Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 22,241 to 22,260 of 22,749

Ralizah

Anyone else still finding it hard to get used to Nintendo's increased advertising to adults? I saw commercials for Skyrim and Xenoblade 2 today, and I rarely even watch TV. Feels so weird after years of not hearing a peep about their games outside of the Internet or dedicated gaming events.

Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794

rallydefault

@Ralizah
Yea, it's great/weird seeing Nintendo back in action these days. The Wii U era was just so desolate, but now I see Switch all of the time on TV. In the U.S., Best Buy is running a Christmas ad all the time that shows the Switch prominently, and Nintendo's "experience" at U.S. malls is happening again (might be going to King of Prussia again this weekend to check it out).

rallydefault

-Green-

The only instances I ever saw Wii U ads in the past were when it first came out, and I saw a few pop up on Youtube, and for Splatoon. Where it popped frequently on T.V and Youtube. It has been a pretty big shift from my perspective.

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

ZockiGalore

Maybe some people here are interested in buying in Germany? There are some good prizes on Amazon DE right now, e.g.:
Splatoon, Mario Kart & Arms for 41,60 € each.
LA Noire below 40 €
Sonic Forces below 30 €
And Skyrim just a bit over 40 €.

ZockiGalore

Spoony_Tech

Wow, I turned on my 4k smart t.v. just now and my apps always come up. Every once in a while there will be an ad in the first spot. I never expected to see an ad for L.A. Noire......SWITCH version!! Sometimes my t.v. will hold the last image in the source select and for a second I thought that was what it was till I realized I haven't played it in a few days and I didn't have my source up.

I for the life of me can't even imagine all the ads and commercials this System and games are getting. All the way back to the Superbowl till now has been crazy. It's about time Nintendo woke up and puts the Switch in your face every chance they can get now. Like @Ralizah said, this is unbelievable coming from Nintendo and the fact that they have embraced M rated games is even more unbelievable! Not sure if this is all the new president or not but since he's taken over things have changed and I personally think for the better.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

WHAT IS RETRO DOING??!!

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

YummyHappyPills

@Spoony_Tech I keep seeing L.A Noire ads, but ONLY for Switch. Ive never seen an ad for the other versions.

Switch FC: SW-5242-2997-2115

Ralizah

@Spoony_Tech I'm sure it's not all Kimishima's doing, but clearly his leadership is helping the company to succeed in a way it hasn't for many moons. I feel like his version of Nintendo really gets the Western market, and it's exhilarating to see them succeeding so completely lately.

I'm as sorry as anyone for the loss of the wonderful Satoru Iwata, but, to be honest, right now I'm glad Kimishima is holding the reins.

Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794

Caldorosso-E

@kobashi100 It prints money.

Hopefully he'll keep making these games. I love 'em.

Love all, trust a few, do harm to none.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSAJ0l4OBHM
-Verified Cheese Aficionado and Abecedarian Author-

kobashi100

Caldorosso-E wrote:

@kobashi100 It prints money.

Hopefully he'll keep making these games. I love 'em.

Sadly it doesn't look like he can as he has stated that Thimbleweed Park has underperformed.

Cost $1m and they need to make $750k profit to develop a new title

Edited on by kobashi100

kobashi100

OorWullie

@Hughesy That's a cracking TV. My mate has a big Sony TV, just a 1080 one that he's had for a couple of years but the picture quality is superb. I've had my Switch on a few good TV's since I've been back in the UK and none make my games look as good as the Sony one does. Bright and crisp clear, it really makes the games shine. Doom especially looks incredible on it. Your new one will be even better . you're in for a treat.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6101-8403-1640

Nintendo Network ID: Ar_Tee_Es

OorWullie

@kobashi100 That's a shame. I bought the game day one but I've not got round to playing it yet.These kind of games were quite niche back in the day though and with its proper old school graphics and gameplay, it's not really surprising to hear it struggled.

Edited on by OorWullie

Switch Friend Code: SW-6101-8403-1640

Nintendo Network ID: Ar_Tee_Es

Hughesy

@OorWullie That’s good to hear, never had a Sony TV before, but I know they make great TV’s. Now I just hope it arrives early today, I’m terrible at waiting for stuff to come when I’m excited🤣

Switch friend code: SW-3225-7165-4815

skywake

@Spoony_Tech
Chicken and the egg. The Switch isn't so much doing well because of more advertising. It's just getting advertised more because it's doing well. Nintendo was, in hindsight, smart to not pour piles of money into saving the Wii U through advertising and third part deals. Equally they are smart to milk the Switch for all its worth now that they are onto a good thing.

10% more sales means a lot more when you're actually moving units.

Some good Aussie musics: King Gizzard, Pond, The Avalanches
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

zitpig

OorWullie wrote:

@kobashi100 That's a shame. I bought the game day one but I've not got round to playing it yet.These kind of games were quite niche back in the day though and with its proper old school graphics and gameplay, it's not really surprising to hear it struggled.

Same here - bought, but not played. I have too many other games that I'm plodding through, but it's next on my list.

zitpig

tobibra

When does Japanese eshop update? Midnight Japanese time?

tobibra

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355

Grumblevolcano

This month has been insanely packed. From the fantastic 3rd party support (e.g. DOOM) to significant free content updates for 1st party games (e.g. Fire Emblem Warriors, Splatoon 2). The only main downfall is memory space if you don’t have a microSD card for your Switch but I think there’s plenty of good microSD card Black Friday sales.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NaviAndMii

skywake wrote:

@Spoony_Tech
Chicken and the egg. The Switch isn't so much doing well because of more advertising. It's just getting advertised more because it's doing well. Nintendo was, in hindsight, smart to not pour piles of money into saving the Wii U through advertising and third part deals. Equally they are smart to milk the Switch for all its worth now that they are onto a good thing.

10% more sales means a lot more when you're actually moving units.

Yeah, not just Nintendo either...here in the UK, Amazon's holiday adverts usually focus on the years 'must have' gifts - and the Switch is one of the three featured items! ..when one of the worlds largest retailers is pushing your product, you must be doing something right!

On this evidence, Santa's sleigh is gonna be filled to the brim with Switch's, Fur Real Tiger's and Star Wars LEGO sets this Christmas!

🎮 SNES 🎮 N64 🎮 GB 🎮 GG 🎮 PC 🎮 PS2 🎮 GC 🎮 PSP 🎮 Wii 🎮 X360 🎮 PS4 🎮 MDC 🎮 Switch 🎮

Currently Playing (Online):

PS4: GT Sport (DR: D, SR: S)

Switch: Mario Kart 8 DX (R: 8500, B: 2000) | Splatoon 2 (Lvl: 46, RM: A-, SZ: B+, TC: A)

Switch Nickname: TomCat★

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | My Nintendo: NaviAndMii

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic