Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 10,381 to 10,400 of 70,008

gcunit

erv wrote:

@gcunit actually, most of them distort colours a great deal

A great deal? You got evidence of that? Well, if they do, as I said, I don't notice - if it's a thing at all then it's a very minor one, IMO. And once the film is on, it's not like you're going to be alternating much, so you'll get used to any distortion in no time. After inexplicably getting a minor scratch on my Wii U gamepad, they're a no brainer, and I've always used them on my phones and N3DS with no issues, and more importantly, no scratches.

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Octane

Yup, I always use screen protectors too. They're great, take them off after a year, put on a new one and your device looks brand new again.

Octane

erv

@gcunit Well, I see it. And it's not minor at all, though I'm very aware of stuff I see as I'm a designer by profession lol.

A scratch on your screen is horrible, I agree. I've yet to find one that doesn't negatively impact heat dissipation, display wear because of that, and obviously the visuals.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

Luna_110

I'll use a screen protector too - I don't notice the color distorsion and I prefer to have than to lament the possibility of getting a scratch in the future.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

gcunit

An upbeat reel of confirmed Switch games:

Edited on by gcunit

Luna_110

Saw the video to the end, counted 18 I'd definitively would like to get and at least 5 more that could be a "maybe".
This is great to me, at least.

EDIT: I'm an idiot, they were talking about FE: Switch, which is confirmed, but showing Fates to show something and not a blank image.

Edited on by Luna_110

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

Haruki_NLI

Its better than the countless "Heres the list of games that arent coming!" videos. Sadly most of those are due to bad timing as dev teams wrap up and the others no one expected or asked for.

And regarding everyone saying Borderlands 3 should be there, remember its Randy Pitchford who said that...and his track record of verbal diarrhea.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

gcunit

@Luna_110 Yeh, as much as many of the announced games have underwhelmed me, the following games do excite me having watched that and knowing that I'm now getting a Switch:

• ARMS - will buy if reviews/plays well (please let there be a demo on the eshop)
  • Stardew Valley - looks ideal for a portable, will buy if price is reasonable (current Humble Bundle appearance relevant here)
  • Bomberman - looks good graphically
  • Fire Emblem Warriors - will buy at some point, but need to play at least one main series game first, me thinks (I have Awakening and Fates unopened)
  • Dragonball Xenoverse - price dependent
  • Dragon Quest Heroes (and maybe X and XI, but backlog)
  • Skyrim - want to support this, so will buy if priced competitively
  • FIFA 18 - will buy if EA don't let us down and price is right
  • BotW - obvs - bought
  • Sonic 2017
  • Project Octopath
  • Rime
  • Steep
  • Snake Pass
  • Super Mario Odyssey - obvs -
  • Tales
  • Ultimate Street Fighter 2
    Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Plus MK8D and Splatoon 2 will be hard to resist.

Also, that video doesn't show Hollow Knight, which I will definitely get if it plays as good as it looks.

Edited on by gcunit

Haruki_NLI

I think Switch is going to put my PS4 out to pasture beyond Ratchet and Clank. Its not pulling me in the way PSone and PS2 and even PS3 by this point in its life did, nowhere close.

I was saying Ill get Sonic 2017 and Mania and Puyo Puyo on PS4 but Id rather have them on a system Ill be using more anyway, because there is more on the plate to entice me into Switch.

Poor PS4. I really want to love you but...I cant.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

BigBadJohn

Did anyone go to the Switch Event last weekend? I've got tickets for the Manchester event on Saturday and wondering whether it's worth going or if I should just wait for launch.

Edited on by BigBadJohn

SW-5512-0541-9236

Name the movie quote "Toolshed!"

gcunit

@BiasedSonyFan Yeh, and if Switch does well, don't be surprised if a few of those 'missing' games don't ultimately find their way across anyway.

gcunit

@Mellor2000 Are you getting a Switch anyway? If you are, I wouldn't bother, and give the tickets to someone on the fence.

KirbyTheVampire

Definitely recommend Stardew Valley for anyone who likes games like Animal Crossing or Harvest Moon, or farming games in general. Super fun game, and it would be a great game for portable gaming if you're into that.

Edited on by KirbyTheVampire

KirbyTheVampire

BigBadJohn

@gcunit To be honest the main thing I'm worried about is missing out on any freebies.

SW-5512-0541-9236

Name the movie quote "Toolshed!"

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Ultimate Chicken Horse is coming to Console!

"We are proud and super excited to officially announce that Ultimate Chicken Horse will be coming to XboxOne, PS4 and Nintendo Switch! We are aiming to launch during the Summer of 2017."

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

gcunit

SLIGEACH_EIRE wrote:

Ultimate Chicken Horse is coming to Console!

Nice how Switch gets central billing in the frame, both within the animation and the logos at the end.

FGPackers

Luna_110 wrote:

I'll use a screen protector too

Just didn't want to write it from myself And in the last video there are really a lot of titles that i'll pick, and that i'm not only interested in. The Switch will be the definitive system to me!

By the way, it's not that important but if anyone didn't notice i'll just put this right here: Nintendo said that "Nintendo Switch online service" details will be released after Switch launch. So, if there will be, don't expect any info in a pre-launch Direct. I found this on the "online service" Switch page on Nintendo website.

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

mav-i-am

gcunit wrote:

@Luna_110 Yeh, as much as many of the announced games have underwhelmed me, the following games do excite me having watched that and knowing that I'm now getting a Switch:

my own list

Deffo buys

The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
FIFA 18
Fire Emblem for Nintendo Switch (tentative title)
Fire Emblem Warriors
Has-Been Heroes
I Am Setsuna
Just Dance 2017
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Lego Worlds
Little Inferno
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Minecraft: Switch Edition
Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom
NBA 2K18
Untitled Pokémon game
Snipperclips
Splatoon 2
Super Bomberman R
Super Mario Odyssey
Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers
World of Goo
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Need to look at these closer

Arcade Archives
Arms
Farming Simulator 18
Fast RMX
Graceful Explosion Machine
Hollow Knight
Human Resource Machine
Puyo Puyo Tetris
Racing Apex
Rayman Legends: Definitive Edition
Redout
Untitled Shin Megami Tensei game
Snake Pass
Stardew Valley
SteamWorld Project 2017 (tentative)
Steep
Syberia 3
Tank It!
Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap
Zombie Vikings

So it is safe to say, I (or my daughters!) am going to be busy!

Switch games list,

Legend of Zelda BotW, Human resource machine, NBA Playgrounds, Street Fighter 2, Super Bomberman R, Snipperclips, Overcooked, World of Goo.

Nintendo Network ID: mav-i-am | Twitter:

Luna_110

@FGPackers

You lazy, lazy gamer XD

I didn't notice that bit about the online service. Guess that kills any expectation for a pre launch direct about the eshop and VC.

FragRed

@BLP_Software I've got tonnes of games on PS4 that I buy during the PSN sales, through Amazon or ShopTo. But I buy cheap. Nintendo games I buy on launch because I trust their quality. And I prefer their stuff.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic