Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 36,041 to 36,060 of 70,025

FragRed

@Octane I think there was an article on Nintendo Life from earlier this year where publishers stated they wanted the lower capacity cards to reduce in price. But it’s certainly more about reducing costs than anything else. I mean just look at how Activision sold Spyro on the PS4 & Xbox One, and Blu-Rays are cheap enough as it is to produce.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Octane

@FragRed I think Spyro was more a case of 2 and 3 not being finished yet and therefore not on disc, than deliberately leaving them off to save costs. I mean, they delayed the game very short before release, the game had problably gone gold already. So it seems to be that it was always their plan to ship the first game on disc and finish 2 and 3 in the last two months before release. It's impossible to know of course, but it felt a bit like a rush job to me. Jumping on the Crash remake bandwagon when people were still excited.

Octane

Grumblevolcano

64GB carts aren't going to bring in larger (as in download size) games either because there's still the reality that Switch owners can't buy the game digitally without a microSD card.

Not even the largest games on the other systems like Halo 5, Gears 4, Modern Warfare Remastered, RDR2, etc. are large enough to fill up the entire internal drive with 1 game irrelevant of the console model.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Octane

@Grumblevolcano You probably cannot buy a 32GB game without an SD card either, doesn't stop Nintendo from selling 32GB cards though.

Octane

Grumblevolcano

@Octane As far as I can tell, 32GB cart has been used only once (DQ Heroes 1+2 in Japan) and while I don't know for certain I doubt the digital size is larger than the Switch's internal storage.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Sadist

Does Smash use 16gb cards then?

Sadist

Ralizah

You know, I'd completely forgotten about it, but I just remembered that Divinity: Original Sin 2 is supposedly hitting the Switch in 2019. I really hope it's a good port, as I've heard some amazing things about the game.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Ryu_Niiyama

@Tsurii Larian Studios mentioned it in September I think but they never gave an ETA. Either way it will be a good fit for the system. I'm hoping it will be a summer release for the slow months.

EDIT: Make that may that they mentioned it.
https://www.shacknews.com/article/105073/larian-studios-has-p...

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

JaxonH

I remember hearing something about Divinity, but I wasn’t sure if it was official or not. I figured if it was I would hear something down the line eventually. Hope they get it looking good like Diablo 3. Same for Pillars of Eternity,

I’m excited to see some of the games announced this coming year. 2018 was pretty good in terms of 3rd party, especially given where we were in 2017. Next year should be even better.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ryu_Niiyama

Tsurii wrote:

Very interested in the game but I'm not playing anything on PC and basically done with my ps4 as well (maybe I'll squeeze in that P5 plat but with certain rumors lately I've been waiting for tomorrow instead of playing more of that game)

How are you done with platforms? You don't have a backlog? Can you help me beat mine?

Also trying to stick to my budget and not buy DQ builders 2....soooo hard.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Haruki_NLI

@Tsurii They dont reply. Like 90% of folk here Im on their ignore list.

Basically people dont like Im not as high hopes into rumours and the such as other people are.

I suppose after the NX hype, constant "Next Direct" hype, leaks, rumours, clickbait YouTube thumbnails.... I just got tired of it.

Thats just it. Im tired of this never ending cycle of needing to be hyped. XD

If Persona 5 or any other rumoured game does get released, the most I'll likely do is agree that yes it is indeed neat.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Ralizah

@Tsurii I guess the release date wasn't announced. 2019 seems like a safe bet, though. If the port is high-quality, it'll be a great addition to the library. Apparently it's stellar and extremely replayable.

@Knuckles-Fajita I don't mind rumors. What irritates me is when Nintendo fans get into a frenzy over some unsubstantiated rumor and then, when it turns out not to be true, they get angry and disappointed. It'll happen the same way again if Persona 5: R isn't a Switch game.

HobbitGamer

@Knuckles-Fajita I’m finally in a tenth percentile again!! I still heart you.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Grumblevolcano

Oh, the Persona announcement is tomorrow? In that case I don't think it's Switch related, if Persona 5 was to be announced for Switch I think it would be via the normal January Direct.

Grumblevolcano

GrailUK

@Grumblevolcano I think the announcement of a Switch Persona 5 would have more impact in a Persona themed event. It's how you attract new folk to the hardware

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

IceClimbers

@JaxonH I wonder if we'll see Danganronpa ports announced for 2019.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Ralizah

The Danganronpa games need to come to Switch. They're absolutely amazing. The announcement of the new Danganronpa trilogy collection would be a good time to port it, I think. I'd probably spring for a physical special edition, if possible.

Haruki_NLI

@JackEatsSparrows Welcome to the chosen few.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic