Forums

Topic: The Switch Recommendations Thread

Posts 521 to 540 of 950

Scrummer

I want a rhythm game on Switch and have been considering either Just Shapes and Beats or Runner3. Which one should I get?

Scrummer

Switch Friend Code: SW-7938-1793-3581 | My Nintendo: Scrummer

Daftbomb

@Scrummer I've yet to play either of those you mention, but my money is on just shapes and beats when it comes out here (uk). Looks to be the better of the two and a bit more synthasaesia involved than runner.

Two games that you haven't mentioned that are really worth a shout are Crypt of The Necrodancer and Thumper, both have excellent music, very distinct art styles and addictive qualities. Thumper is very loud and intense, CoTN is tough as nails but infinitely replayable due to its roguelike nature. I love both of these and heartily recommend them.

Daftbomb

Switch Friend Code: SW-8258-7374-5699 | My Nintendo: daftbomb

Scrummer

@Daftbomb Might check out Thumper, but I'm not getting CotN right now, as I've kind of had my roguelite fill recently, although I did play the demo and thought it was a lot of fun.

Scrummer

Switch Friend Code: SW-7938-1793-3581 | My Nintendo: Scrummer

Midgar777

Hello everyone - just read the whole thread from start to finish, I’ve got lots of great games to look into, so thanks!

That said....I have a question!

I’ve got Mario Odyssey, Z:BotW, Stardew Valley, Golf Story, Mario Kingdom Battle, Snipperclips and Old Mans Journey. I’m looking into getting either Kirby or Tropical Freeze - which is best and do any of them have some great replay value etc? Thanks 🙏🏻

Midgar777

MarioLover92

@Midgar777 If you never got Tropical Freeze on the Wii U, I'd say that's a better pick overall, with great level design and challenge. If you like speedrunning, there's also a time attack mode for each level, complete with online leaderboards. Kirby Star Allies is a solid game, but I think it's best played with a friend or two; like nearly every Kirby game, it's pretty easy and that may result in the game being shallow when you're playing solo.

"Super Mario Maker on Switch.................CALLED IT!"
-Me while watching the 2/13/19 Nintendo Direct

scubydo

I cant decide get Mario Kingdom Battles while on sale or go ahead and get Mario Tennis Aces....help!!
Also, is Paladins worth it? I enjoy those type of games.

RPG, FPS, Adventure,Action...oh I like 'em all!
New Switch ID: SW-3806-8055-1317

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

darkfenrir

@Voldemort807 If you enjoy Metroidvania, it's a must have!

Exploration, great combat, atmosphere... One of the best game I enjoyed. (I haven't finish it, and I think I'm waiting for the last free DLC to come by to actually swim into it, but I tried for a while and it really gives off the nice vibe immediately)

darkfenrir

Switch Friend Code: SW-0242-3593-1338

darkfenrir

@Voldemort807 Have fun!

It has great (and hard) combat too so you're in for a treat haha xD

darkfenrir

Swordsman83

any recommendations of jrpg ? besides the upcoming octopath and the already released xenoblade chronicles 2 and disegea 5

Currently Owned Switch Games: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Octopath Traveller.

darkfenrir

@Swordsman83
Already released game I can think is Battle Chaser: Nightwars? Or maybe you might want to try West of Loathing although it's more normal RPG (and really funny)

Ys8 coming at 26 June (US) / 29 June (EU)

Shining Resonance Refrain at 10 July (a demo at eshop)

The World Ends With You this Fall

Tales of Vesperia this Winter.

darkfenrir

toiletduck

@Midgar777 If you're even slightly experienced with 2D platformers I'd definitely go with DK: TF. I bought both but I'm gonna sell Kirby. I mainly dislike the pace. I guess Kirby is the better option if you plan on playing with kids a lot.

toiletduck

jump

Swordsman83 wrote:

any recommendations of jrpg ? besides the upcoming octopath and the already released xenoblade chronicles 2 and disegea 5

You can try Lost Sphear, I Am Setsuna, Atelier Lydie & Suelle, Nights of Azure or Fantasy Hero.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Midgar777

@WebHead

I honestly wouldn’t bother mate. I bought the full game for about £25 and it’s really dull:( I’m probably missing the point of it and the way it controls etc but it’s just not for me. If you liked the demo I guess you might like the full release?

Midgar777

acavier

If you own an SNES Classic, it would be great to be able to plug in a code on the Switch and be able to play all the classic's games right on the Switch! Portable Super Metroid would be awesome!

acavier

scubydo

Should i go with Mario Kingdom battles or wait for Mario Tennis...,?? I cant decide

RPG, FPS, Adventure,Action...oh I like 'em all!
New Switch ID: SW-3806-8055-1317

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

TooBarFoo

+1 for Hollow knight, Its a classic metroid / bloodbourne cross that plays out life size in handheld mode. 10/10 for me

TooBarFoo

EvilLucario

Yeah, I'll second (third?) the recommendation for Hollow Knight. It's such a fantastic Metroidvania that combines elements of Zelda and Dark Souls into the classic Metroid-like gameplay, while combat is like a slightly different version of Castlevania. Such a fantastic game.

And of course since it's me, get Xenoblade 2 if you like RPGs or just a huge meaty adventure to sink your teeth into. My favorite game on the Switch right now and I don't see that getting dethroned any time soon, even with Smash Ultimate coming out.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

acavier

I have enjoyed Mario vs Rabbids. Not sure if I will get Mario Tennis. I am more of an RPG fan than a sports fan.

acavier

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic