Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 33,101 to 33,120 of 70,008

1UP_MARIO

@Knuckles-Fajita 800 pounds per month after 40 hours a week is illegal. You should definetely try looking for other jobs

Edited on by 1UP_MARIO

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

gcunit

In today's UK eshop chart, Nintendo have only got 2 games that feature in the top 30 - Mario Party (13) and MK8 (23). Time for some more price cuts N.

In old news... Thumper is the coolest game I've come across in a long while, if Level 1 is anything to go by. Love it. Anyone that hasn't got it yet should pick it up in the current sale.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Octane

@gcunit Mario Party isn't out yet. At least, so I thought.

Octane

gcunit

@Octane In the UK we have this thing called 'pre-ordering'... or are you calling me a liar!

Untitled

Apologies to everyone, seemingly Postimage hasn't heard of auto-rotate yet.

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

TuVictus

So we got Mario Tennis yesterday. It's way more involved than I anticipated, and I actually love the co op mode.

Only annoying thing is it takes quite a while to find a team of 4. I wonder if that's how it was pre-subscription requirement.

But overall, I'm very happy with the game. It's very fun to play

TuVictus

Octane

@gcunit Right, eShop charts, I only read UK charts, that makes more sense.

Octane

Grumblevolcano

Splatoon 2 seems to have survived somewhat better but dependent on rank. S rank Tower Control seemed to have around 10-15 players overall (generally around 6 out of 8 players were the same people) but when I promoted to S+ rank, there was a larger variety of players.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Haruki_NLI

@1UP_MARIO £800 per month after 40 hours isn't illegal.

I'm 22. Working for minimum wage of £7.38 an hour. I work 32-40 hours per week.

£295.20 per week. £1180.80 every 4 weeks, since pay day is every 4 weeks not monthly.

Add on my income tax rate of 20%which is £236.16 tax deduction and I'm left with £944.64. But then there is National Insurance and student loan repayments which the government cant seem to decide if I should have or not.

This is all if I do 40 hours per week.

If I do 32, like this week, it's £236.16 per week, times 4 is £944.64, subtract the 20% (£188.93)and I get £755.71 per 4 weeks.

Welcome to minimum wage. It's not illegal, just a crappy tax code.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

1UP_MARIO

@Knuckles-Fajita I hope you find better opportunities. All the best

Anti-Matter

@1UP_MARIO
@Knuckles-Fajita salary is Bigger than me.
I got IDR 3,100,000 / US$ 200 from my School + IDR 400,00 / US$ 33 from my Private lesson.
With my current salary, i can buy 3 - 4 games by Maximum (assume 1 game = $ 40 - $ 50)

Anti-Matter

darkfenrir

@Anti-Matter Different standard of living, at Indo we can eat with even $1 or lower per time eating, w hile there it's at minimum 4-10 per eating. Not to count rent and stuff, unless you are saying you pay rent to your parents since iirc you say you are still living with them?

darkfenrir

Buizel

@Knuckles-Fajita I think you're paying too much tax. There's a tax free allowance of ~£10k a year, so you should only be paying 20% on anything you earn over that (so like £50 a month?)

At least 2'8".

Haruki_NLI

@1UP_MARIO This is my best opportunity with high chance for progression within the company.

@Buizel is right, I'm in the wrong tax code but the good news is, I either get the overpayments back to me from HMRC or the company does it for me in the subsequent paycheque.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

1UP_MARIO

@Buizel tax free allowance of £11850 or near that but your right

Anti-Matter

@darkfenrir
I still live with my Mom , my Auntie and my siblings (two young brothers).
My siblings run my Dad's business as Building materials & household tools shop owner. My Mom manage the money from income & outcome from the, shop. My Auntie just helping my Mom to prepare the meals & stay at home by mostly with my house assistant.

Me and my two siblings are still SINGLE , while my youngest sister has been married last year. She lives on her husband new house.

Yeah, eating in Indonesia can be very Cheap (IDR 11,000 - IDR 30,000 or $ 0.90 - $ 2.00). There is a menu consist a plate of Salty fish Fried rice + a glass of Ice Tea just for IDR 15,000 or US$ 1.00

Anti-Matter

darkfenrir

@Anti-Matter Yeah, since you didn't pay for rent + food I assume, you can spend all of your income on games. Meanwhile his pay is downright around Rp 2.500.000 or 3.000.000 maybe, for paying rent and food and everything if I guess right.

darkfenrir

NEStalgia

@Knuckles-Fajita I'm going to guess Jax doesn't have a $4000 bi-weekly (the usual in the US) check, and actually meant that if you divide how much it costs per-paycheck period that's how much the service is costing per week/month, not the total cost. I mean he absolutely could be getting that much which would put him near the $200,000/yr mark . Which absolutely could be true.....if he happens to be an upper tier executive for a large corporation, high level research scientist, doctor, successful lawyer that made partner, an indispensable advertising/sales juggernaut, entertainment personality, etc. etc. But considering he hangs out in the break room playing Switch, I'm going to guess he's not any of those things and is probably not in the top 10% percentile of US incomes. I'm guessing he does quite well for himself given he spends quite exorbitantly (not that I'm one to talk) on gaming, but not quite that order of doing well

@Anti-Matter keep in mind K-F is in the UK so healthcare isn't nearly as messed up as the US, but in the US it's not uncommon for healthcare to be $1000+/mo (even if you've never used it once), rent/mortgage to be $1000+/mo and that excludes food, utilities etc (places like NYC you're up to $3000/mo for a rat infested ghetto shack). Cost of living is extraordinary, so the big numbers you see here are often less actual "disposable income" than in seemingly "poorer" countries. And the minimum wage is the same as the UK! So the big numbers are pretty misleading. They go out faster than they come in.

NEStalgia

EvilLucario

Well not having any other hobbies outside of gaming helps heaps too. I don't really go out to eat often, I don't really have a social life, etc. The other hobbies I have are cheap ones like writing and reading (where I can bike/drive to the bookstore and read).

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

JaxonH

@NEStalgia
Well, actually it was 4400 (2750 take home after all the BS) But that's kind of an outlier. It would be half that amount with no OT, and I've been doing a lot lately. 3,000 is pretty typical I'd say. Some OT but not too much.

I fully recognize incomes vary. But Im middle class in the 50k - 75k range still. Technically I'd be right at 50k without any OT. Which is actually below the average income level believe it or not.

Still, even a min wage job, say $600 a biweekly check... it's still only 3% of a single check to cover all year. I mean, anyone who can afford video games as a hobby, with $300 systems and $60 games... is gonna have a hard time convincing me 3% of a single minimum wage check once per year is "a lot".

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

NEStalgia

@JaxonH Yeah, I somehow imagined you weren't a 200k bigshot livin' large playing Switch in the hot tub of your limo with a Playboy bunny in each arm. (And it would take a lot of cash to pay a Playboy bunny to spend time in a limo with a Nintendo nerd )

50k below average? Gotta' be either NYC, Beltway, CA, or one of the other overpriced major cities (yeah, including where I am It wasn't always that way. People fled those places, they showed up and converted the area to some luxury paradise.) Still well above average most places, but still the middle of the road I presumed.

The bunnies will have to wait. And this year had 2 MH releases so they'll have to wait quite some time.

Edit: Well, unless you count the only bunny a Nintendo fan ever dreams of:
Untitled

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic