Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 33,261 to 33,280 of 70,008

NEStalgia

@Qwertyninty Fighters generally don't generate much buzz outside the fighter community core. They're niche but they have their own niche. Except Smash, but the Smash fan base is just weird.

NEStalgia

Qwertyninty

@NEStalgia yeah I am a smash fan but won’t get ultimate until sometime next year. Just hasn’t done anything for me.

Qwertyninty

Anti-Matter

Qwertyninty wrote:

Are people not excited for and playing fighterz? I don’t see much any activity for it on the forums. I got it yesterday and loving the port. Going to put a lot of time into trying to become a pro at the game.

I play ARMS.

Anti-Matter

Grumblevolcano

@NEStalgia I prefer the base game to be honest though the base game would've been even better if it had a few of the QoL upgrades that Torna got like Blades' favourite items, Unique Monster grave locations. With Torna, some of the main things that make me prefer the base game are:

• Length (I like how long the base game was)
  • Field Skills (Some of the affinity chart requirements were annoying whereas the base game allows you to resonate with core crystals to get the field skills)
  • Side quests/community (Not a fan of locking story progress behind community level up, the base game handled side quests a lot better)
  • Post-game (Not much to do after defeating the final boss in Torna and the gap between the golden monster levels made leveling up a grind meanwhile that problem didn't exist in the base game)
  • Difficulty (Outside of the gargoyles, Torna is a lot easier overall than the base game)

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NEStalgia

@Grumblevolcano Length, I'll agree, and that's the only thing that makes post-game an issue since I'm not a huge post-game fan if the game isn't too short. And yeah, difficulty seems imbalanced other than gargoyles (I'm not sure how close the gargoyles are to the end, I've been focusing on side quests afraid I'm almost done the game.) I rarely even have to break out chains against most non-boss monsters. Monolith has a hard time with balancing things, it's either too simple or too drawn out. (Octopath has that issue with boss battles too.....I just did Primrose ch2 yesterday and that battle went on forever....I hate damage sponge bosses. A few rounds of 3000+ dmg and he was still in the white....)

Field skills though...they were horrid in the base game. Nonsensical ill explained requirements on the chart (Torna fixes that) and/or RNG core crystals and hours of merc missions to get their skills. Noooooooooooooope. No, field skills were just a mess. They feel right more or less in Torna (except Ageon's "Get 500,000 gold"...wait what? and Brgid's "Open 125 treasure chests, wait lol most of the ones you found you need to get this skill to open trololol" Reminds me of Poppi 2's quest to get Poppi 3 needing tons of Forestry in order to get a character that has.....forestry.

And Side-quests. I can see needing community being polarizing, but I find the side quests much more focused, interesting, and completable in Torna whereas they were an arbitrary mess in the base game barely worth doing. I've found Torna's side quests a joy to complete that I wouldn't want to miss anyway (mostly) whereas the main game's even with a walkthrough itemizing where to go next they were still a confusing chore and too often gated by rng blades or having completed specific other quests first. If there was one thing to praise Torna on is that it's the first game of the entire XC series to get the side-questing right (well, X did well too.) Forcing it maybe wasn't a good choice, but it also makes a bulk of the game since it's so short. I dont mind sane quests just being part of the main story.

NEStalgia

JaxonH

@Octane
Im sure it was, but not by me. Too evil, too demonic, too Fatal Frame...

I like the Saturday night survival horror like Revelations. Start getting into that Evil Within stuff and you lost me.

I'm sure it was received well, but not for me.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

EvilLucario

@NEStalgia There's a lot of QoL fixes Torna did, but they oversimplified combat to where I like it even less than Xenoblade 1's combat. I still like them all, but the pre-planning and momentum of combat was lost.

Xenoblade 2's combat is just like X's anyway, there's a big gap between fast kills and slow kills. By Chapter 4-5 you can do 500k damage in one hit if you line things up properly.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Eel

@JaxonH after the initial "cursed people" impression wears off, it becomes are rather regular resident evil game.

BOW goes out of control, infects innocent people. The one difference is here each infected person is either a nemesis or a regenerator.

The dlc campaigns are as campy and resident evil as they can get too.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

NEStalgia

@EvilLucario Yeah no disagreement on simplified combat in Torna. It has NG+ though I presume so maybe it gets better. I do dislike how bit combos are down to accidentally lucking into the 16 combos and remembering them, then hoping the right combo becomes available on the slot machine. But most battles don't last long enough to get that far, or it's the gargoyles where you're trying to not do too much damage but still slap orbs on.

500k damage on one chain you mean, right? Still that also gets old, having to build orbs and hit chains on every trash mob in the game. Monolith really does miss the idea of balance sometimes.

In Torna I haven't even been spending bonus exp....I'm not one to artifically hold characters back in an RPG, and I didn't in base game but even I held back on it in Torna so far (I did spend them to level match Malos though because I was way underleveled at that battle....but I didn't spend all the bonus to do it, and I've still shot up 10 levels rapidly after it without spending any bonus still, so yeah, I agree, they went way too hard on the easy side,but I can ignore it since the whole "feel" is so much tighter than the main game. They really messed up the quests in base game IMO. It was better than XC1's quests but still bad.

NEStalgia

EvilLucario

@NEStalgia Not in one Chain Attack, in one hit period. Charge up a level 4 Special with Wulfric while the enemy is Toppled and you completed a Blade Combo. Get Break off with Nia and Wulfric, have Tora Topple, then complete the combo and volia, you do insane amounts of damage. Then you can follow that up immediately with a Chain Attack if the boss isn't dead.

Even if you didn't cap it with a Blade Combo, Wulfric is a fantastic Blade that's top-tier within the main story.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

NEStalgia

@EvilLucario Somehow the intricacies of the combat system never draws me in quite that deep in an XC game the way it would in a more menu-driven game for some reason. Something about XC makes me take the path of least resistance to battles, versus more interesting concoctions in Octopath or FF.

NEStalgia

SuperWeird

@Qwertyninty I'm excited about FighterZ - I love it. It is the best fighting game on the Switch, and arguably the best 3rd party game so far.

I'm a huge fan of ARMS - I still think it's the Switch's best exclusive. But FighterZ is the better fighting game. I'm excited about Smash too... but it will not be better than FighterZ.

Edited on by SuperWeird

SuperWeird

Grumblevolcano

@EvilLucario I missed out on launch and smash for a big chunk of the game because of the lack of launch options when not using Tora or Zeke.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NEStalgia

@Grumblevolcano Same, those were two characters I roughly never used. But Evil doesn't like healers in the party so Nia took a back seat for him. He's too cool for healers. Or is just too jaded after Aeris.

NEStalgia

Retr0gamedad

Any mention from Nintendo on when the new nes games will be added to switch online? I’m not a huge fan of the service but I’m not a hater either. I think the more games the better

Retr0gamedad

FaeKnight

None that I know of. But since the service didn't launch till the 17th or 18th, it feels somewhat safe to guess that new games will be added exactly a month after the service went live. You know, since they weren't added on the 1st.

FaeKnight

Switch Friend Code: SW-6813-5901-0801 | Twitter:

Qwertyninty

@SuperWeird it might make a way into my top games of all time. I’m very excited about it. The developers did an amazing job and really brought the world of dbz to life perfectly in a 2d environment.

Qwertyninty

Grumblevolcano

I finally started DOOM's single player campaign and it's holding up very well on Switch.

Grumblevolcano

Qwertyninty

@ReaderRagfish I was the exact opposite. Always loved dbz but none of the games clicked with me. This game just It perfectly captures what I wanted from a dbz game. For some reason 3d never looked right to me.

Qwertyninty

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic