Forums

Topic: We don`t need EA on Switch !!!

Posts 101 to 120 of 224

LzWinky

Whitewatermoose wrote:

LOL, No!. Activision is also crucial. Can you imagine the popularity of a good Switch version of COD, Destiny or Overwatch?

I'd be inclined to agree if publishers like EA would stop half-a'ing the ports to Nintendo systems.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

NEStalgia

Keep in mind that this is the second time EA tainted their own brand. They "repaired" their image a few years back......

NEStalgia

Zuljaras

For me, EA will never learn. They have so much money in advance that they do not even care for some BILLIONS lost. They know that their sheep will gather around on their next "BIG" release. Like those FIFA games. Each one is so much different and revolutionary than the last OMG "AMAZING".

Heavyarms55

EA has some talented developers, but they are the most corporate of game companies and far too greedy. The only reason I want EA to pay attention to Switch is to make other developers also pay attention.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

SKTTR

Stardew Valley showed what a new Harvest Moon should be like.
Some indie studio should do the same with The Sims gameplay and bring it to Switch to fill in the gap.

I don't see anything else of value at EA. Tons of developers can make a better football (FIFA) or racing (NFS) game.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Anti-Matter

SKTTR wrote:

Stardew Valley showed what a new Harvest Moon should be like.
Some indie studio should do the same with The Sims gameplay and bring it to Switch to fill in the gap.

I don't see anything else of value at EA. Tons of developers can make a better football (FIFA) or racing (NFS) game.

Animal Crossing has Very Big potential to having The Sims gameplay.
If there is Animal Crossing Switch, the gameplay should featuring Terraforming like Dragon Quest Builder / Portal Knights, with customization from Happy Home Designer, Tons of usable furnitures, Mini games, QR Codes, etc.

Anti-Matter

SKTTR

@Anti-Matter: I know Animal Crossing and I'm a huge fan of that series since the Japanese version hit the N64 in 2000. It was one of the games I almost bought a Japanese console for, it was the one single game I even played on an emulator with roughly 5fps in an internet café back in the day, since it took 3 more years to get it released in the West for the first time (Gamecube, 2003). I made the first Animal Crossing website back in 2001.

Animal Crossing can add a ton of features that will make it better, and the next one will probably have some of these, but it will never be like The Sims. And that's good because I'd rather have two different games with their own strengths instead of a mash-up of things that don't go together well.

I can see similarities between the two in the life simulation aspect, but I cannot see any gameplay analogy.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

blockfight

I've been playing FIFA since launch on Switch. Love it. The whole micro-transactions thing doesn't bother me coz I never buy anything other than the game itself.
Boycotting EA is a bit extreme. Choice is always a good thing.

Mayo for Sam. Year TBC.

shaneoh

SKTTR wrote:

Animal Crossing can add a ton of features that will make it better, and the next one will probably have some of these, but it will never be like The Sims. And that's good because I'd rather have two different games with their own strengths instead of a mash-up of things that don't go together well.

clicks on bed
"Woo hoo with Ribbot"'
Shudder

Although setting him on fire...

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

Anti-Matter

shaneoh wrote:

SKTTR wrote:

clicks on bed
"Woo hoo with Ribbot"'
Shudder

Although setting him on fire...

Well, i didn't mean there will be some naughty interactions in Animal Crossing games.

Anti-Matter

maruse

EA is one of the most despicable companies in the gaming world... but they're also the ones with the rights for Star Wars games and that, and that alone, is the only reason I might want them on the Switch. I couldn't care less for all the rest of their properties (well, except Dragon Age)

Edited on by maruse

Nickname/user name: マノロ

Switch Friend Code: SW-0173-2422-2348 | Nintendo Network ID: maruse

Matt_Barber

For my sins I play a fair few EA games on PC - there are still 30-odd on my Origin account plus a few more on Steam - but I'm struck looking over them at how many of the franchises have been killed off and the studios closed down of late.

In terms of ongoing series that still interest me, I could count them on one hand. Sure, it'd be a bonus if I could play some or all of them on the Switch, but it's not that big a deal if I can't.

Matt_Barber

Mintendo

I wouldn't mind an entry in the NHL series on the switch. With smooth online matchmaking.

Dan™
SW-6118-9125-9707

premko1

@Anti-Matter Who`s yelling ? And what ?
'hello ea, your games and policy sucks. Do something with it.' - do U really think they would listen ? U can`t be so naive...

my Switch fc: SW-6145-9649-2985
my 3ds friend code:1564-4008-8780
SuperMarioRun: 7635-1072-9440
AC PocketCamp: 6892-7280-610

premko1

Check UFC 2 to UFC 3 comparison....

Edited on by premko1

my Switch fc: SW-6145-9649-2985
my 3ds friend code:1564-4008-8780
SuperMarioRun: 7635-1072-9440
AC PocketCamp: 6892-7280-610

FX102A

My biggest disappointment is that EA still own the rights to the Strike series.

But honestly, they can remain off the Switch and nothing for me will be lost.

Then again, the last console to be EA free was the Dreamcast.

FX102A

FX102A

@subpopz True.

Whilst the DC failed in the sales department it has one heck of a library, if you can get it multi-regioned modded. Which reminds me.

WHEN IS ZERO GUNNER 2 COMING TO SWITCH!?!?!?

FX102A

NEStalgia

@subpopz They both own that one. It goes back to the Saturn launch when Sega launched it "available now" at E3 after telling partners including EA it would be available at holiday. Magically, Sega's own games including the Virtua sports games were ready day 1. Fancy that. It was a ploy to ensure their first party games were the top sellers and edged out their third party partners. EA vowed at that moment they'd "never support another Sega console", and they didn't. Retailers got shafted too, with only the preferred dealers getting that E3 timed shipment. K.B. Toys famously liquidated all Sega inventory and stopped carrying it. Sega built that one, all for a price higher than Sonys.

HOWEVER, EA started it by shafting Sega during the Genesis, with blackmailing them with the production of their own cartridges that bypassed that authenticity circuit after they reverse engineered it, unless Sega gave them such a deep publishing discount they were publishing EA at cost or below.

Proving that EA's sleaziness and ruthlessness isn't new, it goes back at least to 16-bit, but the DC situation was both EA AND Sega's bed.

And of course the DC didn't fail due to a lack of EA, but due to Sega shafting publishers, developers, retailers and consumers for the prior generation and a half, nobody at any tier was interested and those that were were confused. I don't think many that actually WERE interested in a DC even noticed a lack of EA games. PS2 already had that market locked all the way back then, and the few remaining Sega customers were interested primarily in the 1:1 arcade games and first party/Japanese titles.

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Not to mention bringing out hardware update after hardware update, and releasing follow up consoles the minute the current one didn't sell well enough for them...

Such a shame, since both the Saturn and the Dreamcast were wonderful machines with some truly stellar games, some of which are still highly enjoyable to this day.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

antster1983

@NEStalgia EA never actually managed to fully reverse engineer the Mega Drive lockout, admitting after the deal was inked that Mega Drive could still have locked out EA's carts. In essence they called Sega's bluff, and unfortunately Sega fell for it.

antster1983

Switch Friend Code: SW-7169-0993-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: antster1983 | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.