Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 22,241 to 22,260 of 69,981

Kimyonaakuma

I won't be surprised if we see Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem on the Switch sometime this year. This year probably won't have the big, innovative games like BotW or Odyssey but the games will be good enough to keep up the pace for a big 2019. AC, FE and Pokémon were some of the biggest sellers for the 3DS so HD sequels on Switch will pull in that audience so the 3DS can (sadly) be phased out by the end of the year.

Animal crossing could be 2019 but it's been so long since a new version. There's been several smaller Animal Crossing games since New Leaf so they should have plenty of ideas. They didn't even release an entry on the Wii U so they could just expand upon New Leaf and make it HD for it to sell.

....and yeah I don't think it would affect Stardew Valley that much, it's pretty different and has already been out for a while.

Kimyonaakuma

Kimyonaakuma

@zitpig I completely forgot about Pikmin! I'm hoping for some news about 4 but they'll probably need to port 3 first.

Then we could have Pikmin 3, 4 and maybe the first two games on VC! All of that on a portable would be amazing!!

Kimyonaakuma

zitpig

Kimyonaakuma wrote:

@zitpig I completely forgot about Pikmin! I'm hoping for some news about 4 but they'll probably need to port 3 first.

Then we could have Pikmin 3, 4 and maybe the first two games on VC! All of that on a portable would be amazing!!

Untitled

zitpig

NaviAndMii

Inertiacreep wrote:

@YummyHappyPills i wasnt being rude, i was bluntly showing you how pretentious youre being. Im not talking about 3DS if you read what i wrote, i said, how many CONSOLE gamers bought a WiiU? This is not about you and anyone else whos smashed out and doesnt even care about the game. This is about all the people who do want it.
Many new Switch owners are new Nintendo fans coming from PS and xbox.. many others havent bought a Nintendo for YEARS like myself (N64). Switch sales are booming and Smash is a huge name. People want to play it and it would be stupid if Nintendo didnt deliver.

Yeah, I think that the idea behind a 'Deluxe' port is also to deliver something above-and-beyond the original (eg. Battle Mode in MK8D) ..possibly convincing some who owned the WiiU original to 'double dip'?

Of course, there'll be a lot of people who simply don't want to buy a game they already own(ed) - Deluxe or otherwise...but Switch owners who didn't own a WiiU are sure to be interested - and players who enjoyed the original may be tempted to 'upgrade' their experience to the Deluxe version as well if the additional content is appealing enough.

...and, from a sales perspective, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe must've been (relatively) easy money for Nintendo - they just added another coat of varnish to a ready-polished game - and it sold...a lot!

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Eagle9

That's very different now with 3DS eShop and Switch eShop, 3DS is almost dead - Switch first year. So laughful to compare them.

It all started from Game&Watch.

3DS Friend Code 5455 9594 9430.
Switch Friend Code 7313-1538-3028.

GrailUK

Anyone have any predictions for next week's Switch Event?

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Grumblevolcano

@NaviAndMii Let's not forget about Pokken DX, that game added the content missing from the Wii U version (the Arcade exclusive content) and some content not in either version of Pokken (1 fighter, 2 support Pokemon and some minor tweaks).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Aaron00

What do you guys think of this line up for 2018?

-Yoshi
-Kirby
-Possible new Donkey Kong game
-New IP
-Pokemon
-Pikmin 4
-Animal Crossing
-Fire Emblem
-Another Wii U port?

I’m just brain storming here

Aaron00

NaviAndMii

@Grumblevolcano Absolutely ..and these Deluxe/DX games are often priced a little cheaper than a top-top-tier game as well, which also makes them that bit more attractive

I'm fairly sure that we'll see some more Deluxe WiiU ports this year, it's just a case of which ones in my mind - you could use the same argument for any number of WiiU titles really! ..I'd be fairly keen to see Tropical Freeze, Super Mario Bros, Mario Maker and Captain Toad (among others) as well - but they may choose to hold some back for 2019, or just consider that some aren't suitable/a new game would be better?

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

FragRed

@Aaron09 From what we know right now that seems pretty reasonable though I doubt we will see Donkey Kong. That would be three 2D platform games in a single year. Too much.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

JaxonH

As much as I want to see DKC Tropical Freeze, there are 2 other 2D platformers, and 3 would indeed be pushing it. They also need to squeeze in Mario Maker at some point.

Maybe Tropical Freeze will come later. Like... 2019 or 2020.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

link3710

With what's announced so far, a mid to late year Paper Mario: CS, a late year XCX/TMS#FE or Pikmin 3... just about wherever as long as it's not too close to the new Fire Emblem, would be the most logical choices to help bolster the release schedule I'd say. Or Smash Bros, that won't step on anythings toes either I don't think. Oh, and that's not to mention that a W101 port has already been teased, so I'd see that come in during September for people who aren't interested in the major sports titles.

link3710

OorWullie

Koizumi has said at least a couple times in the last few months that we're going to be surprised with what they've got in store. We can expect lots of titles just like 2017, there will be unused IP's, there will be non traditional Nintendo IP, there will be games built around the Joy-con features. They are going to come out with stuff from left field.and surprise the lot of us. The console is a huge success, it's the big 2nd year that has games that will define the console, just like nearly every other console in history. The main man behind the Switch is telling us we're going to be surprised, more than once, yet nearly every list of predictions here, in comments under articles and elsewhere across the web are safe and dare I say... boring. The way things were done in the past are just that, in the past (mostly) . This is the first Nintendo console where the new generation of developers are having more of an influence on it than the old guard. For sure it's best not to get our hopes too high but we can surely be a little more ambitious?

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Grumblevolcano

Color Splash is one of the few main Wii U games I don't see ever coming to Switch. Sure it's a good game but backlash is not what Nintendo needs now.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JohnBlackstar

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Color Splash is one of the few main Wii U games I don't see ever coming to Switch. Sure it's a good game but backlash is not what Nintendo needs now.

This is literally the only Wii U game that can be found retail near me now. There are tons of copies everywhere. Retailers bought them, but consumers did not.

JohnBlackstar

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano Also doesn't it use a second screen? I imagine Nintendo will be taking a good long think about what they need to do this time around. Both Sticker Star and Color Splash received huge backlash, they won't want to undo all the good positive feedback from the games they are producing for the Switch.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Inertiacreep

@OorWullie this is my opinion on it too... there are going to be some huge surprises and this year is definitely not going to be the boring kirby/yoshi year everyone says. (though i am kinda hype for Kirby)

Edited on by Inertiacreep

Inertiacreep

Grumblevolcano

@Octane I liked it though prefer TTYD. My rankings would be:

• TTYD
  • Color Splash/64
  • Super Paper Mario
  • Sticker Star

@FragRed You could easily get rid of the 2 screen functionality (same with Star Fox Zero), the major problem would be the backlash.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic