Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 22,221 to 22,240 of 70,103

skywake

Well if you count the number of months between non-game specific and non-region specific Directs the median gap is about 2 months. Even during the Wii U era where there wasn't much to say we were getting them at about once every 4 months or so. The last such Direct was in September so I think it's fair to say we're due.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
An opinion is only respectable if it can be defended. Respect people, not opinions

Inertiacreep

aside from the pokemon, smash, metroid, animal crossing news everyone has been waiting for.... I feel like this direct is going to have some big ass surprises.

Inertiacreep

Ralizah

I'll honestly be surprised if we don't get a Smash 4 port next year. Although I would also need them to add in all of the previous DLC content as a part of the $60 price tag.

I don't think we'll be getting another Smash this gen, though. And, honestly, we don't need one.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

FragRed

@YummyHappyPills I'm sorry but I don't understand why Nintendo would decide to not release a game like Animal Crossing that they would have been working on for three to four years and would be a great system seller especially at a time when they are wanting to hit 20 million additional sales, simply because it may affect the sales of an indie game.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Ralizah

@FragRed Not to mention that Animal Crossing and Stardew Valley are nothing alike.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Inertiacreep

@FragRed i know right? and hes talking about some trash indie game... like screw SDV.

Inertiacreep

Grumblevolcano

I think 2019 is too late for Smash especially with the strategy Nintendo has taken with the first year of Switch.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

link3710

I can't imagine that there'd be many people choosing between AC and SDV. Most people would get both or neither eventually, as they serve different needs in the same genre.

link3710

NaviAndMii

I don't think that we'll see a new Smash game this year - but I could certainly imagine a port of the WiiU version dropping in 2018. If Mario Kart 8 got a 'Deluxe' Switch port, I think it's fair to assume that other WiiU titles will follow - and I'd say that Smash Bros would probably be more likely than most to be given 'the Deluxe treatment' and get a second chance on Switch given how popular the franchise is.

I could actually imagine 2-or-3 Deluxe WiiU ports coming this year (depending on the full line-up) to fill software gaps in much the same way that MK8D did - and Smash would be pretty high on the list of potential ports I reckon.

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

I'm not building myself up for nothing. All I expect from the next direct is one big surprise and that's it. Anything else is icing!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Eagle9

I think that's FUNNY that here is in eShop rankings 1 arcade archives vs super mario bros, perhaps so many younger players then.

It all started from Game&Watch.

3DS Friend Code 5455 9594 9430.
Switch Friend Code 7313-1538-3028.

Grumblevolcano

@Eagle9 Vs. Super Mario Bros being so high proves the point about no VC being so important regarding the success of indie games on Switch in 2017.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Eagle9

@Grumblevolcano
I think that's just FUNNY - VC or not.
That game is available for so many other consoles too.

It all started from Game&Watch.

3DS Friend Code 5455 9594 9430.
Switch Friend Code 7313-1538-3028.

link3710

@YummyHappyPills That's not too surprising, I dread using the 3DS eshop. I have by far the least number of indie titles on that system of any modern system I own, solely because it's too much of a pain to try and figure out what's worth buying on there, and then actually find it.

link3710

zitpig

Inertiacreep wrote:

aside from the pokemon, smash, metroid, animal crossing news everyone has been waiting for.... I feel like this direct is going to have some big ass surprises.

You forgot Pikmin... Grrrrrrrr! So did Nintendo!

zitpig

Inertiacreep

@YummyHappyPills i wasnt being rude, i was bluntly showing you how pretentious youre being. Im not talking about 3DS if you read what i wrote, i said, how many CONSOLE gamers bought a WiiU? This is not about you and anyone else whos smashed out and doesnt even care about the game. This is about all the people who do want it.
Many new Switch owners are new Nintendo fans coming from PS and xbox.. many others havent bought a Nintendo for YEARS like myself (N64). Switch sales are booming and Smash is a huge name. People want to play it and it would be stupid if Nintendo didnt deliver.

Inertiacreep

FragRed

@YummyHappyPills So your logic is simply Nintendo should waste the money and resources they put into creating an Animal Crossing game that they definitely have been developing for the past several years all because someone released an eShop game that has some similarities? By this logic, there are a couple of eShop games that are incredibly similar to Smash Bros, should that also not come to the Switch in case it easts into indie sales? How about any 2D platform game like Kirby, Yoshi or 2D Mario - I am sure there is a 2D platformer either on the eShop now or soon to be there.

Also this is business. Anyone who releases games onto the eShop, Xbox Live or PSN are going to be going up against games from triple A studios that will eat into their potential sales. Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo only care about making lots of money and selling lots of systems. If to do that they have to screw over indie games that have been available to buy for over half a year with a big budget game of their own, then so be it.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Grumblevolcano

My rankings of the stores (best to worst):
1. Wii U
2. Switch
3. Xbox 360
4. Xbox One
5. Wii
6. 3DS
7. PS4
8. PS3
9. Steam (don't really do PC gaming but I have used Steam in the past)

Grumblevolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic