Forums

Topic: We don`t need EA on Switch !!!

Posts 81 to 100 of 226

Inertiacreep

I wish everybody would hate this company as much as me and everyone else who refuses to give them a dime and they would go under so someone else can take their place.

Inertiacreep

Octane

@MrDarkmark Because it's a bit ironic for someone, who's always clamouring to outright ban certain games based on their franchise, genre, age rating or anything else he doesn't like, to come out and say ''If you don't like it, don't buy it''.

Octane

Anti-Matter

DizzyDee81 wrote:

@Anti-Matter if you love games that are not fun and are simply there as an excuse to put in microtransactions... then go buy a PS4 or Xbone.

Right now, i'm looking for The Sims 4 PS4 version.
I Love the game, but i Don't like ps4 actually, nor even xbox 1.
But, Dang it !
I have to buy ps4 in order to play The Sims 4 console version.

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Anti-Matter

Inertiacreep wrote:

I wish everybody would hate this company as much as me and everyone else who refuses to give them a dime and they would go under so someone else can take their place.

IF....
Nintendo or other developers can deliver similar games like The Sims or Animal Crossing or Portal Knights, i can depend on them. Because i need Cute games like My Sims or Animal Crossing.
Right now, i still depend on EA just only for The Sims 4 (Or probably The Sims 5 in the future). I don't care with other EA games.

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

StuTwo

@Whitewatermoose yeah EA think they make or break formats - that’s why with EA all in on 3DO it can’t fail... oh wait - back to being parasites on the backs of more successful companies hard work.

To the topic at hand though: unfortunately EA are important. Primarily because many people mostly play sports games and the name of the game there is having as many official licenses as possible. Licenses that EA has locked down behind exclusivity clauses for decades.

If you don’t have a good version of FIFA then you can’t sell to a huge audience. Many within that audience are lost causes (because you won’t sell them on any other games) but that audience also includes kids and ‘taste setters’. You need to offer them something.

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

electrolite77

Sorry folks but having EA Sports games on the Switch would be A Good Thing. It's very hard to sell a system for the family and local multiplayer without sports games. Nintendo know this, that's why NBA was on the initial reveal and FIFA is on one of the add this year.

Switch friend code - SW-5907-7972-1196

Nintendo network Username - GJB77

SKTTR

@sillygostly Thanks for the update and the short history on what I missed in the last decade.
Like I said, I haven't played The Sims since 2006/2007.

I really liked the first The Sims, The Sims Bustin' Out, and The Urbz: Sims in the City (all 3 for the Gamecube). It was great that you could play them in 2p local co-op.

The fourth and last Sims game I bought was The Sims 2 Pets for Wii which turned into a disappointment because of regular crashes and long loading times. A bad omen? Because from there on it went downhill.

I borrowed a few Sims games for the Nintendo DS, but they weren't real Sims games at all, the ones I played were all pretty stupid.
Then I played MySims, because charming looks, but the games were so boring and cheap and my hope in the franchise was lost.

Apparently EA already drove me away from the series before they even started their microtransmadness.

Though, I have to say I had The Sims 2 Castaway and The Sims 3 (both for Wii) on my radar for a very long time, but never got around buying them back in the day (which could have been a good thing, I don't know).

Still, I would buy a new The Sims game for Switch if it is reasonably priced and does away with microtransactions. I can live with one or two DLC packs if it's reasonably priced, but seeing what has become of EA they're going to milk us and the franchise dry.

Edited on by SKTTR

backloggery.com/SKTTR

Bass_X0

@Anti-Matter Supporting EA is killing the game industry.

Edited on by Bass_X0

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

Anti-Matter

Bass_X0 wrote:

@Anti-Matter Supporting EA is killing the game industry.

Killing game industry what ??
I just ONLY Want The Sims 4 console from EA. Nothing else.
I don't need other EA games such as Fifa, Madden, Need for Speed, etc because I DON'T like them at all. I can live without those lousy games.

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Windy

Crazy talk is all I can say. It's better to have EA than not have them.

Still playing 3DS but will have Switch soon for multiplayer with friends. I miss you guys! Adam, Joni, Gavin and the rest of the Blue Rogues from the Phantasy Star Zero Days.

3DS Friend Code: 0877-0511-8391 | Nintendo Network ID: Windy3DS

Armbouncer

Emotions can get high on topics like this, so I'm going to give you guys my final thoughts on this before I move on.

EA has some very powerful franchises that a lot of people love; FIFA, Madden, NFS, BF, Sims,...
It is because they feel so powerful however that they've become way too greedy and are tainting all these franchises with DLC and Loot Boxes. In the process they're basically destroying their own brand.

If you are a fan of these franchises, you should in turn feel powerful enough to vote with your wallet. Tell EA you don't stand for their corporate greed. Tell them you want things back the way they were. Tell them you actually like single player campaigns. Tell them this by not buying their games anymore. If enough people do this, I believe EA will eventually have a change of heart and things will get back to normal.
In the meantime, you can still enjoy all their past games. Play the older games of the franchises you've come to love, they're usually better than the new stuff anyway.

Money is the only thing businesses like this understand. Vote with it.

Armbouncer

1UP_MARIO

@Anti-Matter I just ONLY Want Fifa from EA. Nothing else.
I don't need other EA games such as Sims etc because I DON'T like them at all. I can live without those lousy games.

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5229-5058-9308

Kimyonaakuma

I don't really want to support EA. I understand that we should support 3rd parties in Switch but I don't like how EA operates. No matter what licenses or rights they buy I won't be convinced.
My opinions of Ubisoft change but I'll support them more than I'll support EA. But really I buy a Nintendo console for Nintendo games, any indies or hidden gems that get localised from Japan are just icing on the cake.

Kimyonaakuma

Silly_G

SKTTR wrote:

@sillygostly Thanks for the update and the short history on what I missed in the last decade.
Like I said, I haven't played The Sims since 2006/2007.

I really liked the first The Sims, The Sims Bustin' Out, and The Urbz: Sims in the City (all 3 for the Gamecube). It was great that you could play them in 2p local co-op.

The fourth and last Sims game I bought was The Sims 2 Pets for Wii which turned into a disappointment because of regular crashes and long loading times. A bad omen? Because from there on it went downhill.

I borrowed a few Sims games for the Nintendo DS, but they weren't real Sims games at all, the ones I played were all pretty stupid.
Then I played MySims, because charming looks, but the games were so boring and cheap and my hope in the franchise was lost.

Apparently EA already drove me away from the series before they even started their microtransmadness.

Though, I have to say I had The Sims 2 Castaway and The Sims 3 (both for Wii) on my radar for a very long time, but never got around buying them back in the day (which could have been a good thing, I don't know).

Still, I would buy a new The Sims game for Switch if it is reasonably priced and does away with microtransactions. I can live with one or two DLC packs if it's reasonably priced, but seeing what has become of EA they're going to milk us and the franchise dry.

It's funny you say that, because my first exposure to The Sims was in 2003 and I went on hiatus in 06/07 following the release of Seasons (and bought the remaining packs some years later). I have been playing the first two on PC in the years since (I even bought a physical copy of Windows 7 a few years ago to be able to play The Sims on my Macbook. Well, that and editing videos ), but I no longer follow the franchise at all. It takes a certain magnitude of sheer stupidity for a company to act in such contempt against their loyal userbase in favour of fickle mobile users. It's such a shame because The Sims was such a great franchise in those early years.

The Urbz and The Sims 2 were the only good Sims games on DS (both of which were sequels to the wonderful Bustin' Out on GBA). Pets was such an abomination that it looked and played (with crashes to match!) like a first year uni project. The 3D models in that game had fewer polygons than Paper Mario. I've hardly played Sims games on Wii so I can't comment, but the controls for The Sims 2: Pets made it too much of a chore to play. Console/handheld Sims are at their best when they play out more like slice-of-life adventure games.

I'm content with the early games and I loved the franchise for what it was. I would love to see a return to form for the franchise, but with EA being EA, and the market being the way that it is nowadays, I've resigned myself to the fact that the "good old days" are just that.

An affiliate link to a Link in need is an affiliate Link indeed.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3134-0847 | Nintendo Network ID: sillygostly

Anti-Matter

1UP_MARIO wrote:

@Anti-Matter I just ONLY Want Fifa from EA. Nothing else.
I don't need other EA games such as Sims etc because I DON'T like them at all. I can live without those lousy games.

You don't need to mimic my last comment to mocking me.
Not funny.

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

1UP_MARIO

@Anti-Matter no mimic. I just want you to understand that when people call games like sims/Fifa lousy, there are also people who like them games as with other games you don't like

Edited on by 1UP_MARIO

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5229-5058-9308

premko1

Ok, the ea games are liked by some - im ok with that, but THE COMPANY ITSELF SUCKS AND SHOULD BE BOYCOTTED !!!

my Switch fc: SW-6145-9649-2985
my 3ds friend code:1564-4008-8780
SuperMarioRun: 7635-1072-9440
AC PocketCamp: 6892-7280-610

Harmonie

Anti-Matter wrote:

@premko1
Hey, you have no right to forbid me to buy EA games such as The Sims 4 !
If you sick with EA, fine !
But, NEVER EVER Forbid people to buy EA games, especially The Sims 4, my Beloved game from EA !!
Untitled
And if i buy any EA games, so what ?!
Will it kill you ?!

The Sims 4 isn't even a good The Sims game. Not on PC, not on console.

I've been a The Sims fan since The Sims 1, and I'm certain when I say, nothing of value was lost for the Switch when TS4 didn't come out for it.

Harmonie

Nintendo Network ID: WoodwindsRock

Anti-Matter

premko1 wrote:

Ok, the ea games are liked by some - im ok with that, but THE COMPANY ITSELF SUCKS AND SHOULD BE BOYCOTTED !!!

Why don't you directly complain to EA on their Twitter ?
Yelling in this thread to ask everyone here to boycott EA games will not solving your problem.
And what ? Will it solving all your problem if EA finally shutted down ?
Time will tell. Bad company will shutted down by themself without boycott.

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Anti-Matter

Harmonie wrote:

Anti-Matter wrote:

@premko1
Hey, you have no right to forbid me to buy EA games such as The Sims 4 !
If you sick with EA, fine !
But, NEVER EVER Forbid people to buy EA games, especially The Sims 4, my Beloved game from EA !!
Untitled
And if i buy any EA games, so what ?!
Will it kill you ?!

The Sims 4 isn't even a good The Sims game. Not on PC, not on console.

I've been a The Sims fan since The Sims 1, and I'm certain when I say, nothing of value was lost for the Switch when TS4 didn't come out for it.

At least, The Sims 4 console is the ONLY The Sims games that DIRECTLY ported from PC.
The other Sims games on consoles are Watered Down version (The Sims 1 - 3 ).
I admit there are some flaws in The Sims 4, but at least i can experience The Sims 4 with "The Sims 2 + 3 " vibe.
To me, The Sims 4 is not really bad as you think. It feels like Half The Sims 2 (Get to Work is similar with Open Business) & half The Sims 3 (Traits)
And when almost all peoples want EA shutted down, it will lose a Life Simulation games from EA forever. Unless, if Animal Crossing Switch has some features like The Sims, so i can build my own house more detail with cuteness of Animal Crossing.

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic