Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 22,221 to 22,240 of 32,438

Azooooz

My opinion about why game saves are stored to internal memory only might be a good decision:

So I was on twitter scrolling around the search tab, I found someone who wasn't able to access to his SD card on his Switch. I told him to fully turn the console off and on again, but he says it's still not working. My other suggestion was to try out another SD card after archiving the games so that he can download archived games right from the home menu. I also reminded him that archiving software doesn't erase game saves, so even when re-downloading the software again, you can continue from where you left off.

Also, based on my experience, internal memory has a very, very low chance of being corrupted, unlike some SD cards.

That's my opinion, though.

"Knowing your enemy is the key to victory" Snake - Super Smash Bros. Brawl

"Knowing your stomach is the key to end hunger" Azooooz - Nintendo Life

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

kobashi100

Azooooz wrote:

My opinion about why game saves are stored to internal memory only might be a good decision:

So I was on twitter scrolling around the search tab, I found someone who wasn't able to access to his SD card on his Switch. I told him to fully turn the console off and on again, but he says it's still not working. My other suggestion was to try out another SD card after archiving the games so that he can download archived games right from the home menu. I also reminded him that archiving software doesn't erase game saves, so even when re-downloading the software again, you can continue from where you left off.

Also, based on my experience, internal memory has a very, very low chance of being corrupted, unlike some SD cards.

That's my opinion, though.

That's a fair enough explanation. still it's ridiculous we don't have cloud saves yet.

kobashi100

Grumblevolcano

Hmm, I just thought of a problem with cloud saves on Switch. If you think about it, each console that does cloud saves still has their servers up and running now even last gen. But unlike Microsoft and Sony, Nintendo is notorious for shutting down services when current gen becomes last gen. Sure the Wii/DS situation wasn't Nintendo's fault but Wii U/3DS situations like Miiverse says it all.

So when the Switch's successor comes out, you will lose all your Switch cloud saves.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DarthNocturnal

@Grumblevolcano

If it's part of the online sub fee, I expect outrage (hopefully. Actually, I'd expect it even if it was free). And Miiverse being dropped isn't the same as “btw, your saves are gone“.

Edited on by DarthNocturnal

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Anti-Matter

Hiya !
Soon i will buy Nintendo Switch on December 2017.
But before that i want to know how big is the Save file for each games.
These are my Nintendo Switch games so far :
1. Zelda Breath of the Wild
2. Super Bomberman R
3. Puyo Puyo Tetris
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
5. LEGO CITY Undercover
6. ARMS
7. Mario + Rabbids
8. Pokken DX
9. Super Mario Odyssey.

I will buy Portal Knights Switch version in Digital download at first. Later, i will buy again the Retail version. For someone has downloaded Portal Knights, how big is the game size ?

Edited on by Anti-Matter

My Top 5 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (10 / 10)
2. The Sims series (9 / 10)
3. Portal Knights Switch (9 / 10)
4. Animal Crossing New Leaf 3DS (9 / 10)
5. ARMS (8 / 10)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608

DarthNocturnal

@Anti-Matter

Portal Knights Switch is 2.7 GBs, from what I'm reading.

I doubt the save file size of any of those games is terribly big. Only NBA 2K18 has the absurd 5 GBs.

rallydefault

@Spoony_Tech
The News feed does help, but even then, I have to say, I'm not a fan of having to "click" on the news button every time. Call me lazy or whatever, but PS/Xbox does it better where the news feed is basically your home page that you can just vertically browse through without the need of clicking on a specific "news" button (unless you want super-specific info). Would love to see Nintendo just incorporate a scrollable news feed into the homepage underneath the games icons that can then be clicked on if something catches your eye.

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

JaxonH

@DarthNocturnal

NBA 2K18 reserves 3gb (not 5gb). That was patched.

NOW PLAYING
NS: Y'S VIII, Octopath Traveller, Shining Resonance Refrain, Captain Toad, Hollow Knight, Wolfenstein 2
N3DS:
PS4pro:
PSVR:
Vita:
X1X:
PC/Rift:
GPD Win 2: Dragon Age Origins, Fire Emblem Path of Radiance

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

DarthNocturnal

@JaxonH

Which is still just under 3 GB too many.

JaxonH

@DarthNocturnal
It's a lot. But it's basically half of what was originally reported. 3 is a lot more manageable than 5. There was another game that required 3gb for saves too. Can't remember which one... Minecraft maybe? Idk.

NOW PLAYING
NS: Y'S VIII, Octopath Traveller, Shining Resonance Refrain, Captain Toad, Hollow Knight, Wolfenstein 2
N3DS:
PS4pro:
PSVR:
Vita:
X1X:
PC/Rift:
GPD Win 2: Dragon Age Origins, Fire Emblem Path of Radiance

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

Anti-Matter

@DarthNocturnal
I have Portal Knights PS4 too.
When i see the Minimum Save Data requirement, it said 3 GB for PS4 version.
So, the Switch version is just only 2.7 GB ?!
Wow !

My Top 5 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (10 / 10)
2. The Sims series (9 / 10)
3. Portal Knights Switch (9 / 10)
4. Animal Crossing New Leaf 3DS (9 / 10)
5. ARMS (8 / 10)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608

Therad

So, two new games this weekend. Odyssey and Splatoon 2, one for me and one for my daughter. So now we have to take turns with the switch.

My gaming library seems a little bit skewed towards Nintendo though, with only Mario+rabbids being from another developer. But it is expected with a Nintendo console.

Therad

SKTTR

Two new games for the end of the year will bring my Switch count up to 11 games in its first year. it's still Nintendo making most up of my library (with three games): Zelda BotW, Mario Odyssey, Xenoblade 2, followed by two games from each Bethesda and THQ Nordic with DOOM and Skyrim, and Sine Mora EX and This Is The Police respectively. The other 4 games are from NIS America (Disgaea 5 Complete), Ubisoft (Mario+Rabbids), Terrible Toybox (Thimbleweed Park), and Take-Two Interactive (L.A. Noire).

In comparison on N64 my first 10 games were 1. Super Mario 64 (Nintendo), 2. Pilotwings 64 (Nintendo), 3. Wave Race 64 (Nintendo), 4. Mario Kart 64 (Nintendo), 5. Mortal Kombat Trilogy (Midway), 6. Killer Instinct Gold (Nintendo), 7. Blast Corps (Nintendo), 8. Lylat Wars (Nintendo), 9. Diddy Kong Racing (Nintendo), 10. Mischief Makers (Nintendo), closely followed by 11. extreme-G (Acclaim), 12. GoldenEye (Nintendo), 13. Doom 64 (Midway), 14. Bomberman 64 (Nintendo), and 15. Tetrisphere (Nintendo) in its first year. Though I borrowed and played lots of Turok: Dinosaur Hunter (Acclaim), Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire (Nintendo), International Superstar Soccer 64 (Konami), San Francisco Rush (Midway), Top Gear Rally (Kemco), and Mace: The Dark Age (Midway) in 1997 as well. I even remember some of the stinkers, even if it's just for some parts of a nice soundtrack: Multi-Racing Championship from Imagineer and Dark Rift from Vic Tokai.

backloggery.com/SKTTR

Grumblevolcano

Nintendo's making a big deal about The Game Awards:

Basically 5 people who retweet that tweet get invited to the event.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

IceClimbers

@Grumblevolcano I assume we'll see the Zelda DLC there (can't imagine it being announced elsewhere at this point), but I wonder if we'll see something else there as well?

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Spoony_Tech

After what Nintendo has done advertising wise this year I hope they blow the lid of the place! Zelda dlc and available after the show. What Retro is doing! New 3rd party games we know nothing about! Not they I would care as much but Smash would steal the show.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

IceClimbers

@Spoony_Tech I'm not sure how much they'll show, especially with a Nintendo Direct almost assuredly coming a few weeks afterwards. The Game Awards aren't a Nintendo-specific event, after all.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Spoony_Tech

@IceClimbers Yes I agree however most of the gaming world would be watching and it would be bigger exposure then just a simple direct where mostly Nintendo fans would watch. I'm pretty sure some awesome Metroid Prime 4 footage could pull in a few PS4/one owners.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Pazzo-ZaFool

It'd be fitting to show BoTW again, lol.

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic