Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 42,341 to 42,360 of 70,011

JaxonH

@Lilseb93
Thanks! 😁

Lots of great games to be excited for. Plus, Fire Emblem has really put me in a delightful mood. Games this good don’t come around often, and every day I play it I can’t help but smile. Though lately it does seem like one great game is releasing after another. Dragon Quest Builders 2, for example. Excellent game. I wouldn’t put it on par with FE, but it’s excellent nonetheless. And Astral Chain is coming up, as well as Dragon Quest XI S. And Luigi’s Mansion 3, and Zelda Link’s Awakening. And Pokémon, and The Witcher 3, and Ni No Kuni... ya, there’s a lot of great games releasing one after another.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

link3710

@JaxonH Last I heard, the main missing genres were arcade racers and simulation racers, though I haven't followed if any of the recent releases are actually really good.

Also yes, the Bayonetta series is wonderful. Now if only we could get the Viewtiful Joe trilogy and Wonderful 101 on the Switch to join them, we'd have basically all the greatest Clover/Platinum hits. (Except MadWorld but... honestly I still haven't played that one to be sure how good it is.)

link3710

JaxonH

@link3710
Ya there’s a few missing genres, but I’m sure those will fill out over time. I’d say Horizon Chase Turbo is, despite being an indie, one of the more fun arcade racers I’ve played in some time. GRID Autosport is coming too, and while it may not be the best of its genre, at least it looks competent with a high resolution (which honestly, we’ve seen a ton of racers, they’ve just all been rather shoddy ports). Also, some genres I think don’t fit the Switch well. Fortite/Paladins seem to have found a following though, so what do I know. Even MMOs have found a footing on Switch. Not nearly as large as other platforms but, a footing nonetheless. And it’s important to have a few games in those genres.

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Lilseb93

@JaxonH I went crazy with the vouchers and got all my games ready to go for this year. The Switch brought back my love for Nintendo and handhelds. I basically own every biggest Switch game. I like practically every genre of games so I always have something to play. And the portability is so great. This may be my favorite Nintendo console ever and that's saying something.

SoFlo Gamer
Currently playing: Bayonetta

Switch Friend Code: SW-7562-0637-3118 | My Nintendo: SebGamer93 | Twitter:

JaxonH

@Lilseb93
Couldn’t agree more!

I bought 12 vouchers:

Mario Maker 2
DQ Builders 2
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
Fire Emblem Three Houses
Astral Chain
Daemon X Machina
Zelda Link’s Awakening
Dragon Quest XI S
Luigi’s Mansion 3
Pokémon Sword
Animal Crossing New Horizons
12th Game Unnanounced (just needs to release by July 2020)

I also love every genre of game. I’m of the belief every genre can appeal to every person- it just takes playing the right game (Fire Emblem for example- I never liked turn based games til I played Fire Emblem, which single-handedly changed the entire trajectory of my preferences... now I’m an RPG fanatic). Since getting back into gaming with the 3DS and Wii U, I’ve spent the last five years playing catch-up, basically buying any game that catches my interest and seeing if I like it. It won’t last forever, but I’m still in this wonderful exploratory phase where the world is my oyster. So many games, and it’s fantastic diving in headfirst and discovering what I like and what I don’t for myself. Come next generation, I’ll likely be buying way less games, since by that point I’ll have tried enough of everything to have a good idea of what I like and don’t. But as long as the Switch is around, I’m going nuts with it.

And it’s easily my favorite console I’ve ever owned. The seamless transition from console to handheld, the snappy OS and instant screenshots/videos, the wonderful exclusives and portable multiplats... it’s too cool 😎

Edited on by JaxonH

HobbitGamer

Switch has also become my favorite console. I’ve always been about the games first, so I can enjoyably play on anything from the Amiga up; Switch just seems to get me in the game quicker. Sure I miss some of the XBL features I got accustomed too, but those were mostly icing for me. When I have the option to take my home game wherever I want and keep playing it the same, it’s a huge difference to me.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

JaxonH

Anyone interested in RPGs or Dragon Age or Obsidian Entertainment (Outer Worlds, Fallout New Vegas, South Park Stick of Truth, etc) watch this video for Pillars of Eternity.

Its quick, to the point, tells you exactly what you need to know about the Switch port on offer. They address text size reading on TV and handheld mode, console play redesign (was originally a PC game), etc and they show actual Switch gameplay

Pillars of Eternity Switch Overview

Edited on by JaxonH

Anti-Matter

@StableInvadeel
And if i caught the Harvest Sprites going lazy, i will paid him with weeds / fodders. 🤣

Psst...
Don't tell anyone if i have a plan to put something strange into a Giant Pot at Harvest Festival. 🤣
It wasn't Karen did that, it was me. 😆

Anti-Matter

Lilseb93

@JaxonH I just picked it up. I love me some RPGs.

SoFlo Gamer
Currently playing: Bayonetta

Switch Friend Code: SW-7562-0637-3118 | My Nintendo: SebGamer93 | Twitter:

JaxonH

Right on. Good to get confirmation for Darksiders 2.

TheFrenchiestFry

I loved all of the EVO announcements yesterday

Highlights for me were Haohmaru in SoulCalibur VI, Snake in Tekken 7 (That gag at the end probably isn't a joke knowing Haruda), KOF XV, Janemba's DBFZ trailer and A NEW GUILTY GEAR AAAAAAAAAAAA

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Grumblevolcano

@redd214 Ha, another September game. September is indeed a battle royale and the winner will probably be Link's Awakening.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DarkRula

Add LEGO Jurassic World to the September list as well. Switch port's just been announced.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

Ryu_Niiyama

Come on bamco...port Soul Calibur already! (either way getting the newly announced characters) Can't wait for samsho to hit switch. I have not bought it for PS4 yet but I've been watching tons of vids...give it to me. I'm ready.

I know it won't happen but I wish they would port TTT2. I don't like Tekken in general but I enjoy TTT.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Kyogre101

@Tsurii There seems to be a listing for it on Amazon UK, although I’m not sure about for other countries.

Kyogre101

Switch Friend Code: SW-7398-1470-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 4528-2946-9991

Ryu_Niiyama

@link3710 Sim racers aren't bad if you are a motorcycle fan. Cars however...yeah that is still bad.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

link3710

@Ryu_Niiyama TTT2 is the best game in the series by far IMO. If we do get a Switch release, I'd think it'd have to be alongside them finally releasing it on PC.

link3710

Ryu_Niiyama

@link3710 Yeah, I love this fighting game revival we have been experiencing for the past 6-8 or so years but I'm wishing we could get ports or collections for PC and Switch. I'm tired of hauling my ps4 to my FGC meetup. Still it's better than the drought.

Obligatory begging for VF6 or a collection...give me something SEGA, here.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

NintendoByNature

Still waiting on the news for Pine and when that's releasing. Considering we haven't heard when it's its coming, if it's still an August release, that'll put it late August which stinks since that'll be dedicated to astral chain. Unless, there's a direct coming soon and itll be an "available now" release.

NintendoByNature

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic