Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 19,981 to 20,000 of 22,855

Ralizah

I see Hollow is continuing to look surprisingly high-quality for a game I've seen almost nothing about otherwise.

@Spoony_Tech A few reasons.
1) I have a backlog, and I won't pay attention to other games if I just devote time to Zelda.
2) At 70+ hours, I had some of the best equipment in the game and completed all of the main story content, so going to fight Ganon and beat the game just made sense. The game has a pace and narrative momentum that is established by the player, and I didn't want that to be spoiled by dithering around.
3) I'm planning on doing a 100% hard mode run of the game in Japanese after I buy the season pass, so I didn't want to burn myself out on the game.

Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794

KirbyTheVampire

Inertiacreep wrote:

@KirbyTheVampire about equally as pointless as the people arguing it is when it's not even out yet.

There are much more indicators that it will be, though. You're just basing your argument that it won't be on the fact that it's not a story-heavy interactive movie.

KirbyTheVampire

SKTTR

Do you think there are too many Hero games on the Switch?

1. No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again
2. Dragon Quest Heroes I & II
3. LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2
4. Has-Been Heroes
5. Shantae: Half-Genie Hero
6. 88 Heroes - 98 Heroes Edition
7. Next-Up Hero
8. No Heroes Here
9. Unruly Heroes
10. Audio Hero
11. Entertainment Hero
12. Hex Heroes
13. The Sacred Hero
14. Flat Heroes
15. World Heroes
16. World Heroes Perfect
17. I Am The Hero

backloggery.com/SKTTR

GrailUK

@SKTTR "They said the age of heroes would never come again." - Wonder Woman.
"It has to." - Batman.

(Batman is always right.)

Edited on by GrailUK

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

electrolite77

@SKTTR

All together now, "We don't need another hero"

Switch friend code - SW-5907-7972-1196

SLIGEACH_EIRE

I wonder can you make a DX list as long? Probably not.

1. Sine Mora DX
2. Pokkén Tournament DX
3. Piczle Lines DX
4. Retro City Rampage DX
5. Rock 'N Racing Off Road DX
6. Tiny Barbarian DX
7. Plantera DX
8. Mario Kart 8 DX
9. Inversus DX
10. One Piece: Unlimited World Red DX Edition

I can't think of any more. That's funny, that there's a list so long with the word "Hero" in the title. What other word or title pops up a lot?

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

Ralizah

Wargroove's campaign creator sounds amazing!

"In a previous article, we’ve discussed how you can easily create scenarios and chain them together on campaigns. Yesterday, we did a live stream on Twitch, showcasing how you can make interesting and dynamic scenarios in Wargroove using “triggers”. Some of the things you can make with this are:

• Custom story-driven missions, with sub-quests, plot twists, ambushes, and hidden secrets
  • Unique game modes, with their own mechanics and win/lose conditions
  • Change some of the rules of the game without needing to resort to modding
  • Have players make decisions that affect the outcome of this AND of future missions (if you’re making a campaign)

…and many other things! Remember that this is the tool that we ourselves are using to make the campaigns of Wargroove, so expect to be able to do anything you’d expect to see in the campaign of a game of this genre!"

Source: https://wargroove.com/scripted-events/

This is going to be the Mario Maker of turn-based strategy games on the Switch.

JaxonH

@Ralizah

I watched their midstream.

The Wargroove level editor looks insane.

They made a trigger, and mapped out the squares which activate the trigger. The trigger causes an ambush. So once you cross a certain set of tiles the ambush is triggered and you tell it what enemies appear on what tiles at the trigger event.

BUT, you can set a flag and make the trigger check to see if the flag is still active before triggering the ambush. And they made it so visiting a certain village warned you of the ambush and switched the flag to "off", so when the ambush trigger happened it checked to see if the flag was still on, and if it was it triggered the ambush and if not the ambush didn't trigger.

They said flags can carry over between maps throughout a campaign. So one action can determine what happens down the line, and you could keep building on it with great complexity with an insane number of possible paths of events unfolding.

PLAYING
Switch: Xenoblade 2, Skyrim, Resident Evil Revelations 1/2
New 3DS:
PS4 Pro:
PSVR: Skyrim VR, DOOM VFR
Vita:
X1X: Wolfenstein 2
PC:

Jesus is Lord.

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9763-9374 | Nintendo Network ID: JaxonH

OorWullie

You know, I've never ever considered ignoring a member before.... until now. I like reading folks differing opinions, it would be boring if we all agreed on everything but honestly there's only so much absolute nonsense opinions I can tolerate now as I get older. Some folk just aren't worth debating with.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6101-8403-1640

Nintendo Network ID: Ar_Tee_Es

Scrummer

@Inertiacreep I never said it was GOTY material and I don't think it is. I think it will be a fantastic game, but I have very little thought about it winning GOTY.

Scrummer

GameOtaku

What happened to the Nintendo ACA games?

GameOtaku

Ryu_Niiyama

@Ralizah I think im going to try to recreate as many FE maps in the wargroove editor as I can. Aww..now I want a FE maker.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul. Let the drums fill you with FIRE! Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Switch FC: SW-2230-0265-0353
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14 I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.
Villanova University: 2016 NCAA Champs! GO NOVA NATION! 2008 Alumna

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

SLIGEACH_EIRE

@IceClimbers I was thinking "the" or "a". They should be safe bets. I'm joking, I thought of another word earlier but I can't remember now. "Super" is a good shout. It's a common part of a title name whereas "Hero" I wouldn't have guessed. It's very late and I'm about to hit the hay, so I'll count them tomorrow.

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

rallydefault

@Octane
Well, AC: Origins feels totally fresh. Instead of running and climbing to varying vantage points, you .... wait, hang on.
The map system has been completely retooled. Instead of revealing portions of the map as you progress along with little markers of things to do, you now... well... actually, that's the same.
Well, actually, the combat is totally revamped. Instead of obtaining weapons of varying stats through various means and mashing the attack button with the occasional riposte button, they've... crud. Bad example.
Oh! There IS a hawk. This is totally revolutionary. You can use it to scout out an area without actually... yea... nevermind.

Well, at least it's not just another Mario game, though. So it's probably gonna be good.

@Inertiacreep
lol. That's pretty much it. Are you a real person? I like you. Keep typing stuff.

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

Ralizah

@JaxonH Have they mentioned there being a limit to how many maps can be uploaded from a single user?

@Ryu_Niiyama That sounds amazing. I wouldn't nearly the amount of patience to try something like that, but if you pull it off, I can't wait to try them out!

IceClimbers

I just saw a Switch NBA 2K18 commercial.

Edited on by IceClimbers

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

JaxonH

@Ralizah

No, no limit I'm aware of.

PLAYING
Switch: Xenoblade 2, Skyrim, Resident Evil Revelations 1/2
New 3DS:
PS4 Pro:
PSVR: Skyrim VR, DOOM VFR
Vita:
X1X: Wolfenstein 2
PC:

Jesus is Lord.

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9763-9374 | Nintendo Network ID: JaxonH

antster1983

Games confirmed for release next week (PAL region, dates given on eShop):

17th October:

• Don't Knock Twice (Wales Interactive)
  • NBA 2K18 (2K Games) RELEASED TO RETAIL
  • Rogue Trooper Redux (Rebellion Developments)

18th October:

• The Count Lucanor (Merge Games)
  • Putty Pals (Harmonious Games)

19th October:

• The Jackbox Party Pack 4 (Jackbox Games)
  • JYDGE (10tons)
  • Party Golf (Giant Margarita)
  • Revenant Saga (Kemco)
  • Spelunker Party! (Square Enix)
  • Super Ping Pong Trick Shot (Starsign)

20th October (also coming to retail):

• Fire Emblem Warriors (Nintendo)
  • The LEGO Ninjago Movie Video Game (WB Games)
  • Syberia (Microïds)

antster1983

Switch Friend Code: SW-7169-0993-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: antster1983 | Twitter:

OorWullie

The deluge of games continues. As a Nintendo only gamer I'm not used to this.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6101-8403-1640

Nintendo Network ID: Ar_Tee_Es

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic