Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 42,341 to 42,360 of 45,865

Grumblevolcano

Seems like a reasonable guess that Switch Mini is being announced sometime before the investors meeting on June 27th given all the smoke surrounding accessory preorders.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

PikPi

Mini is all well and good but I'm more interested I the rumored Pro edition or whatever

Edited on by PikPi

PikPi

Lucarianzx

I think the pro will come out next year. Right now Nintendo's ending the 3ds and offering an affordable switch for children. That's what happened with the 3ds. There's no doubt there will be a Switch pro, I just think it will come out later than the Switch mini.

I don't like Monster Hunter.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCySCtUppltv_WhFobC0Rq8w? (My safe place)
I'm probably listening to green day right now.

JaxonH

There is no Pro Edition.

That was all baseless speculation given what Sony and MS did. More of a wishlist item that people just repeat to the point they think it’s true.

The actual reports suggest a “modest upgrade” replacement model, that will be the same price and replace the current model. Little better battery life, slight redesign, etc. perhaps a marginal improvement with the chip. But given it’s evidently going to replace the current model, one thing is clear: it’s not a Pro. Switch pro doesn’t exist.

We won’t see a leap until the next generation

PLAYING
NS: DQXIS, Ori and the Blind Forest, Ni No Kuni, Divinity: OS 2, Astral Chain, Zelda Link’s Awakening

HEY LISTEN! GO PLAY ORI AND THE BLIND FOREST!

Jesus is Lord.

CLICK HERE For My Switch Collection

Lucarianzx

I honestly hope there is no Switch pro, just because there will be exclusive games for it that work better on it. (And Nintendo will push to buy another console)

Edited on by Lucarianzx

I don't like Monster Hunter.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCySCtUppltv_WhFobC0Rq8w? (My safe place)
I'm probably listening to green day right now.

Octane

@WebHead Pokemon Stars was also listed by several retailers. And it never existed either. Just saying.

Octane

WebHead

@Lucarianzx I dont think so. Switch games are a lot more expensive to make than 3DS games. I do not think that will fly anymore.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Grumblevolcano

Only a few more remasters/remakes left to happen before Switch is the ultimate handheld PS1.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

@Therad
Just to clarify, I do buy what I say, and definitely wouldn’t download some pic off the internet (this isn’t everything- just what I could cram into the shot). You’ll see my name on the 3rd shelf down

Untitled

@Octane
These are actual accessories though. Unless you’ve ever seen a listing for a fake accessory? I certainly haven’t.

We all know the occasional bogus listing happens from time to time, but that doesn’t mean we just outright dismiss any listing ever. There’s nuance in all things. We have to look at the specific situation and evidence, and judge according. We’re seeing multiple listings at multiple retailers for Switch mini accessories. And phantom accessories aren’t something retailers tend to list. Compound that with multiple leaks from multiple journalists whose sources indicate Switch Mini is coming, as well as historical precedent of Nintendo releasing a redesign a few years in, and the fact Nintendo will want a cheaper, more portable model to sell with Pokémon/Animal Crossing as they attempt to capture the bulk of the handheld market, and the picture starts to come into focus. And tbh, at this point that picture is crystal clear.

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
NS: DQXIS, Ori and the Blind Forest, Ni No Kuni, Divinity: OS 2, Astral Chain, Zelda Link’s Awakening

Jesus is Lord.

JaxonH

@Morpheel
No it won’t, cause it’s not for sale.

But if I did ever get out of gaming, I’d sell on eBay where I have 400+ feedback at 100% rating. Yard sales are for the masses who want furniture and five dollar coffee pots. Nobody would want Switch games, and on the off chance someone did, they’d probably only buy a couple and at a very low price. It could take years selling a full collection in a yard sale. Better to just give the games away at that point and be done with it.

In fact, I did have a major sale a few years ago. Every PS4 game on the shelf aside from exclusives got sold on eBay, and repurchased for Xbox One (due to no external storage allowed on PS4, then as soon as I converted they patched in external drive support... go figure, but I don’t mind because games tend to look/run better on the Xbox One X anyways). 60+ games sold and repurchased. Only netted a loss of about $100 converting over. The power of eBay and BestBuy GCU on sale prices should not be underestimated..

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING

Jesus is Lord.

RedderRugfish

I mostly find Wii shovelware at yard sales

Mario Maker 2: JN2-5GV-VTF
Latest Level: The Mario Repair Shop 361-D5D-1CG

JaxonH

@Morpheel
You don’t like my shelf? I mean sure, it’s a $40 Walmart shelf but, I think it’s low profile and gets the job done. Doesn’t hold nearly enough games though. Will have to swing by and grab another one soon.

PLAYING

Jesus is Lord.

Link-Hero

If those Switch Mini accessories are legit and not some knockoff, I don't understand why it needs to exist. The device doesn't need to be any smaller as it is already very compact. What they need is a Pro version to help future proof the Switch and to satisfy the 3rd parties, so they're less likely to complain later on.

Edited on by Link-Hero

Link-Hero

Nintendo Network ID: LinkHero25

Grumblevolcano

@Link-Hero The purpose of a Switch Mini would be to make the Switch more handheld-like at a reduced price. No dock, one unit rather than a unit with detachable Joy-Cons, dpad instead of directional buttons, etc. for 3DS owners to upgrade from 3DS to Switch.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Dogorilla

Lucarianzx wrote:

I honestly hope there is no Switch pro, just because there will be exclusive games for it that work better on it. (And Nintendo will push to buy another console)

I'm with you there. It would be stupid for Nintendo to divide Switch owners into haves and have-nots. I don't think they'd do that though. They kind of did with the New 3DS but there were very few major New 3DS exclusives and almost all of them were ports. If there is a Switch Pro it'll probably be like the PS4 Pro and X1X, ie just a more powerful version with no exclusive games. I'm not convinced it really exists though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NCyD3XoJgM

RedderRugfish

Link-Hero wrote:

The device doesn't need to be any smaller as it is already very compact.

I'll agree with this once it fits into my pocket.

Mario Maker 2: JN2-5GV-VTF
Latest Level: The Mario Repair Shop 361-D5D-1CG

Cotillion

@JaxonH Looks pretty close to the same shelf unit I use, which I also got cheap from WalMart. I've got 2 side by side with all my Nintendo games on them and it's almost time for a third (from NES thru to Switch, to clarify I don't have 2 of those filled with only Switch games).

Cotillion

BruceCM

Link-Hero wrote:

What they need is a Pro version to help future proof the Switch and to satisfy the 3rd parties, so they're less likely to complain later on.

That's probably coming next year... & it's likely the next-gen would be a Switch 2, anyway, which would still play current Switch games

SW-4357-9287-0699
Gamertag: BruceCM

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic