Forums

Topic: The Switch Recommendations Thread

Posts 541 to 560 of 2,207

Krull

@scubydo Not really fair of me to answer, as I own neither of the Tokyo Factory games, but given the mostly lukewarm reception I'd suggest you save the combined $38 or whatever it comes to and put it into Ys VIII, Shining Resonance Refrain or, obviously, Octopath Traveler instead, all of which are out within the next four weeks. Sometimes it's best to ignore the sales and just buy the better game.

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

LordsOfSkulls

I would love.... a Complete Shantae Collection Series on Switch. Happy to have physical copy of this series for like $50

LordsOfSkulls

bluemage1989

@Xyphon22 I bought Night in the Woods thinking yeah this will be decent heard good things but honestly I walked away loving it more than I imagined I ever could. Everything from the art style to the writing and perfect soundtrack just framed everything perfectly. I am anxiously awaiting a sequel or something from the same team as I think this could be my favourite indie title ever played.

bluemage1989

AndyD

Krull wrote:

@scubydo Not really fair of me to answer, as I own neither of the Tokyo Factory games, but given the mostly lukewarm reception I'd suggest you save the combined $38 or whatever it comes to and put it into Ys VIII, Shining Resonance Refrain or, obviously, Octopath Traveler instead, all of which are out within the next four weeks. Sometimes it's best to ignore the sales and just buy the better game.

Yeah, I actually have all of those pre-ordered.

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog
Switch:Minecraft Dungeons,Borderlands 2,ACNH

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

Repoman

I’ve got a plane ride and a hospital waiting room in my near future and I need some recommendations for some indie eshop games! GO!

Repoman

darkfenrir

@Repoman Off the top of my head is Hollow Knight, Golf Story, West of Loathing and Celeste

darkfenrir

Scrummer

@Repoman Steamworld Dig 2 and Golf Story are always good times.

Scrummer

Switch Friend Code: SW-7938-1793-3581 | My Nintendo: Scrummer

EvilLucario

If you love RPGs and/or action games, get Ys VIII: Lacrmosa of Dana. It's so much fun, combat is fun if clunky in some areas, and it's just a good game. Totally worth the $60.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

AndyD

So I am wanting to get one of the Mega Man collections, but I can't decide between the original legacy collection or the Mega Man X collection....both are good in their own way....any thoughts?

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog
Switch:Minecraft Dungeons,Borderlands 2,ACNH

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

KrispieKurt

Flinthook or Hollow Knight. I know. Very different games. Never really played Metroidvania genre games before. Spelunky and BoIR. Are awesome though. Also. Flinthook is on sale right now for 10 bucks.

KrispieKurt

KrispieKurt

@scubydo I’d get the original. I’m also 30 so that appeals more to me for nastalgic purposes

KrispieKurt

Justin_Maribito

Definitely seems like a really awesome game. Very excited

Justin_Maribito

Iwao

I'm sorry, I don't know if we can speak about accessories here, kinda new on this forum, but the new Anker Switch edition powerbank are gonna be released soon and I was a bit curious, owning myself a 26 800 PD from Anker and wondering what the difference with the original 20 000 PD as well.

The thing I dont understand if the way they promote it: on the official website, it's wirrten about the official 20100 PD that it will be able to give "2.5 Nintendo Switch charges"

It's not supposed to be at least 4 lives, considering the Switch battery is 4310mha??

Iwao

timdb

I don't know which one of these games to get... I am going on vacation and want to play something while im there (on my switch ofc)
What do you guys think, Toad treasure tracker or Shovel knight?

Thank you

timdb

jump

timdb wrote:

I don't know which one of these games to get... I am going on vacation and want to play something while im there (on my switch ofc)
What do you guys think, Toad treasure tracker or Shovel knight?

Thank you

They are different games offering different things.If you're an old skool fan of NES era platformers then go for Shovel Knight if not then go for Captain Toad.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

timdb

Which one has more content?

timdb

jump

timdb wrote:

Which one has more content?

It depends on which version of Shovel Knight you get, the Treasure Trove edition basically has lots of DLC with more to still to come.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Krull

@timdb As @jump points out, Treasure Tracker and Shovel Knight are very, very different games. If you're just dipping in and out while on holiday, Treasure Tracker seems like it would be very easy-going and enjoyable. Shovel Knight, however, is arguably the better game and offers waaay more content. With Treasure Trove, you get three games off the bat, with a fourth due to arrive this year.

For me, the question is only whether you are the kind of player who can spend hours playing old-school 2D platformers. I loved both Shovel Knight and - especially - Plague of Shadows, but played them six months apart to avoid burning out on them - which also explains why I haven't yet started Spectre of Torment. They are great games, though, with hours upon hours of content, especially if you like achievement hunting.

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

timdb

I'm not sure if im the person to play an old-school 2D platformer, but i prefer Shovel Knight over Hollow Knight from what i've seen from the gameplay. I've played the demo for Toad Treasure Tracker but i wasn't really blown away or something, i thought it was ok. I just want to know what you guys prefered.

timdb

jump

timdb wrote:

I'm not sure if im the person to play an old-school 2D platformer, but i prefer Shovel Knight over Hollow Knight from what i've seen from the gameplay. I've played the demo for Toad Treasure Tracker but i wasn't really blown away or something, i thought it was ok. I just want to know what you guys prefered.

If you're not keen on 2d platformers and not impressed with the Captain Toad demo you could always get another game.

Nicolai wrote:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic