Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 10,321 to 10,340 of 69,995

FragRed

@Octane I forgot Resident Evil 7 used a custom built engine. Even more reason for people not to get mad when said game doesn't come over.

I'm kinda wondering if we will even hear much about the Switch at E3, if dev kits haven't been in the wild too long. It'll be interesting as long as it's not just indie games.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

BigBadJohn

@FragRed There is quite a buzz about the switch at the moment. Loads of commentary both good and bad. Nintendo is really pushing the marketing to levels we haven't seen for a long time. They need to hit e3 hard as they need this to carry them through to the holiday season.

SW-5512-0541-9236

Name the movie quote "Toolshed!"

FragRed

@Mellor2000 Nintendo will hit E3 hard with first party/second party titles. There's a lot to show including Mario Odyssey, Xenoblade 2, Fire Emblem (Switch 2018 game), Splatoon 2, hopefully what ever Retro are working on, likely a Smash Bros port and maybe one new title.

But they need to also come out saying "Look at all these big third party games coming to the Switch this year and next!". Put that in adverts alongside first party games and it's a much easier sell.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

cyrex

Just give me monster hunter and i will be more than happy

add me on wii u ( cyrex78)
Switch : SW-1239-7762-0605

Grumblevolcano

@FragRed Dependent on when in 2018 the new Fire Emblem releases, I think they may save that reveal for a fall/winter Direct rather than E3.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Eric258

At E3, I hope they have a good range of both first and third party titles with a solid presentation like in 2014, where it was just game after game, presented in a good format. I really want to see that rabbids x mario game (if I thought I'd real) since it's so bizarre and I'm curious to see what retro has been working on. I hope it's either a new ip or a revived franchise. But, anyway Nintendo will need to go all out during E3. It will probably be the defining factor which makes or breaks the switch.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2601-9990-4610
Super Mario Run Friend Code: 1391-4403-4742
Fire Emblem Heroes Friend Code: 1332698932
Twitter: @Eric258kip

Eric258

@Whitewatermoose But then people will complain about the lack of realistic looking people . But I do hope we see the kongs in some form, maybe even as a potential boss. It would be a cool throwback.

Edited on by Eric258

KirbyTheVampire

I hope we see an Animal Crossing and Monster Hunter announced either before launch or at E3. If those two games end up on the system, I'm sold. I hope they end up on the system soon if they do get announced, since chances are I'll be getting it either during the holidays this year or the year after.

KirbyTheVampire

Eric258

@KirbyTheVampire I'm not sure if we will see animal crossing because I think the team behind splatoon are the guys behind animal crossing. Sorry if I'm wrong. I do crave a new animal crossing game. Never played new leaf and having a hd animal crossing game which is also portable would be awesome!

KirbyTheVampire

Eric258 wrote:

@KirbyTheVampire I'm not sure if we will see animal crossing because I think the team behind splatoon are the guys behind animal crossing. Sorry if I'm wrong. I do crave a new animal crossing game. Never played new leaf and having a hd animal crossing game which is also portable would be awesome!

Hmm, bummer. Maybe in a few years then (assuming we are getting one eventually).

KirbyTheVampire

mav-i-am

Eric258 wrote:

I would expect to see that in 2019, if they give us too much too soon the console will die after a year or two.

Switch games list,

Legend of Zelda BotW, Human resource machine, NBA Playgrounds, Street Fighter 2, Super Bomberman R, Snipperclips, Overcooked, World of Goo.

Nintendo Network ID: mav-i-am | Twitter:

Octane

@Eric258 The team is big enough to handle more than one game at the same time. Splatoon is reusing a lot of assets, and I assume that the same will be true for the new Animal Crossing. It's possible, especially if it's an early 2018 title or something like that.

Octane

KirbyTheVampire

mav-i-am wrote:

Eric258 wrote:

I would expect to see that in 2019, if they give us too much too soon the console will die after a year or two.

Yeah I'm not expecting a release anytime soon, unless Nintendo doesn't have many other major titles in the near future, but an announcement would be nice. I wouldn't be too surprised if it wasn't announced at this E3, though.

Edited on by KirbyTheVampire

KirbyTheVampire

ProjectX1991

KirbyTheVampire wrote:

mav-i-am wrote:

Eric258 wrote:

Yeah I'm not expecting a release anytime soon, unless Nintendo doesn't have many other major titles in the near future, but an announcement would be nice. I wouldn't be too surprised if it wasn't announced at this E3, though.

Yeah, I'm hoping that the AC franchise is one that appears on the switch sooner rather than later! I presume a lot of the characters and elements have already been developed in HD for Amiibo Festival? So maybe it could be easier for some of the team to focus on Splatoon updates and the rest for AC?

Please, whatever AC gets may it not be another spin off!

ProjectX1991

Octane

I still read Assassin's Creed every time I see AC...

Octane

DefHalan

Octane wrote:

I still read Assassin's Creed every time I see AC...

The next cross over series between Nintendo and Ubisoft... Assassin's Creed X Animal Crossing: Villager's Revenge.

I WANT THIS TOO MUCH NOW

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Grumblevolcano

Microsoft's E3 press conference is now on Sunday.

June 11th at 10pm UK time.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Eric258

@Frosty_09 It's fit so well! I was always suspicious of the villager pretending to be a cute, awkward little boy, but rather he was a crazed assassin, hiding in plain sight, making "friends" with the animals only to invite them to his home to off his targets!

Also I knew Nook was an evil demon. He didn't become the powerful ruler he is today by simply being "nice and generous" . He just took out the competition with his "employees" cough Assassins cough

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano Has any of the three main companies (Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo) ever held a conference on a Sunday before? I know third party publishers have, just curious as to why this maybe. I assume the Scorpio reveal is going to be very big.

Grumblevolcano

@FragRed Not that I'm aware of outside Nintendo doing the Smash invitational and NWC in 2014 and 2015 respectively.

Could be due to Scorpio or even E3 being open to the public for the first time in several years.

Grumblevolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic