Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 40,001 to 40,020 of 70,008

WebHead

Yeah there has to be some issue with NSO Nintendo is not talking about.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

HobbitGamer

what other Nintendo games even let you invite a friend directly. I can’t remember for the life of me. And not counting lobbies or passcode matching like smash and Pokémon

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Ralizah

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Atelier Ryza is looking absolutely gorgeous here.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

MarioVillager92

@HobbitGamer Mario Kart lets you do that. I've had a friend join me in worldwide races in MK8D

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Octane

Ralizah wrote:

EvilLucario wrote:

I don't even like The Witcher 3 but if that ever makes it to Switch, we can finally stop with the "underpowered trash system OMEGALUL" rhetoric... hopefully.

I'm not inclined to think that obnoxious fanboys and trolls are the sort of people who will soberly reflect on the foolishness of their behavior. Try that, and the trolling will just transition to the game's performance and visual fidelity in comparison to the home console versions (despite the PC version running at double the framerate and supporting better visuals and whatnot).

Mockery is the second best response to such people after ignoring them outright.

Yeah... but The Witcher 3.

Octane

1UP_MARIO

@HobbitGamer I think only Mario kart 8 d and splatoon 2

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

gcunit

Looks nice, but I'm guessing they're all cutscene shots...?

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Ralizah

Here's a video showing off some of the game's environments.

https://twinfinite.net/2019/05/atelier-ryza-video/

Incidentally, Koei Tecmo has also sent an official press release in the meanwhile, and it includes a few more details in addition to what we learned earlier.

The levels have been designed in order to let the player feel the vastness of the adventure, while the new crafting system will be more intuitive visually in order to cause “the fun of recipe development” to be reborn. There is also a new system that will allow the player to “make” new items that couldn’t be made in previous games.

A few hints have been provided about the combat system, which has been redesigned and is “different from the conventional turn-based command system, providing a tense battle.” It also “enables the bond with friends to be felt more strongly."

Seems like it's the start of an entirely new subseries as well. I'm thinking this is going to be my first Atelier game if the Switch port is well-optimized.

Octane wrote:

Yeah... but The Witcher 3.

Oh, yeah, no way in hell is it happening. I meant that post more as a general thing.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

JaxonH

Im diggin that new Atelier game.

I suppose it’s time to re-assess the coming lineup now that the insanity of April and May are behind us. Naturally, the lineup is going to bulk up quite a bit come E3 and the fall Direct, but it’s still nice to see the cards we already have on the table before going into E3. This isn’t everything, as some releases I didn’t deem worthy of listing (Tennis World Tour: Roland-Garris Edition and Attack On Titan 2: Final Battle, for example), and there are some rumored listings (The Witcher 3) and leaked listings (Biomutant) that still need confirmation. I did, however, list Darksiders 2 (which appeared alongside Biomutant) due to it being leaked twice and with a release date to seal the deal. It’s happening. Also included a few retail releases of digital games, as they may be of notable interest.

May
Hollow Knight (5/31)
Pixark (5/31)
June
Crash Team Racing (6/21)
Terraria (6/25)
Bloodstained Ritual of the Night (6/25)
Super Neptunia RPG (6/25)
Mutant Year Zero (6/25)
Moto GP 19 (6/27)
Mario Maker 2 (6/28)
July
Red Faction Guerilla ReMARstered (7/2)
God Eater 3 (7/12)
Dragon Quest Builders 2 (7/12)
Enter the Gungeon (7/16)
Marvel Ultimate Alliance (7/19)
Snooker 19 (7/19)
Raiden V (7/25)
Wolfenstein Youngblood (7/26)
Fire Emblem Three Houses (7/26)
Horizon Chase Turbo (7/30)
Trine 1-3 (7/31)
August
Guacamelee Collection (8/6)
Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist (8/20)
Astral Chain (8/30)
Killer Queen Black (8/?)
Darksiders 2 (8/?) leaked
September
RPG Maker MV (9/3)
AI The Somnium Files (9/17)
Trine 4 (9/30)
October
Yu-No (10/1)
TBA 2019
Dragon Quest XI S
Daemon X Machina
Pillars of Eternity 2
Animal Crossing
Luigi’s Mansion 3
Pokémon Sword/Shield
Zelda Link’s Awakening
Town
DOOM Eternal
Sniper Elite III
Destiny Connect
The Alliance Alive
2020 - Beyond
Persona 5 Scramble
Shin Megami Tensei V
Metroid Prime 4
Bayonetta 3

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

link3710

@JaxonH This year's looking crazy already. September usually has the most 3rd party releases of the whole year, it's pretty safe to assume we'll get a Lego title, FIFA, and NBA 2K to fill in that month, alongside whatever else ends up being announced/dated for that month. December will probably get a Rise of Skywalker tie in Lego game.

And well, since you handled the solid stuff, I guess I'll collect some rumors. The Witcher 3 and Biomutant were already mentioned. Now, while I don't usually trust Rogers, supposedly we'll likely see at the minimum a 2013 Wii U port (Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, 3D World or W101 most likely, though that just goes to show that almost all missing Wii U ports are from that year). Given that most of her 'leak' has already been fulfilled just from directs prior to this point (Labo VR, Link's Awakening, Box Boy and Box Girl, Astral Chain, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, and Super Mario Maker 2 and Cadence of Hyrule make for 7 out of the 8 Nintendo published titles she claimed would be announced for this year, matching what limited specifics were provided), I'm gonna run with the chance of a Wii U port being announced, so that seems likely for September as well. Also on the Nintendo front, Retro Studios having a basically finished title announced and launched is still on the board until E3 passes, and Pokemon Spin-Offs seem likely to be announced tonight, potentially PMD, Detective Pikachu port, or something brand new. Also Metroid Prime Trilogy, of course. It's the only game from the Best Buy leak not to show up in some form (ALTTP remake showed up as LA remake, and P5S turned out to be Persona 5 Scramble not Switch, so not the best record there)

Other possible game announcements for the year include Spyro: Reignited Trilogy (rumored to be announced alongside the leaked PC version), Ace Attorney Trilogy 2 or AA7, the new Ubisoft IP and a new Contra from Konami.

Though, honestly, this year's upcoming titles don't seem to have as much rumored as usual. No idea what else Capcom, Sega, THQ or many others might bring for the holiday season.

Edited on by link3710

link3710

kkslider5552000

I keep forgetting we're getting a brand new Platinum game in like 3 months. We should not forget that we're getting a new Platinum game in 3 months.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

link3710

@kkslider5552000 Are you kidding? That's like, my top game release of the summer! It's the only title so far I know I'm 100% getting at launch.

link3710

Aozz101x

Detective Pikachu is coming to switch, confirmed during the conference.
https://nintendoeverything.com/detective-pikachu-game-announc...

Edited on by Aozz101x

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

JaxonH

@link3710
Well, BestBuy never listed Persona 5 S. It only said Persona 5, which Persona 5 Scramble would definitely fall under without the subtitle. But ya, I think Metroid Prime Trilogy has been bumped to 2020 after the Prime 4 delay. Because that game was long since due. And the only explanation for its MIA status is the Prime 4 delay, and given we still haven’t seen an announcement I’m just going to assume they’ve postponed it until that game is a little closer to release. Would love to be proven wrong though.

I was 100% sold on the 2013 Wii U port also, as her leak has been spot on in every other aspect. But then I heard rumblings that even that was being pushed to 2020 (presumably due to the cramped lineup?). Who knows. Either way, Pikmin 3 is coming (since that was the game she mentioned). And I’m pretty sure Wonderful 101 and Bravely Default/Second are coming too. Longer term, I’d be shocked and amazed if they didn’t just polish off the bottom of the Wii U library with a Xenoblade X and 3D World port for 2020.

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

Aaaaand....

New Detective Pikachu announced for Switch (bout time- they were super out of touch with that Det Pik release on 3DS, a year after the mass exodus to Switch... companies are just SO reluctant to embrace change, ever to their detriment)

NintendoByNature

@kkslider5552000 dude I haven't gone a day without thinking of astral chain 😃. One of my most hyped games this year aside from links awakening

NintendoByNature

link3710

Is it a new Detective Pikachu? Sounded more like an expanded port to me.

And Pokemon Home announced as a replacement to Bank with increased connectivity, so that's good.

Pokemon Sleep is... weird. So weird. So very very weird. The title explains it all. It sounds like the QoL project Nintendo had for years may actually have come to a conclusion here.

Pokemon Masters is... also weird, but less so at least. No idea what it's actually about though.

Edited on by link3710

link3710

-Green-

Can I just say that the translator holding back laughter during the Pokémon Sleep segment was amazing

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

IceClimbers

Pokemon Masters is probably a gacha game for the various trainers across the series (Gym Leaders, Elite 4, Champions, possibly even rivals or villain team bosses).

Pokemon Home is a megaton, though the diagram suggested that everything except Sword/Shield will be a 1 way transfer.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic