Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 22,241 to 22,260 of 30,419

Spoony_Tech

@IceClimbers Yes I agree however most of the gaming world would be watching and it would be bigger exposure then just a simple direct where mostly Nintendo fans would watch. I'm pretty sure some awesome Metroid Prime 4 footage could pull in a few PS4/one owners.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Pazzo-ZaFool

It'd be fitting to show BoTW again, lol.

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

JaxonH

Who's ready for Resident Evil Revelations Collection!

HD Rumble, fantastic motion, the likes of which we haven't seen since RE4 on the Wii...

Gosh dang I wish the games had preload. I have a physical copy in transit, but I'll buy purchasing the first game digitally as well so that I have both games on my Switch. I deem these games classics worthy of joining my all star digital lineup. Thus far the only 3rd party games to gain the honor of a 2nd digital purchase have been Skyrim, DOOM, Ultra Street Fighter II, Monster Hunter XX and Rayman Legends. And soon, Resident Evil Revelations and Resident Evil Revelations 2.

NOW PLAYING
Switch: Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, South Park Fractured But Whole, Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero
New 3DS: Radiant Historia
PS4 Pro: God of War
PSVR:
Vita:
X1X:
PC/Rift:

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

Spoony_Tech

@JaxonH I just wish it was a midnight launch so I could play in the morning. Preload would be nice but for me it's not needed if I'm just going to dl at midnight but that's not happening.

Btw, embargo lifts at 3am est. What an odd time.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

skywake

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Hmm, I just thought of a problem with cloud saves on Switch. If you think about it, each console that does cloud saves still has their servers up and running now even last gen. But unlike Microsoft and Sony, Nintendo is notorious for shutting down services when current gen becomes last gen. Sure the Wii/DS situation wasn't Nintendo's fault but Wii U/3DS situations like Miiverse says it all.

To be fair MiiVerse is something else entirely given it was a forum that needed to be moderated. So it's still not a like for like comparison with what Sony and Microsoft are doing. And in any case cloud saves are a way to backup your saves, they are an extra layer of protection ontop of the save physically being on the system itself. So if a cloud save service did disappear all it would mean is that your saves are not backed up i.e. how it currently is

Lets be honest, even when given the option how many people regularly backup their save files? For most people their saves on the Switch are as safe as they have always been. If anything their saves are safer than they were on anything pre-DS/Wii era.

Some good Aussie musics: King Gizzard, Pond, The Avalanches
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Anti-Matter

Little question about Switch E-shop account.
Can i use my Wii U ID to link with Switch E-shop account ?

My Top 5 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (10 / 10)
2. The Sims series (9 / 10)
3. Portal Knights Switch (9 / 10)
4. Animal Crossing New Leaf 3DS (9 / 10)
5. ARMS (8 / 10)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608

SKTTR

Since it's coming to Switch tomorrow, I thought it's time to finally beat my Wii U version. Weird how easy it was to beat Resident Evil Revelations after being stuck for so long. Pretty anticlimatic final boss fight (should keep the biggest boss always for last). Back to Sykrim and L.A. Noire.

backloggery.com/SKTTR

Anti-Matter

@Zyrac
Ah, thank you so much.

My Top 5 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (10 / 10)
2. The Sims series (9 / 10)
3. Portal Knights Switch (9 / 10)
4. Animal Crossing New Leaf 3DS (9 / 10)
5. ARMS (8 / 10)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608

antster1983

Yet another roguelike dungeon crawler with pixelart coming to the Switch. Appropriately titled "Crawl" it will come to the Switch on 19th December, just in time for Chrimbo.

http://www.powerhoof.com/crawl/

antster1983

Switch Friend Code: SW-7169-0993-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: antster1983 | Twitter:

JaxonH

Dude... Capcom killed it with Resident Evil Revelations Collection. Killed it.

These are two of the best looking games on Switch, on both TV and on handheld. Resident Evil Revelations 2 is a real looker- it's like playing the Xbox One or PS4 version- that's how good it looks. And if you think I'm exaggerating, watch the comparison video. Most people agree the Switch version actually looks BETTER. It's both sharper and brighter.

Both games are full 1080p on the TV and 720p on handheld. No compromises with dynamic resolutions or anything. Full HD, all of the time. And boy does it show. The gyro controls are AMAZING, but Capcom was always good with motion controls. The HD Rumble is also extremely good with multiple settings for intensity. It's incredibly well done. All of it. The games even have touchscreen support and amiibo support! Can scan amiibo in to get green healing herbs and ammo and stuff, for both the campaign or RAID mode. Which btw, is online or local wireless or splitscreen.

And all for $19.99 each? Shoot... they killed it. This is a game to own on Switch here. These games are both classics. And honestly, they pretty much blow 99% of other Switch games out of the water in terms of graphics, resolution, price, quality of game and sheer fun factor, and exclusive features.

Listen to Jax... Buy this game. You won't regret it.

NOW PLAYING
Switch: Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, South Park Fractured But Whole, Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero
PSVR:
Vita:
X1X:
PC/Rift:

Jesus is Lord.

Spoony_Tech

How long did this take everyone to dl? I wasn't home for mine but I started it at 7:08 am and when I checked at 9 am it was done. At first the estimate was about 2.5 hours but slowly dropped from there. Not nearly as long as I thought it was going to be being how big the file is.

MERG said:

JaxonH

Bout an hour and a half I think.

I'm downloading the first game too though cause I want them both digitally. Top tier classics deserve digital for easy access.

Down to 162gb though. Using a 400gb mico SD + 32gb internal. Granted, you don't actually get that much usable space, but altogether probably 400gb usable. So roughly 240gb out of 400gb in just 9 months. Help!!!

That's why I snagged a 2nd 400gb card, which is in transit from Spain. Split digital copies of retail titles onto the backup stored in the Nyko kickstand and leave the main card for cartridge use and digital-only titles (basically as if I never went digital for top retail titles). The plan is, one day, when the generation is over and 1 terabyte cards exist, throw everything onto a single card then. Even so, probably still need to delete some games to make a generation's worth of Switch games fit onto a 1TB card, but that's fine. Just cram the best games I can fit on it and that'll be plenty.

NOW PLAYING
PSVR:
Vita:
X1X:
PC/Rift:

Jesus is Lord.

Spoony_Tech

@JaxonH I'm also down to 160 and I have NBA arriving Thursday. Made good on the black Friday deals for that and FIFA. NBA was $29 and FIFA was $30. I've bought a total of 8 games since Mario came out and I could still buy more but I need to cool my spending with CHRISTmas around the corner.

MERG said:

JaxonH

@Spoony_Tech
Good prices. At least with sports games you can rotate out installs for future releases. No need to have NBA 2K18, 19, 20, etc all installed together. So that's a big chunk of space that won't need to accrue over time at least.

NOW PLAYING
PSVR:
Vita:
X1X:
PC/Rift:

Jesus is Lord.

IceClimbers

Adult Swim is running commercials for Battle Chef Brigade with the Switch branding.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Scrummer

@Bunkerneath I think they would just need to get the Big N's approval for voice chat in-game and this could be very likely.

Scrummer

Switch Friend Code: SW-7938-1793-3581 | My Nintendo: Scrummer

NEStalgia

@JaxonH At the risk of being a broken record.....game #2 being an almost 30GB download not present on the cart doesn't count as "killing it." Neither does "digital only" in EU. (As though it's not digital only here as well.)

I know, I know, you've embraced digital, but when giving effusive praise for a game, it's only fair to note what they got very wrong as well....and their distribution definitely counts as a flaw.

(Not speaking from bitterness on this one, even, I can't stand horror in games or film and have never bought an RE game as a result, so I'm totally 3rd party to the RE conversation. )

NEStalgia

JaxonH

@NEStalgia

23.6gb... Let's not exaggerate.

And of course they killed it. Just because a game releases digitally doesn't mean it's suddenly "Not a good release". Plenty of games are digital only nowadays. Ultra Street Fighter IV and Devil May Cry 4 and countless other remasters on PS4 are digital only. Countless retail releases on Vita were digital only. And that system is almost 6 years old now.

Blasting a game for being digital is a dated view.

We play video games to have fun. I like physical as much as the next guy, but Nintendo fans need to get past this whole "oh no a digital game!" mentality. Yes games are large. They've been large for years. And sometimes, games don't get a physical release. So what?

If people spent more time playing and enjoying great games and less time boycotting and complaining about the medium, we'd have a much happier gaming community. RE Revelations 1 and 2 (especially 2) is a standout release on Switch. Being digital doesn't change that. I suggest the largest micro SD people can afford. There are a ton of incredible games releasing and some of them are going to require some space.

Edited on by JaxonH

NOW PLAYING
PSVR:
Vita:
X1X:
PC/Rift:

Jesus is Lord.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic