Forums

Topic: The Switch Recommendations Thread

Posts 521 to 540 of 611

EvilLucario

@i-mnotfred Yeah, the Octopath Traveler demo is a good choice to see how you'd do. If you like it, give it a shot when the full release comes out.

Breath of the Wild isn't an "RPG", per se, but it has some simplified RPG elements that can perhaps ease you into them. Give that a shot first I'd say.

My favorite game on the Switch is Xenoblade Chronicles 2, but that game is super complex with a lot of systems to manage and work with. I don't know if it's noob-friendly, but I have heard some people love it while that was their first RPG.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

WebHead

Should I get Spelunker Party? the demo was fun.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

hirokun

EvilLucario wrote:

@i-mnotfred Yeah, the Octopath Traveler demo is a good choice to see how you'd do. If you like it, give it a shot when the full release comes out.

Breath of the Wild isn't an "RPG", per se, but it has some simplified RPG elements that can perhaps ease you into them. Give that a shot first I'd say.

My favorite game on the Switch is Xenoblade Chronicles 2, but that game is super complex with a lot of systems to manage and work with. I don't know if it's noob-friendly, but I have heard some people love it while that was their first RPG.

RPG lovers don't know they love RPGs until they play a good one that is more complex than pokemon. Xenoblade is perhaps one of, if not the most solid JRPG experiences you can go for to see if you really like it. I'm sitting here hoping for a port of Xenoblade Chronicles X from the Wii:U, that game had me testing my resolve to not drop money on the console.

I sexually identify as a starfruit

ArtheXavier

andrew20 wrote:

Is pokken good

Yes. Surprisingly so. I suck at it and should practice more, but its fun! Nice presentation and the gameplay is top notch.

Switch Friend code: SW-1992-7925-5001 | Nintendo name: Arthe

judaspete

If you own a Switch and don't have ARMS, you can go buy it

Edited on by Yosheel

judaspete

My Nintendo: judaspete | Nintendo Network ID: judaspete

EvilLucario

Don't think I mentioned Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon just yet. It's great if you're a fan of Classicvania, but it's extremely easy compared to the NES games and maybe on-par with Rondo of Blood. Even making it harder for yourself by ignoring/killing other party members doesn't put it on the same level. That said, I don't know if it's because I've gotten really good or if it's just naturally easier. Zangetsu's sword, despite the lower horizontal reach, has very good vertical reach compared to any other Classicvania whip, so the not-Fleamen frogs are very easy to kill compared to any other Classicvania incarnation.

Still though, I couldn't put it down for some time. I've been craving Classicvania for a long time, and this game delivered really well on it. I had the same problem with this game as with Blaster Master Zero though (also created by the same dudes), that being the difficulty not being on-par with the original games.

Easy recommendation if you love or even like Classicvania. If you don't but never tried it though, this can be a very good gateway game into the other games like Castlevania 1, 3, 4, and Rondo of Blood. Those games are fantastic as well, and they get my recommendations as well if they come on the NES online service. If you didn't like Classicvania due to its high difficulty, there exists a Casual mode that removes knockback and has infinite lives. If you just straight-up don't like Classicvania, though, this game probably won't change your mind.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Scrummer

I want a rhythm game on Switch and have been considering either Just Shapes and Beats or Runner3. Which one should I get?

Scrummer

Switch Friend Code: SW-7938-1793-3581 | My Nintendo: Scrummer

Daftbomb

@Scrummer I've yet to play either of those you mention, but my money is on just shapes and beats when it comes out here (uk). Looks to be the better of the two and a bit more synthasaesia involved than runner.

Two games that you haven't mentioned that are really worth a shout are Crypt of The Necrodancer and Thumper, both have excellent music, very distinct art styles and addictive qualities. Thumper is very loud and intense, CoTN is tough as nails but infinitely replayable due to its roguelike nature. I love both of these and heartily recommend them.

Daftbomb

Switch Friend Code: SW-8258-7374-5699 | My Nintendo: daftbomb

Scrummer

@Daftbomb Might check out Thumper, but I'm not getting CotN right now, as I've kind of had my roguelite fill recently, although I did play the demo and thought it was a lot of fun.

Scrummer

Switch Friend Code: SW-7938-1793-3581 | My Nintendo: Scrummer

Midgar777

Hello everyone - just read the whole thread from start to finish, I’ve got lots of great games to look into, so thanks!

That said....I have a question!

I’ve got Mario Odyssey, Z:BotW, Stardew Valley, Golf Story, Mario Kingdom Battle, Snipperclips and Old Mans Journey. I’m looking into getting either Kirby or Tropical Freeze - which is best and do any of them have some great replay value etc? Thanks 🙏🏻

Midgar777

MarioLover92

@Midgar777 If you never got Tropical Freeze on the Wii U, I'd say that's a better pick overall, with great level design and challenge. If you like speedrunning, there's also a time attack mode for each level, complete with online leaderboards. Kirby Star Allies is a solid game, but I think it's best played with a friend or two; like nearly every Kirby game, it's pretty easy and that may result in the game being shallow when you're playing solo.

MarioLover92

scubydo

I cant decide get Mario Kingdom Battles while on sale or go ahead and get Mario Tennis Aces....help!!
Also, is Paladins worth it? I enjoy those type of games.

RPG, FPS, Adventure,Action...oh I like 'em all!
New Switch ID: SW-3806-8055-1317

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

darkfenrir

@Voldemort807 If you enjoy Metroidvania, it's a must have!

Exploration, great combat, atmosphere... One of the best game I enjoyed. (I haven't finish it, and I think I'm waiting for the last free DLC to come by to actually swim into it, but I tried for a while and it really gives off the nice vibe immediately)

darkfenrir

Switch Friend Code: SW-0242-3593-1338

darkfenrir

@Voldemort807 Have fun!

It has great (and hard) combat too so you're in for a treat haha xD

darkfenrir

Swordsman83

any recommendations of jrpg ? besides the upcoming octopath and the already released xenoblade chronicles 2 and disegea 5

Swordsman83

darkfenrir

@Swordsman83
Already released game I can think is Battle Chaser: Nightwars? Or maybe you might want to try West of Loathing although it's more normal RPG (and really funny)

Ys8 coming at 26 June (US) / 29 June (EU)

Shining Resonance Refrain at 10 July (a demo at eshop)

The World Ends With You this Fall

Tales of Vesperia this Winter.

darkfenrir

toiletduck

@Midgar777 If you're even slightly experienced with 2D platformers I'd definitely go with DK: TF. I bought both but I'm gonna sell Kirby. I mainly dislike the pace. I guess Kirby is the better option if you plan on playing with kids a lot.

toiletduck

jump

Swordsman83 wrote:

any recommendations of jrpg ? besides the upcoming octopath and the already released xenoblade chronicles 2 and disegea 5

You can try Lost Sphear, I Am Setsuna, Atelier Lydie & Suelle, Nights of Azure or Fantasy Hero.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic