Forums

Topic: The Switch Recommendations Thread

Posts 2,201 to 2,210 of 2,210

WoomyNNYes

Europa (demo)

This was in yesterday's Indie Direct. Good looking game, not super polished, but the game still has charm and the jump & glide mechanics are maybe the the most interesting. The farther you go, the more they add to the jump & glide aspect. The demo was entertaining enough to complete the demo.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

gcunit

@WoomyNNYes You did well to finish it. I've found it a frustrating experience. Jerky camera, invisible barriers. It's not far off from being an enjoyable experience, but the camera needs sorting.

I got myself to a point that seemed to be where I should be getting to, but then my next destination wasn't clear and every direction I tried to glide in just wrestled control away from me and put me back where I was. Maybe it's just restricted due to being a demo, but a game that looks like a glidey exploration game, but has invisible barriers, is too much of a tease for me.

And I'm not sure the wild animals add much to the experience. They are poorly rendered.

But I'll keep an eye out for the finished product still.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

FishyS

gcunit wrote:

@WoomyNNYes You did well to finish it. I've found it a frustrating experience. Jerky camera, invisible barriers. It's not far off from being an enjoyable experience, but the camera needs sorting.
I got myself to a point that seemed to be where I should be getting to, but then my next destination wasn't clear and every direction I tried to glide in just wrestled control away from me.

Huh. The demo took me about 15-20 minutes by just always walking towards the next pillar of light whenever I wasn't sure where to go. Honestly it felt like I should have been getting lost so I was impressed I kept ending up right where I should be. I admit I was curious if the random invisible barriers are part of the game or just there in the demo. Even though it was a bit janky, I enjoyed the demo and wishlisted the game.

I agree the animals are a bit pointless, though it is funny you can stand on a turtle and then have it walk around, carrying you.

Edited on by FishyS

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

gcunit

[quote=gcunit]

FishyS wrote:

I agree the animals are a bit pointless, though it is funny you can stand on a turtle and then have it walk around, carrying you.

Oh, that's what it's supposed to do...

FishyS

@gcunit what the heck 😆 How did you get the turtle to do that. I admit, I thought some of the jank in the game was a bit charming. I always love games where you can jank-climb up on places you are clearly not actually supposed to be on.

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

gcunit

@FishyS I just jumped on its head, punched in the Konami Code and shouted "Dance *****!" 🤠

Edited on by gcunit

sunny63

Hey, I would have put this in the Sea of Stars thread, but there wasn't one...
Does the game have a hard mode accessible from the start? I've heard it's rather too easy for some people. I mean a proper "Hard" difficulty setting, not a self-imposed challenge.

sunny63

sunny63

I send one message and the thread just dies.

sunny63

WoomyNNYes

@sunny63 I think you're ok to make a thread for your sea of stars question. And regarding the thread dying after you ask about sea of stars, you can still get silence even if you post about a popular game. I've posted in Breath of the Wild thread recently and gotten crickets. It happens.😁

On top of that, the NL forum traffic appears to have slowed a good deal with the arrival of spring in the northern hemisphere. I think most people on this site are in the US/UK/EU. And.. on top of that, I think things have also slowed some because it's the end of the Switch cycle. When a new console launches with new games, this place will get quite busy again.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

sunny63

@WoomyNNYes Alr thanks. I've got some other games from the library now, and the demo fell flat for me, so I'm not really interested in SoS now anyways.

sunny63

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic