Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 24,341 to 24,360 of 70,082

PLATINUM7

Lroy wrote:

PLATINUM7 wrote:

Oh hey, My Nintendo is starting to become not useless.
https://www.nintendo.co.uk/News/2018/February/Coming-soon-spe...

You'll be able to spend gold coins on the eshop.

Thank God! I really hope the gold coins equate to a meaningful amount of actual discount off eShop purchases and that you can put them towards any game you want.

My Nintendo states you can use them on your next purchase of any digital Switch game.

PLATINUM7

3DS Friend Code: 1246-8735-0293 | Nintendo Network ID: PLATINUM7

Lroy

@PLATINUM7 1 Gold Coin = 1 cent or 1 pence. Please let that be a joke.

🇬🇧 Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
🇬🇧 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹 | 🚀
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

PLATINUM7

@Lroy
I'm not joking. When I saw it, I honestly wasn't expecting them to be worth much either.

I'm just glad you can use them whenever. Not like the Wii U programme which required you to earn so many points before you could earn cash.

PLATINUM7

Octane

@PLATINUM7 @gcunit Thanks!

And it looks like you were right @gcunit

How many gold points do I get from a game, say Mario Odyssey? If it's only 10, I won't even bother lol.

Octane

gcunit

If it is a one-for-one currency conversion, what is the point Nintendo??? I've probably spent about, if you used the eshop prices, £300 on games, and you're giving me £1.62...

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Buizel

Octane wrote:

@Buizel Virtual Console has been been on a system at launch. Although, to be fair, they did appear within a year on the 3DS and Wii U. So the Switch is definitely taking a little longer.

And no, I don't think there's any proof, apart from the fact that the VC titles dominated the eShop. That being said, if less people are interested in ''buying all these games again'', then I don't see what the issue is, because I don't expect them to compete with the good indie games. And if it's really true that people prefer VC titles over indie games, I still don't see why they should be held back. If people want old NES games over indie games, why not give them what they want?

All games are competing in the end. Mario Odyssey is also competing with Axiom Verge for your money. That's just the way it is.

Exactly. Whatever Nintendo release will be in competition with indies. Surely Nintendo want as many quality games on their platform as possible? I don't see indies doing poorly on PC with the wealth of titles available there.

At least 2'8".

PLATINUM7

@Octane
The tier thing is actually changing now.

Gold coints earned are 5% of the price for a digital purchase and for physical it's 1% of the eshop price.

PLATINUM7

gcunit

Buizel wrote:

Surely Nintendo want as many quality games on their platform as possible?

But not all at the same time. Ask any indie developer and they'll tell you about the struggle to get noticed on Steam. Everyone knows the initial month after release is crucial for a game's success on a platform.

For Switch to maintain buzz it needs a near constant flow of new releases, not all of them dumped out at the same time. VC games are not new games and I suspect are predominantly bought by core Nintendo fans, so generating a continuous mainstream buzz about them will be tough going. The indie scene provides regular fresh, new buzz for the platform, so let them breathe.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

skywake

Octane wrote:

How many gold points do I get from a game, say Mario Odyssey? If it's only 10, I won't even bother lol.

Now here's were it gets kinda interesting. Using the Australian rewards because I can't easily look at other regions rates. As of today for Super Mario Odyssey you'd get 14 gold coins for registering the card and 70 for downloading it. When this new system comes into place you'll get 80 coins for registering the card and 400 for downloading it. Now do I care about a $4AU rebate when it's $10AU cheaper in the shops? Well no. But at least you get something.

Another thing I'd add is that earlier on I said that My Nintendo could be an easy way to cover the costs of their online subscription. And if you're digital only it will. It's $20US a year so with what is basically a 5% rebate on purchases? If you buy one retail game every two months digitally you've covered the subscription. Is it as good as I thought it might be? Well no. But it's not nothing.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
An opinion is only respectable if it can be defended. Respect people, not opinions

Octane

@PLATINUM7 €0.60 + €0.60 + €1.50 + €0.75 = €3.45

Could be worse. That amount is perfect for an NES VC title that doesn't exist!

Octane

Therad

Octane wrote:

@PLATINUM7 @gcunit Thanks!

And it looks like you were right @gcunit

Around 15.

Therad

Octane

@DarthNocturnal I believe you would've gotten more if you waited until now, or least, until the new rewards go live.

I do agree on the codes. I may sound a bit outdated, but it works, and you don't get shafted for buying physical.

Octane

Haruki_NLI

To people complaining about the conversion rate, Id like to remind you this is a thing: https://www.engadget.com/2017/11/06/sony-will-turn-your-psn-t...

program will now grant 100 points for 100 silver trophies, 250 points for 25 gold trophies and 1,000 points for 10 platinum trophies. Note that every 1,000 points can be traded in for a $10 coupon on PSN, so keep that reward ratio in mind as you grind for those platinum 100% game completion trophies. It's probably easier to just have that PlayStation credit card racking up company currency.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Rising Star Games are going to publish Flipping Death physically.

Untitled

LONDON, UK – 8 February 2018 – Videogame publisher Rising Star Games, in collaboration with acclaimed developer Zoink Games, today announced that new title Flipping Death will receive a physical release in the USA, Europe and beyond on PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch. The physical edition releases at the same time as the digital release from Zoink Games, and includes exclusive additional physical ‘collector cards’ in the box.

The boxed retail edition of Flipping Death contains two physical collector cards lavishly created by the artists at Zoink Games, bringing some of your favourite characters to life. The cards also contain character bios and unlock codes to help complete your full collection of cards inside the game itself.

“We are honoured to work in continued partnership with such an esteemed and award-winning creative force as Zoink Games”, said Martin Defries, Managing Director at Rising Star Games. “Being able to bring Zoink’s wild imagination and vision of Flipping Death to players in physical boxed form with additional items in the box enables Rising Star Games to serve the community as well as nurture new Zoink fans.”

The events of Flipping Death take place in Flatwood Peaks, a small whimsical town with a problem - Death is on vacation. Play as Penny and help the trapped ghosts with your trusted scythe. Flip the entire world around to solve puzzles on both the living and the dead sides and slowly uncover the mystery surrounding your own demise.

Flipping Death key features:
Unique mix of adventure and platforming set in a twisted, rich and colourful world
Flip the entire world with the press of a single button
Possess the living and use them to solve puzzles
Innovative physics combined with an immersive story told over several different chapters
Spiritual successor to Zoink’s previous smash hit game Stick It To The Man

Flipping Death, developed by Zoink Games and published at physical retail by Rising Star Games, will be available for PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch at selected retailers across the USA, Europe and beyond in Spring 2018. For more information follow Rising Star Games on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, or visit the official Rising Star Games website.

Source: PR email

Edited on by SLIGEACH_EIRE

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

Haruki_NLI

@SLIGEACH_EIRE How does that work when EA publishes Fe?

SLIGEACH_EIRE

@YummyHappyPills I don't know, but it says a lot that a company the size of EA can't be bothered to do it. I see now there's a more relevant thread for Switch games getting a physical release.

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

Haruki_NLI

@Octane Well i dont remember that. Club Nintendo in the UK didnt have aspects that other regions did.

Sadly is it ideal? No.

Will I take it over a US only program that doesnt count retroactive purchases (trophies) and only awardsthe discountat a threshold? Yep.

Octane

@YummyHappyPills You didn't have Club Nintendo? The rest of Europe had Club Nintendo.

The amount of random collectibles and digital games I hoarded through Club Nintendo is pretty insane. I even got a working Game & Watch replica at a certain point. And The Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition for the GameCube.

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic