prefer those to D-pads, personally....

SW-4357-9287-0699
Gamertag: BruceCM

RedderRugfish

I like the Joy Con D buttons for menus and puzzle games like Tetris. I hate them for everything else.

Especially Street Fighter, playing that game with Joy Cons is a nightmare regardless of whether you use the D buttons or the stick.

Mario Maker 2: JN2-5GV-VTF
Latest Level: The Mario Repair Shop 361-D5D-1CG

Tangerine

Wow... coincidentally I was just told not to use the control stick by Cadance in Cadance of Hyrule! I've only just downloaded/played it for 10 mins. Definitely one to use the D pad in! First game I've felt it necessary actually. The rhythm element makes it a no brainer. Side note: this game is tough! I've never played crypt of the necrodancer. I'm sure I'll get the hang of it eventually... fingers crossed!

Tangerine

Magician

Anti-Matter wrote:

Who have interest with Doraemon and Bokujou Monogatari ?

Doraemon and Story of Seasons?

If a western release isn't announced in the next couple months I'll spring for the English sub Japanese release.
https://sea.play-asia.com/doraemon-story-of-seasons-english-s...

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 366 games (as of July 18th, 2019)
Currently playing: Dragon Quest Builders 2 (Switch) Mary Skelter (PS Vita) Borderlands The Pre-sequel (PS4)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

Ralizah

LOL A Hat in Time is never coming to the Switch.

Ralizah

Tangerine

Ive totally got the hang of Cadance of Hyrule now. What an awesome game! So addictive and looks great too

Tangerine

RR529

@Magician, Bandai Namco is localising it this Fall. There was an NL article about it sometime back.

Currently Playing:
Switch - NSMBU Deluxe
PS4 - Moss

JaxonH

Seems this info for Fire Emblem Three Houses is legit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/bp3km3/thanibomb_three_houses_rumors_summarycompilation/

Notably,

• Students lose their school uniforms and look more unique on promotion
  • There is a 5 year timeskip
  • Pretty much everyone’s look changes after the timeskip
  • The Houses will get much more antognistic towards each other in other paths
  • The academy remains important throughout the game buts becomes less relevant later on
  • "Part 1" has ~12 chapters, no word on how many parts. "Part 1 has a heavy focus on the academy, for example, while Part 2 does not."
  • There are four paths that don't converge. The fourth path is not a "happily ever after" path, and Edelgard gets two of those paths. One of them is a "neutral" path.
  • "Let's just say the story and character development are much, much better than Fateswakening. Major Jugdral + Tellius vibes with a little modern flair. Edelgard reminds me so much of Micaiah, but much more... ruthless."
  • "The school setting was just a facade for a much darker storyline. And there will be more than three countries involved..."
  • "From what I know (very little) of the story so far, I'd give it a 9. By comparison Genealogy is a 10 and Fates is a 2."

Also, per a USGamer article, the weapon triangle is gone, in favor of a more in depth combat arts system. And regarding progression of chapters, they had this to say:

On Sundays, the character player—a newly appointed professor at the Officer's Academy—can take a free action. Sometimes this means exploring the academy grounds, talking to students and raising motivation, completing the aforementioned quests. The school grounds contain a lot of side activities, from the Amiibo gazebo (yes, it is called that) to cats and dogs (I asked, and in the current build, you cannot pet them). Or you could hold an additional lecture, or rest to raise the motivation of your army. There are also battles, which can either be simple fights for treasure and experience, to lead-ins that set up the big battle at the end of every chapter and month. If you're indecisive, that's okay, as the game will notify you when a prologue battle is available and global player percentages will tell you what others have done in your shoes.

Edited on by JaxonH

NOW PLAYING
NS: Dragon Quest Builders 2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, God Eater 3, Mario Maker 2, Valkyria Chronicles 4, Final Fantasy XII
PS4: Judgement
PSVR / Vita / X1 / PC / Rift / Win2 / WiiU / 3DS: [nothing]

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

iKhan

Given what Nintendo had to show at E3, I think I get their decision not to show off new hardware at this event, if they have anything coming down the pipeline.

Their big games for the year are Animal Crossing, Pokemon, and Luigi's Mansion. Those are not games that will impress people to buy a Switch Pro. We can all hope for an ambitious Pokemon, but it ain't happening anytime soon. And no matter how ambitious Animal Crossing or Luigi's Mansion go, they are never going to be technically demanding games.

Furthermore, Nintendo would not want to reveal a Switch Mini at E3 without simultaneously showing a Pro. It would be poor PR with the audience Nintendo has gotten really good at knowing over the past few years.

If I were Nintendo, I would wait to show a Switch Pro until I can show more of BOTW2 and maybe the next Xenoblade, because those have been more demanding on the system.

Edited on by iKhan

Currently Playing: Pokemon Crystal, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Super Smash Bros: Ultimate, Daemon X Machina Prototype Missions

Anti-Matter

@iKhan
"If I were Nintendo, I would wait to show a Switch Pro until I can show more of BOTW2 and maybe the next Xenoblade, because those have been more demanding on the system."

Not everyone waiting for demanding games.
I think Animal Crossing New Horizons, Luigi Mansion 3, Pokemon Sword / Shield are already demanding enough despite still in Cartoonish looking.
AAA 3rd party games with OMG HD Ultra Realistic 4K 120fps graphics and intense violences are NOT even an example of demanding games.That was NOT a definition of demanding games. Not everyone want games like that.

My Top 6 games :

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

RedderRugfish

@Anti-Matter So then what is your definition of a demanding game?

Mario Maker 2: JN2-5GV-VTF
Latest Level: The Mario Repair Shop 361-D5D-1CG

Anti-Matter

@ReaderRagfish
Demanding games for me is the games that looks interesting with my definitions : Cute, Lesser violences, Cartoonish / Kiddie looking, Colorful places, Simple, Unique, Unusual, Safe for kids, Have great BGM, Girlie, Chibi Six pack, Cartoonish Boxing, Can edit something with heart desire, Not really a famous brand.

The games i'm looking for mostly hidden gem games that usually not so famous, but i'm okay with that since i don't need to follow mainstream games (FIFA, shooter games, gritty action games, criminal games, etc) that i will never like at all. Those kind of games like that are completely NOT my definition of demanding games.

I would better play some Girlie games for 3 - 7 years old girls like Cooking Mama, Imagine series, Style Savvy, Disney Magical World 2, etc with No Violences at all rather than any gritty violence games with OMG Ultra HD Realistic graphic in 2160p 8k 120fps.

My Top 6 games :

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic